The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Yes, actually. I first joined because some of my tiles in a hack weren't changing no matter how I did in A-Map. That, or I was trying to get rid of the part where Bill takes you to the Sevii Islands and didn't know how to work map scripts.

I decided to stick around for ROM hacking too, because there's no other place where I can talk about ROM hacking to this extent.
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Binary
え?

A mix of reasons, but yes, ROM hacking did play a part.
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Wulfre
Beginning Trainer

I JUST joined for this reason
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
I actually struggled with the idea of registering. I already had everything I needed for Rom hacking from Wah, and I usally like to figure things out on my own. But after a while of searching the forum I released there were so many hackers that were better then me, that it would probably be beneficial if I joined, that way I could learn from a couple of them.
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Sinnoh_Freak
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I created my account because I love Pokemon! :D I did end up finding the ROM hacking section, and it did become the sole reason I kept coming here for quite a while!
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I did originally to Rom Hack, but I discovered other parts of the site.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
amcolash
Unhatched Egg

It seems like a lot of people made their accounts for this reason, as did I. I am a big fan of Pokemon, but I guess the hacking is the only part I am into at the moment. Although I love nostalgia, I fell like this community has sucked me in to Pokemon to a whole new level - even if I am not too vocal about it
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Tigerkit300

Kinda sorta made one for RMXP resources for Pokemon Essentials

Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Like most people that come here, the reason I joined up in the first place... was indeed to begin ROM hacking. But just think, when I first joined... I never even posted a thread anywhere on the forum... it was so long ago... waaaaay back to January 2008. My only purpose of joining at that time was to download ROM hacking tools, when I first noticed those tools... I noticed that this was the same forum that Carlos (aka Zel) showcased his ROM hack of FireRed called "Pokémon ShinyGold", it was a remake of Pokémon Gold.

You may have thought that I would've introduced myself and created my first thread upon joining, right? Wrong! I never even posted anywhere on the forum until April 1st, 2008, 'cause I wasn't open at that stage. It was only later in the year that I gradually opened up, 'cause I made new friends here on the forum.

So yeah, I might actually be working on a ROM hack, but it's very early... and I've only just inserted a few tiles. xD

I did indeed create my account only for the purpose of ROM hacking, so the answer to that is "yes". xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
johnr754
I am JOHN, heck yeah!

Nature: Modest
When I first joined, it was to download romhacks like Pokémon ShinyGold. I joined in 2009, didn't make any active efforts until 2011 and now I'll make a rom hack.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Zaerosz

I did indeed. Pity the only thing I've asked so far hasn't been answered.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

For the most part I definitely joined mainly for the hacking part of the community, however I still enjoy the franchise (well only the games and the old TCG) so discussion on the franchise interests me as well. You'll probably see most of my posts here though since I love hacking. <3
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Miikroniix
Hopeful Hacker

Yes, I absolutely love ROM hacking, in fact I'm working on one, although i need some help with making battle sprites, as i suck at pixel editing. If anyone would like to partner with me i will give them credit.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ferox
Beginning Trainer

I joined after mooching off the forum's tutorials for a while, and still not finding the little simple answers I needed. The Simple answers thread has been a huge help.
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Tcoppy
Toq 6
Community Supporter

Yes and no, when I was on youtube I looked at pokemon games I never seen, like Chaos Black. And I decided to play pokemon hacks,so I joined here to download stuff, I was twelve back then and I asked my parents for me to join, my dad thought it costed money so he said no, then I asked my mom and she said yes (I was very sneaky xD). Anyway, I played some hacks and then I decided to make one (which is still a work in progress).

TL/DR (Well not that long but still...): Yes and no. No because I first joined to play hacks then to make one and yes because playing hacks does have three sections (where all of them are showcased) which is in the rom hacking area.

Last edited by Tcoppy; July 14th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM
jdb1984

Nature: Calm
Yes. I have ideas for the hack I'm mworking on, though I'm not sure how many I can do.
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
marioc5198
Beginning Trainer

I'm just starting to hack the Fire Red ROM! hope i can make a good hack! so, yes... i only made this account for hacking!
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
UmbraMooh
Elite

I joined a few days ago just for hacking. I'm using what I learned to make a hack of Firered.
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Yep. 4 years ago, i made this account pretty much for rom hacking.
Old July 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Riegel25
Beginning Trainer

I created my PC account to learn more about rom hacking and have tons of tools at my avail.
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Trainee
Beginning Trainer

I joined purely for the hopes that somebody might help me find the tools used to make ROM hacks
Old July 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM
BouncedMr Happy
Beginning Trainer

I certainly did. I remember when I first made my account how cool I thought it was to see all these fan made pokemon games.
Old July 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

Nature: Quirky
One of the many reasons I registered on pokecommunity was for that reason yes.

______________ __________________
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Galaxy S3
New Mod Maker

I just joined recently for the sole purpose of hacking and playing other people's hacks, I've recently started hacking fire red which I'm sure almost everyone starts with and I'm having a blast
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Yes, I did. 100% solely because of it. When I first came to PC, it was to see the Ruby Destiny Triology and Shiny Gold, and then I did some loitering around in the Showcase section and saw that half the hacks have download links in attachments. So I made an account to download the latest versions of RD and SG and tried others as well. 2 months after I came back because I was directed here for tuts on how to ROM hack and ROM Hacking tools. I didn't visit many bright tuts till later on unfortunately, so I learnt everything the hard way. Then I was an upcoming GBA ROM Hacker then suddenly it started moving out of the scene, an year after the release of Black and White. DS hacking became more prominent, not to mention RMXP games. So I lost interest mostly and only peeped in when I was bored. I went through a few more hacks one day and saw awesome graphics and thought, hey, why don't I become a spriter? So I found many tuts over the internet and soon started my Sprite Shop. Now that I'm Spriter Supreme, I thought I'd get back to Hacking and that was just yesterday.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links