The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Pokemon ToR include any of the original 695 pokemon + our fakemon?
Yes, all 695 10 55.56%
No, none at all 4 22.22%
Yes, but not all 695. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

UPDATE-

Hey guys. Sorry for no updates this week, I have school. Anyways, I have been rapidly working on maps. Route 2 is finished. Second town is finished. First forest is finished. Small route 3 is finished.

Also we welcome my friend Jake to the team. He is a great anime artist and will be helping to draw characters for our game. (Not Fakemon).

At the same time, NIntendork has left the team. (No time)

IF anyone is able to help with anything, please let me know.

SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON.
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I do apologize for leaving, but I will be keeping close eyes on you! ;D
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Its alright! We forgive you haha. Also have some fakemon coming up!!
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Update-

Heavy progress being made. I finished up some more routes and another town. Still pretty much a one man team. Can anyone help out?
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

As said in the title. We still NEED help. I will be posting more screenshots today btw.

Things we need help with-
-Spriters
-Artists- Fakemon, Sprites, Tiles, Backrounds, Ect.
-Mappers- Will work with me on making maps.
-Scripters- Will script the game. Neither my friends or I know how to script.
-Ect- Good at something I failed to mention? Want to help? Feel free to let me know!

I am unable to do this solo, and my team is not helping. I need atleast one more mapper, and atleast one scripter. Even if you can not help full time, a little would be nice.
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, you're kinda asking everyone else to do the work for you... Mapping is easy, so is eventing, you've got all the easy jobs down... Maybe if you attempted spriting or scripting, you will get good at it... Tiles are the easiest thing to do, as most of the siles are small and need little work to be done, as do overworlds, I requested these myself, but upon doing them, I realised it is easy... Try it, progress will be slow for your game, so don't rush! Nobody is making you release this game any time soon.
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Im doing plenties of work myself. I have been practicing eventing. I have been doing all mapping myself, although im not the best. I have fixed up my own tile set, although pkmn.master has made me another one. I have been doing some spriting as you can see on the first page. The only things im asking people to do without my help, would be scripting, which I have attempted before, music ( Possibly), and art. Again im able to sprite, but not fakemon. I simply just need some help.
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Fair enough, just don't rely too much on other people at any moment they will leave you!
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

UPDATED SCREENSHOTS. Check out the main page.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Littlered
The Red One

Nature: Adamant
Hello there, they call me Littlered. I'm not what you call the most active participant of this forum but time to time I take a good look at whats new and whats going on. I saw this thread immediatly knowing that somebody needs help. I am a wonderfull mapper and I think I would make a great help to your production team. My summer has just started so I would be free for the majority of this summer. I am a very hard worker and give my effort a 110%. Let me know if you would like my help! Just below are some of my custom maps I made for a MMORPG called PWO. (Note: these aren't actually in the game itself, but they are my maps almost like a submition to become a mapper there) Yea so here's my work with just a default map maker:

Attached Thumbnails
Cave B.png‎   WhiteRiver.png‎   LaVista.png‎   RouteC.png‎  
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Hey there! Your work is great. And your saying your going to be active? Fantastic! Welcome to the team! Let me just update our tileset, and ill send you a copy.
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
Looks like you have done quite a bit with that tileset. I'm liking it. I did send you a PM about helping along with mapping, as it is my best subject, along with spiriting custom graphics for menus, or HP bars, so if you need those to help brush up the battle system and menus, let me know. Might a suggest trying sprite splicing for your trainers? That is how I made all of mine. Here is some of my work that I am using for my game (note: they are JPEG'd so that nobody on the forum will steal them):

Spoiler:

Because I am working on my own game and I haven't found anyone to help, I may be slow at sometimes, but I am very serious about my work for not only my game, but also others as well.

Last edited by pkmn.master; June 13th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for helping Pkmn.Master. INdeed wwe do need help with screens aswell so ill pm you about that! Thanks for helping out so much!
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
Do you have any concepts for fakemon, even written down? I've made lots of sprites for a game concept I'll never make, but I won't lend out my creations. I'd like to try making sprites for other people. Tumblr for most recent sprites as examples: http://iveefakemon.tumblr.com/
Old June 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Musketeer and Ivee welcome to the team!

Musketeer ill get back to you right now via PM to see some examples.

Ivee my friend is in charge of fakemon ideas with me. We have a good list already. Ill pm you with details now.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
typhlosion4
Unhatched Egg

Hey there everybody. First of all i want to thank all u guys for the help!
This is hagler, im making my first appearence. As you may or may not know, my job is fakemon ideas. Anyone with ideas i would greatly appreciate it, you can post it on the forum or email me at [email protected]. Thanks! (btw we currently have 32 fakemon)
This part is mainly for ivee. oldbarrel will give u the list of fakemon soon, hopefully. I have it with me now, never handed them to him. If you hav any questions on how they should look like or anything ab them, you can and i would greatly appreciate you asking me, either through the forum or email. Thanks!
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Littlered
The Red One

Nature: Adamant
We're gonna really do our best to make this game the best we can make it! For all Crew people of the Pokemon Jade Team, please visit our chatroom!

(Xat.com/PokemonJade)

This is a development chat only, members of the team should be here daily as possible so we can efficiently get things together!

[forgot to mention, I'm the mapper gurl <3]
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
Ah, unfortunately I work 6 days a week so probably won't be in the chatroom too often. I've pm'd oldbarrel some concepts already though.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Ivee the work is great. We will have the 3 starters for you guys soon!
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

WIll do.

Update-
We have atleast 5 new towns and routes all done! The starters are done and I will put them up soon! I am now done with school so I will be working on the project even more!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:42 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Updated story line! Added features! Check out the fakemon too! Also if anyone is a good spriter for trainers, we need that. Let me know please.
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:59 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys! I have been working on mapping quite a bit recently, and have worked some more on the story line and plot for the game as you play. Keep your eyes on this project we promise to finish!
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
khkramer

Wow just wow, those starters are amazing :O

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

Thank You. :D And all credit for the fakemon to Ivee.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links