Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old May 31st, 2012 (03:38 AM).
DarkAbsolX
Pokemon World Champion 50Times

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkAbsolX
Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).

Old May 31st, 2012 (03:47 AM).
Little Oshawott
The Trainer of cute Pokemon

Nature: Gentle
Remember Pikachu was involved in that storm. So It affected Pikachu so It couldnt fight well as it normally does?

My FC: 0791-2104-5583
Old May 31st, 2012 (04:04 AM).
DarkAbsolX

You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

But this is just in Unova.
On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.

Old May 31st, 2012 (04:39 AM).
EarthWolfblade
Returning breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to EarthWolfblade
[SIZE="a"]Who would watch a show that consists of a whiny ten year old with a shock rat destroying everyone all the time?[/SIZE]
Old May 31st, 2012 (06:16 AM).
weedle_mchairybug

You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

But this is just in Unova.
On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.
Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.
Old May 31st, 2012 (11:27 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true

@EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 31st, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by DarkAbsolX:
Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).
The Anime doesn't have structured Levels like in the games and that Snivy had Leaf Tornado, a fairly strong Grass Move. Ash and co. Have lost to new trainers in the past as well, keep in mind that Ash only had Iron Tail and Quick Attack while Snivy had a wider range of attack options.

Quote originally posted by weedle_mchairybug:
Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.
Ash looked at moving bushes and only saw the TOP part of Iris's hair. When he pulled up his Pokedex it told him that it was a Pokemon called Kibago. Ash even comments that it doesn't look the same and tries to catch it either way.

He did not see Iris until after the attempted capture.
Old May 31st, 2012 (12:32 PM).
EarthWolfblade
Returning breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to EarthWolfblade
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true

@EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)

I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.

What I'd really like to see:

The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)
Old June 1st, 2012 (06:18 AM).
DarkAbsolX

@EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's something i want to see too..

Jessie and Jame's costumes can be as bad as all, but Ash never discover who they are..

It's so repetitive..

Old June 2nd, 2012 (07:18 AM).
double trouble!
Psyduck

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by EarthWolfblade:
I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.

What I'd really like to see:

The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)
I'd rather have that as a separate anime.
Old June 3rd, 2012 (03:19 PM).
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

Quote:
I feel like I'm repeatedly beating a dead horse by saying this, but the reason Ash and Pikachu look like newbies is because they keep Ash 10 years old whenever he goes to a new region. They do this to keep the show going "fresh" and to not make the main characters progress to the point of being all-powerful.

Sponsored Links