The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai

Advertise here
Username: Rai
Element: Water
Answer a discussion topic:

1. Who is your favorite character?- In ATLA, my favorite character is Zuko. He is so misunderstood and angry, but adorable in a weird way. In LOK, my favorite character is Korra because she is strong and determined. I have the biggest crush on her.

Last edited by Rai; September 13th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Tlachtli
Crit happens.

Nature: Modest
ErmahgurdAvatarFanClubThread

Username: Tlachtli
Element: Earth

11. I'm pretty sure she's just evil. To quote her, "My own mother thought I was a monster--she was right, of course."

A Gen 3 remake de-make, (soon to be) featuring many Gen VI mechanics
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Shizzable
The Derpiest One Of All

Nature: Jolly
I've loved The Last Airbender ever since I saw it back in 2005. Now that I'm a bit older, I re-watched it and loved it more than ever. The Legend of Korra is great as well, and I can't wait for Book 2.

Username: Shizzable
Element: Air
Answer a discussion topic (10): They mentioned a lot during the start of the series how Korra "wasn't in touch with her spiritual side." So she'll probably do... Well, that. It's hard to guess now. One thing I really wish they did was not give Korra her bending back so early. It would be cool if she could only airbend for a part of Book 2. Giving her bending back right after she lost it really dropped the emotional value.
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Magic

Bit of a rushed start to LoK season 2 but I'm glad it's back!

Spoiler:
Question: Was it just me who thought, at one point, Korra was spirit-bending? There was one moment where the grey wisps were surrounding a spirit (before she failed and was saved). Way too much progress for my liking :/ I wish they would tone down her super-learning skills.

Also, what is there left to train with air-bending? They went on about how she needs to continue training, but... she can airbend, she can ride air-balls which previously they described as a skilled technique. It felt like they were imagining a need to train just to add to the conflict... unnecessary and not well thought out, imo.
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, Rai, Tlachtli, Shizzable! You're all benders of the original gang. :D

Book 2 started. I quite like the pacing.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I think Korra was totally spirit bending towards the end of the premiere. I didn't expect her to have any luck with spirit bending already.. She's still working on her spiritual side. She was kind of annoying when she used physical force to open the portal.

Asami and Bolin working together, great. Jinora getting some screen time, awesome. Eska has taken quite a liking to Bolin, but I hope it's for comic relief. I don't kinda don't want more love triangles and such again, haha.

I think Korra still had a lot to learn about airbending. She's learned the other elements in a decade, but only 6 months for airbending, that's not enough...
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Spoiler:
I think they mean that she has to understand airbending instead of just learning how to physically do it. Like, every single avatar in the past before her studied all the elements by training with a master and learning the culture of that nation. Korra kind of just had to make do, because there were no airbenders. She can physically airbend but she doesn't understand any of the airbending culture and it's kinda sad because the airbenders were my favorites and it seems like their culture has kinda been lost. I mean there are air people but they don't get the tattoos, they don't really seem to act like airbenders at all I guess? I can't really explain it.

I'm really excited for this season because it looks like they'll be giving us completely new stuff like spirits whoaa :3 I hope Jinora becomes more important and doesn't just stay as "one of the airbending kids" because I think she's p cool.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
Have you seen Book 2's latest episode? What are your thoughts?

Spoiler:
Book 2's looking good overall! I like the pacing - it's neither too rushed nor too slow. Hmm... I'm a little sceptical about Korra's decision to make her uncle her new teacher. He has this thing about him which makes him a little suspicious in a sense. I'm not even sure that opening that spirit portal was the right thing to do, but it seemed to be alright by the auroras in the sky. There's still not enough information for me to conclude anything though.

Another reason why I think Korra's decision to abort her lessons with Tenzin is not the right choice is that although Korra can now airbend, she still doesn't know the spiritual side of it, and thus doesn't have complete mastery of it yet. I feel that if she had visited the air temples with Tenzin, she would have gained much more insight on how to better her air bending as well as open up her mind to the spiritual side of the art. Perhaps this way, she could even learn how to calm the dark spirits easier since her spiritual side has been awakened.

All in all, amazing first few episodes! Can't wait for the others.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family

Last edited by Synerjee; September 18th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

Spoiler:
That was an awesome episode, eee. I really did miss the style of comedy from the show so having it back really brightened my day. Lots of crazy Bolin and interesting interactions between Korra and Tenzin as well as the other adults. Still wondering what happened when Asami found out about Korra and Mako, though.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Magic

This episode was good .

Spoiler:
"Is this thing fast enough to get away from my crazy, waterbending ex girlfriend?"
"Why do you think I built this boat?"

Funny episode, glad Korra isn't going to spend the entire season being blind to the obvious trickery going on.

The spirits were /mostly/ forgotten here though - and I'm wondering what the point of the Tenzen side-story is, and when the two will be colliding. It's nice and all but... yeah.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Username: Flush'd
Element: Air
Answer a discussion topic:
Spoiler:
I'm kinda on the fence about this season. From the start of the series, the humor (mostly Bolin) has been kinda random and weird for me. And having some familiar voices like Kya (Lisa Edelstein, I'm a big House MD fan) and Eska (Audrey Plaza) is kinda weird too. But the plot is very interesting. It does seem to move a bit quickly, but that's fine. To me, Korra seems to be almost abusing her status, going into the Avatar state for the most random things. I wished they would've shown flashbacks to Aang and his kids.
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Can't let this club die!

So what did you guys think about the revelations of how the first avatar actually became the avatar? Well, what did you think about the whole episode in general? :p

Spoiler:
Personally, I really enjoyed the episode. It was really interesting to see how they pictured the past, and how the humans were basically few and far apart, and how all the bending powers weren't inherited like they are in the current time of the series. Kinda makes you wonder why people started being born as benders, however it could be that the power of the elements were basically part of your blood once you obtained them, and that it just carried over to your children, however that kinda contradicts the fact that not everyone in the modern day has bending powers. I guess once the spirits and the humans were seperated by worlds, the humans didn't really need the powers anymore, but that kinda leaves a lot of loose ends hanging. Why weren't everyone required to return their powers then, or why weren't everyone allowed to have and keep them? Ahh details.

Anyways, I really loved Wan. He was a super lovable character, and he honestly reminded me a lot of Aang. Being a bit of a joker, while still fighting for what's right, and I would honestly have loved to have seen more of him. I also really liked how they changed up the artstyle for those two episodes, it really made one feel that it was in a different era. Other than that, extremely good story and concept, and I love how he actually became the avatar.

You can definitely tell that the role of the avatar has changed over time, because whereas Wan sought to defeat the evil he had set free and tried to make the spirits and the human live in peace with each other, both of the avatars we've seen have been all about keeping peace between humans (which Korra isn't really doing a good job at atm :p), however with the passing of was it 1000 years? approaching, and with the fact that she already opened one of the gates between the spirit world and the human world, I reckon we're gonna be in for something big ;) Really looking forward to the future episode, and looking forward to seeing Korra redeem herself as an Avatar :p
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Spoiler:
thats funny nickelodeon, i got that reference of wan being the first avatar ;3 geddit? #captobviousnoob

Anyways, just waiting for the new episodes to come out :3

Leijon

:33 < Coz you know I'd walk a thousand miles

#poc #fcg #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary
Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gunner View Post
Spoiler:
thats funny nickelodeon, i got that reference of wan being the first avatar ;3 geddit? #captobviousnoob

Anyways, just waiting for the new episodes to come out :3
Why are you still waiting I watched it this morning ;D.

Spoiler:
Not much happened, really. Love Genora though.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:59 PM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
OMG GENORA WAS AWESOME :33 poor tenzin tho :/

Leijon

Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Spoiler:
I'm sure Korra or Jinora will find a way to let people into the spirit world.
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Been meaning to join this club, and now that I've finally caught up with Legend of Korro I finally can.

Username
: Artemis
Element: Fire

I watched last night's episode "A New Spiritual Age" this morning actually. I have to say, before the two-parter episode "Beginnings" that explained the origins of the first Avatar Wan, I wasn't really feeling this season like I was with the first. It just wasn't as gripping or addictive as the first. The quest of the spiritual world just didn't seem to have much point until "Beginnings" aired. Now we have some real momentum!

Spoiler:
So about last night's episode:

I loved the cameos we got. It almost felt like fan service, but it moved the storyline along smoothly. It was good to see the original Iroh and Wan Shi Tong again! Keep this up show and I probably will go back and marathon all of the episodes from A:TLA again. I don't mind.

Jinora, nooooo! ;O;

Where last week's episode was mostly setup, tonight's really kept things moving. It's obvious Vaatu will get out, but does anyone else get the feeling he might merge with Unalaq like Raava did with Wan in "Beginnings"? It's clear we're going to have a pretty epic battle between Korra and him.

As much as I like Asami, Mako, and Bolin I didn't miss them here. I just really need their plotlines to tie into the overall spiritual one, because right now they feel unnecessary.

Last edited by Guy; November 12th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAH IROH IS BACK AND JUST AS I REMEMBERED HIM! HE HASNT CHANGED AT ALL OMFG! #fangirling

Well atleast Iroh's spirit had helped mold this storyline <3

AND NO JINORA! MEANIES! ;o;

Leijon

Old November 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Magic

o____o well it's finished again already. Awesome finale, definitely better than Korra1 and almost on par with Aang's finale, I'd say.
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Where did you watch the finale two episodes? Nick.com was being really stupid. :/
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flush'd View Post
Where did you watch the finale two episodes? Nick.com was being really stupid. :/
cough

I actually missed what went down, but I heard that Nick used social media to decide whether the finale was released online or not? I think that's pretty awesome, although I wish they had waited a few days rather than do it on the back of a double episode.
Old November 16th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
So I haven't watched any episodes since 8 and finally decided to catch up last night and today (thank you Blade)!

Spoiler:
The finale was absolutely stunning, as were the episodes before that. This season has been so much better than the first and it's introduced some of the best characters. :) Verick (or is it Varrick..? the wiki says it is) was hilarious and I'm still pretty stunned at his schemes but can't help but love him anyway. Who doesn't love his "Zhu Li, do the thing"?! Has to be the best thing I've ever seen in Avatar period, haha.

There were so many moments in the finale that made me want to bawl. Such a good story, yesss. Jinora played a great part and oh my gosh, Iroh! I can go on forever.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old November 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

@Magic Fox: Yeah I think it was like if it got a certain number of retweets or something, they'd post the vids on Nick.com, which they did. The media player there is just crappy and would buffer endlessly though, so thanks for posting the link haha.

Tbh, not really sure how I felt about the finale. It was almost seemed too easy I guess.
Spoiler:
Interesting though how they're leaving the broken cycle though, I thought that would've somehow resolved in the last minute or so, but it didn't.
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:49 PM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Username: MaxedOutFreaky
Element: Earth
Answer a discussion topic: What is your favorite weapon?: the Fan thing of Kioshi!

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I've missed it every time it's been on. Is it already over? ):
Old November 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome everyone to the crew!

Yeah, the two final episodes were posted early online on Nickelodeon.

Spoiler:
I can't believe it's over! I loved the fights leading up to the finale, especially between Tonraq & Unalaq. I also liked Bumi's rescue scene, the scene in the fog of lost souls and Iroh's involvement, all of Wan's story, Mako and Bolin helping out Korra, ugh just all of it. I liked Jinora's role this time, but I think her saving Korra in the end was quite sudden or unreasonable, hnng. Events were looking rather doomed, anyways.

Asami is just... tragic. They included more relationship drama and Asami loses again. She'll never have a break from her parents absent and her broken business.

What's sad is that with Vaatu destroyed, he now exists within the Avatar the same way Raava existed within Unalaq. I'm left distraught with wondering if they will ever find a way to restore the connection to the past Avatars. :( Things really may change in Book 3 now.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here