The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀
Element: Earth

Who is your favorite character?
Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Oh goodness it's airing. So happy this club exists now! Whee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀
Element: Earth

Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3
You came! :D /off-topic

Anyway, you're completely right! Bolin is one of the most likeable characters in The Legend of Korra so far, he's just adorable with Pabu, haha. :D

I wonder how things will go for him later in the series. He doesn't seem to have much of a plot line himself except for being Mako's awesome little brother. Hmm... =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
That would have been really cool, although I don't think he would have been too much different. Remember the episode Zuko Alone? Even though he was a lot more violent he was still, (as quoted from Azula) "...his royal tea-loving kookiness."
That could be a problem. But I still think he'd be awesome as the same Iroh (but younger) that people loved from the first series. I was thinking he'd be at least depicted similarly as Roku and Sozin was in The Avatar and The Fire Lord episode. I loved that one. Old Fire Nation guys with huge backstories are always so cool to watch. :)

Quote:
^^Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!
I actually can't remember anything about Jet's storyline, haha. :x He's one of those few recurring characters that people list as their series favourite, though. As odd as it seems to me. XD

I despised Long Feng. I admit the whole feudal turmoil dynamic in the Earth Kingdom is cool but!
I think the Dai Li would have been better off without his manipulative ways. >O

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.
Thank you for welcoming us. It's our pleasure to join. :D

And Zuko was really awesome as something of a deuteragonist in the first series. I think they handled his internal conflict pretty well. Especially with the influences of Iroh, Azula and his past all depicted into his own choices as a character.

You couldn't have described Korra any better. I'll just wait for her to get seriously good at Airbending or have a really cool conversation with Aang or activate the Avatar State and I'll like her even more.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Nature: Docile
Oh, wow! Did anyone else just watch the new episode of LOK?

Serious spoilers for the episode in here! Careful!
Spoiler:
I always knew Tarrlok was EVIL. I wonder where he's taking Korra... And I feel so sorry for Asami. Did you see the look she gave Korra when Mako sat with her in the satomobile? I is also sad because Bolin can't eat meat on air temple island. Lol.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

Spoiler:

First of all, Korra's reaction to Ikki's comment was the best. I laughed so hard!
And then Tarlock had to be a frickin B*****D and do that thing with the "equalists"!
Tenzin: But you're still the worst! haha
And then Tarlock bloodbending out of freakin nowhere?!?!? And in the flashback, did he kill the original team avatar? And poor Korra!!!! What is going on?!?!?! And KORRA! AVATAR STATE YIP YIP!!!!!!!!
...I hate that guy...
Is he Amon?

Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Quote:
HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

Spoiler:

First of all, Korra's reaction to Ikki's comment was the best. I laughed so hard!
And then Tarlock had to be a frickin B*****D and do that thing with the "equalists"!
Tenzin: But you're still the worst! haha
And then Tarlock bloodbending out of freakin nowhere?!?!? And in the flashback, did he kill the original team avatar? And poor Korra!!!! What is going on?!?!?! And KORRA! AVATAR STATE YIP YIP!!!!!!!!
...I hate that guy...
Is he Amon?

Spoiler:

Yeah, I never thought Tenzin would do something like that. He's so serious all the time. And I is also wondering what Tarrlok did to make Aangey mad. And how he bloodbends. Maybe he has met Twi and La or something that gives him special waterbending power? Yeah, I'm excited to see Korra in the Avatar state. She'll kick **s.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
THIS LAST EPISODE. YES.
Spoiler:
TARRLOK TOTALLY KILLED THE PREVIOUS TEAM AVATAR. I JUST KNOW IT. D:
Seriously, I KNOW he's in on the Equalist plan. Good Lord, though, he's a pretty epic water bender. I have to admit. xD
I totally agree with GolurkIsDaBomb, I think he's Amon. Maybe. idk, but I just get this really strong feeling that he has SOMETHING to do with Amon.

Am I the only one who thinks Toph looks kinda hot as a grown-up? As gay as I am I'm just like, "Dang girl."

And Cid: Yes I did! How could I not join a club about the greatest television series ever??? DDDD:
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb

Something more to add about the last episode

Spoiler:

Finally, some bending!
Let's be honest. As cool as metal-bending and pro-bending are, they just aren't the kind I fell in love with. To me, pro-bending is basically just punching people with elements and the new metalbending is like a souped up version of spiderman's powers.
Plus, so far Korra has appeared a lot weaker in the bending game than normal benders.
But now, we know how strong of a master she is.
As proven by this episode
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

I haven't seen the new episode yet, waiting for nick.com to upload it.

My favorite character:
In A:TLAB I'm fond of the entire cast. They all bring diversity and interesting aspects to the show. Each has their own personal problems and things they need to learn throughout the show. It was really well-rounded and enjoyable to see.

In LoK Bloin and Tenzin are pretty close. I wouldn't say that they are my clear cut winners because there is still so much to go.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
yaaaaay Avatar fanclub. The thread in C&M was filled with some very unenthusiastic fans and that made me sad. I was gonna make this club if no one else had in a few days. XD;

Username: Lightning
Element: Water (because, you know, it's like the complete opposite of the lightning aspect of the fire element and i can't have my name match my element lmao)

My favourite character? In Avatar it's Katara and in Korra, it's Bolin. I'm not sure which of them I like more.

Last episode:
Spoiler:
Honestly, I thought a lot of this episode was boring and I thought a lot of decisions that people made were dumb so it stressed me out a bit. XD;

As I've ranted before in the C&M thread, I think the way pretty much all Benders are handling the non-Benders in Republic City is just silly. I'm glad that the show is finally shedding light on the fact that the Benders are being just as extremist as a lot of the Equalists. It's a lot more obvious now that the city is ramping up measures against innocent non-Benders. Hopefully from here on out, Korra + others will realize that giving non-Benders more say/rights/whatever is going to be what stabilizes the city again and that's what the rest of the series will be fighting for.

slkdfksl Tarrlock was seriously scaring me though. ;_;

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Jacinth
~Darling~

While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
From ATLA, my favorite is The Cave of Two Lovers. Besides the fact that Chang is so fabulous, this episode is really funny and romantic.

From LoK, that's a hard one, since the series just began. But I'd probably have to say Welcome to Republic City, because it's funny to watch Tenzin get mad and to see Bolin flirt with Korra. I also like the homeless guy in the bush. XD
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb

From ATLA my favorite is probably The Ember Island Players. Even though I love so many episodes, especially more serious ones, this one was just so great because it you could tell the creators were having fun.

My favorite episode from LOK is actually the most recent one, (spoilers perhaps?) because of how funny it was and then how intense it became, I got very angry at my Tv which doesn't really happen unless people on the shows I watch are being incredibly stupid.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I think my favourite episode of ATLA was either the double episode The Boiling Rock where Sokka and Zuko invade that prison or else the recap episode The Ember Island Players. I looove when shows do creative series recaps instead of clip episodes. :D

My favourite episode of LOK so far was A Leaf in the Wind. I liked how well it contrasted Aang and Korra while she was trying her best to learn air bending. xD; I also loved how she met the Fire Ferrets and got involved with them.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
pokemonranger109
Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth

Location: Beside the Yolo guy in Kanto. (He said it before it was cool)
Nature: Quirky
One of my other favorite episodes in Avatar is the invasion on the palace when the fire lord Ozi isnt there..
And in Korra the newest episode I just finished.
Spoiler:

At the end Councilmen Tarlock shows Korra he's a Blood Bender and cn bend non-full moon.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

My favorite episodes from TLAB are "The Blue Spirit" and "Sozin's Comet, Part 2: The Old Masters". The Blue Spirit episode was so amazing because of all the action and excitement. I loved how it showed Zuko in a new light as well. The Old Masters was interesting for the fact of introducing a new form of bending, one that ultimately helped Aang cope with having to face and defeat Ozai because he wouldn't have to kill him.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Fave Chars:

ATLA - Iroh. THE DRAGON OF THE WEST.

LOK - Mako. In addition to being a fire bender, I love his charming and polite personality. XD
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I dont have a favourite episode because I cant remember things that well.. xD.
More importantly...
Latest Episode:
Spoiler:

I agree with you guys TARLOCK Definitely has a lil something something going on with Amon, I dont think that they are the same people, maybe brothers though! That'd be interesting.. Because it makes no sense that hes trying to take in all those people who did nothing wrong as it OBVIOUSLY just stirs the pot and gives the Equalists more people willing to join them because the benders can be scene oppressing them.
Tenzin getting mad was funny though, as well as Ikki saying Korra likes Mako.

And Tarlock is way to boss at bending, srsly? No moon blood bending? He hax!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Finally saw the newest episode. Thoughts:
Spoiler:
Tarlock was annoying the whole episode - like a kid in a candy store willing to do what ever necessary to get what he wants. I thought that the episode was good as a whole. And I'm glad that they are addressing Korra's avatar state issues.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

Spoiler:
My god, I hated Tarlock in this episode. It was just pretty frustrating seeing all those people following his orders, capturing innocent non-benders, without considering whether it was right or wrong. Well, they may have considered it, but hell. Just annoying to see no one would even shift sides when it was so clear that what they were doing was wrong. That, as well as at the council meeting or whatever it was.
At the end when Korra confronted him, I just really felt like he was Amon, and well. The bloodbending powers could add up with the fact that Amon can take away people's bending in some way or another?
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

Spoiler:
My god, I hated Tarlock in this episode. It was just pretty frustrating seeing all those people following his orders, capturing innocent non-benders, without considering whether it was right or wrong. Well, they may have considered it, but hell. Just annoying to see no one would even shift sides when it was so clear that what they were doing was wrong. That, as well as at the council meeting or whatever it was.
At the end when Korra confronted him, I just really felt like he was Amon, and well. The bloodbending powers could add up with the fact that Amon can take away people's bending in some way or another?
I agree with what you said in your spoiler. There was a moment there where I felt the same but came to the conclusion that it can't be. It would ruin the series I feel.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Yeah, I see where you're getting at, but who knows? Plot twists lie around every corner nowadays, so it could even be that the equalists weren't even the real threat. Not likely, but just an example. Either way, I do agree with you. They may just have set it up as a throw-off for the fans :p
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

Joining! :D

Username: Toshiro.
Element: Fire

Favorite Character:
ATLA: Azula. I loved her. She was so nasty and a great antagonist for the series <3
Korra: Bolin. He is really funny xD He reminds me of Sokka.

Favorite Episode:
ATLA: SOZINS COMET. That was an AMAZING finale. Everything about it was awesome. All four parts.
Korra: I'd have to say the pilot. I loved the intro, and how Korra travels to Republic City. Also Katara :)
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

I can see the idea behind it. I actually feel it's a bit typical; the corrupt politician who manipulates things to gain power. I also don't like the fact that they are making Korra look so weak and fragile. Hopefully she starts to learn more about her avatar powers soon!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
-Grayscale-
I'м α gℓαѕѕ cнιℓ∂...

Nature: Hardy
Username: -Grayscale-
Element: Air
LEMME IN SUCKAS

Jk. Huge fan of this show uh mah gawd <3

Favorite Character: King Bumi
Didn't show up often but I always thought he was funny ;o;

Y๏ย ђย๓คภร คrє ๏๒є๔iєภt t๏ ค Ŧคยlt, คrєภ't y๏ย?
}{ deviantArt }{ Old Account }{

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links