Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. :( I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

Isn't it just the first season that's ending. I don't hope it's the entire series, because then it'd be waaay too short.

Anyways, episode talk.

Spoiler:
This has got to be my favourite episode so far. It just felt like this episode was much long than the usual 20-ish minutes and stuff, and it was just so exciting. A lot of questions were also raised in this, where most of them already have been said, so I'm not gonna go into detail.

I'm glad that Amon took Tarrlok's bending away, because that stuff was freaking scary. Still freaking out by all the scary faces that were made while bloodbending D: Hopefully Tarrlok was the only with the special bloodbending ablities left alive.

Also, it seems that special bending powers are hereditary, since Tarrlok inherited the bloodbending-at-all-times power from Yakone. Also, it appears that taking away someone's bending only disables it, so they still have the bending powers, they just can't access them, and it still goes down to their children. Seems like that would be a problem for Amon, 'cause even if he took away everyone's bending, it would just come back with the next generation, and he obviously can't live forever, so benders would just return, and everything would be like it was before. The only way that could be prevented would be if the children that Amon is never gonna get, because he's a villain and needs to be defeated before the series end, would inherit the power to take away people's bending, and would stay on their father's side, and continue to do the stuff, or if Amon somehow developed it from how Aang did it, and fully took away the bending power.

Last edited by Olli; June 10th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
@Olli97
Spoiler:
What if Tarlokk was born before his father lost his bending and he taught his son bloodbending when he was still a bender?
Damn! Your theory is good! I'm pretty sure that taking bending away is just some kind of Chi blocking not actual taking it away? And I'm still amazed by Amon taking bloodbending like Aang in Avatar State... Also, Avatar can take one's bending only in the avatar state. *sigh* New eps will tell.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family

Last edited by Gonzo; June 10th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

@Gonz0
Spoiler:
Well that would make more sense, though according to the wiki, Tarrlok was born 5 years after the event, so it doesn't quite add up. However, I don't even know where they got that information from, so it's still a possibility.
Old June 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Umm.. Theres still 3 episodes left in this season guys.. Don't start worrying yet! Its already got a second season confirmed as well so ya!
Spoiler:

Yes gonzo who the hell is he! Why did he just brush off the blood bending?
Old June 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Spoiler:
About the non-stop bloodbending, I have no clue. About Amon however...

He could just be an energy bender. You don't have to be the avatar to do it, and maybe he learned from the lion turtle/a spirit? He touches the person in the same two places, and it was revealed you don't have to twig out and erupt colors of light (when Aang energy bent Yakone)... as for Tarrlock. Well, I'm just glad he can't bend any more.

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: The forms and styles used by bloodbenders are very similar to how a manipulator controls a marionette, in particular the hand shape and movements.
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Spoiler:
About the non-stop bloodbending, I have no clue. About Amon however...

He could just be an energy bender. You don't have to be the avatar to do it, and maybe he learned from the lion turtle/a spirit? He touches the person in the same two places, and it was revealed you don't have to twig out and erupt colors of light (when Aang energy bent Yakone)... as for Tarrlock. Well, I'm just glad he can't bend any more.

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: The forms and styles used by bloodbenders are very similar to how a manipulator controls a marionette, in particular the hand shape and movements.

Here is a theory I read on the internet, and I agree with it in some points

Spoiler:
What if, Amon is an avatar. Remember in A:TLA Season 2, When Aang was in his Avatar State, that Azula killed Aang. If you die in your avatar state, The avatar will cease to exist. But Katara brought him back to life, what if it split the avatar into half, as in Korra got the Element side, and Amon could have the Spiritual Side. Thus is why Amon can Energy bend, and talk with the spirits, while Korra can use the Elements except her Airbending, and she has trouble with the spiritual side of being the avatar?
Its only a theory. you never know, creators can be pretty sneaky.
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Nature: Modest
That theory is crazy, but I guess anything could be true for this series.

Season finale?! Already?! Here's something funny I just thought about.

Spoiler:

Tenzin's wife said in the first episode how happy she would be to have a
non-bender in the family. She's talking about the baby, but I wonder if
this is forshadowing one of her children losing their bending to Amon. In the
preview for the finale, it shows that the Equalists have defaced Aang's statue,
which could mean they also have raided the island Tenzin's family lives on. It
would be very ironic, wouldn't it, for there to be a non-bender, just as she
wished. Crazy theory but possible I guess. I hope it doesn't come true!
Like Friendship Bracelets? Check Out My Channel On YouTube: silentBrass608
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post
Spoiler:
What if, Amon is an avatar. Remember in A:TLA Season 2, When Aang was in his Avatar State, that Azula killed Aang. If you die in your avatar state, The avatar will cease to exist. But Katara brought him back to life, what if it split the avatar into half, as in Korra got the Element side, and Amon could have the Spiritual Side. Thus is why Amon can Energy bend, and talk with the spirits, while Korra can use the Elements except her Airbending, and she has trouble with the spiritual side of being the avatar?
Ohwow, that's a pretty crazy theory but it does make sense in some ways.
Spoiler:
I think that might be unlikely though, idk how to explain it but if Amon had access to the spirits then I don't think he would be as... bad. Or maybe... not all the spirits are good and Amon is being influenced by the evil spirits?

Also, what do you guys think the next season will be called, if Korra has mastered all of the elements by the end of season 1?
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old June 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Also, what do you guys think the next season will be called, if Korra has mastered all of the elements by the end of season 1?
I don't think she will this season. I think this season is just about her mastering the spiritual side of being the Avatar with the next season being Airbending. In that case, I have no idea why they would title this book "Air" when she has barely been working on Airbending.

Season Finale?! Already?! I thought of an interesting turn of events that could take place:
Spoiler:
In the first episode, Tenzin's wife said how she would love to have a nonbender
in the family. She was talking about the baby, but what if Amon came and took
one of the kid's airbending away? After all, in the preview, it showed Aang's
statue defaced, which probably means the Equalists took over where Tenzin's
family lives. That would be very ironic if her wish came true by the hands of
Amon. I hope it doesn't happen!

Edit: I see my post from last night actually made it on here. Oops. Well, I guess you have a duplicate of my theory now.
Old June 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by コナンくん View Post

Here is a theory I read on the internet, and I agree with it in some points

Spoiler:
Its only a theory. you never know, creators can be pretty sneaky.
This seems pretty crazy lol, but it kind of makes sense. However, this makes Amon 70 years old, which I just don't think he is. It's true that he could be, but I think the real reason is a little less of a conspiracy lol. I found a crazy theory about zuko being amon...
Spoiler:
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
No not zuko ;_;

he just finally became good. D:
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
aaaa so many awesome clubs I'm missing ;__;

Username: Cirno
Element: Earth

Been so into Korra lately. Considering rewatching the original Avatar again since I'm reliving my addiction. \o/

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
ソラ
Sora Keyblade Chosen One
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to ソラ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
This seems pretty crazy lol, but it kind of makes sense. However, this makes Amon 70 years old, which I just don't think he is. It's true that he could be, but I think the real reason is a little less of a conspiracy lol. I found a crazy theory about zuko being amon...
Spoiler:
Nah, but if he is 70 its possible, look at Bumi in Avatar the Last Airbender, he was around 112 years old when he reunited with Aang. So it is possible, but you never know. Let see how the creators draw this out in the future episodes :3. Im so glad Korra isn't one of those flopped failed Spin offs, Im glad it is succeeding, The creators got major talent to pull this series as a whole, I do hope they make new series, not in the avatar series, but in a different type of genre :3
Old June 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I don't think Amon would be Zuko, I think thats going a bit crazy. I think Amon is a new character.. possibly Im not counting out anything though, I dont have enough information too!

I agree, they have done a fantastic job with Korra and its definitely standing on its own feet really well and isnt some second rate spin off that ruins everyones view on the series. A lot of talent in the team working on Korra indeed!
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Here's something I've noticed. Zuko's eyes really symbolized his family-- him, Azula, and Ozai had the same ones. Mako also has these same eyes. I wonder if by crazy chance he's a descendant. He wouldn't be Zuko's grandson because he is reported to have had only a daughter. But maybe one of Mako's parents is the child of Azula's, or even crazier: Ozai. Then that child married an Earthbender to have a variety of different benders in the family much like Aang's did.

It's a wild guess, but I'm really curious what kind of parents Mako and Bolin had. I'm hoping they bring it out of the shadows like they did for Katara's mother.

Old June 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Livewire
ヒトモシ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Harmony View Post
Here's something I've noticed. Zuko's eyes really symbolized his family-- him, Azula, and Ozai had the same ones. Mako also has these same eyes. I wonder if by crazy chance he's a descendant. He wouldn't be Zuko's grandson because he is reported to have had only a daughter. But maybe one of Mako's parents is the child of Azula's, or even crazier: Ozai. Then that child married an Earthbender to have a variety of different benders in the family much like Aang's did.

It's a wild guess, but I'm really curious what kind of parents Mako and Bolin had. I'm hoping they bring it out of the shadows like they did for Katara's mother.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised by that. Would add an interesting back story as to how/why Mako's parents were killed too.
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Hmm firebenders usually have gold eyes... (or maybe it's a royal-only thing?).

I got the feeling this is gonna be a fierce episode...

Spoiler:
Oh my lord, Equalists ambush Council members and then Tenzin! Republic City is under attack! Relationship problems between MakoxAsami... Pema may go into labor... Tenzin asked Lin to take care of the kids, rofl. I love the scene between Lin and Meelo. :)

Korra doesn't know how to drive, haha. She did a terrible parking job with the car after the other Krew members got arrested.

Mechas are very scary! Teznin is EPIC OMG this is so sad eoshdihf this episode is giving me chills

OMG THE BABY IS COMING WHILE EQUALISTS AMBUSH AIR TEMPLE ISLAND

BRB CRYING LIN

ZUKO'S VOICE??
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old June 17th, 2012, 01:48 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Maybe its just the fire bending power that gives them the golden eyes?

Spoiler:

OOOH this episode was pretty good! Asami and Mako getting all up and fighty because of Korra, so cute, KORRA IS TOTALLY WINNING!

Korra is definitely the best driver in the world..

Tenzin is definitely a boss with the air bending. Hes all like PEW PEW WIND THAT DOES DAMAGE, WHAT IS UPPPP!

The end was great as well, all the fighting was good then they saved the air temple. After that they were running and winning! The Lin goes all heroin and then gets taken and loses her bending. MY GOD!

Also the big army of the general or whatever it was, AWESOME!
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Spoiler:
ZOMG THIS EPISODE. All the councilmembers except Tenzin caught.

TOTAL WAR MANG

GENERAL Iroh? OBV ZUKO'S GRANDSON OR SOMETHING. As for Mako...yeah. :>

Anyways the next episode is going to be BEAST!
Elmairy Leaf
Class: Leaf Knight
LV. Moderator

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old June 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
~Harmony
Female Brass Musician

Spoiler:

General Iroh?! I wonder if Zuko had a son later in his life. It would make
more sense that he would name him Iroh than maybe his child.

Baby's finally born. Welcome to the crazy Avatar World, Rohan!

Lin probably captured most heroic move of the season. That was an awesome
sacrifice she made for Korra and Tenzin's family.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Username: Zet
Element: Avatar

Fav character:
LoA: Sokka
LoK: Amon and Bolin.

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat?:
Air bending. You could form a bubble around someone's head and cut them off from getting any oxygen, and of course you could probably do sound bending to be a super ninja. After that, it would definitely be blood bending.

A lot of fire benders from the fire nation have gold eyes, so it's not a royalty thing.
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
fiOWNya
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Username: fiOWNya
Element: Fire

Haven't watched the more recent episodes, but am currently rewatching the old seasons... such a great show! It's one of the things that, other than Pokémon, has really gotten me into animes again.
Fiona's Deviantart
"So, tell me about yourself. Are you a boy or a girl?"
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Ariel Winter
Beginning Trainer

Username: Ariel Winter
Element: Wind

Spoiler:
Just caught up on Legend of Korra. My guess is the season finale ends with Korra meeting a air bender nobody knows exists and a Zuko cameo. Just a wild guess since I guess taking on Amon will be next season. I loved how the kids fought. Meelo gave a new meaning to the term "Passing Wind"
When I was seventeen,my mother said to me. Don't stop believing,the day that you do is the day that you die.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:29 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Username: ~Ryukaa
Element: Water.

So, the Season finale is this weekend, right? Pretty pumped. It's going to be awesome.
I wonder if they're going to have a second "book" for Season 2, or just keep it 'Air'. o3o
CSSdeviantArt • pair
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

@~Harmony
Spoiler:
Zuko had a daughter, who then had a son. General Iroh is Zuko's grandson. It would mean a lot more for him to have a son named Iroh, but ah... The cast needs a new 20-30 year old male, hooray! :D

Rohan has green eyes like Pema - so, a non-bender? He could still be an airbender, but with green eyes, woah. :)

@Zet: Thanks for joining!... Unforunately, you can't join as the Avatar. :P I stuck you in teh water group for now! Don't you wanna make popsicles with me?

@fiOWNya: Welcome aboard! ATLA and LOK are beautifully animated American television series. They're so amazing, they do remind me of anime!

@Ariel Winter: Thanks for joining! I'm really excited for the ending... I cannot wait until like, 2013, for the next book. :(!

@~Ryukaa: Awesome, thanks for joining the club. Yup, episodes 11 and 12 will air this 23rd. Then we have to wait for the next Book, which I have no idea about, haha.

Here's a pretty awesome interview about the season finale! link

!!!
Spoiler:
---
The penultimate episode had the surprise appearance of General Iroh. What can you tell us about him? Are we going to see more of him in the future?

Konietzko: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there.

---
How many seasons do you see yourselves doing “Korra” and when will there be a decision on a third season?

Konietzko: Those aren’t really the decisions that we make. I see that with the fans too. I think they think Mike and I pick the show up and greenlight it. That’s not the way it works.

DiMartino: We have story ideas for past book two. So we will see if and when those stories come to light.

(Well, now I know why people on tumblr called Iroh II a swashbuckler, haha. Random, much?).
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links