The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2012 (12:25 PM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<
I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.

Quote:
About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something?
It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.

I guess, potentially, 'Metal' and 'Blood' are possibly book titles for Season 2.

Sign me up please! I think Earth/Metal suits me quite well :3
Old June 26th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post

I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.

Well, anime has basically become the term for any cartoon of that artstyle, so I don't really think whether the voiceover was originally Japanese means anything, even though anime originated from Japan. Though I can see what you're getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.
Ah, ok. I was kinda suprised that they didn't title the seasons in Korra, however it appears they did then. I'd have to agree with you that the book would have to be titled with some kind of bending, though if that's the case, "Book 2: Energy" may very well be a fitting title for the next season, as there is something called energybending, and since it was mentioned a few times near the end of the first season. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old June 26th, 2012 (03:51 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?
Old June 26th, 2012 (09:22 PM).
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

Nature: Quirky
Join please. Loved the original series, love Korra omg omg love love love Korra herself klsdjfsldfjsf sweetheart you are so full of spunk omg

Username: Sakura Rain
Element: Earthbending

Watched the season one finale. My feelings

Spoiler:

LEGIT.

and slkfjslkfjs
Spoiler:
I didn't think Korra would actually have her bending taken away omg that was horrible
and slkfjsdfls
Spoiler:
KORRAXMAKO SLKDFJSDLFKJSDFKSDJFSDLKFJ:SDLKfj

and hearing Zuko's voice coming from anything is a plus in my book, tbh.

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old June 27th, 2012 (01:08 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

The plot twist is that there IS no plot twist.

Spoiler:
Or maybe that Tarrlok went and killed both of them rather than just Noatak with the glove of nonbenders. I think they could've let him back in.
Old June 27th, 2012 (01:16 PM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart's Soul View Post
Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?
Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
Spoiler:
apparently if Korra has finally connected with her spiritual side it wasn't intentional (seeing as she was surprised) so maybe she'd be learning how to control the connection or maybe go more in to her spiritual side. idk spirit would sound better C:

That would be cool because Aang was already pretty spiritual so it would be like, a different side of avatars.

What was disappointing for me though was that we literally learned everything about Amon and his life in one episode and in that same one (or the next?) they defeated him, so it seemed very crammed together, maybe they could have spread that information around a little more? Idk it's hard with a shorter season.

Old June 27th, 2012 (01:27 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
Spoiler:
apparently if Korra has finally connected with her spiritual side it wasn't intentional (seeing as she was surprised) so maybe she'd be learning how to control the connection or maybe go more in to her spiritual side. idk spirit would sound better C:

That would be cool because Aang was already pretty spiritual so it would be like, a different side of avatars.

What was disappointing for me though was that we literally learned everything about Amon and his life in one episode and in that same one (or the next?) they defeated him, so it seemed very crammed together, maybe they could have spread that information around a little more? Idk it's hard with a shorter season.
Spoiler:
It should've been 20 episodes like the first series, but we have to remember- Korra takes longer to make.
Old June 27th, 2012 (08:38 PM). Edited June 27th, 2012 by Nomine.
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
I can't believe I just found this thread today. Haha. This show is LEGIT. I've been waiting for a looong time since The Last Airbender ended, and LoK was the exact sequel I was looking for!

MY FEELS AT THE END OF THE SEASON FINALE. (LOTS OF SPOILERS. IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SEASON FINALE, DON'T READ!)
Spoiler:
AMON IS TARRLOK'S BROTHER. WHAT A TWIST. I knew he was a Waterbender from the start! Then... General Iroh must have learned a lot from Zuko... He can propel himself in the air with his FIREBENDING. How cool is that? And later... I couldn't keep my mouth shut when Amon was about to take Korra's bending away. Then she started to Airbend! TAKE THAT AMON! And finally at the end, I seriously thought that it was Tenzin but it was really Aang! Energybending is the COOLEST THING EVER. AVATAR STATE, YIP YIP! And after twelve long episodes, MAKORRA! Good thing she was able to bring back Lin's bending! Energybending can take away or give back one's bending!!! I can now call Korra a fully-realized Avatar.

Username: Antitryptic™
Element: Firebending

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old June 28th, 2012 (07:35 AM).
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Oh snap, must join. :)

Username: Destiny Demon
Element: Water

Spoiler:
And oh snap the season finale was surprising. Noatak as Tarrlok's brother?
And I feel bad for Asami. Stupid father almost killed her.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (06:51 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Anybody heard anything about the new season, or when it's supposed to hit the US? I imagine it would be kinda soon, maybe the end of summer.
Old July 3rd, 2012 (07:13 AM).
Dudeman609

Nature: Brave
Name Dudeman609

Element:Water
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)
Old July 3rd, 2012 (01:20 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Anybody heard anything about the new season, or when it's supposed to hit the US? I imagine it would be kinda soon, maybe the end of summer.
Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer :( But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.
Old July 3rd, 2012 (01:50 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.
Hint hint- this is the official episode title and airdate list on Nick's site. Never protected, we can use it. http://www.nickandmore.com/episode-l...d-of-korra.txt
Old July 5th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
14 Episodes is good. :D A little longer of a season is better in my book. Although it doesn't state when it will start. I'm hoping a Fall 2012 start, it makes sense because that's usually when networks start new series/seasons of programming.
Old July 5th, 2012 (12:53 PM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Well, I looked at it before season 1 was completely written, so that's the text they'll update. I assume it starts next year. I can wait, I just don't want to.
Old July 5th, 2012 (03:07 PM).
Omicron
Prince of Heart

Nature: Modest
I love avatar! I would like to join the club

Username: Omicron
Element: Air

Spoiler:
I was glad to see Aang returned,as the flasbacks and later to return Korra's bending. He was cool as a kid, but as an adult he was awesome!

mod of Trade CornerShowdown!
Happy Holidays!
Old July 8th, 2012 (12:35 AM).
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..
Old July 8th, 2012 (01:28 AM).
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Well, In the Philippines, Nickelodeon is repeating ATLA from Season 1 up to Sozin's Comet for the Season 1 premiere of LoK... =/ Why is it the network shows the shows when Season 2 will be starting? Ugh... At least I can be up to date... =3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old July 9th, 2012 (07:03 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Username: Mac
Element: Fire

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series? Fireferrret. I want one so bad I really love Pabu and he's so damn cute. Naga is also pretty amazing.
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for survival? Combat: Fire, unless you count water for bloodbending. For survival? Not too sure on the survival part :x They need to work together, really... that's when they are at their best.
What do you think was the saddest moment in either series? Yue's death D:
How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his? Korra wasn't needed as the Avatar until she was older, while Aang was discovered and desperately needed, so he had to learn quickly. Korra actually had the time to learn at what seems to me as a regular pace. Aang, on the other hand, really had to get the ball rolling to learn before Sozin's comet came.

Hi everyone! I just finished LoK tonight and I've seen all of ATLA as well :D I love Korra! ZOMG!
Old July 10th, 2012 (12:40 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Joiningggg, hiii. I just finished both series the other day.

Username: Keiran
Element: Air

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?
Probably fireferret or armadillo wolf. A lot of the crossbreeds are ugly. :[ Pabu is ridiculously adorable!

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat? How about for survival?

I think they're all equally lethal (I don't know why airbenders haven't literally taken someones breath away yet, denying them oxygen etc), but dangerous? Maybe water, not only because of bloodbending but also because of ice (Azula vs. Katara comes to mind).

I think air is best for survival. When everyone was stranded in the desert, Aang just flew away. He also bent clouds to make water. It's also the most evasive in combat.

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
Mako being straight. When Amon took bending from people, the looks on their faces were so devastating. Or maybe when Zuko's mother did whatever she did to save him from being murdered.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 11th, 2012 (10:58 PM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Ohai!
Long tome no post in here. Just wanted to announce the party time! Why?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/le...second-season/
enjoy as I do :D

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old July 12th, 2012 (04:29 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
Ohai!
Long tome no post in here. Just wanted to announce the party time! Why?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/le...second-season/
enjoy as I do :D
I heard about this and I pretty much fangirled like crazy xD I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Book 2 but it'll be well worth it if it's even half as good as Book 1. I'm curious to see what they will call Books 2-4 since Korra already knows all of the elements...
Old July 16th, 2012 (07:59 PM). Edited July 16th, 2012 by Lilith.
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome all new club members!

Holy fish sticks! Korra is slated to air 52 total episodes! YAY

Here's an awesome preview/animation of book 2, hooray!

What are your initial impressions of Book 2's direction?

Also from Comic-Con, here's two posters, featuring Team Aang and Team Korra.

Alsooo from Comic-Con are concept art images of characters in Book 2.
part 1, part 2, and part 3 and some more... An alternate link of the book 2 animation is on tumblr too.

Summary of what's revealed at Comic-Con:
Spoiler:
This year's convention also had a booth advertising Nickelodeon's hit series The Legend of Korra, which recently saw the end of it's initial twelve episode run with a absolutely fantastic season finale. The panel revealed plenty of juicy details and concept art to wet fan's appetites for the upcoming Book 2: Spirits. Among the details that were revealed was that Book 2 will take place six months after the defeat of Amon and explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and co-creator Bryan Konietzko hinted that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World.

Concept art of Team Avatar's new costumes including Korra wearing Mandarin inspired assymetrical fashion and Mako and Bolin wearing big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination.

We also learned that Asami will take over as the new head of Future Industries in the wake of her father's reveal of being an Equalist, and that Tenzin's brother Bumi, seen only briefly at the end of the finale, will play a larger role in Book 2, as will their elder sister Kya. We will also be introduced to Korra's extended family this season.

This Comic-Con announcement follows recent news that the show's original twelve episode miniseries has now been pushed to a full 52 episodes in two seasons, each of which will be split into two "Books." Great news indeed for Avatar fans this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman609 View Post
Name Dudeman609
Element:Water
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)
Hey, maybe you can elaborate, answer some topics, or mingle when you have the time. :D
Spoiler tags are created using these codes: [*spoiler] text inside here [/spoiler] but remove the *

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..
Hey there! She's developing way too quickly, probably because they didn't have enough episodes to work with like Aang's story. I'm so happy the episodes were extended.

Spoiler:
I also can't believe Korra has like, mastered the Avatar state to the point where she can activate it at will @ airbending race. :(

Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.

Old July 16th, 2012 (09:42 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post

Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.
Well, first off, it took me almost a week to finish both and I skipped A LOT of filler in ATLA. >.>

Thankful, because I didn't want to watch someone spending 2 seasons learning things, and only make breakthroughs through dues ex machina. >.> Hopefully we get to see some fully realized Avatar action, along with a good plot!

Spoiler:
I wonder if they regret killing off Noatak and his brother at the very end, haha.

Did anyone notice that Aunt Wu was wrong about Kataras death? She said she would die in her sleep after her 3rd grandchild was born, but Rohun is her 4th! D:

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 16th, 2012 (09:52 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
@Keiran That's what I thought at first too, but I watched it recently and she said her third GREAT-grandchild. (I've been watching them all again)

As for Korra's abilities... I think her complete control over the avatar state is a little ridiculous. I'm glad the spirits are finally showing up, but I'm not sure how much I like their reappearance. What I mean by that is, in the vid in twilightblade's post, the spirit looks less like the ones from A:TLA and more like a monster, making it seem more like a scooby-doo kind of situation or a ghostbusters situation instead of the spirit world I know and love for the first series. However, I won't judge it until I see it. The second season will DEFINITELY be interesting. I'm especially interested in Asami taking over her father's business/Korra and the spirit world. Actually, I'm only not really interested in Mako's storyline haha.

Sponsored Links