The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Blade -- I watched the entire show of both and omg it was awesome. I enjoyed every episode of each to be honest xD I just wish there was more already... so I might start re-watching ATLA again or Korra, I don't know. It just feels so empty without it. And again on the speed...

Spoiler:
I don't mind the speed really, I think they are prepared to explore different things like the Spirit World instead of Korra learning all of the elements. They don't want a repeat of ATLA, anyway.
Old July 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Falling Wishes
"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."

Nature: Modest
I couldn't stop watching Season one of Korra. That flipped my mind O_O it was so thrilling like those roller coasters that go up and down >~<' I loved how Korra's power was taken away, that added so much drama in the show & how she saw Aang and how he gave her bending back, I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht!"

I also loved two more things. How Naga was beating the pudding out of the Anti-Benders or however you call them & how Asami was kicking her father's Secret Word. C:

I would have pulled his pants down and smacked him with my Boldore "Me: Boldore use Smack Down"! But one thing shocked me, & that is when the two Blood Benders (Forgot their name :C) got the glove and exploded the boat with them! I never thought there would be suicide in any of the Last Airbender shows! That's all C:
Old July 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I really felt like everything happened too quickly with Korra, though then again, if it was all about her quest to master the 4 elements like it was with Aang, I think it would feel more like a remake than a sequel, and Korra's story is supposed to be different after all. Also, she was already able to bend 3 of the elements before the show even began, so she only actually mastered air bending in the first season, and she had had much more training than Aang had, plus someone to teach her throughout it all, without having to constantly be on the move.

Spoiler:
Now the mastering of the Avatar state was something completely different. I understand Aang apparently gave her the powers to do it, though I feel like that was a really bad turning point. I had hoped that the second season would be about her regaining her bending powers and possibly her mastering the Avatar state, though the end ruined all hopes of that.

I really look forward to the second season though. Despite not having a clue on what's even happening in the preview, I hope to see a good plot for the second season, plus a good villain. Amon was pretty good, but I'm pretty sure they can do better :p
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
Omg I love this series.<3

Username: Katie the Friendly Ghost
Element: Air

Oh and technically Aang was like 112, so it took him longer to master the elements haha.
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Welcome KTFG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:

But I think the problem is less about age and more about speed. Aang could have begun to use it at 5 and i wouldn't of cared, but Korra had been avatar-stateless for her entire life. And then boom. Fully realized avatar. Also, it makes sense that Aang should've used it young because as said by Roku "The avatar state is a defense mechanism designed to protect the avatar etc" (paraphrase) so that's what makes it really strange with Korra...
And I think it took longer because Korra went about learning the elements properly, years at a time instead of cramming it all into one year.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
Anakin Linux
The village idiot
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Username: Romeo010
Elementince i cant have all four ill stick with earth
For some reason i feel this club was made for me.... I cant tell why though.
Perhaps Korra can not go into the avatar state because shes lacking....some blue arrows?

Deviantart|Pair|Theme
Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
SD.
B E N N I N G T O N

Nature: Relaxed
Username: SD
Element: Fire(since they can light bend too xD)

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?
appa ftw
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat?
Earth
How about for survival?
Water
What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
in the last episode of last airbender; when azula lost againts katara in the agni kai and she cries , filled with rage, anger, pain and sadness
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful

so who is excited for this? OMGGGGGgGGG

(no one)

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm pretty sure that was a while ago? lol that was the last episode of Book 2, I think.

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?
Well, like someone else said Aang had to stop a war before a certain time or the world would die, so I think that would motivate him to learn quickly. He also had a personal grudge because his entire nation had been wiped out because of this.

Also Korra had "official" training and was trying to learn them all right, and while she was doing this she had no knowledge of the danger Republic City was in so there was no sense of urgency, really.

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily

Last edited by Altairis; July 31st, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: discussion q added
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Isn't the Avatar state really closely linked to your spiritual side, too? Korra's always struggled with that whereas Aang was always very close to that side. They're very different people at the core (well, okay maybe they are literally the same person at the core but you know what I mean!) and I think that has a great bearing on it. Korra mastered three whole elements with relative ease whereas Aang had to work his entire show for that and really only figured out firebending in the nick of time. Korra's only a few years older than he was, didn't have to train in a hurry, and is doing really well for herself. I don't think it's weird at all. If anything I thought she was going through everything a lot faster. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Spoiler:
Now the mastering of the Avatar state was something completely different. I understand Aang apparently gave her the powers to do it, though I feel like that was a really bad turning point. I had hoped that the second season would be about her regaining her bending powers and possibly her mastering the Avatar state, though the end ruined all hopes of that.
Spoiler:
I do completely agree with this, though. That was really disappointing since I was expecting the show to go that route too and it looks like they missed out on a great opportunity. :/

But I also heard that they expected to only get one season for Korra so if that had been where it all ended, it would have been a more satisfying ending, I suppose. I don't have a source for this rumour or anything, though.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 1st, 2012, 01:52 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I'm pretty sure that was a while ago? lol that was the last episode of Book 2, I think.
no, it's the new m. night shyamalan movie. O_o

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
My gosh, I cannot wait until Book 2 airs. I hope it air sometime in January, just because of reasons unknown xD But what I'm actually looking forward in this Book is more flashbacks, air scooters, more avatar state shenanigans (yip yip), and spirits. Yes, lots and lots of spirits, oh and don't forget the world traveling :]
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:49 AM
lasttfarewell
hiatus till december :<

Username: lasttfarewell
Element: fire

well i love zuko ♥ anyone with me? ^^
i'm currently watching avatar the last airbender on nickelodeon and i'm waiting for legend of korra to air c:

when uncle iroh cried because zuko went over to the dark side again )':
because iroh really really treated him like his son and genuinely loved him (':
well at least zuko became good in the end ^^ iroh must be overjoyed :D

here have some sabre-tooth moose lion and turtle ducks :3 foofoocuddlypoops! <3

Old September 8th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Seivad
The Equalist

Nature: Quiet
Username: Seivad
Element: None i am a Non-Bending Equalist, but if i must choose than it shall be Fire.

Buffalo-Deer
combat?

It has to be Fire, it is why they were winning the 100 Year War. Firebenders have the ability to create flames from your palms just with just oxygen, your own heat (or the suns) and your energy. Wilst Waterbenders and Earthbenders need thier respective elements in order to fight (although higher skilled Wtaerbender may be able to draw water from the moisture in thier surroundings), and thier are few, if not none, Airbending techniques that would be able to kill an enemy and even than could the Airbender actually do it?
How about for survival?
That is a tough one, each element could adapt to thier surroundings for thier conveniance, Airbenders could soar through the skies looking for food and water given them a good chance of survival. Waterbenders could be able to filter out any dirty water they find to make it pure and refreshing, and again higly skilled Waterbenders could be able to turn water vapour in the air and water from the plants for themselves to drink. Earthbender would struggle to find food and water but they would be able build good shelters depending where they are located and could probably become good hunters. Firebenders would also have a hardtime as they could use fire to warm themsleves, although like Earthbenders they could use thier skills to hunt and cook thier meat. Overall i would have to say Waterbenders would be able to survive the longest.
During ATLA the saddest moment for me was 'The Tales of Ba Sin Sei' during the 'Tale of Iroh' segment where he gathered things for the birthday of his dead son, and also because it was dedicated to Mako. I am still getting chills writing about this.
For ATLK the saddest moment was where Tarrlok killed himself and Noatak (Amon) on the boat. Tarrlok couldn't stand his brother for what he had done to him and that Noatak wanted to them to become brothers again like nothing ever happened. I honestly still can't believe that Nickelodeon allowed this but i am glad that it was not censored.

Good evening, my fellow Trainers. This is your leader, Amon. As you've heard, the Elite Four has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the Gym Leaders of this region will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear.

The time has come for Gym Leaders to experience fear.
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Username: Rpg Man
Element: Air Nomad
Appa
combat?

....Air Bending because, Even if your hands and feet are tied up, you can use your mouth!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
timelessgold
Forever golden~

Nature: Jolly
How could I NOT join this club!? Yay.

Username: timelessgold
Element: Fire

This is going to sound extremely cliche, but whatever. This is the saddest moment in my opinion solely in LoK, so I'm not including A:TLA here. The moment when Beifong pleaded with Katara to restore Korra's bending. Not only had the avatar lost 3/4 elements, Beifong lost the only thing she had: Earth/Metalbending. She knew that if Korra's bending was restored, hers would be restored as well. The heartbreak and sadness in her eyes is just tragic.
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Welcome New Members!

I think I might help yall out with a new topic:

Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why?
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
The Crest Island in the Fire Nation.

Why?: Because I want to see Roku and Talk with him. D:

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Username: Altomare
element: Fire

place to go...? let's see.....the library hidden in the desert. because I like to read. Let's just hope the Owl guardian there likes the Transformers comic I'm gonna give him....
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
GUYS WE CANT LET THIS DIE.
Ohh the Library seems like a cool place! Other than that I'd probably want to visit Ba Sing Se when it's normal, or one of the Air Temples when it was full of people.

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely

I'd want to visit one of the air temples before the war. It just seems so awesome! SO peaceful, and breezy with flying bisons...
I'd also want to visit the Northern Water tribe, I think it could be really interesting and cool, ;) and I'd especially want to visit the little grotto.
Other than those two, I guess I'd like to visit Omashu, and take and awesome ride in one of the mail carts. Weeeeeeeeeee!
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, all new members! Grab a chair and join in on some discussion while ye wait for new Korra episodes.

I'd like to visit the Spirit Oasis garden in the Northern Water Tribe. It's just a beautiful and peaceful area to be in (though I would have to brave through the cold first). God I miss this show. ;A;

Old October 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

It's been a while since I last watched through it all, so I'm having a hard time recalling most of the places, but in any case, it mostly boils down Republic City. There are lots of cool and awesome looking places to be, but a lot of them have been in winter areas, or have just been in the middle of nowhere which I'd have no idea where was, and though Republic City appears to be a mess at the current time, a lot of stuff seems to happen there, and it's like where all the fun stuff is taking place. I doubt it'd be hard to find people that'd help you get better at bending whatever element you have, granted you have one, and it's basically the first place that really comes to mind.
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

May I join? :3

Username: synerjee
Element: water

I would like to visit..hmm..I'm not really sure. Maybe one of the places where the water tribes live. I'm sure there'll be quite a beautiful scenery there. Or maybe an air temple; I could ride on one of those air bisons. :) I haven't watched avatar for quite a while, so my knowledge of places is quite rusty. :/

I really love this show!! I first seriously started watching it online and I couldn't stop. I think I finished all 3 books in less than 5 days. It really is one of the best shows I have ever seen!

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family

Last edited by Autumn Reverie; October 25th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links