Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2012 (03:14 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old July 21st, 2012 (11:15 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Jacinth:
The easiest... Probably Koloktos. I don't know why, but this battle was very simple to me. The only difficult part of it is remembering what button to press to pull out my whip. :)

Wow, Kotowari, That art is absolutely stunning! I can draw, but I wish I could color and shade as well as you! Great job!
Haha, that sounds familiar. |D I know I missed a few opportunities to pull off an arm because I kept pressing the wrong button.
I loved the temple though. It wasn't dark and gloomy like some of the others.

Thank you very much. ^^

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
That's some really nice art you have there Kotowari, you've really got a talent there :o I'm really in love with the Battle of Fates one. It's got so much detail and great colouring, and though I don't know who Kanda is, it looks to be a pretty intense battle. I'd love to see some more fanart from you :>
Thank you very much, Olli97. As you might have read in the artist's comments, I'm very proud of this one. I think it's a step up from my usual work. Kanda is my favourite Anime/manga character, but since this isn't a D.Gray-man fanclub, I'm afraid I can't go into detail as to why. ;3 I'm sure that is also not something you're dying to know. Oh, if you'd like that, that can be taken care of. I have another piece which is almost finished (I'm finishing up a bunch which was left untouched during my exams). I could show you that one, if you want.

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
And great Sydian! I hope you'll get it, and I hope you won't be disappointed. I personally really liked the game, and was glued to it for such a long time. Though Spino's right that there was quite a lot of backtracking, especially when you had to go through a dungeon for a second time, just obtain a bottle of special water, which was super annoying because I just wanted to progress. I also felt like there was less adventuring in it compared to other Zelda games, since you're restricted to 4 different types of areas only, and your only connection between them are the sky. I enjoyed flying around up there, but having to go back and forth between the 3 mainland areas just became really annoying later on.

Though despite that, it was a really fun game overall, especially the boss battles. So yeah, something to look forward to.
Compared to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, The surface seemed lot less expanded (vast) than the Hyrule (specially TP's) and Termina. But because there was so much detail to the environment, I didn't mind walking around. Some places in Hyrule and Termina of the earlier games just looked bland and uninteresting... but that meant that you could ride your horse (specially in TP) for long distances. SS doesn't need that anymore, since everything's pretty close together... but there are quite a lot of details in this "cramped" (exaggerated) space, which makes the short-distance exploring much more fun. But "venturing" into unknown areas is pretty much non-existant once you visited all the secondary areas.

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!
Thank you very much, Sydian. : > Tutorial ungame? It's pretty fun. 8D;;;

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old July 28th, 2012 (07:57 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Ooooh, I saw those Ocarina of Time mangas at Books A Million today! Along with Four Swords and Majora's Mask. Of course I was only interested in OoT really haha. I'm considering going back and buying them when I get paid this week and getting that awesome Tails plushie even though I'm awful at Sonic. But are they really worth it? I mean, I have ummmm like 5/6 year old manga in my room that I haven't touched in years, plus I don't read books or manga like I used to so idk if I should get them. I'm really interested though since Link actually talks in them and Ocarina of Time is like...the apple of my eye. My Zelda eye. mmm. lol

So yeah thoughts?

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old July 29th, 2012 (01:49 AM). Edited July 29th, 2012 by Kotowari.
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

I'd say go for it. I'm one of those fans who likes the manga quite a lot. : > Even if Viz classified them as "Child" Manga, I still find them an enjoyable read. I don't have any complaint about the manga, except that sometimes it goes a little fast. But that's to be expected if you throw a 60h game into a 2 volume (for OoT, 1 vol for the rest) manga. I quite enjoy the artstyle of Akira Himekawa.
They follow the games pretty closely, but give their own little twist to the major events in the game (e.g. Volvagia's curse and the fact that Dark Link is faught in Kakariko, not in the Water Temple) and give explanations for some of the details that weren't mentioned in the game (like Adult Link's earrings).
I own the OoT volumes, as well as MC and OoA (Raven <3) and they're all pretty good. I kind of want to get my hands on MM, FS and ALttP, which I remember being very good.

To be honest, my liking for Ocarina Link is mainly based on his characterisation in the manga. He doesn't have as much personality in the game as some of the other Links, but the manga makes up quite a bit for that.
I was hoping they'd do a TP manga (as were the mangaka), but for some reason they couldn't make one. : < They did, however, make a short SS-prequel manga which got published in Hyrule Historia. That was pretty nice. :'D and now my drama lovestory between the First Hero and the Goddess Hylia is complete

Spoiler:

Raven is like my favourite non-game LOZ character. |3

On a manga-related note, someone's making a fanime of the "Triforce of the Gods" manga (aka ALttP), I thought I'd share the trialer here:

Old July 29th, 2012 (02:13 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Well, being the big OoT nut I am, I think I'll go for it once I get paid. :) It was busy today so that means more money anyway. n_n Yay. But yeah the thing that interested me the most was that Link actually talked. I was like "OMG YAY YOU'RE NOT MUTE! <3" OMG I'd love to know where the earrings came from too. DON'T TELL ME. lol I've always thought they looked awesome, even though I don't particularly like it when guys irl have earrings. That makes no sense. Maybe it's just because of how Link is dressed and it kinda goes.

And awwww I should get you the MM and FS manga cause it's at the Books A Million I went to! what if ben is in the mm manga ;) jk

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old August 2nd, 2012 (12:33 PM).
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
I've been mulling over buying the manga for a while now. >_> If I'm not mistaken... didn't they release a boxed set with a special box and everything last year? YES THEY DID WOO. Man, if I have some spare money in the next few months... that's tempting. :|
Old August 2nd, 2012 (02:26 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

LOL. Well, I got paid yesterday, but this weekend is tax free weekend, so I assume that means school clothes shopping so I think I will do that THEN get the OoT manga. XD Hopefully the tax free applies to Books A Million as well. :3c

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old August 16th, 2012 (09:44 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The only manga I've ever read through is DB/Z, since I've never really been that much into manga, so I'm probably not gonna get it. I tend to stay on the game side of the Zelda franchise too, since the Zelda cartoon really didn't appeal to me at all lol. Honestly, the only manga I ever knew about related to Zelda was the Minish Cap manga, though I guess there's much more to it than I thought.
Old August 17th, 2012 (12:01 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
but the thought of toon link makes me join

Username: take a look up there hon
Favorite LoZ game: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Lessay courage cuz the other two are butt.

Dunno really. Maybe I'll get into it in the future but as of now I'm not gonna read anything really.

Old August 17th, 2012 (03:24 PM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Sorry for my absense. I was on holiday and I've been playing Okami way too much since I'm back. |D I got the four swords pt1 manga from a friend, so that's on more manga I can scratch off my list. What amused me the most from that manga, are the expressions of the five Links (Green, Red, Vio, Blue and Shadow). They're quite hilarious from time to time. It's also the only (Akira Himekawa) manga where Link's dark counterpart gets a major role in the plot.

@Olli97: From what I get the Zelda cartoon wasn't very faithful to its source material, whereas the manga (at least by some authors) is a very good game adaptation. As mentioned earlier though, the pace is sometimes a bit too fast... But that's what you get when the majority of the actual dungeon and overworld exploring/backtracking/etc (which slows down the games) is not included because it's hard to turn into a story that stays entertaining.

Old August 23rd, 2012 (03:54 PM).
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
Username: UV or Violencia, I guess.
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask! I personally think it's better than Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: POWAAAH
Old August 23rd, 2012 (06:40 PM).
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Username: heretostay123
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time. Duhh.
Triforce Section: Courage. The hero has arrived. (Me)
Old August 23rd, 2012 (09:12 PM).
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Username: Dcjboi
Favorite LoZ game: Between Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: Courage
What is your favorite character, and why? Kid Link because my favorite games feature him.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina for sure but I also enjoyed the wolf howling and the instruments of the sages in Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? Kid Link. Tetra Zelda because she is the most helpful and the most interesting one to me.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? Easiest boss was probably the first in Oot. The hardest would probably be the one from the shadow temple in Oot.

Old August 26th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
Baloth
Trainer

I have been a fan of the series since I played it on my sister's NES. Lub <3

Hoenn RéBURST
Geoff Bates, 17 (w. Scarlett [Slugma] and Bandit [Poochyena])
Old August 27th, 2012 (12:37 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Please fill in the form if you're planning on joining, Baloth. : >
For the others, be welcome in this Legend of Zelda fanclub~

I agree with Gohma being the easiest Zelda boss. The first time playing OoT she's a bit of a challenge as you still need to get used to controls. Yes, I GO'd in the Deku Tree on my first and second play-through. But every other time, she's very, very, very easy. Other first bosses tend to give me a (small) challenge during every playthrough (like Dia Baba and the WW's first boss). But Gohma only takes 5 minutes or something.

Old August 28th, 2012 (02:51 PM).
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
@Kotowari
Gohma is definitely one of the easiest bosses of all. I don't think she even takes 5 minutes. I'd give her 3 minutes at the most.

@Olli97 I say that you should stick to the games, I've read most of the Zelda mangas, and personally, I think that they cut out the best parts of the games. A good example of that would be the Majora's Mask manga. They cut off the Stone Tower Temple, the Ikana Castle, and Captain Keeta, and those were definitely the best and most mysterious parts of the game!
As for the cartoon, uh.. yeah, I'd stay away to that too.

@Everyone
Sssoo.. CD-I Zelda, anyone?
Old August 28th, 2012 (07:02 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

You can kill Gohma quicker in OoT with Deku sticks. :D And @ CD-i comment...OH BOY! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos! Squadillah!

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old September 10th, 2012 (02:46 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Really now? |D; I should try that at some point, but first Skyward Sword Hero Mode. Talking about Skyward Sword, anyone laughed in the Sand Ship when Fi said "to take the necessary preperations" before battling Tentalus?

There was nothing to prepare. BT
All that was left was 2 square meters of wood, without a bird statue and without any healing methods. |D;
I also thought it was quite funny when she said "I suggest looking for a flame" in Eldin Volcano's hottest part.

Old September 16th, 2012 (09:41 AM). Edited September 16th, 2012 by Altairis.
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Fiiii <3 I thought she was alright at first but then towards the end I really started to like her! I finally finished Skyward Sword a while ago with a time of 52:52, thought that was pretty cool!

Guys this can't die ;; idk a new topic didn't seem to help last time but..
For the next Zelda installment, do you think it will be a remake (of which game for what platform?) or a completely new game (for which platform? What do you think they will include?)

I think that they miight make a remake for the 3DS, then a new game for the Wii U. I'm really not sure. It would be cool to see a came that was previously 2D come to life in a 3DS game such as A Link to the Past or any of the other Zelda games. I have no idea what they would include for a new game, haha!

Old September 16th, 2012 (11:06 PM).
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
A LOZ fanclub? I AM SO IN!!! Please let me join ^-^

Username: Psystar63, or Star...
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's mask, then Twilight Princess. What I liked about the most in those two games was the form changing. But I like Majora's Mask more because...well... as many have pointed out, it's pretty much the black sheep of the Zelda franchise. Plus I also like hearing all the weird theories about it (makes it even more creepier to think that that CREEPY Happy Mask Salesman guy is haunting me...)
And Fierce Deity/OniLink rocks my world! :D
Triforce Section: Wisdom. It seems to fit me better than Power or Courage.

I think there'll be another remake on the 3DS. Personally, if they do a remake, I really hope they do Majora's Mask. Sure, it's my favourite game, but I really want to see how they would remake it. And I also want to see FD Link in 3D!!
But to have the Happy Mask Salesman in 3D as well??? ....OoO. *shudder*
BEN DROWNED IN 3D!

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 1st, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:
What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?
Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

Old October 1st, 2012 (02:03 PM).
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote originally posted by Kotowari:
Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:
What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?
Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >
Thanks Kotowari! I've heard a similar rumour like that. Have you seen the (supposed) E3 trailer for Majora's Mask on the Wii U. Personally, I'd prefer they remake Majora's Mask on the 3DS. If they do let the fans choose, then they should also let the fans choose what system the remake should be on. They usually come out with a new Zelda game every 3 or 4 years, so yeah, "remake first" and then "new game".

As for your topic. My favourite area would have to be Lake Hylia. The music there is just so lovely (especially in TP). And the view is just beautiful, especially from above:

Plus, have you seen what Lake Hylia looks like underneath? :D

My other favourite would have to be Hyrule field. When you first see it in Ocarina of Time, you're just overwhelmed by how vast it is. Nothing beats spending hours wandering around the field, just exploring everywhere you can. Plus the music there is great. It really puts you in the mood to explore!

Of course it can get tiring exploring all of Hyrule Field without Epona...

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 1st, 2012 (02:40 PM).
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Username: Hamako-chan
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time then Majora's Mask then Skyward Sword
Triforce Section: Wisdom
What is your favorite character, and why? Link, because his the one running around saving the world from Ganon, Giant Laughing Moons and monsters!
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina of Time or Fairy Ocarina. They were in my first Legend of Zelda game I played which was 'Ocarina of Time'. I loved solving puzzles by just taking out your Ocarina and playing the correct song, when I get it right, I feel soooo smart xD (This was when I was 9-11 years old).
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Navi, most awesome 'LISTEN! LOOKOUT!'
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?Um.. Last Boss in Skyward Sword is probably the hardest for me (I didn't even beat him yet )

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old October 9th, 2012 (10:40 AM).
Kotowari
Will be back eventually

Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spoiler:
Spam the Skyward Strike when he raises his sword

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

Spoiler:

Old October 12th, 2012 (03:07 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Totally joining this!

Username:
LividZephyr
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time. Easily. Twilight Princess is probably next, then Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Not too fond of Skyward Bored.
Triforce Section: Wisdom
What is your favorite character, and why? Favorite characters are so hard to decide. I'd probably go with Midna overall. Or Tetra in Wind Waker.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina of Time. It's nostalgic for me and what I grew up with. I wanted my own. A cousin of mine (RIP :'() showed me his actual ocarina and it was pretty neat.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna. She's hilarious and not at all annoying. She also has actual development and is pretty hardcore, too.
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? To me, Link is always pretty much the same, but I like his design best in Twilight Princess. Zelda in TP easily has the best design, but Tetra in Wind Waker was just too awesome. Seriously, what a badass. What little I saw of Zelda in the first half of Skyward Bored was great. A lot of personality in that one. Too bad I found the game itself a chore.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? I haven't struggled with a Zelda boss in a long, long time. I always bring a fairy with me and one is enough. Gyorg in WW does cause a lot of damage if you let him get you, and some fights in TP can be easy to struggle with.

For my favorite bosses, it's a pretty common answer, but Goht and Stallord. So much fun. Both of 'em.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links