The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Manga/Comics

Notices

Pokémon Manga/Comics Here you can talk about the manga (comics), discuss your favs, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:12 AM
mapsal313

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Had lots of laugh!:D

Spoiler:
"Jean Lic,Walter,Felix"Are these names for pokemon?!!!
Sleepy Fearow
Pidgeotto gone for a snack
Is that how you win a match?!!!
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

My favorite part about the "Jean Luc Pikachu" part was that it wasn't something that VIZ made up just for fun.

It's actually in Japanese version, too.
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:21 AM
mapsal313

Also,
Ash:"The three sisters and the loser"
Misty: Punches Ash

*later*
Ash: thinking
Misty:"STOP STARING" (throws a Shellder on his face)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Sorry it's a day delayed, but I put up the third assignment. Predictably, it's the third chapter. :P This one has a really interesting description of how training Pokemon actually works!
PM
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
It's an interesting way how they rank trainers, although I wonder if Pokemon can move up ranks as they get stronger? Or if the ranking is strictly based on species, which I would say is a bit biased...

In any case, I liked this chapter quite a bit. Plenty of interesting things happening, and I liked the backgrounds given for the characters introduced here. It expanded canon quite a bit for me xD

Spoiler:

The Clefairy festival was pretty cool, and I liked how tribal it felt. There's obviously a strong sense of community between Clefairy.

Professor Oak's design is better than many other ways he's drawn, imo. And the same with Bill, although I kind of think he should look a bit more geeky xP

Oh, and it was funny how a wild Onix was stronger than Brock's.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Nooo I can't believe I missed two weeks of this already. I really have to allocate more time for this. D;

I've read the first three assignments so far though! I enjoy the series quite a bit, it's got a better way of explaining the universe compared to the anime, and Ash seems more mature than his anime counterpart. And speaking of maturity, some of the female characters certainly look more, er, pronounced than they should be. But generally it has the anime's general plot, a few scenes almost copied, and shares its humor, which is certainly different from what I was used to in PokéSpe. I liked how the creator adds more elements of his own, while varying a few like the concept of the Pokémon League being different.

Now since this week is the third assignment I'll go in-depth on that.
Spoiler:
First thing that struck me, the Rank system for ease of capture in this universe sounds like a cool idea, what with the gauging of trainer skill through one's catching. See this was what I was talking about with the added elements. :) Although Mankey and Beedrill being Rank D? Seriously? They're not as easy to find in the games. :[ Anyway.

The short flashes of Ash's memory are also a nice touch, imo. :> Like his inner motivation is more illustrated here than in the anime, and I like that. Oh and Pikachu is considerably less mean here so that's one less thing he can get distracted about. And Ash apparently likes going solo here, much like Red in most of the media he appears in.

It actually takes them weeks to spot the Clefairy, so that's something different! Oh and I agree that Professor Oak's and Bill's designs here are considerably different, idk, they seem more personalized? Again the artist takes his liberties in the design. Prof. Oak certainly reminds me of Prof. Birch with how he acts here, and it's pretty refreshing.

All in all, I liked the chapter. Bill's little back story was cute.
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:03 AM
mapsal313

I've read it, and I liked it, as well as all the added details =)
don't have time now, but i'll go more in-depth tommorow (or Friday)

and by the way, I find thousands of Mankey in LeafGreen

Last edited by mapsal313; June 27th, 2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

I'll assume the next (and last?) assignment is chapter 4.

Which can be read here. Personally, I really loved this chapter. Huge deviation from the source material.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Well I missed a week due to a trip so Ill start with chapter three.
Code:
- Once again, I love the design of the Onix. Very scary looking.
- I like how it took Ash three weeks to find a Clefairy, since they are rare.
- The ranking system is a nice addition, spice things up.
- I like how Prof.Oak looks in this manga a lot better than the anime.
And heres chapter 4.
Code:
-Im still loving the designs, Haunter this time.
-It was a cool thing that they made a giant pokeball capable of capturing.
-Haunter used explosion inside the pokeballs. Awesome.
-Ash lost the gym battle, no hard feelings or instant rematch. Cool.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old July 6th, 2012, 06:14 AM
mapsal313

I liked Chapter 4 very much:

Spoiler:

-Sabrina, unlike the anime or Pokemon adventures manga, isn't shown as an evil (or at least, mean) caracter with psychic powers used to torture others, but rather as a friendly character who uses her powers for good.
-also, I loved Haunter's design as a huge scary monster, the Plague, so strong that even that huge pokeball couldn't capture it, and the fact it used explosion inside that pokeball. It's end was noble, too.
-And of course I fell down laughing when Ash cried about his wasted "Hyper Ball"

I wonder, if this is the last assigment of the electric tale, from which manga will be the next assgnent?
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Nope, actually we're doing the first two volumes of Electric Tale! So this week is the next chapter in volume 2 :3
PM
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Lolipiece
Burst Warrior

It's too bad this chapter wasn't too different from the original episode.

It only lacked Team Rocket. And we won't be seeing them for a while.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:32 AM
mapsal313

Hi! Sorry for not posting for a while, but my PC wasn't working. Anyway, I read the chapter, it was just like the episode in the anime. Well, without Team Rocket, of course!
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
mapsal313

Hey, guys, why hasn't anyone posted here in a while? Has the Manga Book Club stopped?
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM
MontrayDavis
Unhatched Egg

This is simply amazing !! :D
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Draco Razr
Elite Dragon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I've read several Pokemon manga and i agree that the plot lines are better than the anime. But I still like the anime.

Feel free to chat/message me anytime, I love to talk!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here