Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W N's Abilities

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 14th, 2012 (10:52 AM).
Imakuni Trainee

Nature: Quirky
So, what are, exactly, his abilities?

In the 'Quick Questions' thread, I had asked why, if he could 'hear' Pokemon, did he not block all of your attacks? Or at the very least dodge them? I think there's probably a lot more you could ask about it.

Thus, this thread! Yaay!

Discuss!
Old April 14th, 2012 (12:48 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Even in the Anime the Characters know attacks are coming. They even command to dodge or counter and sometime the dodge or counter flops in the worst possible way. Knowing an attack is coming doesn't mean you can dodge or retaliate without fail.
Old April 14th, 2012 (03:29 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
His main ability is the ability to be butchered by fantards who think that he's a childhood friend of the protagonist, and that he is in love with him or her.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old May 13th, 2012 (04:52 PM).

Nature: Lonely
N's abilities clearly are the same or somehow related to the ones that Yellow and Lance have in the pokemon adventures manga, where it's said that sometimes there's people that is born with an ability to "hear" pokemons thoughts. Nevertheless, in the manga it's said that only people that are born in Viridian Forest can have it and that they can also heal pkms. So, maybe is an ability somewhow related
Old May 13th, 2012 (05:48 PM).
Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
N's abilities? Um... as far as I was able to understand from the storyline he's just a human being like anybody else. He doesn't seem to contain any real hidden power like that of the various psychic trainers that you once in a while encounter in the game. Then again the fact that there are some trainers with psychic abilities throughout the game, could possibly mean that N had a possibility of having some kind of power somewhere at some point of time, but I saw no sign of anything like that what so ever in the story line.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
Old May 15th, 2012 (09:03 PM).
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
I always assumed it was something about reading their thoughts and emotions so that he could understand them to the point that he was more Pokemon than human. I even read somewhere that he doesn't even carry his Pokemon in pokeballs and that the only reason it shows it like that is because the developers said it would take too much time to program a new style of sending his Pokemon out.
Old May 18th, 2012 (09:06 AM).

N's Super awesome ability is to battle the protag with whatever is local in the area. and ability first discovered by the pro-trainer known as: youngster.
Old May 18th, 2012 (09:41 AM).
Master of Mediocrity.

Quote originally posted by Quixote:
I always assumed it was something about reading their thoughts and emotions so that he could understand them to the point that he was more Pokemon than human. I even read somewhere that he doesn't even carry his Pokemon in pokeballs and that the only reason it shows it like that is because the developers said it would take too much time to program a new style of sending his Pokemon out.
They could have done it HG SS style, and just make his Pokes slide into the screen.
Old May 18th, 2012 (12:04 PM).
Shiny Breeder

Nature: Mild
Well, we know he grew up surrounded by Pokemon, right? (Even if they were abused or whatever). So, his abilities could be related to how a human baby learns their native language by listening to its parents. If N was constantly surrounded by Pokemon, he could have naturally learned their methods of communication or "speaking," and now he just understands them instinctively. The only really mysterious thing, I think, is that funky cube he takes with him everywhere.
Old May 18th, 2012 (11:04 PM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

Yeah I think it's due to the fact that he grew up with them. Actually, on the cube, that might be another reason why. He lacks it in B2W2 (maybe? idk I didn't see it I just saw a circle thing SO POSSIBLY), and if he can't have that bond with Pokemon in those games, then chances are that it might be due to the cube. AND If so... would the cube brainwash the Pokemon into speaking English only to him or...? AND how did he get it and why?!
Old June 17th, 2012 (01:58 AM).
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
Basically N is a living capture styler, he has the ability to convey his friendship to a pokemon...
probably because he grew up with him. N's also a fast talker and a "genius" apparently

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links