Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2014 (09:58 AM).
Claptrap Directive 3: DANCE!
ModeratorCSGTEO

Nature: Adamant
For anyone who missed it, there's important info here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8027931&postcount=2843

Quote originally posted by BaroNight:
Thanks!

I'll be continuing this quest. I am already in White, already finished with N and Ghetsis. Just scouring the eastern part of Unova, then it's Alder's time to fall (again). Updates will start..next week, I think. I'll just finish first some cumbersome RL assignments.

Is it ok if there's no Kalos part? I don't have a 3DS yet and I'm just playing through emulators.
If you finish before the end of this month then you will be counted as a champion without 6th gen.

Old January 8th, 2014 (11:04 AM).
The Blade's Shadow
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
Normal UMC - White - Update 1
Spoiler:

^Chose Tepig, so that neither Cheren nor Bianca would have to deal with how bad it is.
^"Slave is it's name! It's such a good name" ~ Juniper
^Voracidous (Naming them all after Borderlands 2 Raid Bosses. Because..... REASONS (For anyone who gets that), a Lv2 (Yep) Patrat has joined the team!
^Hyperius, a Lv4 Lillipup has joined the team!

And that's what happened.

"Eventually, my blades will find their way into your heart."
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
"Hope you're Heaven sent and Hell proof."

Old January 8th, 2014 (03:33 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Thread updated through Post #2853
Quote originally posted by deku:
EDIT: I have a quick question regarding an Electric monotype on Platinum. Would it be allowed to hack in the key to get access to Rotom's forms?
No, sorry.
Quote originally posted by hisalness56:
I know I have to finish my ultimate ground run... I'm just so tired of Kanto. Is it alright if I start the Johto leg before I finish Kanto? I will finish Kanto as well
There's no requirement for what order you play in so go ahead.

Old January 8th, 2014 (06:15 PM).
|Dead things go bump in the night|

Nature: Calm
Am i in the challenge or not?
Old January 8th, 2014 (07:13 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

You don't have to ask. Signing up is all you have to do before you start. I did add you to the list earlier today if you were wondering.

Old January 8th, 2014 (11:41 PM). Edited January 9th, 2014 by D3M0NIX.

oh ok, well i'll get started tomarrow then. =D

Update from CrystalDust

Spoiler:

-Chose Cyndaquil as starter
-grinded to level 7
-Defeated Rival
-Continued onto next town
-Went into Bellsprout Tower and grinded til evolution
-Recieved Flash HM
-Defeated Falker Gym Leader
-Continued to Ruins of Alph
-Did puzzle but left soon after
-Continued to Azalea
-Beat team rocket and beat gym leader
-Defeated Rival
-Saved after helping guy with farfetched
-Quilava is now level 22
Old January 9th, 2014 (10:30 AM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
1/8

I caught a Lillipup, one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, and a Patrat, one of my most hated Unova Pokemon, before battling N. He was a piece of cake considering all he had was a Purrloin. I later was caught off guard once again by Bianca, who I am never expecting on Route 2 when I need to heal and I hate it every time. I did manage to beat her though. After that I cleared out Dream Yard to maximize my level before beating Cheren. Chili was my Gym leader since I chose Snivy for my rival to have a Fighting type. Chili wasn't much issue. After that, I was waiting for someone to post, so I progressed further and did the Team Plasma quests, and caught a Pidove. I am currently in Nacrene City, getting ready for N round 2.

Team:
Spoiler:

Skippy
Lvl 15, Lax
41/24/22/17/16/21
-Tackle
-Detect
-Bite
-Bide

Lillipup (Forgot to name)
Lvl 15, Careful
41/24/23/14/20/25
-Take Down
-Tackle
-Odor Sleuth
-Bite

Arnold
Lvl 14, Naive
41/24/22/18/13/20
-Gust
-Growl
-Leer
-Quick Attack

Old January 9th, 2014 (03:29 PM).

3rd Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-dealt with Team Galactic in Eterna City
-got a bike
-went down Cycling Road, beat some trainers, explored the part of Wayward Cave that doesn't require Flash
-Geodude evolved
-Cut through Mt.Coronet, made it to Hearthome City
-Entered a contest because I haven't done one of those in years (I won)
-Cleared the Hearthome Gym and defeated Fantina. This gym wasn't bad. Most of it consisted of spamming Cranidos's Pursuit and using Probopass. But up next is the Fighting and Water gyms. Hope those aren't as bad as the Grass gym was.
-beat my rival
-Made it to Solaceon Town, got the HM for Defog from the Ruins
-entered Lost Tower

Current Badges:

Current Team:
Old January 10th, 2014 (04:56 AM).

Update
Spoiler:

-Caught a Growlithe
-Caught Bellsprout as HM Slave
-Named her Kat
-Made it to Goldenrod City
-Grinded Kat til level 11
-Got beaten twice by gym leader
-Ranted and raved
-Saved

I officially hate Clefairy and Miltank. -.-

Team:
Spoiler:

-Sin (Quilava), Level 25
-Kat (Growlithe), Level 11
-Bellsprout (HM Slave), Level 6
Old January 10th, 2014 (10:21 AM).

3rd Fire Update:
-defeated rival at Silph Co.
-received Lapras
-defeated Giovanni at Silph Co.
-defeated Sabrina
-caught Ponyta in the Pokemon Mansion
-caught Magmar in the Pokemon Mansion
-defeated Blaine
-defeated Giovanni
-defeated rival at Route 22
-Ponyta evolved into Rapidash

Team:
Spoiler:

Charizard
Lv. 51
HP: 171
Attack: 120
Defense: 110
Special: 118
Speed: 126
Moves: Slash/Growl/Flamethrower/Leer

Ninetales
Lv. 51
HP: 155
Attack: 111
Defense: 101
Special: 133
Speed: 130
Moves: Flamethrower/Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Confuse Ray

Flareon
Lv. 51
HP: 155
Attack: 158
Defense: 86
Special: 140
Speed: 100
Moves: Bite/Sand-Attack/Quick Attack/Ember

Rapidash
Lv. 40
HP: 115
Attack: 97
Defense: 69
Special: 84
Speed: 101
Moves: Ember/Tail Whip/Stomp/Growl

Magmar
Lv. 40
HP: 114
Attack: 94
Defense: 65
Special: 81
Speed: 84
Moves: Ember/Leer/Confuse Ray
Gen V Champ, X(2/8)
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Old January 10th, 2014 (12:28 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Ultimate Normal Monotype: White Version
2/8

N was a little easier than I anticipated. After trying to beat Lenora a couple times, however, I decided it was time to do some grinding. By the time I was done, my Patrat had evolved into Watchog, and I knew I was ready. Lenora was still not super easy, but was much less of a threat this time, and I came away with my second badge.

Team:
Spoiler:

Skippy
Lvl 21, Lax
60/45/42/32/32/43
-Tackle
-Detect
-Crunch
-Confuse Ray

Herdier
Lvl 20, Careful
60/38/37/21/35/34
-Take Down
-Tackle
-Work Up
-Bite

Arnold
Lvl 20, Naive
55/33/29/23/17/27
-Air Cutter
-Growl
-Roost
-Quick Attack

Old January 10th, 2014 (02:22 PM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Now that the wifi is being a wee bit more cooperative...

Ice Monotype - Platinum

I've gotten as far as the Windworks but unfortunately I'm regretting trading in a Smoochum. Not that I had a choice, since none of my gen 4 games had a Jynx. The little weener likes to commit suicide since I don't have enough badges to keep her under control so she's forcing me to level her until she reaches the point where Galactic admin does very little damage. Well, that's life. Anyhow, one badge down.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 10th, 2014 (04:57 PM). Edited January 10th, 2014 by BaroNight.
Chaos Incarnate

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Necrum Warrior:
If you finish before the end of this month then you will be counted as a champion without 6th gen.
I'll try then. Haha. That is if I don't get f***ed up by RL problems.

Where should I end my challenge in White? Should I challenge Cynthia?

In any case, here's the summary of the Elite Four Challenge:

Shauntal:
Spoiler:

Bishop solo'ed her team. Set up a Swords Dance while her Cohagrigus tried to damage me with an Energy Ball. Meh. A Night Slash later and she went back to her coffin. All the others were also taken out by a Night Slash each. Though Chandelure's Flame Body burned him and Driftblim's Aftermath reduce his life by half.

Grimsley:
Spoiler:

Cable solo'ed his team. Also set up, this time a Nasty Plot. But his Sharpedo nearly killed him with an Earthquake. He was able to hit back with an Aura Sphere. All others were also taken out with Aura Sphere. Even his Drapion. Maybe because his Special Attack became too much. Haha.

Caitlin:
Spoiler:

Yeah, another solo. This time, by Beast. A Hone Claws (Hustle is a pain in the a**), a X Defend, and a X Sp. Def and he was ready to kill them all. Musharna is annoying with Hypnosis and Reflect. and her Metagross nearly killed him with an Earthquake when he was underground. He was killed next turn when Beast resurfaced. Haha.

Marshal:
Spoiler:

Slaughtered by Onslaught with Hone Claws-enhanced Zen Headbutt. Breloom's Spore and Sawk's Sturdy really messed him up but he was able to pull through.

Alder:
Spoiler:

Wolverine killed his Accelgor and Volcarona with Hone Claws-enhanced Rock Slide. Though a Focus Blast nearly killed him. Cable took care of his Druddigon (Dragon Pulse!) and Bouffalant (Aura Sphere!). Vanilluxe was killed by a Curse-enhanced Gyro Ball from Gambit. and his Excavalier go down after two Iron Heads, courtesy of Beast.

My Team:
Spoiler:

Wolverine [M] lvl. 77
Ability: Sand Force
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Hone Claws
Sandstorm
My first Pokemon and the MVP. He endured all those Water and Grass attacks as a Drillbur (my starter was a Tepig.) and eventually became strong enough. T_T

Gambit [M] lvl. 77
Ability: Iron Barbs
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Curse
Explosion
Second one. I never used Explosion (or Selfdestruct). Gyro Ball is enough.

Bishop [M] lvl. 76
Ability: Defiant
Night Slash
Iron Head
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
At the start, he needs to be babied (Much more than Gambit). But soon, he proved to be a strong battler. Though he always needs a turn to set up a Swords Dance.

Beast [M] lvl. 77
Ability: Hustle
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Dig
Hone Claws
I was in dilemma on whether I should use him or Excavalier. I chose him since I'm already annoyed by Gambit's slow movements and I don't want another slowpoke. And as his name implies. he is a beast. And yes, I only used four for the first part. Never liked Klingklang.

Onslaught lvl. 76
Ability: Clear Body
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
Hone Claws
Agility
Favorite Pokemon. Strongest. And Wolverine's backup. I can't find more words to describe him.

Cable lvl. 77
Ability: Inner Focus
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Nasty Plot
Foresight
Foresight was there just in case I battled Cynthia. Another late addition but a strong one.
Old January 10th, 2014 (06:09 PM). Edited January 10th, 2014 by Pendraflare.
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses their mind.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Well, just finished up my Ultimate Ground Monotype with X to seal things up.

Here are the summaries of important battles:
Spoiler:
Viola: Very annoying with only one Pokémon to use. Had to keep healing Biggy Smalls, my Bunnelby, while Vivilion was out.
MVP: Biggy Smalls - Of course, because he was the only one there.

Grant: Not too hard. Amaura was an easy 2HKO with Thumper's Gyro Ball, I don't remember what I did against Tyrunt but that wasn't anything significant either.
MVP: Thumper - He was pretty bulky and took his attacks well enough, and was able to use Gyro Ball to fire off.

Korrina: Optimus basically walled her entire team. What a joke.
MVP: Optimus - Walled her like a pro. 'Nuff said.

Ramos: Not much I remember here, although Merc was able to use Poison Jab for good damage.
MVP: Merc - Tore through a bit of his team even if that Gogoat got it with Bulldoze in the end.

Clemont: His Helioptile killed Thumper with a critical hit Grass Knot, which was annoying, but other than that this battle was cake.
MVP: No comment there, because a Ground-type team vs an Electric-type team should be an obvious win.

Valerie: Pudding 2HKOed Mawile with Earthquake because she used Iron Defense, then Optimus beat Mr. Mime and I know I used Merc against Sylveon.
MVP: Merc - STAB Poison Jab runs through Sylveon well.

Olympia: Easy chiz between Optimus and Binge.
MVP: Binge - Even if Sigilyph got in a Reflect, he was the real star here.

Final battle against Lysandre: This battle nearly made me want to rip my hair off my head. Well, the first time it did. So many critical hits, his Pyroar even burned Optimus with Fire Blast. I nearly threw my 3DS XL out the window after losing. Second time, however, I got lucky - not only did his Mienshao use High Jump Kick against Merc after +2 when he probably could have used Acrobatics, but when I switched in Binge to Intimidate his Mega Gyarados, he missed with Aqua Tail. After getting in Pudding, that allowed me to survive his Aqua Tail with 1/3 my HP and use Yawn. From there on, Binge kept hitting him, and he stayed asleep the maximum amount of turns, allowing me to win.
MVP: Pudding - Coming to the rescue by avoiding Aqua Tail and using Yawn on Gyarados. Binge was co-MVP for getting off Intimidate and finishing him well.

Wulfric: He was actually pretty tough. My entire team was around Level 52-53, and his Abomasnow barely survived 1.25x Flamethrower from Merc then killed me. Long story short, I just pulled out in the end. I had Pudding and Binge left, I used Yawn and survived Avalugg's +2 Avalanche just barely, so I was able to hit him with Earthquake, and actually got a critical hit, which didn't kill him right away, but I brought out Binge and finished him off while he was asleep.
MVP: Pudding - Yawn + critical hit makes short work of him.

Siebold: I was dreading this battle, but it was actually pretty fun. Took some viable strategy to do. Started off by lowering his Clawitzer's Speed with Sausage's Bulldoze, allowing Optimus to finish him from a little over half with an Earthquake. Next was Starmie, and I let Pancakes take his Surf with Water Absorb. His Psychic did less than half, allowing me to lower his Speed with Bulldoze then get him asleep with Yawn just before getting knocked out. After that, I brought in Optimus and finished him with Shadow Punch. Next was Gyarados. While he did use Dragon Dance, I was able to negate the Speed boost and chip off a decent percentage of his health with Rock Tomb before dying. I then had Merc finish it with Thunderbolt. Lastly, Barbaracle…and it wasn't until this point that I realized I forgot to reteach Earth Power. I still had Thunderbolt, though, which did enough to kill him in two hits, and I even survived a Razor Shell while still in the orange.
MVP: Optimus - Beating Clawitzer and Starmie, and using Rock Tomb on Gyarados to get rid of the Speed drop and keep him from sweeping. Pancakes was co-MVP for paving the road for that Starmie. Merc was the other co-MVP for not only having that Thunderbolt ready, but also surviving a STAB 100 power (assuming that thing has Tough Claws, which Bulbapedia says it does) super-effective attack from something with overall good Attack while not having that great Defense. Thank god I indirectly Defense EV trained against Durants!

Malva: Started off a tad annoying since Pyroar would use Noble Roar a few times, but I got Floppy to paralyze it and brought in Slammer, eventually getting to +2 Attack and taking less than 1/3 from Hyper Voice. From there it was an easy sweep. Even Talonflame only did around 1/3 with Brave Bird.
MVP: Slammer - Basically swept her entire team. Need I say more?

Drasna: Dragalge was an easy OHKO from Optimus' Earthquake. Altaria took half from Rock Slide before putting me to sleep with Sing. I switched in Merc, but she got a critical hit Dragon Pulse that in turn led me to be killed by Noivern's after I beat Altaria with an Ice Beam. By Yawning it to sleep with Pancakes, I was able to get in Sausage and kill her with Ice Fang. Druddigon then killed me with Revenge, but after she healed, Slammer OHKOed her with a critical hit Dragon Claw.
MVP: Not sure here, but if I had to choose, i'd go with Sausage.

Wikstrom: Klefki started with Torment before Sausage OHKOed it with a (probably useless) critical hit Earthquake. Next was Aegislash, and I got crafty by throwing Substitute on to use against King's Shield. That allowed me to beat him into submission after he went into Blade forme. Scizor I handled fairly well after paralyzing it with Floppy then bringing in Merc to use Flamethrower. Lastly, Probopass was an easy OHKO with Earthquake after Sturdy was out of the picture. Clean with no faints.
MVP: Sausage - Timing the Substitute well against King's Shield was great. Floppy was co-MVP for paralyzing Scizor.

Diantha: First was Hawlucha. She used Swords Dance, but Floppy got a critical hit Thunderbolt and killed her in one.
Next was Aurorus. She started off with Light Screen, which is fine with me as I paralyzed her. I switched in Sausage and she got fully paralyzed, then I OHKOed her with Earthquake.
After that was Goodra. I got Floppy back in, and managed to paralyze her before she killed me with two Muddy Waters. I then brought in Pancakes, and got a critical hit while her Dragon Pulse did less than half. However, that knocked her to her Full Restore, and I did weaken her to half and lower her Speed afterward before she finished off Pancakes. Slammer then finished her with Dragon Claw.
Following was Tyrantrum. I used Dragon Claw, knocking her low, then she used Dragon Claw and did EXACTLY half my health. Wow. Another hit finished her.
Then Gourgeist. I used Substitute as she used Trick-or-Treat, but that didn't work because of Substitute. Dragon Claw did less than half, and as she used Phantom Force I used Swords Dance, but I somehow lived that. Both that and Gardevoir were immediately downed afterward (the latter with Earthquake).
MVP: Slammer - My Substitute survived Phantom Force, and she only took HALF from a higher level Tyrantrum's Dragon Claw. That is great.

AZ: Do I really need to comment on this one?

And here was my final team:
Spoiler:
Golurk "Optimus", Level 61
Nature: Naughty
Obtained at: Route 10
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Bulldoze, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Punch

Nidoking (M) "Merc", Level 62
Obtained at: Route 11
Ability: Rivalry
Moves: Bulldoze, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Poison Jab

Garchomp (M) "Slammer", Level 62
Nature: Jolly
Obtained at: Route 13
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Substitute, Swords Dance

Stunfisk (M) "Floppy", Level 61
Nature: Modest
Ability: Static
Obtained at: Route 14
Moves: Discharge, Mud Bomb, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt

Mamoswine (M) "Sausage", Level 62
Nature: Docile
Ability: Oblivious
Obtained at: Frost Cavern
Moves: Bulldoze, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Substitute

Quagsire (F) "Pancakes", Level 61
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Water Absorb
Obtained at: Route 19
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Rock Tomb, Yawn

Other Pokémon I had in storage:
Spoiler:
Diggersby (M) "Biggy Smalls", Level 29

Krookodile (M) "Binge", Level 61

Hippowdon (F) "Pudding", Level 56

Sandslash (M) "Ball Roll", Level 46

Steelix (F) "Thumper", Level 40
Old January 10th, 2014 (08:17 PM).

Username: Cpt.Mag
Type: Poison
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow, Crystal, Moemon Omega(an emerald hack that doesn't violate the rules), Flawless Platinum (hard mode), Volt White 2 (hard mode), X

Will be playing through the games in that order. Flawless plat and volt white 2 should be pretty fun.
Old January 11th, 2014 (07:26 AM).
I make Fakemon sprites.

Nature: Relaxed
Type: Grass
Game: White
Badges: 8

So, it's been a while since my last update on this game, and I won't go into detail as to what has happened since earning my third badge. I have a full team now, and a few minutes ago, I just beat N and Ghetsis. Not surprisingly, N was a complete and utter ***** to beat. More specifically, his Reshiram almost tore my entire team apart, before I had to use the few Max Revive I had and let him run out of PP for Fusion Flare. I just barely made it out of that match alive, thanks to Blades - my Leavanny. Then along came Ghetsis, and I actually lost to him the first time, and the second I decided to try something new. Set up on his Cohagrigus with Lily the Lilligant, (I don't think I'm gonna be doing nicknames again anytime soon) then proceed to sweep with Petal Dance in lack of better coverage. And it worked! I almost OHKO'd Hydreigon with Petal Dance and even completely obliterated Bisharp! Anyway, this is my team now, as I prepare myself to beat Alder:

Spoiler:

Scotch, lv. 50 @ Big Root
Male // Modest // Prankster
- Cotton Guard
- Leech Seed
- Sunny Day
- Hurricane

Lily, lv. 53 @ Miracle Seed
Female // Timid // Chlorophyll
- Quiver Dance
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance

Duria, lv. 50 @ Quick Claw
Female // Relaxed // Iron Barbs
- Curse
- Power Whip
- Pin Missile
- Gyro Ball

Serpentina, lv. 51 @ Miracle Seed
Female // Jolly // Overgrow
- Return
- Coil
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed

Artemis, lv. 52 @ Rocky Helmet
- Jump Kick
- Horn Leech
- Wild Charge
- Return

Blades, lv. 54 @ Amulet Coin
Female // Jolly // Chlorophyll
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
Old January 11th, 2014 (03:14 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Quote originally posted by BaroNight:
Where should I end my challenge in White? Should I challenge Cynthia?
You actually just ended your challenge. Alder is the end point listed in my thread for Black and White versions.

Old January 11th, 2014 (03:17 PM).

Update
Spoiler:
  1. Trained Kat to level 15
  2. Saved

I know i didn't do much here. But i have other things going on as well.
Old January 11th, 2014 (03:58 PM).
ModeratorCSGTEO

Updated through Post #2869

Old January 11th, 2014 (04:37 PM).

4th Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-cleared Lost Tower
-Fought my way to Veilstone City, using mostly Cranidos
-Grinded Cranidos to level 33 so it could learn Zen Headbutt
-Cranidos evolved into Rampardos
-Screwed around in Veilstone for a bit, then went to the Gym
-Fortunately, my plan for the Gym worked. Most of the Pokemon were even slower than Lord Headsmashington (which is what I'd totally name Rampardos if it wasn't such a long name), and they quickly succumbed to the power of Zen Headbutt. For Maylene's Lucario, I had Onix slow it down with Rock Tomb, which then allowed Lord Headsmashington to take it down with a couple more Zen Headbutts (and Lord Headsmashington could even take a Force Palm and live). It's nice that that Badge wsn't hard either, since it was one of the ones that had me worried. But the next gym, the Water Gym...that's probably gonna be a different story.
-Did Lucas a favor and beat up a couple of Galactic Grunts for him
-Got the HM for Fly
-caught a Rhyhorn
-made my way to the little resort area or whatever it is near Lake Valor, then stopped

Current Badges:

Current Team:

Saving the last slot for whatever HM slave I'll need at various times since, ya know, Rock types aren't exactly great at climbing waterfalls or flying through the sky. But for some strange reason, Rhydon and Rampardos are capable of using Surf. Which is good for me, but that's so weird...
Old January 11th, 2014 (05:04 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
I beat Clement the other day in Y for my Ice run, that brings my badge count to 5. Sorry for the lack of updates and detail. I barely have time to play but when I finish the challenge I'll give a much more thorough update
Old January 11th, 2014 (10:17 PM). Edited January 17th, 2014 by thomas0comer.

Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 1
(My copy of FireRed has sadly been damaged so I'm going to borrow a friend's copy of LeafGreen)

Spoiler:
-Obtained Mudkip from Elm's bag, named Nemo because he's a (mud)skipper
-Beat rival on Rt. 103
-Obtained Zigzagoon for indentured servitude
-Obtained Wingull, named Sharon (Rt. 103)
-Obtained Lotad, named Mariana (Rt. 102)
-Utterly pulverized Roxanne, obtained Stone Badge
-Obtained Tentacool, named Ernst (Dewford, fishing)
-Taught Mariana Flash and immediately started regretting it
-Beat Brawly, obtained Knuckle Badge
-Beat Wattson, obtained Dynamo Badge
-Beat Flannery, obtained Heat Badge, though with a lot more trouble than I expected
-Beat Norman and obtained the Balance Badge, also with a lot of trouble. Dude kept encoring Fake-Out and Protect.
-Raced to Lilycove and FINALLY got rid of Flash on Mariana, replaced with Surf
-Beat Winona, obtained Feather Badge
-Caught a Feebas on Rt.119 (am now farming Kelpsy and Wiki berries to evolve it)
-Took down the Magma Hideout

Edit: I'm guessing I'm allowed to change my choice of games if I haven't started them yet? I'd like to use Black so I don't have to erase my Black2 save, and I'm going to have to switch to LeafGreen.
Old January 12th, 2014 (02:34 AM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by MachoPony.
Resident Brony

Ultimate Bug Monotype Challenge: Black 2 Update
Spoiler:

Went on to beat the plasma grunts outta Opelucid
Got to Humilau city
Decided against training in seaside cave (probably shouldve)
Was HORRIBLY underlevelled in the gym but struggled on anyway
VS Marlon
Accelgor was good it took out some stuff in the gym and grew a good 3-4 levels but MVP was definately Leavanny
first came carracosta which barely lived a giga drain cuz sturdy and killed with rock slide
Leavanny came in and leaf bladed while he healed again living it, slash finished it off
Wailord was a clean 2HKO with leaf blade i managed to avoid bounce by using protect it still had from Swadloon (glad i never got rid of it)
then jellicent went the same way took a leaf blade hit me with scald second leaf blade finished it off.
Went on to giant chasm met colress again fainted Terrakion, went to seaside cave did some training also beat all the trainers before giant chasm for EXP, went right through to undella town then back to where i was supposed to go fainted the wild crustle.
Crushed Zinzoln pretty easily (3 ice types + rival having a Fire/Fighting type = GG) i helped out a bit by taking out the grunt's liepard with accelgor and then finishing his second cryogonal with escavilier. heading now to giant chasm again.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Mickey (Accelgor) LV 47 Bug
Bug Buzz
Swift
Venoshock
Giga Drain

Ivan (Heracross) LV 47 Bug/Fighting
Strength
Megahorn
Night Slash
Close Combat

Clubber (Escavilier) LV 47 Bug/Steel
Iron Head
X Scissor
Fury Attack
Slash

Apollo (Leavanny) LV 47 Bug/Grass
X Scissor
Swords Dance
Slash
Leaf Blade

Rocky (Crustle) LV 50 Bug/Rock
Bulldoze
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
X Scissor

Paulie (Scolipede) Bug/Poison
LV 49
X Scissor
Poison Tail
Bulldoze
Screech
Old January 12th, 2014 (04:18 PM). Edited January 13th, 2014 by BaroNight.
Chaos Incarnate

Started with the second part of Unova. I used Black 2, since I have a saved game in my White 2 and I don't want to cut it. Also, I will do it in challenge mode.

Just a short update:
Spoiler:

- Named myself Baron. My rival's Blitz. All those boring intros.
- Picked a Snivy so that my rival's stuck with Tepig.
- Ran like I will never ran again to Floccesy Ranch.
- After 30 minutes of searching, I finally found a Riolu. Wasted 7 Pokeballs on it. Caught it on my eight. How annoying.
- Named it Cable. If you didn't noticed it already, my theme is mutants of the Marvel universe.
- Punished all those who blocked my way, including Blitz.

1st Gym:
- Patrat and Lillipup were defeated with ease. Though Lillipup was able to stay alive after a Force Palm with 2 to 3 HP, I think. His berry activated, so I just killed him on the next turn.
- Pidove will be move of a challenge..or not. He did get paralyzed after a Force Palm, and died after a Quick Attack.
- Badge # 1 get!

Badges:
Spoiler:

My Team (I will only list those who are proper members of the team. In short, I will not include HM slaves):
Spoiler:

Cable, ♂ Lvl. 16
Naive
Likes to thrash about
Met at Floccesy Ranch at lvl. 7
Ability: Inner Focus
Force Palm
Quick Attack
Work Up
Foresight

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
As for my White challenge, I still fought Cynthia. I thought I would have problems with her Eelektross...but Cable swept her team after 2 Nasty Plots. OHKOs with Aura Sphere, except for Garchomp, where he used Dragon Pulse. He really is a monster. Well, he was burned by Spiritomb and nearly died from the burns. Just saying.

So, technically I'm already finished with the challenge. Haha. Maybe I'll continue this sometime, since I'm not required to proceed to the sequels..
Old January 12th, 2014 (10:10 PM).

okay I have defeated the Elite Four and the Champion in Blue. I will begin Crystal soon.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Charizard
Lv. 60
HP: 203
Attack: 146
Defense: 135
Special: 141
Speed: 151
Moves: Slash/Growl/Flamethrower/Leer

Ninetales
Lv. 59