Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

Nature: Relaxed
Alright, here goes what I hope to be my last update before nailing this challenge, which I plan to do tonight!

Ultimate Monotype Challenge
Type: Flying
Game: LeafGreen
Badges: 7

I think the last time I posted, I had just spent an obscene amount of money on Game Corner coins, so I could buy my precious Dratini, the fifth member of my team. Following that, the storyline unfolds, I kick Team Rocket's ass a couple times, Dratini evolves, and Dragonair turns out to be a magnificent team member. I easily kick Koga's ass and hurry off to Cinnabar Island to turn my old piece of amber back to life - and there he was, Aerodactyl, the sixth and final member of my team! After some grinding, Aerodactyl was ready to blast through the old mansion and research facility-thing and then easily kick Blaine's ass by spamming Rock Slide. After that, I head off to the Sevii Islands with Bill, kick some ass, rescue a little girl, and it's all good and well. Charizard gains some levels and resume the position of Team Leader. I can't help it, I'm like that with my starter, and this is the only run where I can use my starter - anyway, after getting back from the Sevii Islands, I realize that I'd completely forgotten about Sabrina, so I head back to Saffron City and sweep the entire Gym with Fearow, Butterfree, Aerodactyl and Charizard. Sabrina only ever met Charizard.

Anyway, I'm off to once and for all destroy Giovanni's self-esteem. Here's my team so far:

Spoiler:

Charizard, lv. 46
Male // Modest // Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Smokescreen
- Wing Attack
- Metal Claw

Aerodactyl, lv. 41
Male // Adamant // Pressure
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Bite

Fearow, lv. 41
Female // Adamant // Keen Eye
- Fly
- Growl
- Drill Peck
- Return

Dragonair, lv. 40
Male // Bashful // Shed Skin
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Slam
- Ice Beam

Golbat, lv. 40
Female // Jolly // Inner Focus
- Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Confuse Ray
- Leech Life

Butterfree, lv. 42
Female // Modest // Compoundeyes
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Safeguard
- Psychic
Old March 10th, 2013 (11:21 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by Bomberboy04.
Bomberboy04
Mighty Metagross

Username: Bomberboy
Type: Flying
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, E, Plt, B, B2
Old March 11th, 2013 (06:41 AM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Flying Monotype
No clue where I left off in updates but this run is done. I was running around the game massively overleveled and when I got to the elite 4, I figured that my levels would be similar to theirs so no problem, right? I WAS UNDERLEVELED. Had to go back to Victory Road and train until Dragonair evolved before I was finally ready to take down the e4. :<

Final team:
Spoiler:
Rash Dragonite Lv. 56
Ice Beam|Surf|Thunder Wave|Wing Attack

Hardy Dodrio Lv. 53
Tri Attack|Fly|Drill Peck|Fury Attack

Timid Charizard Lv. 55
Flamethrower|Sunny Day|Dragon Claw|Wing Attack

Lonely Scyther Lv. 57
Aerial Ace|Swords Dance|Slash

Jolly Gyarados Lv. 56
Strength|Dragon Dance|Earthquake|Rain Dance

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 11th, 2013 (10:06 AM). Edited March 11th, 2013 by ScubaDouch3.
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

So, I've been getting really bored of Gen III so I've been playing both my Flying-Mono and Ice-Mono challenges back to back for the past little while and have made significant progress in both:

Ultimate Ice-Mono: Emerald

- Named myself "Brendan" and chose Treecko as my Starter

- Hacked in a level 3 "Spheal" and named him "Wozza"

- Made it all the way to Rustboro and hacked in a level 6 "Lapras" and called him "Loch"
( I posted "what are you doing here" and hacked him in on February 26 so it should be allowed)

-
Made short work of Roxanne thanks to water gun and obtained the
Stone Badge

- Made my way to Dewford and delivered the letter to Steven in Granite Cave

- Had a tough time with Brawly but managed to win the
Knuckle Badge

- Traveled to Slateport and kicked Team Aqua out of the Museum

- Beat May and arrived in Mauville where I sent Wally back to Verdanturf where he belongs

- Had a surprisingly easy time with Wattson thanks to Lapras, and earned myself the
Dynamo Badge

- Made my way to Meteor Falls and met Prof. Cosmo then made my way to Mt.Chimney and beat Maxie

- Went to the Lavaridge Gym and easily dispatched Flannery for the
Heat Badge

- Went all the way back to Petalburg and beat Norman for the
Balance Badge

- Took the long road to the Weather Institute and kicked Team Aqua out of the building

- Beat May once again and arrived in Fortree City

- Went over to Route 120 and got the Devon Scope from Steven, then went back to Fortree and entered the Gym

- Had a pathetic fight with Winona and obtained the
Feather Badge

Ultimate Flying-Mono: Emerald

- Named myself "Harvey" and chose Torchic as my Starter

- Caught a "Wingull" and named him "Gulliver"

- Went to Petalburg then caught a "Taillow" and named him "Ken"

- Went to the Rustboro Gym and barely beat Roxanne for the
Stone Badge

- Made my way to Granite Cave, caught a Zubat named "Vlad" and delivered the letter to Steven

- Had an easy time with Brawly and earned the
Knuckle Badge

- Did the Museum quest then beat May and entered the Mauville Gym

- Had the hardest fight with Wattson I've ever had but managed to pull through for the
Dynamo Badge

- Went to Meteor Falls and caught a Swablu called "Cotton" and a Skarmory called "Scar" along the way then all the way back to Mt chimney to beat Maxie

- Went to Lavaridge Gym and beat Flannery for the
Heat Badge

- Back to Petalburg I went and beat Norman for the
Balance Badge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, back to Gen III, I'm really getting bored of it so I'll finish it up as quick as possible so I can move on.

Yellow: 8/8l Crystal: 4/16

Ultimate Fairy-Mono Challenge
Kalos: 6/8

Ultimate Mono-Challenges finished:

On Hold:
Dark - on Gen IV lll Flying - on Gen IV lll Ground - on Gen IV
Psychic - on Gen IV lll Steel - on Gen IV
Old March 11th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
Harmonixer3500
Pokémon Master

Another update on my Fire Red Poison type run. Made my way to Mt. Moon catching a Nidoran Male along the way. Stepped inside Mt. Moon and caught a Zubat. I then trained up Nidoran and Zubat outside Mt. Moon to be equal to Bulbasaur and Beedrill. Made my way through Mt. Moon where Bulbasaur evolved against the Hiker, and Nidoran evolved against the Team Rocket leader. Got out side Mt. Moon and then defeated Misty's Jr. trainers. Now training my team to level 20 to take on Misty.
Attached Images
File Type: png Ivysaur.PNG‎ (6.6 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Beedrill.PNG‎ (7.0 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Nidorino.PNG‎ (6.5 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Zubat.PNG‎ (6.1 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old March 12th, 2013 (02:28 AM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Well, it's almost been a whole month since my last update, so I guess it's about time for some! Here's update #8 on my HeartGold grass monotype run, now with all 16 badges! Quite a leap since last time, so this may be longer than usual.
Spoiler:

-Got through Rock Tunnel and reached Lavender. I think I used my Repels for the first time here. The low experience yield just isn't worth the time and PP.
-Obtained the Poké Flute program on my PokéGear.
-Cleared the routes around Lavender Town.
-Went down to the Snorlax by Diglett's Cave and caught it with a Master Ball, solely for its Leftovers.
-Passed through Diglett's Cave and reached Pewter.
-An old man gave us a Silver Wing.
-Pewter Gym was quite easy. Sage (Tangrowth) took down Brock's entire team with a single attack each. Only Aerodactyl posed problems, and that was due to Rock Slide hax (flinch, flinch, crit). But the Boulder Badge was an easy reward to get, making 13 badges.

-Cleared the route east of Pewter, as well as Viridian Forest, giving us passage into Viridian City.
-Went back to Mt. Moon and battled Rival. That Typhlosion was beastly... I was wondering why Flamethrower suddenly did more damage. I only remembered Blaze at the end of the battle. >_< Golbat and Typhlosion were most annoying during this one.
-We also visited Pallet Town at some point.
-Next destination is the far-off Fuschia City. I decided to take the Silence Bridge route, because I wasn't confident against the poison-types the Bikers on Cycling Road favored. Also, lots of trainers means lots of experience. We eventually made it to Fuschia.
-To finish off the mainland trainers, we went to Cycling Road.
-I feel like I'm missing something, but whatever. Fuschia Gym time. She sends out Crobat off the bat. *brick'd* I think I switch for Sage, since he has Ancient Power. Weezing falls to a crit Wring Out. And more of the same against her two Ariados. Then Venomoth comes in and takes advantage of Sage's horrible special defense. Anise (Jumpluff) fires off a Leech Seed right as it uses Double Team. Phew! Sleep Powder also hits it, and I take the opportunity to switch to Chicory (Meganium), who sets up a Light Screen. The rest of the battle is patient walling as Leech Seed saps its health. I think it ran out of Sludge Bombs and Signal Beams, since she kept using Full Restore. It didn't get to use Struggle, but we won badge 14, the Soul Badge from her.

-Before moving on, we decide to visit the Battle Frontier for a bit. I really wanted Earth Power for Cilantro (Sunflora) like I had in my original SoulSilver file. But it costs 40 BP... I tried my hand at the Battle Arcade anyways. And won using Anise, Chicory, and Ginger (Victreebel) in doubles, even with some roulette mistakes and stupidity on my part. Unfortunately, that earned us only 2 BP. D: We tried again, and lost to a team with Psychic and Flying types, I think.
-I also attempted the Battle Castle. I was surprised how well I did here, actually, as I got a lot more castle points than I usually do per battle, thanks to the healingness of my team. Unfortunately, we lost at like the sixth battle to a water team (yes, you saw that right!), due to extreme hax. >_< Luvdisc with Sweet Kiss (man, I hate being confused--almost never hit through it in this battle) and Attract, Azumarill with ungodly luck (dodged a Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder with all Rollouts but the last one hitting), and Mantyke that was annoying with Icy Wind. Didn't help that Petal Dance is so unreliable in hitting the target you want, and that I forgot to buy a Persim Berry. Aaaahhhh! Sorry for the whininess, haha!
-With mainland Kanto all explored, it's time to take off on the sea. Cinnabar is the last "town" we need to visit. We go from Pallet, and clear the water routes around it and the Seafoam Islands (hehe, I noticed that these routes have trainers named Bert, Ernie, and Elmo, and I think Bert uses a pretty big bird ).
-With the sea routes cleared, we explore the frigid caverns of Seafoam, eventually stumbling upon Articuno. Cilantro takes care of it due to it being dumb, and we leave to heal.
-The "Cinnabar" gym was strange. Despite my entire team being weak to fire, many of the trainers opted not to use their fire attacks. Well, one tried to Overheat, but it missed and gave up on that idea. Huh, I'll take it. Now for Blaine himself. What a scorching battle it was! *brick'd again* Sage started things off nicely with a quick Earthquake against his Magcargo. However, he fell victim to Magmar's Overheat. This guy had a White Herb, so that was worrisome. I think I sent in Anise to fire off a Leech Seed before she also fainted from Overheat. So Chicory takes her place and sets up a Light Screen (and later, Reflect, 'cause I had nothing to do). Basically, he tanks several Overheats and Thunder Punches until Magmar faints from Leech Seed and Petal Dance. Rapidash is the last. Chicory takes two more Overheats before fainting (also using up Rapidash's White Herb in the process). I send out Ginger to attack with Sludge Bomb, as she survives a weakened Overheat. After a Full Restore and a Sludge Bomb, it uses Flare Blitz to knock out Ginger. Now, I'm worried, as I send out my last non-HM slave, Cilantro. Luckily, he survives a Flare Blitz, allowing him to get off a Leaf Storm in retaliation, ending the battle and earning us the Volcano Badge! That's 15!

-We return to the abandoned Cinnabar Island to talk Blue into returning to his gym in Viridian.
-We face off against Blue for the final badge in Viridian Gym. Quite a close battle, actually! Anise put Exeggutor to sleep, and switches out for Ginger. Sludge Bomb was a OHKO. Arcanine comes out, and I Stun Spore it immediately, surprised that Ginger was faster. Full paralysis allowed an extra turn of Sludge Bomb before Flare Blitz could take out Ginger. Sage finished the job with Earthquake. Next came the really annoying Pidgeot. I think Sage was able to get off one Ancient Power before going down. Anise came in to put it to sleep and seed it, as usual. Then she switched out for Cilantro, who set up Sunny Day and spammed Solar Beam. After one Full Restore, that Pidgeot finally went down, but Cilantro had taken heavy damage. Gyarados came in to finish him with a crit Ice Fang. I went with Chicory to set up Reflect, which prompted him to Dragon Dance! Chicory hit it twice with Petal Dance before getting confused. I think he hit himself twice, and Gyarados got in like four Dragon Dances... Still, Chicory walled it like a champ and an Overgrow-boosted Petal Dance ended this terror. Rhydon came out next and was immediately pummeled with Petal Dance, so that was it. His last was Machamp, and I switched out for Anise (who survived a Stone Edge) to fire off a Leech Seed. Another Stone Edge stopped my little seed sniper, so I brought out Thyme (Bellossom) to replace her. Thanks to No Guard (which I didn't know it had yet), Sleep Powder never missed. So, Machamp never touched Thyme. That is, until the very end, after he used three Full Restores, and he woke up early. Two Dynamic Punches, but that was it. We won the Earth Badge!

-Professor Oak called us, and we visited him. Got HM Rock Climb, which I reluctantly taught to Chicory. Oh, and he also gave us access to Mt. Silver.

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Chicory (Meganium, Bold, male) Lv. 58
Overgrow
@Light Clay
HP: 172/A: 111/D: 161/SpA: 119/SpD: 133/Spd: 119
-Petal Dance
-Reflect
-Rock Climb
-Light Screen

Ginger (Victreebel, Docile, female) Lv. 58
Chlorophyll
@Shell Bell
HP: 166/A: 153/D: 97/SpA: 132/SpD: 83/Spd: 127
-Leaf Blade
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Stun Spore

Anise (Jumpluff, Modest, female) Lv. 58
Chlorophyll
@BrightPowder
HP: 163/A: 76/D: 104/SpA: 95/SpD: 126/Spd: 168
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Thyme (Bellossom, Lonely, male) Lv. 58
Chlorophyll
@Big Root
HP: 182/A: 121/D: 119/SpA: 134/SpD: 143/Spd: 92
-Drain Punch
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Moonlight

Cilantro (Sunflora, Hasty, male) Lv. 58
Chlorophyll
@Miracle Seed
HP: 165/A: 112/D: 90/SpA: 155/SpD: 126/Spd: 77
-SolarBeam
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Storm

Sage (Tangrowth, Bashful, male) Lv. 58
Leaf Guard
@Leftovers
HP: 189/A: 147/D: 190/SpA: 140/SpD: 71/Spd: 92
-Power Whip
-Wring Out
-AncientPower
-Earthquake

And here's the fourth update for FireRed. I have all eight badges at this point!
Spoiler:

-We explore One Island and defeat Moltres at the top of Mt. Ember.
-We bring Bill's (Celio's?) meteorite to Two Island, but the recipient is preoccupied with his missing lunch that Lostelle was supposed to bring.
-So we go to Three Island to find this Lostelle. We beat the Kanto Federation, who's terrorizing the island, and we search for Lostelle in Berry Forest. After rescuing her from the creeper Hypno, we return to Two Island, and stuff happens.
-Back at One Island, the side quest ends, and we're returned to Cinnabar Island.
-We learn that Viridian Gym is open, and we go and fight for our eighth badge. Giovanni was simple, and I can't remember what happened. I want to say Azuki (Exeggutor) was instrumental here, but I can't be certain. Anyways, that's the Earth Badge for us, along with the TM for Earthquake.

-We battle with Rival west of Viridian. Alfalfa (Tangela) takes care of Pidgeot, but his Charizard destroys my entire party (Sleep Powder kept missing)! So we go back for a rematch. This time, Sleep Powder works, and I get in a Leech Seed. The rest wasn't too bad at all.
-Victory Road was not an easy stroll because of the trainers (and Golbat?), but we managed. Currently, we're at Indigo Plateau, but I think I'll do a little bit of grinding before moving on to the Elite Four. ^-^

The team so far:
Spoiler:

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old March 12th, 2013 (09:43 AM).
Pyromaniac45

Username: Pyromaniac45
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, S, P, B
As apparent from my username, I'm a fan of fire type pokemon, so I'm going to give this monotype challenge a new spin... type I've had very little respect for. Grass.

I started Fire Red, picked Bulbasaur, and made my way to Pewter City.
Bulbasaur Lv. 12
Time: 0:28
Old March 12th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
RefinedHornet

update for my Dark Run
-trained Eevee until it was able to learn Bite
-challenged Fantina and beat her
-trained so i could get past the rival
-trained some more for Veilstone Gym
-Eevee evolved into Umbreon
-defeated Maylene
-helped Dawn get her Pokedex back

Team:
Umbreon
Lv. 43

HM Slaves:
Bidoof
-Cut

Psyduck
-Rock Smash

Noctowl
-Defog
-Fly
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old March 12th, 2013 (07:39 PM).
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Okay, just finished Ice-Mono Emerald and am also almost finished Flying-Mono Emerald, here are my results for Ice:

Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge: Emerald

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wozza Lv.57 Male
Ability: Thick Fat

Moves:
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Surf
Blizzard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loch Lv.56 Male
Ability: Water Absorb

Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colgate Lv.57 Male
Ability: Inner Focus

Moves:
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Earthquake

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'll start the Platinum portion of my Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge, not looking forward to using an Eevee for most of the game though... ugh...

On Hold:
Old March 12th, 2013 (08:15 PM).
Necrum
Rebirth

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by ScubaDouch3:
I think I'll start the Platinum portion of my Ultimate Ice-Mono Challenge, not looking forward to using an Eevee for most of the game though... ugh...
Yeah. That Platinum sucks for Ice, but is also the best game for it. So many to choose from!

I'm gonna be a little late on my weekly update, because my job sucks and my schedule is all firetrucked up. So Thursday is my only day off.

The Monotype Challenge
The Ones That Got Away
Contest Super Star Challenge

Power to the People Giveaway!
Friend Code: 1435-4289-9306

NecrumWarrior Plays Stuff
Old March 13th, 2013 (04:41 AM).
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

Kanto now has a new Flying-type Master! The LeafGreen run of this challenge is officially complete, and I'm off to give SoulSilver a go.

Lorelei was actually the most difficult part of the Elite Four - Bruno was a piece of cake, and Agatha was easy enough after having taught Golbat Shadow Ball. Even Lance fell to the powers of my Dragonite, Charizard and Aerodactyl. My nemesis, Kean, was a bit of a challenge, but Charizard and Butterfree pulled off a beautiful piece of teamwork with Sunny Dance and Solarbeam, which handily took Blastoise down.

Detailed description of my final team:

Spoiler:

Charizard, lv. 56
Male // Modest // Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Dragon Claw
- Metal Claw

My main man, always has been, always will be. With an insane Sp. Attack and a killer Flamethrower, he roasts everything in his way. Seriously, though, even though this guy provided very, very limited coverage, he was a beast. Hell, it's Charizard, of course he's a beast.

Golbat, lv. 50
- Shadow Ball
- Aerial Ace
- Confuse Ray
- Poison Fang

I had my doubts using Golbat, knowing I would never have a Crobat before obtaining the National Dex - meaning after completing the run. I will evolve him now, but that's a different story. Anyway, he turned out useful enough. Especially after learning Shadow Ball, he became a bit of a beast in the Elite Four, killing off two Gengar and a Haunter.

Fearow, lv. 51
Female // Adamant // Keen Eye
- Fly
- Agility
- Drill Peck
- Return

Very neutral, very little coverage. Hits hard and hits fast, and Drill Peck is insane. Obviously, so is Return. Love you, Fearow, you're cool. Never used Fearow before.

Dragonite, lv. 55
Male // Bashful // Inner Focus
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam

It goes without saying that Dragonite is a beast. But before evolveing into a Dragonite, Dragonair actually wasn't much use. But battling the Elite Four, Dragonite simply turned out to be a complete boss. No surprises there.

Butterfree, lv. 50
Female // Modest // Compoundeyes
- Solarbeam
- Sleep Powder
- Safeguard
- Psychic

I did a solo run with a Butterfree once, so I would never do a Flying Monotype run in Kanto without this gal. She has great coverage, and Compundeyes + Sleep Powder is precious. Also has a decent Sp. Attack for a bug that's fully evolved at lv. 10. A damn solid team member.

Aerodactyl, lv. 51
Male // Adamant // Pressure
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Bite

Christ, Aerodactyl is awesome. Hits hard and incredibly fast and has great coverage in Earthquake and Rock Slide. Just a beast.

Anyway, I'm off to make all of Johto shiver and make Falkner look like a simple Bird Tamer.
Old March 13th, 2013 (09:26 AM).
Pyromaniac45

Day two: one hit ko’d both of brocks pokemon! Woah!
Got the running shoes
Bulbasaur evolved on route 3
Youngster calvin and his spearow ko’d my ivysaur by pecking him to death. : (
Caught a paras in mt. moon!
Chose a dome fossil
Rival fight!
Pidgeotto. Used sleep powder, and tackled him to KO!! Muhaha!
Charmander: tried to use paras to paralyze him, but got one hit ko’d. used ivysaur and tried to use sleep powder, but missed. Ember took about 40% of my health. Sleep power hit on the second try, and then tackled him to a KO!
Abra: tackled him to KO, only took two hits.
Rattaa, vine whipped to Ko. Only took one hit.
Caught an Oddish!
Gym Battle #2: Misty!
Oddish absorbed the life right out of Staryu. Then did the exact same thing to Starmie! Boo-yeah!
After the battle with Misty, Oddish evolved into Gloom!
Decided to drop Paras from my team, he was weak!! Designated him to a CUT hm slave.
Made it to vermilion!
Combed through the S.S Anne
Rival fight
Pidgeotto: Sleep powder and acid from Gloom made short work of him. Only got one gust in!
Kadabra: Used disable, and disabled my acid! Got hit with confusion and was brought to 15hp!! I used sleep powder, and was disabled no more. Acid 1 hit ko’d Kadabra.
Charmeleon: Finished off my Gloom with an ember. Ivysaur used sleep powder, then Razor leaf. Charmeleon woke up, and burned Ivysaur. Charmeleon fainted, leaving Ivysaur with 2 HP, and a burn.
Raticate: Shifted to Paras, and used the turn to use a super potion on my Ivysaur. Raticate took out Paras with one hyperfang. Ivysaur used razor leaf, and brough raticate down into the red. Hyper fang brought Ivysaur down to 12 health, and the burn brought him to 2 hp. I tried to use tackle, but raticates quick attack finished me off.
I’m going to beat the trainers on route 11, and then try again later.
Time – 3:10
Old March 13th, 2013 (09:37 AM).
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Water mono: B2
Where did I stop? (/shrug) Anyhoo, just defeated Skyla with minimal effort. For once I wasn't forced to go back outside after defeating the trainers in order to heal. Easy peasy. Can't wait til I get to Undella.

Current team:
Spoiler:
Samurott Lv. 43
Razor Shell|Return|Aqua Jet|Revenge

Azumarill Lv. 44
Superpower|Strength|Aqua Tail|Water Sport

Sidenote: Started a water monotype on LeafGreen. Gotten nowhere yet though.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 13th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

Okay, so I just started out on my SoulSilver Flying run, and I'm trying to decide on a team. I'm definitely going for Noctowl, I've actually never used it, but I've always thought it was cool. Kinda useless, maybe, because I've always just needed a Flying type for Fly. Now that that's not really a problem, I'm definitely going for Noctowl. Also, I sort of want to use the generic bird of every region. Except Pidgeot. And I want to use Crobat, too. Last run I couldn't evolve my Golbat, but Crobat's a beast, no question there. Maybe Jumpluff, too. I dunno.

Anyway, so far I've just started building my team. I'll do a bit of training, then I'll show Falkner who's the real Flying Master!

Spoiler:

Hoothoot, lv. 11
Female // Calm // Keen Eye
- Tackle
- Peck
- Foresight
- Hypnosis

Zubat, lv. 7
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
Old March 13th, 2013 (01:32 PM).
Necrum
Rebirth

Quote originally posted by Pekin:
Okay, so I just started out on my SoulSilver Flying run, and I'm trying to decide on a team. I'm definitely going for Noctowl, I've actually never used it, but I've always thought it was cool. Kinda useless, maybe, because I've always just needed a Flying type for Fly. Now that that's not really a problem, I'm definitely going for Noctowl. Also, I sort of want to use the generic bird of every region. Except Pidgeot. And I want to use Crobat, too. Last run I couldn't evolve my Golbat, but Crobat's a beast, no question there. Maybe Jumpluff, too. I dunno.

Anyway, so far I've just started building my team. I'll do a bit of training, then I'll show Falkner who's the real Flying Master!

Spoiler:

Hoothoot, lv. 11
Female // Calm // Keen Eye
- Tackle
- Peck
- Foresight
- Hypnosis

Zubat, lv. 7
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
I've actually heard good things about Noctowl. Since you're playing SoulSilver, you won't have access to Mantine unfortunately. But Skarmory would certainly be a cool choice, even if it is pretty late into the main game.

The Monotype Challenge
The Ones That Got Away

Old March 13th, 2013 (02:40 PM). Edited March 13th, 2013 by RefinedHornet.
RefinedHornet

very quick update on my Dark run

-went down Route 214 and caught a Houndour(which evolved into Houndoom on the first level-up)
-beat rival in Pastoria City
-caught a Skorupi in the Great Marsh

Team:
Umbreon
Lv. 44

Houndoom
Lv. 26

Skorupi
Lv. 27

HM Slaves:
Psyduck
-Rock Smash

Bidoof
-Cut

Noctowl
-Defog
-Fly

I am currently waiting for the Great Marsh to have a Skorupi.
In the meantime, I think I'll start the Black 2 part of this run.

I already did everything before the gym battle with Cheren in Black 2

Team:
Purrloin
Lv. 11
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old March 13th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
TheCrystalFlaaffy
The CyndaquilofWar

Nature: Jolly
Almost done Pearl for my Bug run.

Got Earthquake from wayward cave, taught it to Kabuteri.
So I took out Team Galactic once and for all.
Defeated Palkia.
Went to Sunyshore and challenged Volkner.
vs
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Vespiquinn
Level 41
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
Gust, Power Gem, Hidden Power, Heal Order

Kabuteri
Level 42
Ability: Guts
Take Down, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Earthquake

Drop D
Level 42
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swarm
X-scissor, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Swords Dance

Garmeil
Level 41
Hidden Power, Gust, Psybeam, Confusion

Scizorhand
Level 41
Ability: Technician
Slash, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Bullet Punch

Deedee
Level 41
Silver Wind, Mega Drain, Shadow Ball, Stun Spore

I'm really underleveled and gonna have to do some serious grinding four the Elite Four.
Old March 14th, 2013 (03:57 PM).
Necrum
Rebirth

Updated through post #1368

The Monotype Challenge
The Ones That Got Away

Old March 14th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Okay, so the first part of the Ice-Mono challenge on Platinum has been pretty uneventful, so I basically picked Turtwig,

went through the first 2 gyms and grabbed their badges , then went to Hearthome and grabbed my female

Eevee and named her "Glacia", then I trained her up until she learned Bite and proceeded to barely get through

Fantina's gym for the Relic Badge. Oh, I am NOT looking forward to this Eevee Solo run, just 3 more Gym's to go

and I can have a Glaceon and a myriad of other Ice Types.

On Hold:
Old March 14th, 2013 (08:28 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Update #9 for my HeartGold grass monotype run is just miscellaneous stuff after the 16th badge and before Red. Might as well give an update while I'm here.
Spoiler:
-I don't remember the order in which I did things, but I did some exploration with Rock Climb and Waterfall (I forgot to check the cliffs last time).
-On the way, I did some training against trainers who wanted rematches and reached and defeated Lugia, Suicune, Moltres, Zapdos, and Mewtwo. Lugia's Aeroblast was scary, but we managed to get through it alright. Oh, I actually caught a shiny Parasect in Cerulean Cave too! ^-^ Cool that it actually fits into this monotype team, but it's kinda late for it, and I have a full party.
-Currently training for Red. Oh man, so much grinding to do... D:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Chicory (Meganium, Bold, male) Lv. 62
Overgrow
@Light Clay
HP: 184/A: 118/D: 171/SpA: 127/SpD: 142/Spd: 127
-Petal Dance
-Reflect
-Rock Climb
-Light Screen

Ginger (Victreebel, Docile, female) Lv. 62
Chlorophyll
@Shell Bell
HP: 176/A: 163/D: 104/SpA: 140/SpD: 88/Spd: 136
-Leaf Blade
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Stun Spore

Anise (Jumpluff, Modest, female) Lv. 62
Chlorophyll
@BrightPowder
HP: 173/A: 81/D: 111/SpA: 102/SpD: 134/Spd: 179
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Thyme (Bellossom, Lonely, male) Lv. 61
Chlorophyll
@Big Root
HP: 191/A: 127/D: 126/SpA: 141/SpD: 150/Spd: 97
-Drain Punch
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Return

Cilantro (Sunflora, Hasty, male) Lv. 62
Chlorophyll
@Miracle Seed
HP: 176/A: 119/D: 96/SpA: 165/SpD: 135/Spd: 82
-SolarBeam
-Sunny Day
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Storm

Sage (Tangrowth, Bashful, male) Lv. 61
Leaf Guard
@Leftovers
HP: 199/A: 154/D: 199/SpA: 147/SpD: 75/Spd: 97
-Power Whip
-Wring Out
-AncientPower
-Earthquake

And the fifth and final update for FireRed! Just defeated the Elite Four and the Champion/Rival! I'm not surprised I finished this before HeartGold.
Spoiler:
-Lorelei was a bit annoying with her Ice Beams. So, I decided to annoy her back. Fava (Shiftry) defeated her Dewgong after she used one of her Full Restores. Slowbro's Yawn made me switch out twice, and I eventually brought out Garlic (Venusaur). This is where I began my torment. Sleep Powder + Leech Seed + Substitute = fun! Pepper in some Razor Leaf, and this strategy got me through Slowbro, Lapras, and Jynx. Cloyster only needed a single Razor Leaf.

-Bruno was simple. It was all Azuki (Exeggutor) with Solar Beam and Psychic. All OHKOs.

-Agatha was tough because of Sludge Bomb. Fava defeated her first Gengar using Extrasensory, but the second one had Sludge Bomb, so Fava fainted here. Azuki finished the job though. I think she may have defeated Golbat too, but I can't remember it clearly. After Golbat was Arbok. I misjudged the speed difference, and ended up losing a lot of HP and getting poisoned (Lum Berry healed this though). Switched back to Garlic to finish it with SubSeed. Haunter was last, and I was hoping to have Azuki finish the battle. Unfortunately Hypnosis and Curse didn't let her. But I had an idea! Garlic's Substitute seems to shut down Haunter completely, so I did just that. Easy pickings. Revived the team in preparation for the next battle.

-Lance was about as difficult as Agatha. Alfalfa (Tangela) started off the battle with Sleep Powder and Sunnybeaming, which knocked out Gyarados and Aerodactyl. Dragonite finished him off, though. I think I brought out Cassava (Parasect) next, hoping to get in a Spore, but I think I lost her to a Wing Attack or something. So, SubSeed time. After some(?) Full Restores on Dragonite, Garlic was running low on PP from the last few battles. So I put Dragonite to sleep, switched to Fava, and finished it off. The two Dragonair were no problem for Fava, even after a Full Restore. Healed the team mostly up to full, and used my only Elixir on Garlic.

-The final battle! This match against my rival ProfOak was really annoying. I forgot who he began with, so I had Cassava up against his Pidgeot. Bad start! I immediately lost Cassava to Aerial Ace, but it wasn't for nothing... Effect Spore paralyzed it! Azuki came in and Psychic'd it to oblivion. Gyarados came out next, and I used Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to stall it as I used an X Speed, X Accuracy (to make up for Pidgeot's Sand-Attack), and one or two X Specials to prepare. Azuki defeated the Gyarados, and out came the terror I was prepping for: Charizard. Unfortunately, I overestimated Azuki's speed and underestimated his Charizard's (always with Azuki! >_<), so that single X Speed wasn't enough. Fire Blast, and I lost Azuki. He proceeded to OHKO my entire team with Fire Blast, which somehow never missed and even got a crit once. I used a Max Revive on Garlic somewhere during the slaughter, so I was fine. It turns out that he ran out of PP for Fire Blast, but that didn't stop the crits from Aerial Ace and Slash. I used an X Defend to allow Garlic to survive two Aerial Aces, and that helped a lot. From here, I proceeded with my usual strategy, and also revived Arugula (Vileplume) for backup just in case. After some Full Restores on that wretched Charizard, it finally went down. During the time it was still up, I was buffing Garlic with various X items (and a Dire Hit) in preparation for everything else (too bad there aren't any X Sp. Def. in this game). So, Alakazam, Exeggutor, and Rhydon went down quite easily. There's a new champion now!

My team was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and it was glorious:

One region down, four to go!

The team before the Elite Four (I wasn't able to get screenshots post-E4 because I couldn't get my FireRed rom to go into the post-game for some reason--weird since I don't have that problem with Emerald):
Spoiler:

I believe Garlic, Fava, and Azuki were Level 58 after the final battle, with Garlic being really close to 59.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old March 15th, 2013 (01:49 AM).
TrollShammy80
Loved all Pokemon Since 98'

Nature: Quiet
I totally forgot to sign up for this...I'm recording the boss battles for youtube

Name: TrollShammy80
Challenge: Single
Game: Yin Black
Mono Type: Fighting
Team (Planned):
Emboar/Gallade/Conkeldurr or Hariyama or Machamp/Lucario/Scarfty/Toxicroak

www.youtube.com/trollshammy80

I've did alot in the first bit as you will see :D

Proud MLP Fan/NCIS/Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/CSI and many others
RIP: Step Mom 7/17/53-7/2/13
RIP: Uncle Jesse ???-1/3/2014
"I do breed for IVs/Ev's...but I always remember to have fun playing Pokemon"
"I always play for fun on my emulators and Y version only"
www.youtube.com/trollshammy80
Old March 15th, 2013 (03:44 AM).
Pekin
I make Fakemon sprites.

Quote originally posted by NecrumWarrior:
I've actually heard good things about Noctowl. Since you're playing SoulSilver, you won't have access to Mantine unfortunately. But Skarmory would certainly be a cool choice, even if it is pretty late into the main game.
Yeah, I definitely look forward to finally putting Noctowl to use. And yeah, it kinda sucks that I don't get to use Mantine - another Pokémon I've actually never used before. Skarmory might be a bit too late into the main game for me, and I only have two spots left on my team, so I think I'm gonna use Skarmory in my Emerald run instead - my team now consists of Hoothoot, Zubat, Hoppip and Togepi. For the last two, I'm considering Gyarados and Yanmega, but nothing's really certain yet.
Old March 15th, 2013 (04:40 AM).
Punnagg
Advanced Spriter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Punnagg
>Started game with Lv.5 Bulbasaur
>Caught & evolved Weedle into Beedrill
>Defeated Brock

>Caught Zubat & Nidoran (f)
>Defeated Rival on Nugget Bridge
>Defeated Misty

>Nidoran evolved to Nidorina & Bulbasaur to Ivysaur
>Defeated Lt. Surge

>Zubat evolved to Golbat & Ivysaur to Venasaur
>Defeated Givonni
>Defeated Erika

>Caught Haunter

Spoiler:
My Team

Dionysus

Lv.:- 34
Ability:- Overgrow

HP:- 101
Attack:- 70
Defense:- 74
Special Attack:- 81
Special Defense:- 74
Speed:- 65

-Tackle
-Razor Leaf
-Vine Whip
-Poison Powder

Pallas

Lv.:- 27
Ability:- Swarm

HP:- 76
Attack:- 58
Defense:- 33
Special Attack:- 30
Special Defense:- 53
Speed:- 50

-Fury Attack
-Twin Needle
-Cut
-Poison Sting

Selene

Lv.:- 33
Ability:- Inner Focus

HP:- 102
Attack:- 67
Defense:- 63
Special Attack:- 53
Special Defense:- 63
Speed:- 76

-Leech Life
-Astonish
-Wing Attack
-Bite

Demeter

Lv.:- 34
Ability:- Poison Point

HP:- 114
Attack:- 69
Defense:- 73
Special Attack:- 60
Special Defense:- 70
Speed:- 67

-Body Slam
-Dig
-Bite
-Double Kick

Erebus

Lv.:- 31
Ability:- Levitate

HP:- 73
Attack:- 38
Defense:- 38
Special Attack:- 82
Special Defense:- 49
Speed:- 60

-Shadow Punch
-Curse
-Night Shade
-Confuse Ray

Old March 15th, 2013 (05:58 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I just defeated Elesa in my flying run on Volt White 2 (man that was hard). Here is my team:

Butterfree level 39
Staraptor level 38
Shelgon level 38
Charizard level 38

All are doing great particularly Shelgon who is very strong now.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old March 15th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Harmonixer3500
Pokémon Master

Another update although a small one this time (serves me right for signing up for 7 challenges at once). Finished training my team to level 20. Faced Misty and beat her fairly quickly (tried to get Zubat some exp since it seems to have a harder time than the other 3) but triumphed.
Attached Images
File Type: png Ivysaur.PNG‎ (6.6 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Beedrill.PNG‎ (6.9 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Nidorino.PNG‎ (6.4 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Zubat.PNG‎ (6.2 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Trainer Card Denthos.PNG‎ (5.0 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links