The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Advertise here
UMC Bug, Unova: Update 2

- I beat the 3rd gym no problem
- Colress took a while because his steel-types resisted literally every move i have
- I caught Blockhead the lv. 19 Dwebble
- Trained against the bazilion people around Nimbasa. Stampede evolved again ->
- The 4th gym was a battle against Static and parahax
- I caught Charlesthe lv. 23 Karrablast, who i immediately evolved to Escavalier->
- The 5th gym was a battle against flinch-hax I lost twice and then finally won convincingly when he not only didn't get a flinch on Rock Slide, but missed it altogether.
- I then realized i could have gone and caught a Joltik all along, so i did so and called it Webz
- I went to the move-tutor and got Bug Bite and Iron Head on Charles, and Signal Beam on Webz
- Went to the move relearner to get Stampede Megahorn

Team:

Beleafe, the lv. 32 Leavanny First half MVP

Razor Leaf, Bug Bite, Slash, String Shot
"Still going strong as the team's main damage dealer"

Stampede, the lv. 31 Scolipede

Poison Tail, Bug Bite, Bulldoze, Megahorn
"Was stuck between not being as strong as Beleafe, and not as type-covering as Blockhead, but Megahorn might very well give him his niche"

Blockhead, the lv. 31 Dwebble

Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Bug Bite
"Rock and ground moves made him useful even before he caught up in levels. He is already a powerhouse, with even greater potential"

Charles, the lv. 30 Escavalier

Iron Head, Bug Bite, Headbutt, Bug Buzz
"The short while I've had him he has been showing off with his huge Attack stat"

Webz, the lv. 27 Joltik

Signal Beam, Electroweb, Volt Switch, Slash
"Literally caught him 5 minutes before i started writing this post"
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
kirax7, you're playing the Italian version too? I see that Lance said "It's over" in your last pic.

Electric Update #1 - Gialla, Cristallo, and Emerald
I'm just taking pics of team instead of each boss because it saves a lot of time.

Gialla (Yellow): 3 Badges
Cristallo (Crystal): 5 Badges
Emerald: 2 Badges

Gialla, I hacked in Electabuzz on Route 10 at level 20 (right before Rock Tunnel), then saved afterwards
Spoiler:
Thundershock, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Agility
Tackle, Sonicboom, Thunderbolt, Thundershock
Quick Attack, Leer

Cristallo, I traded a Mareep Egg(no egg moves) from my storage Crystal using VBA-link
Spoiler:
Headbutt, Fire Punch, Thundershock, Thunderpunch
Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Dizzy Punch, Ice Punch
Spark, Supersonic, Flail, Surf

and finally, Emerald
Spoiler:
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Water Monotype Challenge - Update 1
FireRed | Marko

Started my journey by picking Squirtle as my starter Pokemon. Surprisingly enough, she was female so after being stumped about what to name her eventually went with Peaches. The first part of the game was easy with only a little grinding before facing my rival, Polo, at the route beside Viridian. Everything else up to defeat Brock was easy. Peaches evolved into a Wartortle a bit before the battle even. After the battle I bought the Magikarp at the Pokemon Center and named him Percy. Then there was the long trek through Mount Moon with a Wartortle and a useless Magikarp before reaching Cerulean. The fossil I picked up was the Helix Fossil in which I do hope to turn into an Omanyte and might use on my team. My impatience was already showing through later when I went to defeat Misty with a level 18-19 Percy and Peaches, but hey. We won. Soon after while heading down to Vermillion City Percy evolved into a Gyarados so the S.S. Anne was easy (though I missed the Body Slam TM. Whoops oh well) and now after I catch an Oddish (HM Slave) work my way to defeating Lt. Surge. Hopefully the battle won't be too difficult.

Peaches (Wartortle) ♀ | Lonely | Level 28
Mega Punch, Water Gun, Bite, Withdraw

Percy (Gyarados) ♂ | Naughty | Level 26
Splash, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage

Last edited by Sora; June 5th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:21 AM
kirax7

Nature: Jolly
@WarriorCat yes I'm playing the Italian version of every game xD not that I can't play the English one xD

#3 Update for Monobug - Crystal

-got Metal Coat
-evolvedintoas soon as I got to Vermillion City

: difficulty 0/5
*with Earthquake OHKO everyone

-done Rock Tunnel
-got the machine piece
-got the Radio expansion
-wokeup

: diffciulty 0/5
2 Swords-Dance and Steel Wing OHKO everyone

-defeated Rival in Mt.Moon
-talked to Blue at Cinnabar Island

*Earthquake *_*

-done every possible Route left
-done Cycling Road

Psychic OHKO everyone

: diffciulty 0/5
2 Swords-Dance OHKO everyone

Wing Attack OHKO everyone

: difficulty 3/5
*was a pain butwith Rapid Claws killed him the others were easy

just learnt Megahorn xD

-defeated Rival at Indigo Plateau
-got the access to Mt.Silver
-defeated E4 and Lance a couple of times before go to Mt. Silver

vs: difficulty 5/5 xD
vs3 Swords-Dance while healing and waiting for Thunder to miss 3-5
vsWing Attack 3-4
vs.... Rapid Claws worked and Slash did a critical hit... 124 tries.... @.@ 3-3
vsSlash 3-2
vsSlash 3-1
vsRapid Claws whoo xD Steel wing 3-0

Final Team:
LV56
Male | ////
Psybeam
Supersonic
Psychic
Sleep Powder

LV57
Female | Amulet Coin
Strength
Earthquake
Megahorn
Reversal

LV58 MVP
Female | Rapid Claws
Slash
Swords-Dance
Wing Attack
Steel Wing

Red Screenshot:

Ultimate Psychic Monotype: Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Necrum
Professional Super Villain

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorCat View Post
Gialla, I hacked in Electabuzz on Route 10 at level 20 (right before Rock Tunnel), then saved afterwards
I'm sorry, hacking is not allowed. You are free to trade that Pokemon in since it is version exclusive to Red, but hacking is still not allowed, even for this circumstance. Please release the hacked Electabuzz.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:55 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I'm sorry, hacking is not allowed. You are free to trade that Pokemon in since it is version exclusive to Red, but hacking is still not allowed, even for this circumstance. Please release the hacked Electabuzz.
Okay, sorry, luckily I haven't used him yet, I'll release him when I can start the game again.

Can I trade one from my storage Crystal with Fire Punch and Ice Punch. It's level 15. I'm asking because the moves.

Last edited by WarriorCat; June 5th, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Thebeast21799

Nature: Relaxed
This challenge just keeps getting better and better, Update #4 on the way. I left off when I defeated Lt. Surge, and I bought 10 repels for Rock Tunnel before heading out. I reached Route 5 and realised I didn't have a bicycle yet, so I had to backtrack to Vermillion City to get the bike voucher to trade in for a bicycle. Once I got that, the game didn't seem so slow anymore, and Slendy breezed through every trainer on the way to Rock Tunnel. In the process of battling, Slendy evolved into Charizard. Yay . Now that I had a Charizard, Rock Tunnel was much easier, and although Slendy did run out of PP for ember towards the end, he had mega punch and slash to compensate for ember. After exiting Rock Tunnel, I avoided the trainer outside the cave and prepared to catch Vulpix and get Eevee. Apparently on Route 8, in order to get to the patch of grass that you must cut, you must battle either the gambler or the lass, so I chose to battle the lass. Of course, with Slendy, she was pretty easy, although sing was annoying. T_T Anway, it felt like forever before I finally found and caught a Vulpix with 1 great ball. Nicknamed it Pixxy, and avoided the rest of the trainers. Upon arrive in Celadon City, I immediatly went to pick up my Eevee and nicknamed it FlameNFame. This is where I am for now, and I must go grind Vulpix and Eevee on routes 8,10, and 11. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.40 with: Scratch, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl.15(lol under-leveled by a lot) with: Ember and Tail Whip; and FlameNFame the Eevee with: Tackle and Sand-Attack O_o. Anyway, any moveset suggestions are always welcome, and as always good luck to everyone attempting this, and if you find any errors in my typing, it's most likely the tablet I'm using. :p See you later with an update.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, sorry, luckily I haven't used him yet, I'll release him when I can start the game again.

Can I trade one from my storage Crystal with Fire Punch and Ice Punch. It's level 15. I'm asking because the moves.
I was puzzled by this rule actually
I would imagine you should be able to get Electabuzz in the version you can't get him in at the point where you would be able to get it in the counterpart, at the level you would be able to get it in the counterpart. It wouldn't make sense that you can get it at the start in the game it does not appear in, and not in the one he does (Which would kinda defeat a point of the challenge if you could)

Aside from that, i don't see why a distinction between trading and hacking should be needed for challenges, they are equally much cheating if overdone.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
kirax7

#4 Update for Monobug - Sapphire

-picked
-done beginning stuff
-caught the Hardy Femaleon Route 101
-evolved intoon Route 102
-done Wally Tutorial
-evolved intoon Route 104
-caught the Hasty Femaleon Route 116

: difficulty 3/5
*6 x-defense onand Confusion + a lot of healing

-defeated Team Idro
-delievered the letter

: diffiuclty 0/5
*had Confusion not hard at all

-defeated Team Idro at Museum
-grinding ...so slow
-defeated May
-defeated Wally
-evolved intoandon Route 117
-deposited

: difficulty 5/5
*had to useand avoid being hit by Supersonic so 6 Double Team and 6 x-attack + Fury Cutter and done in 248 tries ....

-NOT doing Cycling Road
-got Strength
-done Meteor Falls
-defeated Team Idro

: diffciulty 2/5
... 6 Double Teams + 3 Swords-Dance + Dig...almost easy xD

-got's Fossil
-revived the Lax Male

-grinding
-done Cycling Road
-done Trick House
-done Desert

: difficulty 1/5
3 Swords-Dance and Slash OHKO

-done Water Routes
-doneRoute
-defeated Team Idro
-defeated May
-got Devonscope

: difficulty 5/5
was hell but with a lot of healing and 2 Swords-Dance I won xD

-doneRoute and ghost Routes
-evolved intoon Route 121

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Okay, sorry, luckily I haven't used him yet, I'll release him when I can start the game again. :)

As long as you are at Goldenrod, which is where those TMs are found, I see no problem with it.

Also, thanks for understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
I was puzzled by this rule actually ~_~
I would imagine you should be able to get Electabuzz in the version you can't get him in at the point where you would be able to get it in the counterpart, at the level you would be able to get it in the counterpart. It wouldn't make sense that you can get it at the start in the game it does not appear in, and not in the one he does (Which would kinda defeat a point of the challenge if you could)

Aside from that, i don't see why a distinction between trading and hacking should be needed for challenges, they are equally much cheating if overdone.
I know my rule on the subject is a little unorthodox, but you have to keep in mind that before I took over, there was no trading or hacking AT ALL unless you met the no Pokemon before 3rd gym rule. The way I see it, if you're limited to one type, you should be free to use every Pokemon of that type within the dex. The reason that I want you to trade it specifically, is because it means you would be using one naturally generated, and one that definitely matches your team's level, since you can only trade it in if it doesn't exceed the level your team is at. You are using a Pokemon from that version exclusive. I simply wanted to add a way to make all Pokemon available without ruining the integrity of the challenge, which is an inherently strict challenge to begin with.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:
I know my rule on the subject is a little unorthodox, but you have to keep in mind that before I took over, there was no trading or hacking AT ALL unless you met the no Pokemon before 3rd gym rule. The way I see it, if you're limited to one type, you should be free to use every Pokemon of that type within the dex. The reason that I want you to trade it specifically, is because it means you would be using one naturally generated, and one that definitely matches your team's level, since you can only trade it in if it doesn't exceed the level your team is at. You are using a Pokemon from that version exclusive. I simply wanted to add a way to make all Pokemon available without ruining the integrity of the challenge, which is an inherently strict challenge to begin with.
I understand your reasoning now, thanks for the explanation. I won't be using it, but its a good rule to have around
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Pikayosh
Epic Pikachu

UserName:pikachu
Type:Grass
Challenge:ultimate
game(s):platinum
Pokemon:Torterra,Tropius,Abomasnow,Roserade,Tangrowth
Also can someone tell me what's the difference between single and ultimate

PM me if you want to Join the team!
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Thebeast21799

Yay, training for my new team members is done, almost. Overall, in terms of stats and moves, my team is average. One thing I want to point out is, if you catch a Vulpix, prepare for a long training session, because Vulpix is in the slow exp. group. It seemed to take forever to train Pixxy from Lvl.15 to Lvl.20. Although it did take a little training, Pixxy defeated all train on Route 11(route east of Vermillion, in case any of you are wondering.). As soon as Pixxy reached Lvl.25(level of FlameNFame), then IN trained the both of them against remaining trainers left. Wow, I spent a solid 3 hours just training the both of them. When I grinded the both of them to usable levels, I went to battle Erika. I went and bought 2 fire stones, one for Pixxy, the other for FlameNFame, which I immediatly evolved into Flareon. Oh, I forgot to mention I obtained Fly, which I taught to spearow(HM slave). That is how I easily trained up at route 11. Anyway, Celadon gym wasn't hard, just plain annoying. Why, if I have fire types? Because in gen 1, wrap actually wouldn't allow you to attack for up to 5 turns. The grass types also exploited status moves, so they'd poison my pokemon and then use wrap on the following turn. Before facing Erika, I bought 3 super potions(stupid wrap/bind), antidotes(poisonpowder), paralyze heals(didn't know if Erika's pokemon knew stun spore), and awakings(sleeppowder). Overall, the battle was mostly Erika's pokemon using status moves/wrap/bind, and vileplume actually tried using Petal Dance. What an idiot. Anyway, FlameNFame swept the gym, even though it didn't learn ember until defeating Victrebel. Using only 1 super potion(wrap can be so annoying) and 2 antidotes, FlameNFame make some fried celery out of Erika. 4 badges down, 4 to go. That is where I saved and decided to type this. Oh, and another thing I didn't mention is that IS won't evolve Pixxy until it learns flamethrower and fire spin, which is like Lvl.43 or something like that. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard(needs a new nickname) Lvl.40 with: Scratch, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl.31 with: Ember, Confuse Ray, Dig, and Quick Attack; and FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.31 with: Tackle, Sand-Attack(I'll be very glad to get rid of you), Quick Attack, and Ember. As always, any moveset suggestions are welcome, and before I finish this, I want to ask NecrumWarrior a question: When I beat Blue/Gary(rival's name) while he'w champion, am I allowed to extend my run to update a battle against Mewtwo? Been thinking about it while doing this run and decided to ask. Thanks to anyone who has been following this run, because I am pleased with my progress, and thanks to anyone who has helped with moveset suggestions, and thanks to NecrumWarrior for having this thread up, and good luck to anyone else attempting this challenge, and later, I'll have update #6. Forgot to say this was update #5, and I am capable of beating this game right now, but I am trying to enjoying myself as much as I can with this challenge. See you guys(and girls) later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikayosh View Post
UserName:pikachu
Type:Grass
Challenge:ultimate
game(s):platinum
Pokemon:Torterra,Tropius,Abomasnow,Roserade,Tangrowth
Also can someone tell me what's the difference between single and ultimate
The difference: A single is where you go through one game with a type and ultimate is where you play a game for all five regions. Example: I'm doing a ultimate fire monotype playing the games Blue(kanto), Crystal(johto), Emerald(Hoenn), Platinum(sinnoh), and Black 2(Unova). You can ask the more experienced people here because Iny joined yesterday, but hopefully I cleared things up for you. Good luck.

Last edited by Thebeast21799; June 5th, 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Water Monotype Challenge - Update 2
FireRed | Marko

I know that this is so soon after my last update but a lot of things happened! First was the battle against Lt. Surge. To put it shortly, he was a pushover. The battle was far easier than I thought it was going to be. So after his defeat I made my way through Rock Tunnel and eventually into Celadon. During that time Peaches evolved into Blastoise! I opted out on Eevee because I will not be using Vaporeon (I've used Vaporeon before) so after defeating Team Rocket I went and fought Erika. Parahax was a pain in the butt and a bit bump in the road to defeating her, but I was still the victor. Went to Lavender Town and did the Pokemon Tower stuff, easily defeating my rival yadda yadda. Then went down to Fuchsia by the water route (after defeating the Snorlax of course), and after going into the Safari Zone for Surf HM and the Gold Teeth defeated Koga. That was also quite easy.

Now, after I defeated Koga it was finally time to go and get more members of my team. First I went to the Seaform Islands and first caught a Seel. However, while I was trying to work my way through I found a Dewgong so I decided to catch that one and use it on my team. I named him Frank. After going through the island I was at Cinnabar Island when I then revived my Helix Fossil into Neptune the Omanyte. Finally, I went and caught a decent level Tentacool and named him Poseidon. Now I'm currently trying to grind the three of them so they are at least level 40 or so before going to Saffron and doing everything there. This would be far easier if certain Pokemon didn't get poisoned every battle that involved a Poison Pokemon but what can you do. That said I haven't really messed with their movesets yet. Just trying to get 'em up there before I do.

Peaches (Wartortle) ♀ | Lonely | Level 45
Mega Punch, Surf, Bite, Rain Dance

Percy (Gyarados) ♂ | Naughty | Level 45
Twister, Strength, Bite, Hydro Pump

Frank (Dewgong) ♂ | Naive | Level 35
Sheer Cold, Icy Wind, Aurora Beam, Rest

Neptune (Omanyte) ♂ | Serious | Level 23
Constrict, Withdraw, Bite, Water Gun

Poseidon (Tentacool) ♂ | Quiet | Level 22
Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Acid

Last edited by Sora; June 6th, 2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
SubVirus

Username: SubVirus
Type: Poison
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Liquid Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2
Current: Fire Red. Just restarted.... again
I ended up having to start over because i misread one of the rules... so i chose to use the randomizer again and it landed on Poison. I'll be dropping my Dark run for the time being... but i'll probably pick it up again after Poison is done

X:

Last edited by SubVirus; June 5th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeast21799 View Post
The difference: A single is where you go through one game with a type and ultimate is where you play a game for all five regions. Example: I'm doing a ultimate fire monotype playing the games Blue(kanto), Crystal(johto), Emerald(Hoenn), Platinum(sinnoh), and Black 2(Unova). You can ask the more experienced people here because Iny joined yesterday, but hopefully I cleared things up for you. Good luck. :)
This is pretty accurate. It is of note that any single play through can be turned into an Ultimate if you want.
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM
BrakeNeck

Firos and Aerith succeeded in achieving level 30.
I then proceeded to Celadon City and fought Erika for the Fourth Badge.
After defeating her Aerith and Firos were both level 32.
I then proceeded to acquiring Tea from the old lady, and then I began my quest to stop Team Rocket and acquiring the Silph Scope.
The Battle with Giovonni was difficult for Aerith and Firos, Aerith Fainted, but Firos pulled through and I obtained the Silph Scope, with both of them at level 34.
I then proceeded to Lavender town to try and resolve the issue with ghosts!
I saved Mr Fuji from team rocket with Aerith and Firos at level 36. I then proceeded to fight both of the lumbering pokemon on Route 8 and slumbering in Celadon City.
After Fighting both Snorlaxs and obtaining HM 02 Fly, I then proceeded down Biker's Road, around down Route 8 and 9 while leveling up both Firos and Aerith.
I then defeated Koga with Aerith at level 45, Firos at level 46, and Swarley at level 49.
I replaced my HM Slaves with Nidoking which I evolved from a Nidoran I caught in the Safari Zone using Rare Candy.
I then continued to Saffron City to challenge Sabrina, issues arose as Team Rocket took Silph Co. hostage.
I saved the President of Silph Co and was rewarded with a Masterball!
I then went to challenge Sabrina, after my fight with her, Aerith was level 51, while Firos and Swarley remained level 50. Aerith Evolved into an Arcanine and I now had my group of friends to fight the Elite Four, I just had to gain enough strength to defeat them.
Next on this path to victory was Blaine on Cinnabar Island.
Upon arriving to Cinnibar Island I discovered the gym was closed, so I decided to journey into the Old Mansion in hopes of finding a way to get inside.
After scouring all over I discovered the Secret Key and gained access to Blaines Gym, this was sure to be a firey battle!
Aerith and I ended up defeating all of Blaines pokemon, my next stop was back at Viridian City to the recently returned Gym Leader, I wonder who it could be?
Upon arriving to Viridian City it was Giovanni! The leader of team rocket, a gym leader? I fought him and his followers bravely and won, I then pursed my path to the Elite Four, all 8 badges in hand!
But for now, the journey ends for the night.

Current Game-Pokemon Fire Red.
Team-Arcanine(Aerith)-54,Charizard(Swarley)-54, and Flareon(Firos)-54.
Badges-8/8
Total Progress, going to train my Pokemon to level 70, then go challenge the Elite Four.

Current Challenges
Ultimate Monotype-Fire
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread-Arcanine
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Thebeast21799

Update #6, and damn did it take forever. After defeating Erika, I decided to kick Team Rocket outta Celadon City. For the most part, it was easy to defeat everyone. The only person I had trouble with was obviously Giovanni. Pixxy processed to sweep Giovanni, and defeated Onix and Rhyhorn with dig. However, Kangaskhan decided to be a ***** and use 4 critical hit comet punches in one turn, knocking Pixxy out. FlameNFame finished what Pixxy couldn't and avenged Pixxy's fainting. Receiving the Silph Scope upon defeating Giovanni, I decided to go straight to Pokemon Tower to investigate the mystery of the hauntings. I defeated Gary there, a nice sweep going on by Pixxy, until Wartortle the ***** came to save the day. Pixxy seemed to want to keep missing dig, and fainted again. FlameNFame again finished the job for Pixxy and beat Gary. From there, my team and I proceeded to the top of Pokemon Tower, where Pixxy andFlameNFame kicked Rocket ass(problem Giovanni?). Decidedly, I took the long route to Fuchsia City, just for exp. points. Since my team almost reached Slendy's level, I decided to use him again. Yay, Slendy came back. During the training at Pokemon Tower, Pixxy actually learned flamethrower, which give him new potential. Overall, it took forever to reach Fuchsia City, and before I saved at Fuchsia City, I did something I won't regret: I taught Slendy Body Slam. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.42 with: Body Slam, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl.39 with: Ember, Flamethrower, Dig, and Quick Attack; and FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.40 with: Tackle, Bite, Quick Attack, Ember. Whew, tomorrow, I'll beat Koga, obtain Surf and Strength, beat Team Rocket out of Silph Co, and hopefully beat Sabrina as well. As always, any moveset suggestions are welcome, and good luck to anyone else attempting this challenge. See you tomorrow with a new update.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM
SubVirus

Update#1
Started the game and picked a Bulbasaur named Spaurz
Kicked my Rival's Flaming tale despite being a grass/poison.
*sigh* the first encounter in Viridian Forest is a Pikachu (if i weren't playing a monochallenge i'd have caught it AND used it)
Found a weedle female lvl 4 wewt -- now a party of 2 -- Beware my evil Poison Sting!
What?!? Female weedle is evolving at lvl 7! Yay Kakuna.
*sigh* another Pikachu that i can't use >.>;;
What?!? Female kakuna is evolving at lvl 10! yay BeeDrill
Finally leaving Viridian Forest with Beedril lvl 10 and Spaurz (Bulbasaur) lvl 11
Grinding to lvl 12~13 then challenging Brock.
BeeDrill's first poison sting poisoned Geodude who kept spamming defense curl and died of poison and fury attack.
Onix one shot my BeeDrill with Rock Tomb and then my Spaurz (Bulbasaur) one shot Onix with Vine whip.
The Bolderbadge is mine
Onwards!

X:
Old June 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Electric Update #2: Gialla is finished

Here are the pics
Spoiler:
Psychic, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch
Supersonic, Sonicboom, Thunderbolt, Thundershock
Thundershock, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Thunder

Electabuzz was definitely the best on my team, with Magneton being pretty close with it's high special stat.
I also plan on starting White 2 later, so you'll see an update tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old June 6th, 2013, 03:19 AM
kirax7

#5 Update for Monobug - Sapphire

-defeated May
-done Mt. Pyre
-defeated Team Idro in its Hideout
-done Water Routes

&: diffciulty 1/5
*andSilver Wind+Shadow Ball not hard besides their critical hits that killed my 3-4 times xD

-defeated Team Idro in the Seafloor Cavern
-defeated

: difficulty 1/5
*used 3 Swords-Dance then Baton Passedand Silver Wind FTW xD

-done Vicotry Road
-defeated Wally

Sidney: difficulty 0/5
*3 Swords-Dance and Aerial Ace

Phoebe: difficulty 0/5
*2 Swords-Dance and Shadow Ball

Glacia: difficulty 0/5
*2 Swords-Dance Baton Pass to, Brick Break

Drake: difficulty 0/5
*3 Swords-Dance, Baton Pass toAncient Power and Metal Claws

vs3 Swords-Dance Spikes and Toxic and Baton Pass 3-6
vsAncient Power 3-5
vsBrick Break 3-4
vsBrick Break 3-3
vsMetal Claws 3-2
vsEarthquake 3-1
vsBrick Break 3-0

Final Team:
LV55
Hardy | Female | Shield Dust | Rapid Claws
Psybeam
Psychic
Silver Wind
Toxic

LV57 MVP
Hasty | Female | Speed Boost | /////
Aerial Ace
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Swords-Dance

LV59
Lax | Male | Battle Armor | Hard Stone
Earthquake
Brick Break
Ancient Power
Metal Claws

Steven and HoF Screenshots:

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype
Old June 6th, 2013, 04:44 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Here's a short update.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge - Normal {LG, SS, E, Pt, W2}
Pokemon Emerald update #2
Spoiler:
  • met Lanette
  • defeated Maxie at Mt. Ember
  • defeated gym leader Flannery
  • grind
  • Slab evolved
  • grind some more
  • defeated gym leader Norman

some screenies here
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

SLAB the BRAVE SLAKING
Slash
Counter
Slack Off
Cut

LOWET the NAIVE SWELLOW
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Endeavor
Facade

HM Slaves
MUDKIP - Strength, Rock Smash, Surf
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Water Monotype Challenge - Update 3
FireRed | Marko

So during my last update I was busy grinding a few of my Pokemon. I also taught pretty much everyone Surf because who wants to wait for Hydro Pump or anything. During that time Poseidon evolved into a Tentacruel! Then I realized that my final member was at Silph Co. So I decided to simply take my team and while avoiding as many Rocket members as possible made my way to well... my rival first. As usual he was a piece of cake so after a quick victory I went and received Lapras. After naming him Tyson I went around facing all the Rockets for their experience and then took down Giovanni! During all of this Neptune had evolved into Omastar! So with six Water Pokemon at my disposable he was really easy. Then because I hate grinding gave Tyson all the rare candies I had bumping him from level 33 to 37 before going and grinding some more, using the mini-gym for a little training. Once everyone was at least level 43 or higher I finally went into Sabrina's gym to take her down! It had a few small bumps but it wasn't something we couldn't handle as victory became ours and we received the sixth badge. Now to Cinnabar island where I will probably try and grind a bit more before taking on Blaine. Little grinding here and there is better than massive grinding at the end, right? But my head is fuzzy and it's hard to look at my game for long periods of time so it might be a while. We'll see!

Peaches (Blastoise) ♀ | Lonely | Level 46
Mega Punch, Surf, Bite, Rain Dance

Percy (Gyarados) ♂ | Naughty | Level 46
Twister, Strength, Bite, Hydro Pump

Frank (Dewgong) ♂ | Naive | Level 43
Sheer Cold, Take Down, Aurora Beam, Surf

Neptune (Omastar) ♂ | Serious | Level 44
Surf, Bite, Mud Shot, Spike Cannon

Poseidon (Tentacool) ♂ | Quiet | Level 43
Toxic, Surf, Bubblebeam, Barrier

Tyson (Lapras) ♂ | Mild | Level 43
Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song

Old June 6th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Thebeast21799

Alright, update #7 for me in Kanto, and everything is going smoothly. Arrival in a new city meant that I must take down the gym leader. In this case, it was Koga, master of poison types and a ninja. My team of overpowered fire types overwhelmed the ninja trainees. As for Koga, he put up a bit of a fight, but Pixxy easily swept his team with dig, and Weezing blew itself up with self-destruct, and it happened while using dig, so it missed, earning me the next gym badge. 5 down, 3 to go. Since I could learn surf now, I did the safari hunt stuff, ya no one cares. To cut to the chase, surf and strength were mine. During the safari hunt, I caught a krabby(HM slave) courtesy of super rod. I also taught Pixxy Toxic, so all I need to do is wait until Pixxy learns Fire Spin. With access to Cinnaber, I took the chance to catch my last two teammates. I easily caught Ponyta, nicknaming it Dash. Going to floor three, I ran into a Magmar with luck, caught it, nicknamed it Magma. With my last two teammates, I went to go grind them both on Cycle Road. I unlocked access to Saffron City to get Psychic for Magma. Magma and Dash have almost swept Cycle Road and that is where I'll leave off for now. How am I doing in my fire monotype? Current party is: Slendy the Charizard Lvl.44 with; Body Slam, Mega Punch, Ember, and Slash; Pixxy the Vulpix Lvl. 41 with: Ember, Flamethrower, Dig, and Toxic; FlameNFame the Flareon Lvl.41 with: Tackle, Bite, Ember, and Quick Attack;Dash the Ponyta Lvl. 37 with: Ember, Tail Whip, Stomp, and Double Team; and Magma the Magmar Lvl.36 with: Ember, Psychic, and Leer. Finally my team is finished, and for some reason they all know Ember(XD). Any moveset suggestions are always welcome, and as always, good luck to anyone attempting this challenge, and see you later with a new update while I grind Magma and Dash.
Old June 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM
lukesk1

I'm sorry if i haven't been updating, however I will promise I will update in the next few days for sure.

Kanto 8/8, Johto 11/16, Hoenn 0/8, Sinnoh 0/8, Unova 0/8
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here