Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2013 (05:48 PM).
Ice-Type Lover

Nature: Relaxed
just finished Yellow, here's an update:

Ultimate Psychic-Mono Challenge: Yellow

- Here's proof that I beat brock without cheating, though I probably should have got a screenshot of my party...

- Cleared through Kanto with ease, collecting all badges and entering the Hall of Fame

-Final Team:

-----Magic Man -----------Melatonin----------------Paul----------

--------Peter----------------Patrick------------------Lips---------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On to Crystal!

Yellow: 8/8l Crystal: 4/16

Ultimate Fairy-Mono Challenge
Kalos: 6/8

Ultimate Mono-Challenges finished:

On Hold:
Dark - on Gen IV lll Flying - on Gen IV lll Ground - on Gen IV
Psychic - on Gen IV lll Steel - on Gen IV
Old August 24th, 2013 (05:24 AM).

Hey, so I've been really slacking ever since school started, but I plan to continue my challenge once things calm down. However, considering my schedule, I am pretty much taken almost the entire week, with homework, band, and karate. So, the only time I will be able to work on my challenge, besides Wednesday, is the weekend. This means I won't be able to complete my challenges as fast as I would like, but I'll still be working on my challenges. I'll see you at the next update.

I formerly owned several challenges, but no longer wish to run them due to other commitments that I must honor first.
Old August 24th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
We ain't gonna get no sleeep.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #3

Spoiler:
-Did some Surfing in the back of Union Cave.
-Found a Moon Stone in the Ruins of Alph, which I used to evolve Gareth into Nidoking.
-Got 700 coins at the Game Corner, which I spent on a Sandshrew named Morgause, who I put in the Daycare.
-Went through Route 42 and beat the trainers there. Also beat the one trainer in Mt. Mortar, and in doing so Marhaus reached Level 25 and evolved into Graveler.
-Arrived in Mahogany Town.
-Went up to the Lake of Rage, beat the red Gyarados and got the Red Scale.
-Met with Lance at the lakeside.
-Found the Choice Specs.
-Traded the Red Scale for the Exp. Share.
-Took Morgause out of the Daycare when she was almost Level 22, then got her there and she evolved into Sandslash.
-Stormed the Team Rocket base and got them out of Mahogany.
-Got HM05 for Whirlpool from Lance.
-Arrived in Olivine City.
-Got a Moon Stone from Mom's savings (cool, now I can get a Nidoqueen if I really want to).
-Went up the Lighthouse and found Jasmine.
-Hunted down some Magnemite and eventually caught one with a Metal Coat, so I gave that to Rocky and traded him and Marhaus to get them to evolve into Steelix and Golem.
-Went down the water routes 40 and 41 to arrive in Cianwood City.
-Battled Eusine, he was pretty easy.
-Got the SecretPotion from the Pharmacy.
-Returned to the Lighthouse and gave the SecretPotion to Jasmine.
-Was called by Baoba to be told the Safari Zone was open.
-Went to the Gym and challenged the Leader!

Olivine Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV30 - Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Peck, Double Kick
Arcana LV29 / Quick Claw - Surf, Mud Shot, Water Gun, Amnesia
Rocky LV29 - Tackle, Screech, Headbutt, Rock Tomb
Marhaus LV29 - Selfdestruct, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Morgause LV22 - Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes, Strength
She starts off with her first Magnemite while I open with Gareth. I kill her in one hit with Fire Blast.
Next up is, sure enough, Steelix. I use Fire Blast and hit, and it does more than half, which brings her to her Sitrus Berry, but she only uses Screech. Her: 45% or so HP, Me: Full health and -2 Defense. I hit with Fire Blast again and kill her.
Finally is her other Magnemite. One Fire Blast kills her and ends the battle. Gareth grows to Level 31 after that.
Yeah, I didn't think anyone expected this to be hard. I don't think Arcana would have done enough to kill Steelix in one hit, but bottom line, that worked out easily. My only concern would have been if Fire Blast had missed.

So yeah, short update is short with only one Gym Leader, but I did do a lot of extra stuff. Also, I know it's kinda cheap to catch a Magnemite with a Metal Coat so I can evolve Onix before Kanto, but it isn't exactly easy to get your hands on.

So here's my team (at least of my type):
Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 29
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Magnitude, Rock Polish, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 29
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Amnesia, Mud Shot, Surf, Water Gun

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 29
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech, Tackle

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 31
Nature: Rash
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Double Kick, Fire Blast, Peck, Thunderbolt

Sandslash (F) "Morgause", Level 22
Moves: Poison Sting, Strength, Fury Swipes, Sand-Attack
Not sure what i'll do with her, I might try to use her but probably not.
Old August 24th, 2013 (02:52 PM). Edited August 24th, 2013 by Azazel.
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
Updated through post #2304

Quote originally posted by pikachu6780:
My first update for my fire mono:

-Chose Cyndaquil
-Got mystery egg from Mr.pokemon
-named rival butface
-caught pidgey lvl 2
-traded in shiny charmander (lvl 1)(legit no egg moves) for pidgey
Arrived at Violet City
-Trained in sprout tower
-Cyndaquil Evolved
-Barely beat Falkner
-Charmander evolved
-Got through Union Cave
-Defeated Rockets at the well
-Arrived in Azalea
-Failed to beat Bugsy
-Defeated Bugsy
-Defeated Butface in Azalea
-Got through Ilex forest
-Arrived in Goldenrod City
-Obtained Radio Card
-Defeated Whitney
On my way to National Park
You are not allowed to trade Charmander into your game. Remove it from your team or you will be disqualified.

Old August 24th, 2013 (08:51 PM).

Name: Kraydl
Type: Grass
Ultimate
Games: FireRed, Storm Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black
Monotype Challenge - Grass: (0/8) (0/16)(3/8)(0/8)(0/8)

“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” - Pat Conroy
Old August 24th, 2013 (10:19 PM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by Azazel.
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Important info regarding the release of Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

So, I feel that I should adress the release of X and Y, given the fact that it is only about a month and a half from release.

FAIR WARNING! THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THIS POST!

Alright, firstly I want to address something that I'm sure a lot of you are worried about. With the release of the 6th generation, the requirements of an Ultimate Challenge will obviously change. Anyone who has completed an Ultimate Challenge before X and Y are released, will still be credited as completing the challenge. Current Champions will be moved to a separate section which I will probably call "Gen 5 Ultimate Champions." You will be allowed to change any of these to a 6th gen Ultimate at any time. However, I will not cut off Gen 5 right away. I will give everyone til the end of 2013 to complete Gen 5 Ultimates if they desire. As of January 1st, 2014, any Ultimate Challenges will have to include X or Y to qualify.

Next, Fairy Type. As there will only be one set of games with Fairy Type in the beginning, it will not be allowed for Ultimate Challenges, only Singles. If we get Hoenn remakes this gen, like most people are hoping, then obviously we will have something to work with. But for now it's Single only.

This is gonna be an interesting experience, I'm not gonna lie. There is so much new territory to cover with these new games, so I am expecting there to be a lot of questions during the process of transition. No one should be afraid to ask questions, as it will help me build up the challenge for the new games. I also don't know where the games will end, if there will be weird E4 stuff like in B/W, or what post game will look like yet, so until I finish the games myself it will pretty much just be completing the E4 for the first time. Once I have a better grasp of the whole game I can make a better call on where X and Y will end for this challenge.

I wish you all the best of luck with your challenges, and can't wait to see what all of you do in Pokemon X & Pokemon Y! I myself am considering either a Fire mono for the cool Fire Types announced so far, including an awesome starter, or a Fairy Mono to play with the new type for my first XY Challenge.

-NecrumWarrior

UPDATE! With the announcement of Pokemon Bank, I would like to clarify that you may not use it for bringing Pokemon into your game, unless your type is not available before the 3rd gym. I am hoping that this gen will have nothing like that, and will have one of each type early, but that is yet to be seen.

One more thing. I have never felt the need to clarify this before, but will do so now since X and Y's first Event Pokemon is a starter, namely Torchic. You may not use Pokemon obtained from an event, no matter the level or legendary status, even if you obtained it using the game you are doing your challenge on.

Old August 25th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
Crystal Tier

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:
-Returned to Cianwood City.
-Beat two of the trainers in the Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Chuck!

Cianwood Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Arcana LV29 / Quick Claw - Surf, Mud Shot, Water Gun, Amnesia
Gareth LV31 - Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Peck, Double Kick
Rocky LV29 - Tackle, Screech, Headbutt, Rock Tomb
Marhaus LV29 - Selfdestruct, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Morgause LV22 - Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Fury Swipes, Strength

He starts off with Primeape while I open with Arcana. He begins with Double Team (ugh), but I hit him with Mud Shot, lowering his Speed. Him: 70% or so HP, +1 Evasion and -1 Speed. He then uses Rock Slide, which doesn't do much at all, while I hit him with another Mud Shot. Him: 1/3 or so HP, +1 Evasion and -2 Speed. He tightens his focus, but I hit through the evasion with Mud Shot yet again and kill him.
Next up is Poliwrath. He decides to not waste any time and tighten his focus, and I use Mud Shot…and miss. Yeah, AFTER I get rid of the evasion noob is when I miss. And I take a big hit. Me: 32/102 HP. He tries to use it again, but I hit with Mud Shot, lower his Speed and break his focus. I switch in Marhaus as death fodder for Focus Punch, and he does indeed die in one hit. I bring in Gareth and use Thunderbolt, which comes short of killing him, but his Sitrus Berry activates and he uses Surf. Him: 35% or so HP and -1 Speed, Me: 23/101 HP. I kill him with Thunderbolt and end the battle.

-Got HM02 for Fly from Chuck's wife.
-Went west to Route 47 and 48, battling the trainers there.
-Arrived at the Safari Zone Gate.
-Caught a Geodude in the Safari Zone to show to Baoba.
-Put Morgause back in the Daycare.
-Taught TM28 for Dig to Rocky.
-Went back to Mahogany Town and took on the trainers in the Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Pryce!

Mahogany Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV32 / Choice Specs - Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Peck, Double Kick
Arcana LV32 / Quick Claw - Surf, Mud Shot, Yawn, Water Gun
Rocky LV32 / Shell Bell - Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech
Marhaus LV29 - Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct, Rock Polish

He starts off with Seel while I open with Gareth. I use Thunderbolt, which kills him in one hit.
Next up is Dewgong. Okay, good, because if it was Piloswine I would have been forced to switch because of the Choice Specs. I use Thunderbolt, which doesn't quite kill him, and he uses Aurora Beam, which hits rather hard. Him: 1/4 or so HP, Me: 32/104 HP. I use a Lemonade just to see what he's gonna do…and he uses Ice Shard, so I was right to do that! Me: 72/104 HP. I use Thunderbolt and finish him off. Gareth grows to Level 33 after that.
Finally is Piloswine. I switch out to Marhaus, while he misses with Blizzard. Unfortunately, he hits with it next turn and kills me. So I bring in Arcana, and he uses Blizzard again, which does less than half while I hit him with Surf and knock him to his Sitrus Berry. Him: 48% or so HP, Me: 60/108 HP. He misses with Blizzard, and I hit him with one more Surf, killing him and ending the battle.

-Was told by Professor Elm to go to Goldenrod and confront Team Rocket.
-Was disguised as a Team Rocket grunt, but Merlin busted my disguise. Y U BUST MY DISGUISE BRO?
-Beat the grunts and found Petrel up top.
-Beat Petrel; he should have been a breeze, but I misclicked and used Mud Shot first turn while Arcana was locked in with the Choice Specs, then Weezing used Smokescreen after I got Arcana in and tried to use Surf. After that, when I switched in Arcana again, he used Smokescreen and I missed more than once. Anyway, I got the Basement Key from him.
-Met with one of the Kimono Girls in Goldenrod Tunnel.
-Took on Merlin and beat him. Golbat was easily OHKOed by Choice Specs Thunderbolt from Gareth, Sneasel was disposed of by Rocky, Quilava was helpless against Arcana, and Haunter and Magnemite were beaten by Gareth's Fire Blast.
-Beat the rest of the grunts, they were all all easy and boring.
-Made it through the tunnel and got the Card Key.
-Beat the last three Executives. Proton was easy, Ariana was a little problematic, and Archer got very unlucky. With that, I got the Silver Wing.
-Healed my Pokémon, good riddance.

So here's my team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 34
Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 35
Moves: Mud Shot, Surf, Water Gun, Yawn

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 34
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 37

Sandslash (F) "Morgause", Level 23 (in Daycare)
Moves: Poison Sting, Strength, Fury Swipes, Sand-Attack
Old August 25th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
Finally beat Whitney!
Took a lot of grinding plus the use of many X items to win this.
Now off to face Morty, should be a hell of a lot easier.

Challenge
Spoiler:
Username: James901
Type: Ghost
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Pokémon FireRed | Pokémon SoulSilver | Pokémon Emerald | Pokémon Platinum | Pokémon DarkBlack

Badges

Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Kage
Level 35 | Male | Timid | Levitate
Hypnosis | Confuse Ray | Shadow Ball | Payback
Old August 25th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
Platinum Water Monotype (Ultimate Challenge)
This was my team and my badge progress the last time I posted:
Gyarados L28
Vaporeon L29
Gastrodon L33
Prinplup L32 (might ditch him, ugh, worst water starter ever)
Tails L28 (Floatzel)
Golduck L33 (might ditch him too for some other water poké with Psychic moves)
Badges: 5/8

-"-

I have been playing a bit everyday, but mostly collecting my daily berries and watering them and whatnot. Don't know why I waste time with them, but I'm not planting anymore berries. Only the ones I get daily from Pastoria city.

I got Surf so now my team is extra strong. I only taught Surf to my Vaporeon though. I went to catch some mroe water types, including a Wingull (for Fly) and in Iron Island he evolved into Peliper. I also caught a Wooper and he evolved to Quagsire.
I regret not having trained more in Iron Island when I was in the Lucario guy's company, but whatever.

My team, I mean, my Vaporeon had absolutely no trouble against Byron. It was a OHKO to every of his pokémon using Surf. Easiest badge until now, because he didn't even touch me.
Now I'm supposed to go to Lake Valor because there was an explosion there.

My team right now:
Vaporeon L40
Gastrodon L38
Tails L34 (Floatzel)
Gyarados L35
Pelipper L31
Quagsire L37
Badges: 6/8
Old August 25th, 2013 (11:58 AM).

Alright, so I'm gonna have to start my Crystal Poison challenge over. I had gotten a new computer for my birthday, on August 6, so my old computer (the one with my challenge file on it) went to a family member so they could use it. Although I was able to recover some files before the hard drive was reset, most of them not related to Pokémon, I was not able to recover my ROM or my save files with my Crystal Poison and my FireRed Electric. So, I guess I'm starting over. I think it was good that this happened, because my team on Crystal was sucking. I'll see you at the next update!

I formerly owned several challenges, but no longer wish to run them due to other commitments that I must honor first.
Old August 25th, 2013 (06:00 PM).
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Applied new icons for all the types, including adding one for Fairy type.

Old August 25th, 2013 (06:46 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Veevee
Ultimate Dragon Monotype: HeartGold

Well, here's my first real update since I started my Dragon monotype. It's pretty rough, but it's better then nothing.

-Traveled to Ollivine after getting Surf.
-Trained in the Lighthouse, then talked to Jasmine.
-Went to Mahogany Town.
-Met up with Lance at the Lake of Rage.
-KO'd the red Gyardos, getting the Red Scale.
-Lance (who I will be calling my identical twin brother for the rest of the game) and I stormed the Rocket Hideout.
-My identical twin brother gave me Whirlpool.
-Went to Mahogany Gym.

Gym Leader: Pryce Difficulty: 2.5/5

I don't really remember much of the details, just that I won with Slams, Dragon Rushes, and a Hyper Potion.

-Gave Whirlpool to Croconaw, my HM Slave.
-Went to the Whirl Islands.

-Caught Chill the female Horsea.
-Caught Neptune the male Horsea.

-Went to Cianwood and battled Chuck.

Gym Leader: Chuck Difficulty: 3/5

The only problem I had was with Poliwrath. The first time, he Ko'd Drake with a Hypnosis -- Focus Punch combo, then I sent out Chill for no reason. Poliwrath kept using Focus Punch, and I kept using Surf. This worked until the Surf that would have KO'd it missed, and Chill went down.

After a few tries, I finally won with Drake.

-Got Fly.
-Gave Surf to Chill and Blizzard to Neptune. (Considering the names, I think it should be the other way around.)
-Backtracked to Violet City and caught a Pidgey as a Fly slave.
-Grinded both Chill and Neptune to Level 32 and evolved them.
-Gave Jasmine the SecretPotion.
-Baboa called me to tell me that the Safari Zone was open.
-Went to the Gym to challenge Jasmine.

Gym Leader: Jasmine Difficulty: 0/5

Easiest. Gym. Battle. Ever.

Chill 1HKO'd both Magnemite, and 2HKO'd Steelix. Took absolutely no damage here.

-Got Iron Tail and used it on Drake.
-Went back to Whirl Islands to get some Dragon Scales for Chill and Neptune. Still working on it. Mabye my freind can help mre tomorrow.

My Majestic Dragons

Chill the Seadra (Level 33, Swift Swim*)

-Surf
-Brine
-Twister
-Agility

Drake the Dragonair (Level 40, Shed Skin)

-Blizzard
-Dragon Rush
-Slam
-Iron Tail

Neptune the Seadra (Level 32, Sniper*)

-Blizzard
-SmokeScreen
-Brine
-BubbleBeam

*I might have Chill and Neptune's Abilities mixed up.

Proud lover of Eevees
Old August 25th, 2013 (09:01 PM).
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Username: NecrumWarrior
Type: Normal
Game(s): Blue, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, White2

I'm playing Blue right now. Caught a Rattata who I am training for Brock.

Old August 25th, 2013 (09:06 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

Beat Morty!
Definitely much easier than Whitney was.

Challenge
Spoiler:
Games: Pokémon FireRed | Pokémon SoulSilver | Pokémon Emerald | Pokémon Platinum | Pokémon DarkBlack

Badges

Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Kage
Level 38 | Male | Timid | Levitate
Hypnosis | Confuse Ray | Shadow Ball | Payback
Old August 26th, 2013 (07:26 AM).
Crystal Tier

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #5

Spoiler:
-Headed to Route 44 and beat the trainers there.
-Caught a Swinub in the Ice Path named Lionel.
-Got HM07 for Waterfall.
-Met one of the Kimono Girls near the end of the cave.
-Arrived in Blackthorn City.
-Got the Soft Sand from Santos.
-Got the Choice Scarf from Mom's savings.
-Used the Daycare to get Lionel to Level 29.
-Went back to Blackthorn City and Route 45, battling some of the trainers there.
-Trained Lionel to Level 33 to get him to evolve into Piloswine.
-Found two Heart Scales and used them to get Lionel to relearn Ice Fang and AncientPower.
-Continued with Route 45, and Lionel evolved into Mamoswine.
-Beat the trainers in the Blackthorn Gym; they were all pretty easy.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Clair!

Blackthorn Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV38 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Peck, Double Kick
Marhaus LV35 / BrightPowder - Selfdestruct, Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast
Lionel LV34 / NeverMeltIce - Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap, AncientPower
Arcana LV37 / Amulet Coin - Earthquake, Yawn, Mud Shot, Surf
Rocky LV35 / Quick Claw - Dig, Rock Tomb, Screech, Headbutt
Morgause LV24 - Sand-Attack, Poison Sting, Fury Swipes, Strength

She starts off with Gyarados while I open with Gareth. She gets off Intimidate, but it doesn't matter, because while she is faster and hits with Dragon Rage, I use Thunderbolt and kill her in one hit. Me: 82/122 HP.
Next up is her ace, the dreaded Kingdra, which is, in my opinion, the hardest Pokémon in the game (at least for Johto, definitely). I have an idea. It's risky, but it might just work. I send in Arcana hoping she'll use what I expect her to - perfect timing, because she uses Hydro Pump, and Water Absorb makes it useless. She uses SmokeScreen, but I use Yawn to make Kingdra drowsy. Alright, now for the risky part! I send in Marhaus…as she uses SmokeScreen again! Uh-oh! Me: Full health and -1 Accuracy. But now she's asleep. As she snoozes, I go for Selfdestruct…but thankfully it hits and kills her in one hit. Thank goodness, if I had missed that would have been terrible.
I send in Lionel as she brings in one of her Dragonairs. They both die in one hit with Ice Fang thanks to the 20% boost from the NeverMeltIce, kills her in one hit. Lionel grows to Level 35 after beating the first one.
That was actually pretty easy. And I was rather underleveled and didn't even use any bag items. The only thing that may have had me concerned is if Selfdestruct had missed due to SmokeScreen, but that worked out too.

-Was sent by Clair to the Dragon's Den.
-Caught a Tentacool named Extra Derp just for Whirlpool and Waterfall.
-Entered the Dragon's Den, passed the test of the elder and got the Rising Badge.
-Why are all my Pokémon holding Black Beards? What are they, pirates?
-Received the Master Ball from Professor Elm.
-Ran into Merlin at the Dance Theater, who was beaten by the Kimono Girls apparently.
-Challenged the Kimono Girls:
Umbreon was annoying with Confuse Ray, but I put it to sleep with Yawn, used Screech with Rocky and got it to -6 Defense, then 2HKOed her with Dig followed by Headbutt. Quick Claw for the win!
Espeon was worrisome. It killed Arcana from over half without a crit, but thankfully Marhaus was able to survive a Psychic with 1/5 HP and kill her with Selfdestruct.
Flareon was a bit of an issue - since Arcana was down, I was leading with Lionel, who didn't have Earthquake, so I switched in Gareth, who thankfully avoided a Fire Blast, allowing me to use a Revival Herb on Arcana. Then, I was able to (after sacrificing Rocky as death fodder) get in Arcana and, after being burned, 2HKO her with Earthquake.
Jolteon didn't have much it could do against me, but Double Team was annoying. First turn I Full Healed Arcana's burn, then (after she reached +6 Evasion and I had 2 Earthquakes left) killed her in one hit with Earthquake.
Lastly, Vaporeon. Put it to sleep with Yawn, and after using my last Earthquake to get her to around 62%, switched in Gareth while she was asleep and finished the job with Choice Specs Thunderbolt.
-Whew! I was too lazy to train more, but that still worked out good enough. So I got the Clear Bell, and the Kimono Girls left for the Whirl Islands.
-Headed off for the Whirl Islands.
-Found the Kimono Girls, where they summoned Lugia.
-Took on Lugia. I put it to sleep with Arcana's Yawn, and it used Rain Dance, but got it to the red before it woke up and killed Arcana. Then, I brought out Gareth, and it used Aeroblast which I lived with 1/4 HP, and finished it off with Choice Specs Thunderbolt.
-Headed to Cherrygrove City to prepare for the Pokémon League!

So here's my team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 35
Moves: Earthquake, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Selfdestruct

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 39
Moves: Earthquake, Mud Shot, Surf, Yawn

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 35
Moves: Dig, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Screech

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 39

Mamoswine (M) "Lionel", Level 37
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: AncientPower, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap

Sandslash (F) "Morgause", Level 24
Moves: Fury Swipes, Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Strength
Again, I probably won't use her, but if I really get ambitious I could.

I'm gonna have a LOT of training to do before the Pokémon League, ugh. At least Victory Road gives pretty decent EXP.
Old August 26th, 2013 (12:07 PM).

Another quick update, making some decent progress now!
Spoiler:

-Evolved Spinarak
-Evolved Nidorina
-Defeated Chuck with little trouble
-Defeated Jasmine, after a little bit of level grinding.
-Beat Rocket at Mahogany Town, was a nice bit of training.

Current Team:

Ariados LVL 27
Weepinbell LVL 27
Golbat LVL 27
Venonat LVL 27
Tentacool LVL 27
Nidoqueen LVL 27
Attached Images
File Type: png Chuck.PNG‎ (2.9 KB, 90 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Jasmine.PNG‎ (2.6 KB, 90 views) (Save to Dropbox)

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old August 26th, 2013 (05:27 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

Finally got myself Misdreavus, the second and last member of my team.
Also I evolved Kage the Haunter into a Gengar.
I beat Chuck and got the Storm Badge.

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges

Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Kage
Level 42 | Male | Timid | Levitate
Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Shadow Ball | Payback

Hecate
Level 29 | Female | Modest | Levitate
Shadow Ball | Psybeam | Confuse Ray | Pain Split
Old August 26th, 2013 (06:06 PM).

Ok so currently, I am working on Grass monotype for Emerald.

I have two badges so far, with me being right out of reach of the third. My party consists of a Grovyle, Nuzleaf, Lombre, Shroomish, and two Oddish's (one will become a Vileplume, the other a Bellossom). Hopefully, once I get the Elite Four done for my random nuzlocke, I can start working on this again.
Monotype Challenge - Grass: (0/8) (0/16)(3/8)(0/8)(0/8)

“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” - Pat Conroy
Old August 27th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Crystal Tier

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #6

Spoiler:
-Headed to Route 27 and arrived in the Kanto region.
-Went through Tohjo Falls.
-Made it through the trainers on Routes 27 and 26 to reach Victory Road. On a side note, Lionel's Ice Fang was freezing on more than one occasion, which is pretty lucky.
-Trained Marhaus and Rocky up to Level 38 before entering Victory Road, and Lionel to Level 40 where he learned Earthquake.
-Caught a Rhyhorn in Victory Road named Maleagant.
-Beat Merlin one last time. Sneasel was an easy OHKO after one Curse from Rocky, Typhlosion and Magneton were down to one Earthquake from Marhaus (though they both wore him down quite a bit), Haunter died to two Choice Specs Thunderbolts from Gareth, Kadabra was killed with two Ice Shards from Lionel (second one after Reflect), and Golbat died to two Ice Fangs.
-Arrived at Indigo Plateau.
-Did a lot of training to get all my main guys up to Level 46.
-Entered the Elite Four!

Will overview:
Team entering the fight: Lionel LV46 / NeverMeltIce - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap
Marhaus LV46 / Shell Bell - Double-Edge, Explosion, Rock Blast, Earthquake
Gareth LV46 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Double Kick
Arcana LV46 / Soft Sand - Earthquake, Surf, Mud Shot, Yawn
Rocky LV46 / Quick Claw - Dig, Rock Tomb, Curse, Crunch
Morgause LV24 - Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Strength, Fury Swipes

He starts off with his first Xatu while I open with Lionel. I use Ice Fang, which kills him in one hit.
Next up is Slowbro. I use Earthquake, which does just over half, as he uses Amnesia. Great timing, as it allows me to use Earthquake again and kill him.
After that is Jynx. He uses Lovely Kiss and misses, allowing me to kill him in one hit with Earthquake.
Following is Exeggutor. I use Ice Fang, which leaves him with 1 HP…but he flinches!!! He uses his Full Restore, but I 2HKO him with Ice Shard.
Finally is his second Xatu. He uses Confuse Ray, but I hit through it and kill him in one hit with Ice Fang, ending the battle.
This was actually my second attempt (first time I played up to Bruno and reset because it was getting infuriating), and while a one-man sweep doesn't seem very fun, it's more fun than missing and having to blow up, and repeatedly hitting in confusion when you're one hit away from winning and stuff.

Koga overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as last time except i'm leading with Gareth. All others remain unchanged.
He starts off with Ariados while I open with Gareth. I use Fire Blast, which kills him in one hit.
Next up is Venomoth. I miss with Fire Blast…and he hits with Supersonic, joy. I use a Persim Berry to snap Gareth out of confusion as he uses Psychic. Me: 70/146 HP. I hit with Fire Blast and kill him in one hit.
Following is Forretress. He uses Protect and blocks my Fire Blast, but I hit with my last one and kill him.
After that is his ace, his Crobat. I switch out for Marhaus as he uses Double Team. He uses it again, and I go for Double-Edge (seriously, it's not even worth using Rock Blast at this point) and I miss. He then uses Wing Attack, and I hit with Double-Edge, but it does less than half. Him: 62% or so HP, Me: 137/142 HP. He uses Double Team again as I hit with Double-Edge again, which knocks him into the red, but his Sitrus Berry activates. [B][COLOR="Gray"]Him: 37% or so HP and +3 Evasion, Me: Full health. He uses Wing Attack as I go for Rock Blast, but of course I miss. Me: 131/142 HP. He uses it again, but I hit with Rock Blast and kill him with two hits. Me: 126/142 HP.
Finally is his Muk. He uses Minimize, while I miss with Earthquake. Same thing next turn. He uses it again, but I hit through it and kill him in one hit, ending the battle.
Thank god this isn't Gen V, otherwise Minimize would be troll central.

Bruno overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as last time, except i'm leading with Arcana. All others remain unchanged.
He starts off with Hitmontop while I open with Arcana. He uses Dig and burrows under the ground as I hit him with Earthquake, killing him in one hit.
Next up is Hitmonlee. He's got his Swagger going on, but Arcana's not swayed by that, so she hits through confusion and kills him in one hit with Earthquake.
After that is his Machamp. Ho boy. He uses Cross Chop, as I hit through confusion again and use Earthquake, which…kills him in one hit. Yay! Me: 74/152 HP and +2 Attack.
Following is Onix. He uses Earthquake, while I snap out of confusion and use Surf, which kills him in one hit. Me: 40/152 HP and +2 Attack.
Finally is his Hitmonchan. I use a Moomoo Milk on Arcana as he uses Ice Punch. Me: 110/152 HP and +2 Attack. He uses it again, and I get frozen solid, but thaw out immediately and kill him with Earthquake, ending the battle.
Well that worked out better than the stupid that was the first attempt I had, you don't want to know how that turned out.

Karen overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as before, except i'm leading with Marhaus, and Lionel has the Choice Scarf instead of the NeverMeltIce. All others remain unchanged.
She starts off with Umbreon while I open with Marhaus. She uses Double Team, and I go for Explosion…and hit, killing her.
I send in Rocky as she uses Vileplume, ugh, that was not clever of me. She hits with Stun Spore, as I get fully paralyzed. I switch in Morgause as death fodder to Petal Dance. I bring in Gareth, but then I realize I has no Fire Blast PP left from when I was against Will. I could use a Max Ether, but I say screw it. Earth Power does more than half, and Petal Dance does less than half. Her: 1/3 or so HP, Me: 80/146 HP. This allows me to kill her with another Earth Power.
After that is Houndoom. She uses Flamethrower, which finishes me off. I bring in Lionel and use Earthquake, which kills her. Lionel grows to Level 47 after that.
Following is Gengar. I can't stay in because i'm locked in with the Choice Scarf, so I switch out to Arcana as she uses Focus Blast. Me: 85/155 HP. She uses Spite and fails, while I use Yawn. She uses Spite again as I hit her with Surf for less than half, but she falls asleep. Her: 62% or so HP and asleep. I switch in Lionel again as she continues to snooze, and use Ice Fang, finishing her.
Finally is Murkrow, who also dies to one Ice Fang, ending the battle.
Well that was a bit topsy-turvy, if only for the fact that I could have missed with Explosion. And that Houndoom could have been problematic if I didn't have the Choice Scarf on Lionel (yeah yeah I know, I still had Arcana, but still).

Champion Lance overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV46 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Double Kick, Earth Power
Lionel LV47 / Choice Scarf - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Mud-Slap, Ice Shard
Marhaus LV46 / Shell Bell - Double-Edge, Explosion, Rock Blast, Earthquake
Arcana LV46 / BrightPowder - Earthquake, Surf, Mud Shot, Yawn
Rocky LV46 / Quick Claw - Dig, Rock Tomb, Curse, Crunch
Morgause LV24 - Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Strength, Fury Swipes

He starts off with Gyarados while I open with Gareth. He gets off the Intimidate, but it doesn't matter, because i'm faster and kill him in one hit with Thunderbolt. Gareth grows to Level 47 after that.
Next up is one of his Level 49 Dragonites. Probably the one with Blizzard. I send in Lionel as he uses Blizzard, and hits. Me: 84/164 HP. I hit with Ice Fang and kill him in one hit.
After that is his Charizard. I switch out for Marhaus, as he uses Fire Fang, which does no damage at all. Me: 128/142 HP. He uses Air Slash, and I flinch. Me: 86/142 HP. He uses it again, and I miss with Rock Blast, come on. Me: 44/142 HP. He uses it again, I hit, killing him with two hits. Me: 24/142 HP.
After that is his Level 50 Dragonite. I send in Rocky as he uses Outrage. Me: 111/141 HP. The Quick Claw activates and I use Rock Tomb, but it doesn't do much at all, and he gets a critical hit with Outrage. Him: 4/5 or so HP, -1 Speed and confused, Me: 45/141 HP. I send in Arcana as he misses with Fire Blast. He hits through confusion and nearly kills me with Outrage. Me: 34/155 HP. I send in Rocky again as he hits through confusion and uses Outrage again, but I live, and he falls asleep. Me: 11/141 HP. I switch in Lionel again as he remains asleep, then I kill him with Ice Fang.
His last two Pokémon, his other Level 49 Dragonite and Aerodactyl, both die in one hit with Ice Fang, ending the battle. Lionel grows to Level 48 after beating Dragonite, and tries to learn Mist, but I refuse.
Well, I did it. Without losing any Pokémon or even using any items. Would have been even better if that big Dragonite wasn't such a jerk, but it still worked out.

Champion team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 46
Obtained at: Route 46
Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake, Explosion, Rock Blast

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 47
Obtained at: Route 32

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 46
Obtained at: Link trade in Violet City
Moves: Crunch, Curse, Dig, Rock Tomb

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 47
Obtained at: Route 35
Moves: Double Kick, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt

Mamoswine (M) "Lionel", Level 48
Obtained at: Ice Path
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap

Obtained at: Goldenrod City
I'll be replacing her with a Hippopotas shortly after I start Kanto.

I still have Kanto to tear into, and Red, but i'm sure we'll be able to get it done.
Old August 28th, 2013 (09:33 AM).

New update havent done that i a while:
-Togepi hatched
-Began using togepi as hm slave
-Defeated Sudowoodo
-obtained and delivered Kenya with mail
-Caught growlithe lv 15
-Arrived in Ecruteak city
-Barely beat rival in Burned Tower
-Arrived in olivine city
About now in the lighthouse togepi was dragged into battle by whirlwind i hope that doesnt make this not count
-togepi grew to lv 4
-traded in a squirtle for togepi as hm slave surf/rock smash
-Arrived in cianwood city
-Defeated Chuck Norris in gym
-Caught Raticate lv 17
-traded raticate for lv 2 pidgey as fly hm slave
-caught metapod
-traded back togepi for metapod
-showed togepi to elm
-defeated jasmine
-arrived in mohogany town
-arrived at lake of rage
-caught gyarados lv 15 as surf hm slave
-caught shiny gyarados (traded to diamond cuz shiny)
-shiny charmeleon evolved
-defeated rockets
-defeated pryce
-traveled to goldenrod
-obtained eevee from bill
-traded in 2 fire stones
-eevee evolved into flareon
-growlithe evolved
-flew to cianwood
-arrived at safari zone
-flew to goldenrod
-currently battling rockets

my team:

flareon lv 26
bashful
flash fire
tail whip
quick attack
shadow ball
fire blast

arcanine
careful
flash fire
strength
fire fang
thief
iron tail

typhlosion
adamant
blaze
focus punch
cut
dig
lava plume

shiny charizard
brave
blaze
return
shadow claw
dragon rage
fire blast

pidgey
careful
tangled feet
tackle
fly

gyarados
naughty
intimidate
thrash
surf
rock smash
Old August 28th, 2013 (10:18 AM). Edited August 28th, 2013 by Azazel.
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by pikachu6780:
-shiny charmeleon evolved

my team:

shiny charizard
brave
blaze
return
shadow claw
dragon rage
fire blast
Charizard is illegal for your play through. You blatantly broke the rules, and I even left you a warning up above. I'm sorry but if you want your challenge to count you'll have to start over, you used Charizard for too much of the game.

Old August 28th, 2013 (04:09 PM).

Username: thewafflmaster
Type: Bug
Game(s): FR (7/8), HG, E (Finished), Pt, B (Finished)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been kinda busy. Anyway, here's my current team for Firered.

Spoiler:
Higgins-Parasect lvl 41

Slash
Spore
Bullet Seed
Leech Life

Suzanne-Scyther lvl 43

Aerial Ace
Pursuit
False Swipe
Swords Dance

Carol-Beautifly lvl 47

Sleep Powder
Psybeam
Gust
Silver Wind

Vivian-Beedrill lvl 48

Agility
Twineedle
Brick Break
Pursuit

Lauren-Venomoth (Extra)

Squirtle (SURF slave)

Alright, next time I post I'll have beaten the Elite Four. Wish me luck!
Old August 28th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Youtube Content Creator

After beating Chuck I flew to Goldenrod and spammed until I got enough coins for Thunderbolt.
Then I taught thunderbolt to Hecate the Misdreavus.
Also I bought Focus Blast and taught it to Kage the Gengar.
It was very useful against all of Jasmine's Pokemon.

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges

Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Kage
Level 42 | Male | Timid | Levitate
Hypnosis | Dream Eater | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

Hecate
Level 29 | Female | Modest | Levitate
Shadow Ball | Psybeam | Confuse Ray | Thunderbolt
Old August 28th, 2013 (10:25 PM).
Nightmare
ModeratorCS

Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: Blue Version
1/8

So, I picked Charmander as my starter for this challenge, meaning my rival will be challenging me with Squirtle throughout my journey. As soon as I could, I caught a Rattata (my least favorite Pokemon of all time, but it wouldn't be right to do a Normal Mono without using the game's starting rodent) and named it Mizune, after the Soul Eater witches of the same name. I went the course smoothly until I reached Pewter City.

Brock proved difficult upon my first challenge, when I was level 11. I wound up grinding 3 more levels and learning Hyper Fang before I finally pulled it off, earning me my first gym badge of the challenge!

Team:
Spoiler:

Mizune
Lvl 14
36/26/18/31/16
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Old August 29th, 2013 (11:00 AM).
Crystal Tier

SoulSilver Ground Monotype, Update #7

Spoiler:
-Got the S.S. Ticket from Elm.
-Met with Professor Oak in Olivine City and got the National Dex.
-Took Fast Ship S.S. Aqua into the Kanto region.
-Arrived in Vermilion City.
-Took on the Gym trainers. They were all pathetically easy (well not necessarily, two of them fought me in a Double Battle and it took a little while since I couldn't use Earthquake, but they hardly did anything to me in the meantime).
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Lt. Surge!

Vermilion Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gareth LV48 / Choice Specs - Earth Power, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Double Kick
Marhaus LV48 / Shell Bell - Earthquake, Explosion, Rock Blast, Double-Edge
Arcana LV48 / Soft Sand - Earthquake, Mud Shot, Surf, Yawn
Lionel LV48 / Choice Scarf - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap
Rocky LV48 / Quick Claw - Dig, Rock Tomb, Curse, Crunch

He starts off with Raichu while I open with Gareth. He uses Double Team like a loser, while I hit with Earth Power and kill him in one hit.
Next up is one of his Electrodes. He uses Screech, but I kill that in one hit with Earth Power also.
After that is Magneton. Earth Power. Gone. Next!
Following is Electabuzz. He's faster and uses Light Screen, unfortunately, so Earth Power does just over half, but his Sitrus Berry activates. Him: 70% or so HP. I switch out for Lionel as he uses Quick Attack for hardly anything. Me: 146/167 HP. I kill him with Earthquake.
Finally is his other Electrode. He uses Double Team, but I hit through it and kill him with Earthquake, ending the battle.
Yeah, I didn't think anyone thought this would be hard, either. The only concern was Double Team, which could have gotten very annoying. Thankfully, it didn't.

-Went up Route 6 and arrived in Saffron City.
-Went through Route 8 and arrived in Lavender Town.
-Beat the trainers on Route 10 then went up Route 5.
-Arrived in Cerulean City.
-Went up Nugget Bridge and beat the trainers there.
-Beat the trainers on Route 9 and went through Route 10 to the Power Plant.
-Discovered that the generator is broken.
-Found the Rocket Grunt with the Machine Part, beat him and found the part.
-Returned the Machine Part to the Manager.
-Found Misty on Nugget Bridge.
-Got a Focus Sash from Mom's savings.
-Went to New Bark Town and stopped having Mom save my money.
-Beat the trainers in the Saffron Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Sabrina!

Saffron Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Lionel LV50 / Choice Scarf - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap
Marhaus LV49 / Soft Sand - Earthquake, Explosion, Double-Edge, Stone Edge
Arcana LV51 / BrightPowder - Earthquake, Surf, Yawn, Mud Shot
Gareth LV50 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Earth Power, Double Kick
Rocky LV50 / Quick Claw - Dig, Double-Edge, Curse, Crunch

She starts off with Espeon while I open with Lionel. I use Earthquake, which kills her in one hit with a critical hit on the first usage of the move. Ooooooooh! That's a good sign.
Next up is her ace, Alakazam. I use Earthquake again, but she lives, and her Sitrus Berry activates and she uses Reflect, ugh. Her: 1/3 or so HP. Despite that, I use Earthquake again and still finish her off. Lionel grows to Level 51 after that.
Finally is Mr. Mime. I stay in and use Earthquake, just to see how much it will do, and it unfortunately does less than half, as she uses Light Screen. Her: 60% or so HP. I switch out for Arcana as she uses Psychic, but it unfortunately does more than half. Me: 77/168 HP. Yeah, that's not gonna work out. I stay in and let Arcana die to another Psychic, just so I can stall for time for the Reflect to wear off - which it does right then. I bring in Lionel and finish her with one more Earthquake, ending the battle.
"Lionel seems very happy!" That's what it said when I talked to him after winning. He must have felt so energetic which explains that critical hit on Espeon. See why Mamoswine is one of my favorite Pokémon ever? Then again, there wouldn't have been that much for her to do except Psychic (which might have hit reasonably hard). And while sacrificing Arcana to Mr. Mime wasn't that necessary, I didn't expect her to do more than half, but it got the Reflect out of the way, so it worked pretty well.

-Was called by Baoba to come to the Safari Zone to check out Object Arrangement.
-Flew over to the Safari Zone and learned more about Object Arrangement.
-Unfortunately, I don't have the Peak objects, so I can't get Hippopotas yet.
-Put Maleagant the Rhyhorn in the Daycare.
-Went back to the Cerulean Gym and soloed all the trainers with Gareth.
-Took on the Gym Leader, Misty!

Cerulean Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Arcana LV51 / Mud Shot, Earthquake, Surf, Yawn
Gareth LV52 / Choice Specs - Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Double Kick, Earth Power
Rocky LV50 / Quick Claw - Dig, Double-Edge, Curse, Crunch
Marhaus LV49 / Soft Sand - Stone Edge, Earthquake, Explosion, Double-Edge
Lionel LV51 / Choice Scarf - Earthquake, Mud-Slap, Ice Fang, Ice Shard
Morgause LV24 - Strength, Fury Swiped, Poison Sting, Sand-Attack (she's pretty much just here for death fodder if I need it)

She starts off with Golduck while I open with Arcana. She uses Water Pulse, but Water Absorb makes it useless. I hit her with Earthquake for what looks like exactly half. Her: 50% or so HP. She uses Disable - good timing, because I use Mud Shot just to be safe (read: try to not get her to where she'll heal). Her: 30% or so HP and -1 Speed. She uses Disable again, and Mud Shot gets disabled, but no matter, because I use Earthquake and finish her off.
Next up is Lapras. Ugh. She uses Ice Beam, which does just under half, while I hit with Yawn. Me: 88/168 HP. She uses Sing and puts me to sleep. Not cool! Thankfully, she falls asleep also from Yawn. I send in Gareth as she snoozes. I use Thunderbolt, which thankfully does more than enough for a 2HKO…and she stays asleep, so I use Thunderbolt again next turn and finish her off.
After that is Quagsire. I have to switch, though, since i'm locked in with the Choice Specs. I send in Arcana hoping she'll use a Water-type attack…and she uses Rain Dance. I use a Moomoo Milk, just to see what she's gonna do, and she uses Amnesia. Ugh. I use a Full Heal and wake Arcana up, as she uses Amnesia again. She's still faster despite a 2-level disadvantage and uses Amnesia again, while I hit her with Earthquake for just less than half. Her: 60% or so HP and +6 Sp Def. Since Lionel has more Attack and can definitely finish her off, I send him in as she uses Earthquake, which does less than 1/3, and the rain stops. Me: 121/178 HP. I use Earthquake and finish off her Quagsire.
Finally is her ace, Starmie. I send in Arcana again as she uses Water Pulse, which Water Absorb nullifies. She uses Ice Beam, which does less than half, allowing me to use Yawn. Me: 108/168 HP. She uses it again and misses because of BrightPowder. Haha! Then I hit her with Earthquake, which gets a critical hit and knocks her into the red, and the Sitrus Berry activates before she falls asleep. Her: 45% or so HP and asleep. Thankfully, that Sitrus Berry brought her to the point where she won't use her Full Restore. So as she snoozes, I switch in Lionel, and finish her with Earthquake, ending the battle.
I was expecting that to be a lot harder, but it turned out very well. I didn't even have any of my Pokémon faint, either, so yeah, that was pretty fun. It wasn't that easy, but Arcana did most of the work with Yawn and Water Absorb. Thank god I had her, because it definitely would have been harder if I didn't. That critical hit on Starmie wouldn't have mattered that much, because she would have been near the same amount of HP and Lionel probably would have finished the job anyway. But yeah, I liked that. It was a good fight.

So here's my team:

Spoiler:
Golem (M) "Marhaus", Level 49
Obtained at: Route 46
Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake, Explosion, Stone Edge

Quagsire (F) "Arcana", Level 51
Obtained at: Route 32

Steelix (M) "Rocky", Level 50
Obtained at: Link trade in Violet City
Moves: Crunch, Curse, Dig, Double-Edge

Nidoking (M) "Gareth", Level 52
Moves: Double Kick, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt

Mamoswine (M) "Lionel", Level 51
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Mud-Slap

Obtained at: Goldenrod City
I'll be replacing her with a Hippopotas as soon as the Safari Zone has the right objects for it. She's pretty much just in here for when I need HMs or a death fodder.

Yep.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)