The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer

Advertise here
White 2 Ground Monotype, Update #3

Spoiler:
-Beat the trainers on Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest. In doing so, Gharial evolved into Krokorok.
-Got HM02 for Fly from Bianca.
-Arrived in Driftveil City.
-Witnessed the old Team Plasma and new Team Plasma quarreling until Hugh intervened.
-Beat Rood and checked out the old Team Plasma's base.
-Trained everyone to Level 31. In doing so, Marsupial evolved into Excadrill.
-Went through the Driftveil Gym, not battling any of the trainers except the ones I have to.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Clay!

Driftveil Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Vinny LV31 / Soft Sand - Dig, Magnitude, Crush Claw, Rock Tomb
Marsupial LV31 / Lax Incense - Dig, Hone Claws, Rock Slide, Metal Claw
Shandra LV31 - Dig, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stealth Rock
VampirMoth LV31 / Quick Claw - Dig, Bulldoze, Mud-Slap, Rock Slide
Gharial LV31 / Eviolite - Dig, Crunch, Bite, Sand-Attack

He starts off with Krokorok while I open with Vinny, but he gets off Intimidate. And he's faster and uses Crunch, while I use Magnitude and get a 5. Blech. Him: 90% or so HP, Me: 64/95 HP. I send in Shandra as he uses Torment. He then sets up Sandstorm as I use Dig, then avoid a Crunch and hit him decently, but his Sitrus Berry activates. Him: 40% or so HP. He uses Crunch (seriously?) while I miss with Rock Tomb. Me: 90/98 HP. He uses it again (are you kidding me?!) while I use Dig. I avoid another attack then hit with Dig, killing him. The sandstorm subsides. Me: 81/98 HP.
After that is Onix. He misses with Rock Slide while I hit with Smack Down for almost nothing. Him: 98% or so HP. He hits with Rock Slide and I flinch. Me: 78/98 HP. Then he uses Explosion, but it gets a critical hit. Shandra grows to Level 32 after that. Me: 56/101 HP. Then I burrow under the ground.
Next up is Sandslash. He uses Hone Claws, ugh (at least that turn he was actually smart). I hit him with Dig and barely do anything. He then uses Crush Claw (WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!) while I lower his Speed with Rock Tomb. Him: 2/3 or so HP and -1 Speed, Me: 47/101 HP. He then uses Rock Slide (…) and I use Dig. He uses Rock Slide again and I hit him with Dig, and get a critical hit which leaves him with 1 HP. He uses his Hyper Potion, and I use Rock Tomb again. Him: 95% or so HP, +1 Attack and Accuracy and -2 Speed. I'm faster and burrow under the ground as he uses Hone Claws again. I surface with Dig and he FINALLY uses Bulldoze, which kills me. Him: 70% or so HP, +2 Attack and Accuracy and -2 Speed. I send in Gharial and use Crunch, which does alright, and he uses Bulldoze, which I somehow live. Him: 38% or so HP, Me: 7/86 HP and -1 Speed. I'm faster because of the Speed drops, and use Crunch one more time, getting him low on health before he finishes me with Rock Slide. Him: 10% HP. I send in Marsupial and use Dig, avoiding a Bulldoze then killing him.
Finally is his ace, his own Excadrill. I'm actually faster, and burrow under the ground, so he misses with Bulldoze. I surface with Dig and leave him with 1 HP, but the Sitrus Berry activates and he kills me in one hit with Bulldoze. Him: 26% HP. I send in VampirMoth, and he uses Bulldoze, which kills me in one hit. Ouch! I send in Vinny, and he uses Slash, which I live comfortably, then kill him with Dig, ending the battle. Vinny grows to Level 32 after that.
To be honest, I was rather disappointed with this battle, mostly because of how stupid he was being while Steelix was out. Seriously, people say the AI in this game has increased, but I really disagree. And this is Challenge Mode for goodness sakes. He probably could have won if he hadn't been lollygagging at that time. And he's my favorite Gym Leader from Gen V, so I was hoping it'd be more interesting than that.

-Went to the PWT and beat Hugh, Cheren and Colress rather easily.
-Got Team Plasma out of their frigate at the PWT's dock.
-Caught a Baltoy in the Relic Castle named Top Hat.
-Got HM03 for Surf from Cheren.
-Went through Route 6, battling the trainers there.
-Entered Chargestone Cave, battling the trainers there. In doing so, VampirMoth evolved into Vibrava.
-Arrived in Mistralton City.
-Met with Professor Juniper and Skyla, and got the Master Ball.
-Went on Route 7 and battled some trainers.
-Got the Lucky Egg from Professor Juniper.
-Beat the trainers in the Celestial Tower. In doing so, Top Hat reached Level 36, but I delayed its evolution for one level to get Earth Power early.
-Trained everyone to Level 37.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Skyla!

This was actually my third try. First time, it came down to Marsupial against Skarmory, while I had two Hone Claws boosts, then I misclicked and used Hone Claws, and because of that, Sigilyph killed me because she was faster. Second try, Sigilyph flawlessly swept two of my guys with Hypnosis. This one, I got lucky.

Mistralton Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Gharial LV37 / BlackGlasses - Crunch, Dig, Bite, Sand-Attack
Marsupial LV37 / Lax Incense - Earthquake, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, Strength
VampirMoth LV37 / Quick Claw - Rock Slide, Crunch, Dig, DragonBreath
Top Hat LV37 / TwistedSpoon - Psybeam, Bulldoze, ExtraSensory, Earth Power
Vinny LV37 / Scope Lens - Dig, Rock Tomb, Magnitude, Crush Claw
Shandra LV37 / Electric Gem - Thunder Fang, Dig, Rock Tomb, Smack Down

She starts off with Swoobat while I open with Gharial. She uses Attract and I become infatuated, then next turn she uses Energy Ball, but I barely live and kill her in one hit with Crunch. Me: 22/102 HP.
After that is her ace, Swanna. She kills me with Air Slash, then I bring in Shandra. She uses Surf and I live with 1 HP because of Sturdy, then I kill her with Thunder Fang, getting the boost from the Electric Gem. And a critical hit, but it doesn't matter (second try I had before this, it killed her in one without).
Next up is Sigilyph. She kills me with Air Cutter. I bring in Vinny, and she uses Hypnosis, which MISSES, thank you god. So I hit her with Rock Tomb. Her: 2/3 or so HP and -1 Speed. I use it again and she hits hard with Psychic. Her: 1/3 or so HP and -2 Speed, Me: 30/112 HP. I miss with Rock Tomb and she kills me with Psychic, but that's just fine. I bring in VampirMoth and kill her with Crunch.
Finally is Skarmory. I start with DragonBreath, which doesn't do much, but it paralyzed her, thank you. And she gets fully paralyzed. Her: 90% HP and paralyzed. I then use Crunch, which does nothing except lowering her Defense, which surely helps. Then she uses Agility. Her: 85% or so HP, +2 Speed and -1 Defense. I use it again and she gets fully paralyzed. Her: 75% or so HP. Same thing next turn, just wow. Her: 64% or so HP. I use Rock Slide, which knocks her to her Sitrus Berry, then she uses Agility again. Her: 70% or so HP, paralyzed and +4 Speed. Same thing next turn. Her: 1/2 or so HP and +6 Speed. I use it again, and she misses with Steel Wing. Her: 1/4 or so HP. I switch out for Marsupial as she uses her Hyper Potion. I use Hone Claws twice, both turns she fails to hit me (first she gets fully paralyzed then misses with Steel Wing again). I then kill her in two hits with Rock Slide, first after she flinches. And I get the critical hit on the last turn, but it wouldn't have mattered previous turn either, because of Sturdy. Both Marsupial and VampirMoth grow to Level 38 after that.
All I can say is…GOOD RIDDANCE. Thank god she missed with Hypnosis, because otherwise that thing could have swept some of my guys again. And getting the paralysis and Defense drop near the end helped. That Skarmory sure got what it deserved, that much is certain.

-Was invited by Skyla and Professor Juniper to ride on their plane.

So here's my team:
Spoiler:
Krokorok (M) "Gharial", Level 37
Nature: Careful
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Bite, Crunch, Dig, Sand-Attack

Excadrill (M) "Marsupial", Level 38
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Earthquake, Hone Claws, Rock Slide, Strength

Steelix (F) "Shandra", Level 37
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Thunder Fang

Sandslash (F) "Vinny", Level 37
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Crush Claw, Dig, Magnitude, Rock Tomb

Vibrava (F) "VampirMoth", Level 38
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Crunch, Dig, DragonBreath, Rock Slide

Claydol "Top Hat", Level 37
Nature: Lax
Moves: Bulldoze, Earth Power, ExtraSensory, Psybeam
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Guildmaster Wigglytuff
It Begins
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Water Type Ultimate Challenge - Johto Complete!

So I've been playing Silver on an emulator all day and I've completed Silver.
-The Elite Four weren't terribly difficult because Feraligatr was pretty overleveled.
-Kanto was pathetic
-Red wasn't as hard as I remember. The first time I fought him I got destroyed almost immediately, but the second time was probably the luckiest battle I've ever had. My Pokemon were getting CHs like every other turn and Red's Pokemon were missing a lot. Anyway, here's my final Johto team.

Spoiler:

Crystal
Lvl 62
Strength | Bite | Icy Wind | Surf

Luna
Lvl 54
Surf | Spark | Confuse Ray | Take Down

Storm
Lvl 53
Thrash | Bite | Hyper Beam | Surf

Queen
Lvl 55
Surf | Smokescreen | Dragonbreath | Bubble

Now to play through Sapphire.

VM | PM | MAL

Last edited by Guildmaster Wigglytuff; September 8th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
monsterhair005

I would like to change my fire ultimate to just a single in Fire Red. And also, I am going to be combing it with a solo challenge, so Im just going to be using my charmander along with HM slaves.

Update 2:
-finally beat Misty
-went through the underground path
-beat Lt. Surge
-got through the rock tunnel
-am currently at the pokemon tower

Team:
Charizard lvl. 41
Moves: Flamethrower, Metal Claw, Wing Attack, Mega Punch

HM Slave lvl. 10
Moves: Cut, Bite, Growl, Scratch
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
HatedHero

Random SoulSilver Fire Update #2

In Goldenrod City I took my first loss from Whitney's Wartortle, that kept using Withdraw just to finish off my team with Water Gun while taking no damage...
After I beat her on second try I found a Magby in the National Park to add a fourth member to my hot team. I spent some time to train it up to Level 25 and closed the level gap in my team.

Spoiler:

Instead of Sudowoodo I pissed of a Nidorina with my SquirtBottle (what a pervert name!). In Ecruteak City I fought my rival again who had a freaking RAIKOU! But it wasn't as strong as I feared. Afterwards I got the HM03 and defeated Morty and his harem of grandmas.

Spoiler:

Because it's not easy to find a Fire-type Pokemon that can use Surf, I got a Huntail on my way to Olivine City. With my newly caught slave I travelled to Cianwood City to kick Chuck's butt. Instead of Poliwrath he had a Blissey which quickly fell victim to my Infernape's Mach Punch and gave a lot of XP.

Spoiler:

And this is my team after the fifth badge:

Spoiler:

Ultimate Randomized Monotype Challenge:

Leaf Green (2/8) - SoulSilver (16/16) - Ruby (0/8) - Diamond (0/8) - Black 2 (3/8)
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:04 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant

Pelipper
Level 51 | Female | Gentle | Keen eye
Ice Beam | Surf | Wing Attack | Supersonic

Becca
Level 49 | Female | Lonely | Swarm
Giga Drain | Silver Wind | Aerial Ace | Stun Spore

Ozzy
Level 61 | Male | Quiet | Inner Focus
Fly | Sludge Bomb | Shadow Ball | Confuse Ray

Hope
Level 57 | Female | Quirky | Intimidate
Earthquake | Waterfall | Strength | Dragon Dance

Danny
Level 55 | Male | Naughty | Natural Cure
Dragonbreath | Fly | Perish Song | Take Down

Jiggles
Level 54 | Male | Lonely | Chlorophyll
Giga Drain | Body Slam | Fly | Growth

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Last edited by A Shadow's Soul; September 8th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old September 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Ground Ultimate Challenge: LeafGreen

Update #1:

- Bulbasaur as starter
- Beat Brock
- Caught Nidoran
- Caught Geodude
- Evolved Nidoran into Nidorina
- Evolved Nidorina into Nidoqueen
- Defeated Misty
- Caught Sandshrew
- Caught Dugtrio
- Boarded the S.S. Anne
- Geodude Evolved into Graveler
- Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash
- Beat Gary and received Cut
- Defeated Lt. Surge
- Caught Onix
- Got Silph Scope
- Defeated Marowak and Team Rocket at Pokemon Tower
- Defeated Erika
- Got to Saffron City
- Cleared Silph Co.
- Defeated Sabrina
- Graveler evolved into Golem

Badges

My Team
Spoiler:

Level 36 | Brave

Rollout
Selfdestruct
Magnitude
Rock Throw

Level 36 | Quiet

Brick Break
Slash
Swift
Rock Tomb

Level 35 | Rash

Water Pulse
Mega Kick
Body Slam
Double Kick

Level 34 | Adamant

Dig
Mud-Slap
Sand Tomb
Fury Swipes

Level 34 | Jolly

Dragonbreath
Rock Throw
Rage
Sandstorm
Old September 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

@monsterhair005 - Necrum's asleep so I'll just leave this here.
Quote:
1. All Pokemon on your team must share at least one type with each other. Your team must comprise of at least 2 Pokemon.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 9th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

White 2 Ground Monotype, Update #4

Spoiler:
-Took Skyla's plane to Lentimas Town.
-Was told more about Zekrom and Reshiram, and to go find Drayden and learn more.
-Caught a Camerupt at Reversal Mountain named Rainier.
-Explored the Strange House and got some strange stuff.
-Gharial reached Level 40 and evolved into Krookodile.
-Explored Reversal Mountain with Bianca.
-Arrived in Undella Town.
-Beat Hugh, Unfezant died to one +1 Rock Slide from Marsupial, then Marsupial weakened Samurott with Earthquake before he killed me, and Gharial finished that off. Simisage died to a critical hit +1 Crunch.
-Battled nearly all the trainers between Routes 13 and Undella Bay, and most of the ones on Route 14.
-Beat Cobalion with two hits from Rainier's Earth Power.
-Arrived in Lacunosa Town.
-Heard more about the Lacunosa legend with Professor Juniper and Bianca.
-Found Hugh and confronted Zinzolin with him.
-Went through Routes 12 and 11, and Village Bridge. Some nice trainers there.
-Arrived in Opelucid City.
-Caught a Gligar on Route 11 named Mecoptera, who I put in place of a Ducklett I was carrying around.
-Beat the trainers on Route 9 and trained everyone between Level 45-47.
-Spent some time in the PWT getting BP for a Razor Fang, which I gave to Mecoptera to get her to evolve into Gliscor.
-Beat the trainers in the Opelucid Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Drayden!

Opelucid Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Rainier LV47 / Quick Claw - Earthquake, Earth Power, Yawn, Fire Blast
Shandra LV46 / Rocky Helmet - Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Stone Edge, Iron Tail
Gharial LV46 / Amulet Coin - Dig, Crunch, Sand-Attack, Bite
Top Hat LV46 - Reflect, Psychic, Bulldoze, Earth Power
Mecoptera LV47 - Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Ice Fang, Screech
VampirMoth LV47 / Scope Lens - Earth Power, Rock Slide, Fly, DragonBreath

He starts off with Druddigon while I open with Rainier. I use Yawn, while he starts with Revenge. Me: 85/128 HP. Ouch! I switch in Mecoptera as he uses Crunch before he falls asleep. Me: 104/141 HP. I use Screech to half his Defense. Him: Full health and -2 Defense. Same thing next turn. Him: Full health and -4 Defense. I kill him in one hit with Ice Fang.
After that is Altaria. Unfortunately, he's faster, and uses Cotton Guard, so my Ice Fang barely does anything. Him: 70% or so HP and +3 Defense. He uses Dragon Pulse while I go for Screech. Him: 70% HP and +1 Defense, Me: 47/141 HP. Unfortunately, I can't stay in, so I switch out for Top Hat, who barely takes anything from Dragon Pulse. Me: 83/123 HP. He uses it again while I set up Reflect. Me: 47/123 HP. He misses with Sing, while I hit him with Psychic, which gets a critical hit and knocks him into the red. Him: 18% or so HP and +1 Defense. He uses his Hyper Potion before I use Psychic again. Him: 3/4 or so HP. He misses with Sing again while I hit with Psychic again. Him: 1/2 or so HP and +1 Defense. He uses Dragon Pulse again, which I barely live, but my Reflect wears off then he kills me. I send in VampirMoth and finish him with DragonBreath, and get the critical hit on the last turn, of course.
Following is his own Flygon. I use DragonBreath, and get another critical hit, which almost kills him, while he uses Crunch. Him: 10% or so HP, Me: 102/142 HP. I kill him with DragonBreath next turn. VampirMoth grows to Level 48 after that.
Finally is his big Haxorus. I use DragonBreath, which hits hard, and activates his Sitrus Berry, before he uses Dragon Tail and kills me. Him: 62% or so HP. I send in Shandra, knowing she'll have no problems here. He uses Dragon Dance before I hit him with Ice Fang for not that much. Him: 30% or so HP, +1 Attack and Speed. He uses Shadow Claw, which doesn't do much at all, and he takes damage from the Rocky Helmet, then I kill him with Iron Tail, ending the battle. Shandra grows to Level 47 after that.
That was pretty fun. That Altaria had me concerned when it got in Cotton Guard, but looks like the critical hits were up mine here. I've always liked battling Drayden, and this was no exception. I would also say I got clever with using Yawn at the beginning followed by Screech.

-Drayden told me the story of Reshiram and Zekrom.
-Team Plasma froze Opelucid City.
-Beat the grunts, Zinzolin and the Shadow Triad. On a side note, I lost to Zinzolin the first time because I missed twice against his Cryogonals - once with Shandra's Stone Edge, then I hurt myself in confusion, and again with VampirMoth's Rock Slide on the second one. Then Weavile barely lived Gharial's +1 Attack Dig, and then killed me with a critical hit Ice Shard when I would have lived with less than 5 HP. That was beyond infuriating. If I had saved after beating Drayden, I would have resetted immediately.
-Was told by Drayden, Cheren and Hugh to go to Humilau City.
-Entered the Marine Tube at Undella Town.
-Arrived in Humilau City.
-Went to Route 22 to reach the Giant Chasm.
-Caught a Piloswine named Siberia.
-Used two Heart Scales to reteach AncientPower and Ice Fang to Siberia, then got her to evolve into Mamoswine.
-Found ten Blue Shards and used them to teach Superpower to Siberia.
-Used eight Red Shards to teach Low Kick to Gharial.
-Took on the trainers in the Humilau Gym. Some of them were easy, others were annoying (cough ALOMOMOLA cough).
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Marlon!

Humilau Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Top Hat LV48 / Light Clay - Light Screen, Psychic, Earth Power, Bulldoze
Gharial LV49 / BlackGlasses - Crunch, Dig, Low Kick, Sand-Attack
Siberia LV50 / Soft Sand - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash
VampirMoth LV48 / Lucky Egg - Rock Slide, Fly, Earth Power, DragonBreath
Rainier LV48 / Amulet Coin - Earth Power, Earthquake, Strength, Yawn
Shandra LV48 / Magnet - Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Stone Edge, Iron Tail

He starts off with Wailord while I open with Top Hat. I use Earth Power, while he begins with Rain Dance. Him: 70% or so HP. I use Light Screen, as he goes for Scald, which I live, but it does more than half. Me: 46/128 HP. I use Bulldoze to be on the safe side (as to avoid getting him where he'll heal) before he kills me with Scald. Him: 45% or so HP and -1 Speed. I send in Siberia and kill him with Earthquake.
After that is his Carracosta, ugh. Not the thing I wanted to see right now. I use Earthquake, which knocks him to Sturdy, then his Sitrus Berry activates, and he uses Scald, which I live thanks to Light Screen, but barely, and it burns me. Him: 1/4 HP, Me: 28/173 HP and burned. He doesn't heal, which allows me to finish him with Earthquake.
Next up is Mantine. I use Ice Fang before he kills me with Scald. Him: 3/4 or so HP. I bring in Shandra, and he uses Scald, which I live, then I kill him with Thunder Fang. Me: 73/149 HP.
Finally is his ace, Jellicent. He kills me with Scald, then Light Screen wears off, ugh, that's not good. I send in VampirMoth, and I use Rock Slide, which gets a critical hit and knocks him right near half health, before he uses Scald, which burns me. That's perfect, because I can definitely pick him off with Gharial's Crunch at that point. Him: 55% or ask HP, Me: 63/145 HP and burned. So I send in Rainier as death (and Amulet Coin) fodder to a Scald, then I send in Gharial and use Crunch, which kills him and ends the battle. VampirMoth grows to Level 49 after that and tries to learn Hyper Beam, but I refuse because it's not a good move for it at all.
That was a very fun final Gym battle. All six team members got some screentime and played parts in winning. Top Hat getting that Light Screen up was a big help, and Siberia did a lot of damage thanks to the 20% boost from the Soft Sand. It could have gotten ugly if Carracosta had used Shell Smash (although I did have VampirMoth who probably would have still been faster). Or if Mantine had burned Shandra with Scald, that could have sucked also. I'm not completely sure if that critical hit knocking Jellicent right near half would have mattered for Gharial to kill it, but either way I certainly welcome it. He did put up a fight.

-Met with Hugh outside the Gym and was told by him to go to Route 22.

So here's my team now (lol, at this very time half of them are like one battle away from leveling up):
Spoiler:
Krookodile (M) "Gharial", Level 49
Moves: Crunch, Dig, Low Kick, Sand-Attack

Steelix (F) "Shandra", Level 48
Moves: Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Thunder Fang

Flygon (F) "VampirMoth", Level 49
Moves: DragonBreath, Earth Power, Fly, Rock Slide

Claydol "Top Hat", Level 48
Moves: Bulldoze, Earth Power, Light Screen, Psychic

Camerupt (F) "Rainier", Level 48
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Solid Rock
Moves: Earth Power, Earthquake, Strength, Yawn

Mamoswine (F) "Siberia", Level 50
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash

Pokémon in storage:
Excadrill (M) "Marsupial", Level 42

Gliscor (M) "Mecoptera", Level 49

Platinum Ground Monotype, Update #1

Spoiler:
-Began the game. Chose the girl and named her Sandra. Named my rival Barry.
-Chose Turtwig and named it Forester.
-Beat Barry, went to Sandgem Town and got the Pokédex.
-Got some Poké Balls.
-Arrived in Jubilife City.
-Met with Looker.
-Found Barry at the Trainers' School.
-Got the Pokétch.
-Battled Barry on Route 203. Unfortunately, first time I lost because I was Growled many times and missed an attack, then he kept lowering my Defense with Chimchar.
-Arrived in Oreburgh City.
-Went into the Oreburgh Mine, where I caught a Geodude named Limestone and an Onix named Uranium.
-Beat the trainers in Oreburgh Gate, Route 203 and 204 and the Oreburgh Mine.
-Found the Gym Leader, Roark.
-Beat the trainers in the Gym.
-Challenged the Gym Leader!

Oreburgh Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Forester LV13 - Tackle, Absorb, Razor Leaf, Withdraw
Limestone LV13 - Tackle, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Rock Smash
Uranium LV11 - Tackle, Screech, Rock Throw, Harden

He starts off with Geodude while I open with Forester. I use Razor Leaf, which kills him in one hit. Forester grows to Level 14 after that.
Next up is Onix. He's faster and uses Rock Throw, but it barely does anything, while Razor Leaf…comes short of killing him. Him: 8% or so HP, Me: 33/39 HP. Since he uses a Potion, I take the time to use Withdraw. Unfortunately, he uses Screech, so…looks like he'll have none of that. I kill him with Absorb. Me: Full health and -1 Defense.
Finally is his Cranidos. No, I don't think I can kill this one the same way I did the last one. My Defense was lowered, so I can't stay in. I switch out for Uranium as he uses Leer. He then uses Pursuit…and I miss with Screech. Me: 23/31 HP and -1 Defense. He uses Pursuit again, but I hit with Screech this time. Him: Full health and -2 Defense, Me: 15/31 HP and -1 Defense. I use Rock Throw, which does less than half, while his Pursuit does roughly the same amount. Him: 62% or so HP, Me: 6/31 HP and -1 Defense. I use Rock Throw again before he kills me with Headbutt. Him: 20% or so HP. I bring in Limestone, and he uses Pursuit, but it doesn't do much at all, and I finish him with Rock Smash, ending the battle. Forester grows to Level 15 after that.
That was alright, although I might have been able to do that with just Forester if I had set up Withdraw against Geodude first. That Screech from Onix did catch me off-guard and throw me off a bit, but I preferred giving Limestone a chance to fight also.

Here's my team there:

Spoiler:
Turtwig (M) "Forester", Level 15
Nature: Brave
Moves: Absorb, Razor Leaf, Tackle, Withdraw

Onix (M) "Uranium", Level 11
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Harden, Rock Throw, Screech, Tackle

Geodude (F) "Limestone", Level 13
Moves: Rock Polish, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Tackle

I'm documenting this one much more in-detail on another forum, so the updates here might not be as fast.
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Ultimate Dragon Monotype: HeartGold

Just beat Blue! Now that I have all 16 badges, I'm off to Mt. Silver. Wish me luck!

So, im healing at the Viridian Poké Center, and right after I heal (still at the counter!) Baboa calls me to tell me that there's more objects. So, looks like I'm gonna have a Flygon and a Salamence for the fight! Yay!
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Bestwaffles

Finally finished Crystal! Sapphire up next :D
Spoiler:

-Finally got past Blue's Alakazam, and the rest is history
-Espeon...Nightmare, got very lucky, confused him and he didn't hit me once. The rest was just Sleep Powders and super effective attacks.

Final Team:

Crobat
Level 55
Fly, Giga Drain, Bite, Confuse Ray

Venomoth
Level 55
Sleep Powder, Disable, Psychic, Gust

Weepinbell
Level 55
Razor Leaf, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Cut

Ariados
Level 53
Flash, Night Shade, Solarbeam, Fury Swipes

Tentacruel
Level 55
Icy Wind, Supersonic, Surf, Hydro Pump

Nidoqueen
Level 55
Strength, Earthquake, Double Kick, Shadow Ball

Attached Images
File Type: png Blue.PNG‎ (2.4 KB, 116 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Red.PNG‎ (2.4 KB, 117 views) (Save to Dropbox)

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Ground Ultimate Monotype: LeafGreen

Complete!

Hall of Fame

Spoiler:

The Team

Spoiler:

Level 56 | Jolly

Dragonbreath
Strength
Earthquake
Iron Tail

Level 54 | Quiet

Slash
Swift
Rock Tomb
Brick Break

Level 60 | Rash

Fire Blast
Surf
Blizzard
Body Slam

Level 56 | Brave

Rock Blast
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Focus Punch

Level 55 | Adamant

Earthquake
Slash
Dig
Toxic

Level 68 | Relaxed

Bone Rush
Thrash
False Swipe
Double-Edge

LG, SS, E, Pt, B
Old September 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

White 2 Ground Monotype, Update #5

Spoiler:
-Went to Route 22 and beat all the trainers there.
-Got the Colress Machine from him.
-Had to swap Gharial for Derp (Ducklett), because I needed Surf to proceed. He was my highest
-Went south to Route 21 and reached the Seaside Cave.
-Made it through the Seaside Cave to find the Plasma Frigate, where Marlon opened the hatch.
-Followed Hugh into the frigate.
-Beat all the grunts and got the password.
-Discovered that Kyurem is being held prisoner by Team Plasma.
-Teamed up with Hugh to beat Zinzolin and his cohort before being kicked off the frigate.
-Returned to the Giant Chasm and explored the cave.
-Swapped Derp (Ducklett) for Mecoptera again.
-Reached the Crater Forest and found the old Team Plasma.
-Entered the depths of the frigate.
-Deactivated the barriers, then was confronted by Zinzolin.
-Found Team Plasma Colress and challenged him!

Team Plasma Colress overview:
Team entering the fight: Top Hat LV52 / Light Clay - Psychic, Bulldoze, Earth Power, Light Screen
Shandra LV52 / Quick Claw - Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
VampirMoth LV53 / Soft Sand - Earth Power, Rock Slide, DragonBreath, Fly
Mecoptera LV52 / Lax Incense - Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Ice Fang
Siberia LV53 / Amulet Coin - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash
Rainier LV53 / Charcoal - Fire Blast, Earth Power, Earthquake, Yawn

He starts off with Magneton while I open with Top Hat. I use Bulldoze, while he goes for Flash Cannon. Him: 22% or so HP, Me: 83/138 HP. He uses his Full Restore while I go for Earth Power, which knocks him to Sturdy. I then kill him with Psychic.
After that is Magnezone. I use Earth Power, which knocks him to Sturdy and gets the Special Defense drop before he uses Flash Cannon. Him: 1 HP and -1 Sp Def, Me: 25/138 HP. I kill him with Psychic. Top Hat grows to Level 53 after that.
Next up is Beheeyem. I switch out for Rainier as he uses Energy Ball. Me: 90/145 HP. He uses Psychic, and I barely live, before using Fire Blast, which nearly kills him. Him: 22% or so HP, Me: 5/145 HP. I send in Shandra as he uses Energy Ball again. Me: 98/161 HP. He uses it again before I kill him with Ice Fang. Shandra grows to Level 53 after that. Me: 40/164 HP.
Following is his Klinklang. The Quick Claw activates and I use Ice Fang, which pops his balloon before he uses Shift Gear. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Him: 95% or so HP, +1 Attack and +2 Speed. I send in Siberia as he uses Shift Gear again. Him: 95% or so HP, +2 Attack and +4 Speed. I let Top Hat die to Gear Grind. I send in Mecoptera, and he uses Shift Gear again before I hit with Bulldoze. Him: 45% or so HP, +3 Attack and +5 Speed. He uses Gear Grind, but I live both hits and kill him with Bulldoze. Me: 34/155 HP.
Finally is his Metang. I use Bulldoze, which does just over half, before he uses Agility, then kills me with Meteor Mash. I send in VampirMoth and kill him with Earth Power, ending the battle.
Yeah, I wanted to try to do this flawlessly and have everyone fight, but that didn't work out exactly how I had hoped. Still turned out good, though.

-Was let into Ghetsis' room.
-Found Ghetsis and was then confronted by the Shadow Triad.
-Discovered that Hugh's Purrloin is now a Liepard.
-Beat the Shadow Triad.
-Found Ghetsis in the Giant Chasm's deepest part.
-Witnessed Kyurem in action, but N swooped in on Reshiram.
-Kyurem fused with Reshiram to become White Kyurem.
-Beat White Kyurem in one hit with a critical hit Iron Tail from Shandra.
-Kyurem and Reshiram were separated. Kyurem flew off, leaving one angry Ghetsis in its stead!

Team Plasma Ghetsis overview:
Team entering the fight: Shandra LV53 / Quick Claw - Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang
Top Hat LV53 / Light Clay - Psychic, Bulldoze, Earth Power, Reflect
VampirMoth LV53 / Soft Sand - Earth Power, Rock Slide, DragonBreath, Fly
Mecoptera LV53 / Lax Incense - Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Ice Fang
Siberia LV53 / Ice Gem - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash
Rainier LV53 / Charcoal - Fire Blast, Earth Power, Earthquake, Yawn

He starts off with Cofagrigus while I open with Shandra. I use Iron Tail and miss, while he hits with Shadow Ball and lowers my Special Defense. Me: 122/164 HP and -1 Sp Def. I use Iron Tail, which hits this time AND gets the Defense drop, great. He uses Shadow Ball and lowers my Special Defense AGAIN, joy. Him: 70% or so HP and -1 Defense, Me: 59/164 HP and -2 Sp Def. I use Stone Edge, which doesn't quite kill him, and he kills me with Shadow Ball. Him: 40% or so HP and -1 Defense. I send in Siberia and he uses Protect and blocks my Earthquake first turn, but I kill him next.
After that is Seismitoad. Ugh, not fun. I sacrifice Rainier as death fodder to Muddy Water, then send in Top Hat and use Psychic, which gets the Special Defense drop, before he hits with Muddy Water again. Him: 2/3 or so HP and -1 Sp Def, Me: 44/140 HP. I use Bulldoze before he kills me. I bring in VampirMoth and kill him with Earth Power. Both VampirMoth and Siberia grow to Level 54 after that.
Next up is his big Hydreigon. Ugh, wish I had Shandra alive still. I'm faster and use DragonBreath, which paralyzes him AND he gets fully paralyzed! Him: 62% or so HP and paralyzed. I use it again, but he lives and kills me with Dragon Rush, and Life Orb recoil knocks him to the point where he'll heal. I send in Siberia. He uses his Full Restore, and I use Ice Fang, which, with the boost from the Ice Gem, kills him in one hit.
Following is Eelektross. Shoot! I use Thrash, which does more than half before he hits me with Flamethrower and kills me in one hit with a critical hit on the first hit. Him: 44% or so HP. I send in Mecoptera and use Swords Dance, while he hits with Flamethrower. I use Ice Fang, and he faints.
After that is Toxicroak, who dies in one hit to Bulldoze.
Finally is Drapion. He uses Night Slash, which I live, allowing me to kill him with Bulldoze, ending the battle. Mecoptera grows to Level 54 after that.
Not gonna lie, that was very scary. I got rather lucky (Defense drop on Cofagrigus, paralysis on Hydreigon) and it still came down to just one Pokémon with less than half health left. I still think I played that well enough, though it probably could have gone better.

-N tried to convince Ghetsis to come to the side of good, but Ghetsis didn't want any of that.
-N thanked me for saving Reshiram and told me to go to the Pokémon League.

Here's my team at this point:
Spoiler:
Steelix (F) "Shandra", Level 53
Moves: Ice Fang, Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Thunder Fang

Flygon (F) "VampirMoth", Level 54
Moves: DragonBreath, Earth Power, Fly, Rock Slide

Claydol "Top Hat", Level 53
Moves: Bulldoze, Earth Power, Psychic, Reflect

Camerupt (F) "Rainier", Level 53
Ability: Solid Rock
Moves: Earth Power, Earthquake, Strength, Yawn

Gliscor (M) "Mecoptera", Level 54
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Ice Fang, Swords Dance

Mamoswine (F) "Siberia", Level 54

Pokémon in storage:
Krookodile (M) "Gharial", Level 51

Platinum Ground Monotype, Update #2

Spoiler:
-Returned to Jubilife City and helped Professor Rowan and Lucas get rid of Team Galactic.
-Went through the Ravaged Path with Rock Smash.
-Arrived in Floaroma Town.
-Found Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks.
-Got the grunts out of the meadow.
-Caught a Shellos at the Valley Windworks named Morton.
-Beat Mars in the Windworks. Limestone beat Zubat while Uranium used Screech twice against Purugly and let Forester finish her off.
-Went through Route 205 to Eterna Forest.
-Got Cheryl safely through the forest. In the middle of the action, Forester evolved into Grotle.
-Arrived in Eterna City.
-Met with Barry and found Cyrus at the statue.
-Met Cynthia and got HM01 for Cut from her.
-Caught a Burmy in a honey tree named Maple.
-Beat the trainers in the Eterna Gym.
-Did a bit more training, and Maple evolved into Wormadam.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Gardenia!

Eterna Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Forester LV22 / Oran Berry - Bite, Absorb, Curse, Razor Leaf
Morton LV20 - Mud-Slap, Water Pulse, Hidden Power Dragon, Mud Bomb
Uranium LV18 - Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech, Tackle
Maple LV20 / Cheri Berry - Tackle, Protect, Hidden Power, Bug Bite
Limestone LV18 - Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Selfdestruct

She starts off with Turtwig while I open with Forester. I begin the fight with Curse while she uses Reflect. Me: Full health, +1 Attack and Defense and -1 Speed. She then uses Sunny Day while I go for another Curse. Me: Full health, +2 Attack and Defense and -2 Speed. Then she uses Grass Knot while I go for Curse yet again. Me: 57/65 HP, +3 Attack and Defense and -3 Speed. She uses Grass Knot again while I use Bite, which does pretty much half, but will it be enough to kill her with Reflect up? Her: 1/2 HP, Me: 49/65 HP, +3 Attack and Defense and -3 Speed. She uses Grass Knot again, and I use Bite…which does in fact get the job done. Me: 41/65 HP, +3 Attack and Defense and -3 Speed.
After that is…Roserade? Whoa, she's going straight for her ace right off the bat instead of using Cherrim first! Anyway, she uses Stun Spore, which paralyzes me, but I hit through paralysis and knock her into the red with Bite, then her Sitrus Berry activates. Her: 45% or so HP, Me: 41/65 HP, +3 Attack and Defense, -3 Speed and paralyzed. Then the sunlight fades, and she goes for Grass Knot, which hits hard, but my Oran Berry activates, and I kill her with Bite, whew. Forester grows to Level 23 after that. Me: 30/67 HP, +3 Attack and Defense, -3 Speed and paralyzed.
Finally is Cherrim. She uses Safeguard, while Bite does well over half. Her: 1/4 or so HP. She uses her Super Potion which heals her to full, but I use Bite again and knock her right near there. Her: 1/5 or so HP. She uses Grass Knot, which I barely live, so I finish her off with another Bite, ending the battle.
Well, turns out all the trouble I went through with that Burmy was for nothing (not that that's bad, but it wasn't what I expected). I did not expect her to go straight in for Roserade. She could have used Poison Sting and possibly poisoned me instead of paralyzing me, and that could have ruined my sweep. Speaking of which, I didn't get fully paralyzed a single time, which was nice. Even so, Maple probably wouldn't have had much to worry about from Cherrim, anyway.

And here's my team there:
Spoiler:
Grotle (M) "Forester", Level 23
Moves: Absorb, Bite, Curse, Razor Leaf

Geodude (F) "Limestone", Level 18
Moves: Magnitude, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct

Onix (M) "Uranium", Level 18
Moves: Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech, Tackle

Shellos (M) "Morton", Level 20
Ability: Storm Drain
Moves: Hidden Power Dragon, Mud-Slap, Mud Bomb, Water Pulse

Wormadam (F) "Maple", Level 20
Moves: Bug Bite, Hidden Power, Protect, Tackle

Last edited by Stargazer; September 10th, 2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: adding second badge in Platinum
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:36 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Community Supporter

Username: Dark Leader Adam
Type: Ground
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Ultimate Dragon Monotype: HeartGold

Well, I didn't get any Peak objects, so off I go into Mt. Silver with just Neptune, Chill and Drake. I grind up a little, then fight Red.

(Several tries later)

My thoughts

Spoiler:
After defeating Lapras
Okay, I'm gonna win. Pikachu is gone, and I just got Lapras down. It'll be smooth sailing from here.

PKMN Trainer Red sent out Snorlax!

Hmm... I didn't see that coming.

Noah used a Full Restore!

Snorlax used Blizzard!

Oh my (censored), im doomed.

Drake fainted!
Noah is out of usable Pokémon!

*power off*

OHMYGAWD WHY DOES THAT FREAKING SNORLAX HAVE TO KNOW BLIZZARD!!!!!!!????!

(5 minutes later)

Should've revived Neptune... That might work.

I'll be grinding.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Ultimate Dark Monotype Challenge Hoenn Chapter Update:
-Finally made it to Mt. Pyre, beat out Team Aqua
-Traveled to Lilycove to find my rival in front of the Department Store, defeated RivalMay
-Traveled to Mt. Chimney and beat Team Magma from their hideout, defeated LeaderMaxie but they awoke Groudon
-Traveled to Slateport just in time to see Team Aqua steal the submarine
-Traveled to Lilycove to beat Team Aqua from their hideout, and watched as the submarine got away
-Traveled to Mossdeep City
-Defeated LeadersTate and Liza, ObtainedMind Badge
-Now I've got to see what all the commotion is at the space center...
Party:
Spoiler:

Ninja
Shiftry | Male | Level - 45 | Adamant | Chlorophyll
Faint Attack | Giga Drain | Cut | Razor Wind

Gemstone
Sableye | Female | Level - 46 | Modest | Keen Eye
Thief | Shadow Ball | Rock Tomb | Rock Smash

Thorny
Cacturne | Male | Level - 44 | Gentle | Sand Veil
Needle Arm | Faint Attack | Pin Missile | Strength

Pincers
Crawdaunt | Female | Level - 45 | Brave | Hyper Cutter
Surf | Knock Off | Vicegrip | Ice Beam

Abe
Absol | Male | Level - 45 | Modest | Pressure
Bite | Future Sight | Thunderbolt | Aerial Ace

HM Slave

Last edited by JollyRoger25; September 11th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:13 AM
A Shadow's Soul
Community Supporter

Gold Monotype Completed!

All of the Johto part of the story.
Spoiler:

All of the Kanto part of the story. (Gyms are in the order in which I beat them.)
Spoiler:

End Team:

Level 78
Earthquake | Rock Throw | Strength | Rollout

Level 76
Surf | Strength | Rain Dance | Flash

Level 75
Crunch | Rock Throw | Dragonbreath | Iron Tail

Level 70
Blizzard | Endure | Take Down | Icy Wind

Level 68
Fury Swipes | Cut | Dig | Rock Smash

On to Leafgreen!

Old September 12th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

White 2 Ground Monotype, Update #6 - Final Update of Main Story

Spoiler:
-Explored the ruins of the Giant Chasm, finding Rood, two grunts and some items.
-Made it outside to Route 23, where an Ace Trainer inside a house was so nice as to heal my ridiculously fallen team.
-Battled some of the trainers on Route 23.
-Met with N at Victory Road's entrance and got HM05 for Waterfall.
-Caught a Golurk in Victory Road named Megatron (after SO MANY with Klutz it's not even funny, and one with Iron Fist but a crappy nature).
-Beat the rest of the trainers on Route 23 that can only be accessed with Cut.
-Went through Victory Road, but didn't battle all the trainers (some of them I couldn't because I didn't have Surf).
-Took on Hugh. Unfezant was flinched from Gharial's Rock Slide then was an easy 2HKO after he healed, Bouffalant barely lived a +1 Low Kick but I survived his Megahorn with 6 HP. Then Samurott was almost OHKOed by a +2 Earthquake, but he finished off Gharial with Revenge. Then Top Hat beat Samurott with Psychic. and barely survived Simisage's Energy Ball, allowing me to lower his Speed with Bulldoze then have Siberia finish him off with Ice Fang.
-Arrived at the Pokémon League.
-Beat a few more of the trainers in Victory Road to get everyone to Level 57/58.
-Stocked up on items and entered the Pokémon League!

Elite Four Marshal overview:
Team entering the fight: Mecoptera LV57 - Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Thunder Fang
Megatron LV57 / Quick Claw - Drain Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch
Gharial LV57 / Lax Incense - Crunch, Earthquake, Low Kick, Rock Slide
VampirMoth LV57 / Soft Sand - Dragon Claw, Earth Power, Fly, Rock Slide
Top Hat LV57 / Light Clay - Earth Power, Light Screen, Psychic, Reflect
Siberia LV57 / Expert Belt - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash

He starts off with Throh while I open with Mecoptera. I use Acrobatics, which does more than half, and he misses with Rock Tomb. Him: 1/3 or so HP. I kill him next turn with another Acrobatics, which gets the critical hit on the last turn, of course.
Next up is Conkeldurr…who dies in one hit to a critical hit Acrobatics. That's just sad. Mecoptera grows to Level 58 after that.
After that is Lucario. I switch out for VampirMoth as he uses Calm Mind. I use Earth Power, but he just uses Calm Mind again. Him: 1/3 or so HP, +2 Sp Atk and Sp Def. This allows me to kill him next turn with another Earth Power.
Following is Mienshao. I'm faster and use Fly, while he uses Hi Jump Kick, but misses and does half his health, so I kill him next turn.
Finally is his Sawk. Dragon Claw does less than half, while his Brick Break does more than half. Him: 60% or so HP, Me: 74/171 HP. I use Fly, and after he fails to hit me first turn, I also fail to kill him, and he finishes me with Brick Break. Him: 1% or so HP. I bring in Gharial, and he uses his Hyper Potion, but i'm faster and 2HKO him with Earthquake, ending the battle.

I wasn't expecting this to be hard because I had a lot of stuff to use against him, so yeah, not much to comment on here. But I guess he got a bit unlucky, between missing with Rock Tomb and the critical hit against Conkeldurr, though i'm not completely sure if that mattered, because even if he had survived the worst he could have done to Mecoptera was use Stone Edge or something.

Elite Four Grimsley overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as last time, except Mecoptera is Level 58, and Siberia is up front. All others remain unchanged.
He starts off with Liepard while I open with Siberia. He uses Fake Out, and the Normal Gem boosts its power, but it gets a critical hit. Me: 121/197 HP. He then uses Night Slash, but I live that and kill him with Superpower. Me: 60/197 HP, -1 Attack and Defense.
After that is Scrafty. Expecting him to go for Brick Break, I send in Megatron, but he uses Crunch! And it does more than half. Me: 57/179. I use Drain Punch, but it barely does enough for a 2HKO and he kills me with Crunch. And he gets a boost from Moxie. Him: 1/2 HP and +1 Attack. I send in VampirMoth and use Earth Power, which fails to kill him and he hits with Rock Tomb. Him: 16% or so HP, Me: 148/171 HP and -1 Speed. He uses his Full Restore, and I hit with Earth Power again. Him: 70% or so HP. I use Fly, and he misses with Rock Tomb. I surface with Fly and barely fail to kill him before he uses Rock Tomb again. Him: 1/5 HP, Me: 125/171 HP and -2 Speed. He uses Crunch and nearly kills me, allowing me to kill him with Earth Power. Me: 11/171 HP and -2 Speed.
Next up is Krookodile. I just let VampirMoth be death fodder to a Crunch, then I send in Gharial. Haha! I start with Low Kick, which does more than half, as he uses Rock Tomb, why am I not surprised. And it gets a critical hit no less. Him: 44% or so HP, Me: 151/193 HP. He uses Earthquake, and…critical hit on the first hit. Yeah, think you're real funny, huh?! I send in Mecoptera and kill him with Acrobatics, but not without him using Crunch AND lowering my Defense. Me: 123/174 HP and -1 Defense.
Following is Absol. I switch in Top Hat as he uses Swords Dance, but luckily I am faster and use Reflect, while he uses Night Slash and I manage to live. Me: 33/151 HP. I then use Earth Power before he kills me with another Night Slash. Him: 60% or so HP. I send in Siberia hoping to finish the job, but he's faster and kills me with X-Scissor. What?! I only have Mecoptera left, so I send him in and use Swords Dance, but he only uses Psycho Cut. Me: 87/174 HP and +2 Attack. I kill him with Acrobatics.
Finally is his ace, Bisharp. He's faster (?!) and uses Night Slash, but it hardly does anything because of Reflect, and I kill him in one hit with Bulldoze. Mecoptera grows to Level 59 after that.

That was just bogus on so many levels. Lots of dumb critical hits (okay, the one with Rock Tomb didn't matter), some low-end damage survivals, and weird outspeedings just made for a not fun battle at all. Seriously, since when is a Bisharp faster than a freaking Gliscor?! Yes I know I have a -Speed nature but still, I rest my case.

Elite Four Caitlin overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as last time, except i'm leading with Megatron, who has the Expert Belt instead of the Quick Claw. Also, Siberia has the Lax Incense, and Gharial has the BlackGlasses. All others remain unchanged.
She starts off with Musharna while I open with Megatron. I use Shadow Punch, which does more than enough for a 2HKO (around 3/4), and she misses with Hypnosis. So I kill her next turn with another Shadow Punch.
After that is Sigilyph. She's faster and uses Ice Beam, which does more than half, while I use Shadow Punch, which leaves her with like 1 HP. Her: 1 HP, Me: 42/179 HP. She uses her Full Restore, while I go for Shadow Punch again, which does kill her this time. Haha, she wasted her Full Restore.
Next up is Reuniclus. I use Shadow Punch again, which knocks her into the red before she kills me with Energy Ball. Her: 1/4 or so HP. I send in Gharial and kill her with Crunch, and gain Moxie boost with it. Me: Full health and +1 Attack.
Following that is her ace, Metagross. I use Earthquake, which kills her in one hit with a critical hit. I'm not completely sure if that mattered because of the boost from Moxie, but I still welcome it. Gharial grows to Level 58 after that. Me: Full health and +2 Attack.
Finally is Gothitelle, who dies in one hit to Crunch, ending the battle.

That was a much smoother change of pace. It was fun giving Megatron a chance to go here, and it did well enough, even if that Sigilyph gave me a scare by surviving that hit. And I did get a bit lucky with Musharna missing with Hypnosis, at that.

Elite Four Shauntal overview:
Team entering the fight: Same as last time, except Megatron has the Spell Tag and Siberia has the Expert Belt. All others remain unchanged.
She starts off with Cofagrigus while I open with Megatron. I use Shadow Punch, which does more than enough for a 2HKO, and Mummy gets rid of my Iron Fist. She uses Shadow Ball which does the same deal. Her: 30% or so HP, Me: 47/179 HP. At least she didn't use Will-o-Wisp! I use Shadow Punch again and kill her. Megatron grows to Level 58 after that.
Next up is Drifblim, who straight off kills me with Shadow Ball. So I send in Gharial, who kills her in one hit with Crunch. Gharial grows to Level 59 after that.
After that is Chandelure. Ugh, she might kill me in one hit with Fire Blast. I switch into VampirMoth, who, sadly, takes half. Me: 86/171 HP. She uses it again and kills me. I compare the HP/Sp Def of the two - 199/111 for Gharial and 171/108 for VampirMoth. Yeah, that was just plain silly of me. I bring in Top Hat, and she uses Fire Blast again, which I BARELY live, it even burns me no less! But I get in Light Screen before dying to burn damage. I then use Siberia, who also dies in one hit without a critical hit. Ouch! I send in Mecoptera, and live another Fire Blast with health to spare, so I use Swords Dance. Me: 81/176 HP and +2 Attack. Now she's out of PP for Fire Blast, so she uses Struggle (since the Choice Scarf prevents her from using another attack) while I use Swords Dance again. Her: 3/4 HP, Me: 68/176 HP. She uses Struggle again before I kill her with Bulldoze. Me: 56/176 HP and +4 Attack.
Both Banette and Golurk are then OHKOed by Acrobatics, ending the battle.

Yeah, I didn't think this one through well. I should have just stayed in with Gharial, survived a hit from Chandelure and killed her. I was expecting Siberia to survive Fire Blast because of Light Screen, but alas, even that couldn't save it. Not a very good battle, mostly because of how stupid I was.

-With the Elite Four done, I went down with the statue and up the temple, to fight the Champion, Iris!

Champion Iris overview:
Team entering the fight: Top Hat LV57 / Light Clay - Earth Power, Light Screen, Psychic, Reflect
Siberia LV57 / Expert Belt - Earthquake, Ice Fang, Superpower, Thrash
Mecoptera LV59 - Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Thunder Fang
VampirMoth LV57 / Draco Plate - Dragon Claw, Earth Power, Fly, Rock Slide
Megatron LV58 / Spell Tag - Drain Punch, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch
Gharial LV59 / BlackGlasses - Crunch, Earthquake, Low Kick, Rock Slide

She starts off with Hydreigon while I open with Top Hat. She uses Surf, and I barely live, which is good because it allows me to set up Light Screen. Me: 23/151 HP. She then kills me with Fire Blast. I send in Siberia, hoping to kill her with Superpower…but she uses Fire Blast, and gets a critical hit, which kills me. Okay, that kinda sucks! I send in VampirMoth and use Dragon Claw, which doesn't kill her, as I was predicting, and she uses Dragon Pulse, which I manage to survive thanks to Light Screen. Her: 8% or so HP, Me: 51/171 HP. She uses her Full Restore, and I use Rock Slide for no real reason. Her: 82% or so HP. I kill her with Dragon Claw. VampirMoth grows to Level 58 after that.
Okay, so we lost two guys to the first Pokémon, and one of them's almost dead; this is not looking too good at all. As if that's not bad enough, she sends in Lapras next. Yikes! I do have Light Screen up, but I still don't know what will happen. I use Rock Slide…which gets a critical hit AND she flinches! Holy smokes. Her: 5% HP. I kill her with Dragon Claw. Yeah, that thing got seriously unlucky, but that's what you deserve for the critical hit on Siberia. And Light Screen wears off, but that's fine since she doesn't have any other serious special attacks to worry about.
Following that is Druddigon. I use Dragon Claw, but she barely lives, even with STAB and the 20% boost from the Dragon Fang, and kills me with Focus Blast. Her: 1/8 or so HP. I then bring in Megatron and kill her with Shadow Punch.
After that is Haxorus. Gulp! She uses Outrage, and I barely live, allowing me to hit her with Ice Punch for a little over half. Her: 40% or so HP, Me: 28/182 HP. She then kills me with Outrage, but becomes confused. After thinking over who to send in next between Mecoptera and Gharial, I notice that Mecoptera has much more Defense, and although Gharial is faster than Mecoptera, he might not be faster than Haxorus, and he could possibly die in one hit to Outrage. So I send in Mecoptera, thinking he's my only chance. She hits through confusion and uses Outrage again, but I survive it with health to spare and kill her with Acrobatics. Mecoptera grows to Level 60 after that. Me: 82/179 HP.
Next up is Aggron. I use Bulldoze, which does well over half, but not even 70%. It does lower her Speed, but she just goes right for the Head Smash and kills me. Her: 3/8 or so HP and -1 Speed. I bring in Gharial and kill her with Low Kick. I gain the boost from Moxie. Me: Full health and +1 Attack.
Finally is Archeops. Oh man, she's gonna kill me with Acroba-oh, wait, i'm faster? That said, I kill her in one hit with Rock Slide thanks to Moxie, ending the battle. Gharial grows to Level 60 after that, and learns Outrage, which I replace Rock Slide with just for fun, although we've already beaten the game.

ANOTHER fight that left me on the edge of my seat with but one Pokémon remaining. That critical hit on Siberia at the beginning really shook things up, and it probably would have changed the outcome of the entire battle if she had lived that and killed Hydreigon. Well, maybe not, because maybe things would have gone different against Lapras. Speaking of such, getting that critical hit and flinch did kinda save our butts, because otherwise she could have killed me, then Haxorus might have spelled the end. Megatron and Mecoptera both taking hits from it were serious lifesavers. All in all, I can say that i'm glad with how this battle turned out.

-Iris took me into the Hall of Fame and inducted my team as Champions!

Here's my final team, in reverse order of when I got them:
Spoiler:

Nature: Impish
Caught at: Victory Road
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Shadow Punch, Earthquake
Despite being a last-minute addition to the team, you were a solid fighter that was able to hit hard and come in handy on more than one occasion. You did well.

Caught at: Giant Chasm
Although Mamoswine is probably my favorite Ground-type, you didn't get as much use in these final battles as I had hoped. You just got flat out unlucky. You're still awesome, though.

Caught at: Route 11
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves: Acrobatics, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Thunder Fang
I can safely say you were the MVP of this Elite Four. You definitely made that troublesome time spent at the PWT getting that Razor Fang worthwhile. You got us through so many difficult opponents and barely pulled us out of the fire more than once.

Caught at: Relic Castle
Moves: Earth Power, Light Screen, Psychic, Reflect
With your solid defenses and screening capabilities, you were no waste of time to put on the team. You saved us from Marlon, Iris, and a few other toughies. I'm glad I caught you, and it was my first time using Claydol in BW2 in fact, so I can say I liked it.

Caught at: Desert Resort
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earth Power, Fly, Rock Slide
A very formidable Pokémon, with your speed and power, getting us through a lot of tough stuff. You especially helped against Iris, by beating the stuffing out of that Hydreigon thanks to Light Screen, as well as getting extremely lucky against Lapras and weakening Druddigon to save us from the later threats. I'm glad you're a part of the team.

Caught at: Route 4
Moves: Crunch, Earthquake, Low Kick, Outrage
And last but not least, you've been with us the longest amount of time. You had a lot to use and came out well. To think I was actually contemplating not using you anymore? Nonsense, I made the right decision. If anyone had to be the last one standing, and/or deal the final blow of this run, i'm glad it was you.

Other team members in storage:
Camerupt (F) "Rainier", Level 54
Caught at: Reversal Mountain

Caught at: Relic Castle

Steelix (F) "Shandra", Level 55
Caught at: Relic Passage

Caught at: Relic Passage

- Just for indisputable proof.

I might do the big post-game opponents, so we'll see what happens. But for now, Platinum is my main priority.
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM
A Shadow's Soul
Community Supporter

LeafGreen Monotype Completed.

First Elite Four run was a total mess had no revives after Lance with only 2 pokemon left, lost and after that I couldn't get to Lance so I had to go away and grind like crazy.
Spoiler:

Finally beat the E4 After Grinding
Spoiler:

End Team:

Geochick
Level 72 | Female | Hasty | Sturdy
Earthquake | Rock Blast | Double-Edge | Strength

Sandles
Level 64 | Male | Sassy | Sand Veil
Dig | Cut | Slash | Aerial Ace

Rocky
Level 63 | Male | Adamant | Sturdy
Rock Throw | Crunch | Iron Tail | Double-Edge

Danny
Level 63 | Male | Brave | Poison Point
Megahorn | Thrash | Brick Break | Surf

Me So Horn
Level 61 | Female | Gentle | LightningRod
Rock Blast | Earthquake | Horn Drill | Take Down

The Bobble
Level 60 | Female | Bold | Sand Veil
Earthquake | Rock Slide | Fury Swipes | Slash

On to Pokemon Emerald!

Old September 12th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Bladewing
Swords for feathers since '98!

Alright, I was already in one, so I might as well make it official:

Name: Bladewing
Type: Poison
Challenge: Single
Game: False Red

For those who dont know, False Red is a creepypasta romhack of Firered. It changes absolutely nothing aside from in-game text, so for all intents and purposes, it is Firered.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Duchess: Level 38 Nidoqueen
  • Poison Sting
  • Bite
  • Double Kick
  • Strength

The Earl: Level 39 Nidoking
  • Surf
  • Peck
  • Thrash
  • Double Kick

Vaccine: Level 38 Beedrill
  • Poison Sting
  • Pursuit
  • Twineedle
  • Fury Attack

Vino: Level 38 Venosaur
  • Tackle
  • Poisonpowder
  • Sleep powder
  • Razor Leaf
(Curse Venusaur's lack of moves :I)

Currently have the first 4 badges and am doing Silph. Co (Because why not?)
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Bestwaffles

Making good progress on Sapphire, this Monotype has been so much fun!
Spoiler:

-Picked and boxed Torchic after catching a Wurmple.
-Wurmple evolved into Silcoon...Bring me another!
-Finally got a Cascoon, after 6 or 7 attempts.
-Defeated Roxanne surprisingly easily with Dustox.
-Caught a Tentacool.
-Caught a Zubat.
-Defeated Brawly, was no real challenge.
-Caught a Gulpin.
-Caught an Oddish.
-Caught a Roselia.
-Defeated Wattson, there was some difficulties, but after spamming Growth and Mega Drain with Roselia, got there in the end!

Current Team:

Tentacool
Clear Body
Level 18 | Docile

Supersonic, Poison Sting, Constrict

Zubat
Inner Focus
Level 18 | Adamant

Supersonic, Bite, Leech Life, Astonish

Gulpin
Liquid Ooze
Level 20 | Lonely

Pound, Sludge, Amnesia, Yawn

Oddish
Chlorophyll
Level 20 | Serious

Absorb, Sweet Scent, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder

Roselia
Poison Point
Level 21 | Docile

Mega Drain, Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore

Dustox
Shield Dust
Level 21 | Naughty

Protect, Moonlight, Gust, Confusion

Attached Images
File Type: png Roxanne.PNG‎ (4.7 KB, 78 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Brawly.PNG‎ (5.6 KB, 78 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Wattson.PNG‎ (5.6 KB, 78 views) (Save to Dropbox)

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Flying Monotype - Platinum

- Went nuts trying to find a Drifloon. Turns out I had already caught one and I was wasting my time.
- Staraptor and Gliscor already at level 40 when I reached Veilstone. Spent most of the storyline leveling Togepi and Drifloon
- I hate Distortion World.
- Defeated the rest of the gyms.
- Team at upper 50s after exiting Victory Road.
- ELITE FOUR SO WEAK

Completion time: 18:26

Final team:
Spoiler:
Adamant Togekiss Lv. 62
Air Slash|Aura Sphere|Flamethrower|Roost

Calm Drifloon Lv. 58
Psychic|Shadow Ball|Thunderbolt|Stockpile

Hardy Staraptor Lv. 58
Brave Bird|Return|Close Combat|Aerial Ace

Hardy Gliscor Lv. 58
Return|Earthquake|X-Scissor|Swords Dance

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Harmonixer3500
Pokémon Master

A bigger update this time around. After I finished training for Jasmine (during which my Koffing evolved into Weezing) I went to fight Jasmine. Against her first Magnemite I used Gloom to minimize shock damage. However Gloom ultimately was defeated so I brought out Gengar who made short work of both Magnemite before Steelix came out. Steelix destroyed Gengar with one Iron Tail but Qwilfish's Surf won the day. Then I made my way to Mahagony Town beating the various trainers on the way. Went to the Lake of Rage and trashed the Red Gyarados with liberal use of Gengar's Shadow Ball attack. Then went through the Rocket HQ in town and trashed everyone there in short order. Then after parting ways with Lance I went into the gym. Gengar made short work of his Seel and Dewgong and Qwilfish dealt with Piloswine very easily. Currently beating the Team Rocket members at the Radio Tower.
Current Team: Lvl 37 Male Gengar, Lvl 36 Male Weezing, Lvl 37 Male Crobat, Lvl 37 Female Gloom, Lvl 36 Female Venomoth, Lvl 36 Female Qwilfish
Old September 14th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

Platinum Ground Monotype, Update #3

Spoiler:
-Went through the Galactic Eterna Building and beat Jupiter.
-Got the Bike from the shop owner.
-Went down Cycling Road, battling tons of trainers with unoriginal Pokémon along the way.
-Caught a Gligar on Route 206 named Jade.
-Caught a Gible in the Wayward Cave named Margarita.
-Got TM26 for Earthquake, which I used on Jade.
-Got the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Machine from Lucas.
-Went through Mt. Coronet and Route 208.
-Arrived in Hearthome City.
-Got the Amulet Coin from Amity Square.
-Went through the Wayward Cave with Mira, and got everyone to Level 25 in the process.
-Challenged the Gym Leader, Fantina!

Hearthome Gym overview:
Team entering the fight: Morton LV25 / Rawst Berry - Hidden Power, Mud-Slap, Mud Bomb, Water Pulse
Forester LV26 / Quick Claw - Absorb, Bite, Curse, Razor Leaf
Uranium LV25 / Amulet Coin - Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech, Tackle
Limestone LV25 / Chesto Berry - Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Smash, Selfdestruct
Jade LV25 / Chesto Berry - Earthquake, Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack
Maple LV20 - Bug Bite, Hidden Power, Protect, Tackle

She starts off with Duskull while I open with Morton. I use Water Pulse, which does around 1/3, as she uses Future Sight and foresees an attack. Her: 2/3 or so HP. She then uses Shadow Sneak…which gets a critical hit. I use Water Pulse again. Her: 1/3 or so HP, Me: 58/79 HP. She doesn't use Shadow Sneak again, allowing me to kill her with another Water Pulse, but then I take the Future Sight attack. Me: 47/79 HP.
Next up is her ace, Mismagius. Instead of attacking right off the bat, she goes for Confuse Ray, and luckily I hit, but it doesn't do much at all. Her: 6/7 or so HP. She then uses Shadow Ball, and I barely live…but I hurt myself in confusion. I don't faint, but it doesn't matter, because she kills me next turn with Magical Leaf. Now the race to take this thing out! I have an idea, though it's a bit risky. I send in Maple, and she uses Shadow Ball, which hits hard, but I go for Bug Bite, and I steal and eat her Sitrus Berry. Her: 3/4 or so HP, Me: 31/59. She kills me with another Shadow Ball, but that's fine; Maple did her job. So I send in Forester, and she uses Shadow Ball for enough for a 2HKO before I hit her with Bite. Her: 15% or so HP, Me: 36/75 HP. She uses her Super Potion, and doesn't quite get healed to full, before I hit her with Bite again. Her: 30% or so HP. She then kills me with Shadow Ball. I bring in Jade, and she uses Confuse Ray…sure enough, I hit myself. Me: 66/74 HP. She then uses Shadow Ball again, but I live, AND she gets the Special Defense drop, though I hit through confusion and kill her with Faint Attack. Me: 30/74 HP, -1 Sp Def and confused.
Finally is her Haunter. She's faster and uses Hypnosis, but my Chesto Berry wakes me up, and I hit through confusion and use Faint Attack…which fails to kill her. Her: 10% or so HP. She uses Shadow Claw, and I hurt myself in confusion. Me: 11/74 HP. She kills me with another Shadow Claw. I bring in Uranium, and she's faster than that and uses Shadow Claw, but it doesn't do much at all, and I hit with Rock Throw, ending the battle.
Gosh darn it, that was a freaking mission and a half. If I had some Persim Berries this wouldn't have been quite as much of an annoyance. But all things considered I guess I can say that Mismagius was a good challenge, by far the hardest foe i've faced here yet. Again, i'm quite thankful that I farmed a few extra Chesto Berries and gave one to Jade, and it was good that she survived that Shadow Ball well. It also helped getting rid of the Sitrus Berry with Maple, because otherwise she would have had over half following it and things could have ended much worse. Either way, it all worked out.

So here's my team:
Spoiler:
Grotle (M) "Forester", Level 26
Moves: Absorb, Bite, Curse, Razor Leaf

Onix (M) "Uranium", Level 25
Moves: Rock Throw, Rock Tomb, Screech, Tackle

Golem (F) "Limestone", Level 25
Moves: Magnitude, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Selfdestruct

Shellos (M) "Morton", Level 25
Ability: Storm Drain
Moves: Hidden Power Dragon, Mud-Slap, Mud Bomb, Water Pulse

Gligar (F) "Jade", Level 25
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Earthquake, Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack

Wormadam (F) "Maple", Level 20
Moves: Bug Bite, Hidden Power, Protect, Tackle

And storage:
Bidoof (M) "Derp", HM slave
Moves: Cut, Rock Smash

Gible (M) "Margarita", Level 19
Old September 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Ultimate Dark Monotype Challenge Hoenn Chapter Update:
-Teamed up with Steven and DefeatedMagma Leader Maxie andMagma Admin Tabitha
-Showed Team Magma the error of their ways
-Got HM 06 (Dive) from Steven at his house
-Made my way to Pacifidlog Town
-Taught HM 06 (Dive) to Pincers
-Dove on Route 127, found the Submarine
-Made my way though the Seafloor Cavern
-DefeatedAqua Leader Archie, but still awoke Kyogre
-Well the world is in all sorts of crap now, so the only reasonable thing to do is to awaken another ancient pokemon of legend, smart right?
-Met Wallace in the Cave of Origin, he told me to find Rayquaza at Sky Pillar, so I flew to Pacifidlog Town and made my way up to Rayquaza on top of the Sky Pillar
-He woke up, and ran off
-Flew back to Sootopolis City to find him owning both Kyogre and Groudon, then fly off
-Got HM 07 (Waterfall) from Wallace
-Taught HM 07 (Waterfall) to Pincers
-DefeatedLeader Juan, ObtainedRain Badge
-Now that I have all eight badges, its time to challenge Wallace for the championship...
Party:
Spoiler:

Ninja
Shiftry | Male | Level - 50 | Adamant | Chlorophyll
Faint Attack | Giga Drain | Cut | Razor Wind

Gemstone
Sableye | Female | Level - 50 | Modest | Keen Eye
Thief | Shadow Ball | Rock Tomb | Rock Smash

Thorny
Cacturne | Male | Level - 50 | Gentle | Sand Veil
Needle Arm | Faint Attack | Pin Missile | Strength

Pincers