The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Well Cat Dog, they reason Black City and White Forest are being retained is to ensure compatibility with the original Black and White.

I loved Black City's design so I'm glad they're back.
Given that multiple cities have changed, and parts of the country have been frozen over, I guess I thought that the poor old Black City/White Forest may have used this opportunity to 'disappear' as well. But, apparently not... sigh.
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Aamelo
Reality Bender.

Nature: Quiet
Well. Theorachly the area where the Black Forest and Black City were are covered in Ice in the new map. Witch is a bit weird, actually.

And I just Love the Concept of the Fire-Water Caves. Reminds me of Hailfire Peaks for some reason xD
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.
All of the old Remake hints were people though XD

Bill was referenced a few times in R/S/E and Jasmine was in D/P/Pt.

And no the Magma Cave is in White. The Water Cave is in Black.
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.
Ya, but he also made a Cameo in HG/SS. Not to mention they have Lance who represents Johto as a Champion and Cynthia who is Champion of Sinnoh. Since all four previous champions are in this its hard to take Steven's presence there when three others are also shown without the rest of their Gym Leaders as meritable proof.

Only SOLID thing we do have are the caves, which even I won't try to refute. Though it still isn't really enough as a whole. Cause as I joked earlier, they could simply throw Groudon and Kyogre in to troll us.
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types
None of the World Tournament Characters play any part in the story. They are only there for the World Tournament.
Old June 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Aamelo
Reality Bender.

Nature: Quiet
I Honestly just think they are normal caves, normal, with no especial event (?), and the only different between them is the water-lava. D:
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
^ lol so many people would be let down

I hope that the concept that black city and white forest had in B/W changes
You had to get there fast enough to keep some people in the town/city from leaving
Source

I get to those areas so late in the game that by the time im there, there is only three people left

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Community Supporter

The speed thing for me makes little sense, why have people rush though the game?
Well we don't know if the World Tournament people won't have any events in game. It could be like in HgSs where Steven was there for starters, and Beldum but also played a role in the Lati@s event caused by a wi-fi event item.
Old June 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Forever
let it go

Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.
Old June 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Be awesome if Surf can be used on LAVA in this. Shame to only (?) do it in Ranger Guardian Signs (on Torkoal only).
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:59 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.
Being version exclusive, I doubt it will play a role in the story. Maybe something post-game with a reference to Team Aqua/Magma...?
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I hated black city. I had expected it to be really epic, but when I got there there was NO ONE THERE>>>>>.> because I don't have any friends to wifi with. DERRP>..>
Old June 16th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Community Supporter

Perhaps they share a similar role like how the mascots share a similar role and yet are version exclusives themselves...
I like the entrances to Black city and White Forest much better than the Imo boring entrance in BW.
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

I love all the speculation that it could lead to something Ruby-Sapphire related

I'm particularly excited by the thought of the fire cave, I must say
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

This thought came to me when I was exploring Magma's hideout in Emerald, wouldn't it be cool if the caves had remixes of the Magma and Aqua's hideout?
What if the caves are actually Terra and Marine caves? They do change location...
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I hope there is some use for the caves. It would be a nice place to house Groudon and Kyogre. Even though they appeared in HG/SS, it would give the fans another R/S hint to obsess over. It would be a shame to see them go to waste.

If it doesn't house a legendary Pokemon, it'll probably just be like the Chargestone cave which had potential to be interesting but instead was just a dragged out maze.
Old June 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.
A water cave would make sense near him, yes, but the purpose of a fire cave just in front of a water gym leader defies what B/W set up of making it easier the area before, rather, this would make it harder.
Old June 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Community Supporter

I would perfer if it were harder actually xD
Though even the water cave would be difficult as water isn't super effective against water either...
Also I just noticed but the major caves have Lightning (the one before Skyla's), Fire, and Water like the Johto trio...perhaps...
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Awwww I wanted Elekid in Black, not Magby. :p

The new areas sound pretty cool though. Yet another not so obvious RSE hint.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Community Supporter

I wonder if perhaps they'll have a ingame trade for the version exclusives like they did for Petilil, and Cottonee in where you give the one in your game and get the one from the other game.
I'm hoping for one more version exclusive spot but likely that's it.
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Haseyo
쏘쿨

Yeah I liked that trade, it was useful. Not these "Oh, do you have a Dratini? Wanna trade for my Magikarp?"

Excuse me?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here