The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:01 AM
PKMNPurePower
Beginning Trainer

I'm sure whether or not this was intended (I don't have screenshots) but in Diglett Cave I caught the Moltres (Yeah, with a ****in pokeball) and after I caught it there was still a Moltres there - You could catch unlimited Moltres
Also directly to the left of where that Moltres was you can walk through the wall

Also - how do I get from Vermillion to Cerulean?

Last edited by PKMNPurePower; June 22nd, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:03 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Although the mapping looks a bit poor, THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

It's the sort of hack where this style of mapping works because the hack as a whole is quite... Different, ts not too serious and looks fun!

Demo coming soon!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Thanks, everyone!

I added a known bugs section and a "tips" section. The tips section is for little problems people keep having- How to get to Cerulean, the ice puzzle in Seafoam, those sort of things.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Hey ! Very prototype idea ! I have never thought of something like that ! Good Luck
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
This is a fantastic idea. Honestly, I had never thought about it until now. Are you going to make other backwards games, like ruby/sapphire or gold/silver?

Although the mapping is mediocre at best, I think you get your point across very well as to what each area is and how it was supposed to be changed, and that's really all that matters in a hack. Nice graphics and touches are just buffs.

Although I won't be playing this hack (too much crap on my hands at the moment) I'll be lurking the forums as usual paying attention. Good luck, Godspeed.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:11 AM
PKMNPurePower
Beginning Trainer

The post-game is a bit weird - but are you really meant to win that battle at the end. Also, I can't see a reason you can't do the endgame before finishing the game.
The first member of the elite 4 deserved it and btw I feel the 8th gym was a bit underlevelled
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Basstaztic
Beginning Trainer

anyone know where to get a spoink?
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:44 AM
PKMNPurePower
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstaztic View Post
anyone know where to get a spoink?
I honestly can't remember, but I know you find them at level 20 or something. I think it's just to the left of Saffron city but don't quote me on that
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Basstaztic
Beginning Trainer

I faced Koga with one, but I can't remember if it's south of Fuchsia city, or at the safari zone......
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKMNPurePower View Post
The post-game is a bit weird - but are you really meant to win that battle at the end.
Nope! Granted, some people on other forums have beaten it (Quick claw + Destiny Bond, Quick Claw + Sleep Powder/Leech Seed). That Pokemon is an inside joke I have with some friends, so this would probably seem unbelievably silly to others.

Also, the first Elite Four member is my favorite, and everyone is saying he's the hardest, too. Whoops.

The postgame being accessible only through knowing where it is is semi-intentional. That way, if somebody doesn't get their ROM to save (pretty common in Fire Red), they can still access the "postgame" with savestates.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
sirlanceb
Beginning Trainer

Do pokemon that normally evolve by trade have the option to evolved by level or by stones? Or did you not change anything about that?

I'd like to know before I make an effort to raise up a horsea or an abra.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Yes, I did. I probably wouldn't have made trade evos available if they didn't evolve, but it's so easy to make them evolve differently, there's no point.

Also, each trade evo evolves with the stone that makes the most sense, or the moon stone. Some might evolve by happiness. I can't remember.
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM
sirlanceb
Beginning Trainer

I'm kind of stuck. I have completed the 4th badge (grass).

And I don't know where to go. I don't know where to find cut or strength or if I should have found them by now.

Disregard that. I forgot to talk to the warden after the safari zone. So I didn't have strength. Now I can access the game corner.

Last edited by sirlanceb; June 25th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:58 AM
sirlanceb
Beginning Trainer

I'm stuck again lol

Where do I find cut? I'm in Vermillion and I don't know where cut is.
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Odds are, if you're wondering where cut is, you haven't beaten Misty. Thus, it is worthless. HM locations have not been changed, but you need the SS ticket to get on the SS Anne.

You probably need to go to rock tunnel now. If you HAVE beaten Misty, then it's on the SS Anne, as usual.
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM
iloveanne

Nature: Calm
Really enjoying this game. Im doing a nuzlocke of it on youtube! :D thanks for the hack.

Current Challenges:
None at the moment
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:31 AM
succumb

I've got a problem upon entering the northernmost cave on One Island (spoiler alert):
Spoiler:
i defeated the elite 4 then i go north of one island and enter the cave the northest part, i use srf there and the screen stops there, like it hang, any possible reason why it happens???

Last edited by succumb; July 8th, 2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: a fair few gameplay spoilers, bleh
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Great hack so far but I have a problem. I've beaten Koga, gotten HM03 Surf and HM04 Strength but why can't I leave Fuchsia City
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:43 AM
PKMNPurePower
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Great hack so far but I have a problem. I've beaten Koga, gotten HM03 Surf and HM04 Strength but why can't I leave Fuchsia City
You have to teach something surf and surf to the right of fuschia city
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by succumb View Post
i use srf there and the screen stops there, like it hang, any possible reason why it happens???
I would prefer you edit the spoilers out of this post. After all, you included information that would allow people to access postgame without actually beating the game. That really ruins the "post" part, don't you think?

Anyways, I don't really know what to tell you. The random encounters in the water are kind of weird, so that MIGHT have something to do with it. This has never happened to me so I would suggest you just try again.
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:41 AM
SacredMurathJohn
ROM Hacking

Nature: Hasty
I have came to the Lord Slugma. He is immortal. Did anybody slain him without cheats?
Old July 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

No cheats, just game mechanics. Namely quick claw and moves like leech seed and destiny bond.

The boss is iimmune to poison and burn, though.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:31 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Seems like a interesting hack how far is this hack it seems to have some progress but how far exactly cuz if it''s far enough I might stick my boring summer vacation in it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slike View Post
The boss is iimmune to poison and burn, though.
WHAT?! It cannot be killed with Toxic?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Slike
Unhatched Egg

The hack is basically finished. Sort of in limbo between "I might patch some more things onto it to make it cooler" and "Yeah this is done", so advancement may or may not happen.

The only reason this ISN'T in the "completed hacks" section is the forum is that policy requires topics to be in this section to prove they're worthy or something like that. Or at least, I think that's what it is.

Oh, and I did everything I possibly could (that I remembered) to make the bonus boss impossible. I think its stats are glitched though, so it's probably beatable legitimately if you grind enough.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links