Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old June 25th, 2012 (08:02 PM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by TurkishDelight.
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Nature: Relaxed
Century, you are accepted.

EDIT: Oranje's and pokeman10000's reservations have expired. Bulbasaur and Eevee are now available.

EDIT 2: Charmander, now too, is available as well.

Old June 26th, 2012 (09:43 PM).
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

Awesome, Since some spots have opened up, I would love to reserve a spot for Eevee. I will have a sign-up tomorrow morning.
Old June 27th, 2012 (03:14 AM). Edited June 27th, 2012 by Manganum.
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Could I reserve Charmander? I'll have a signup posted real soon.

Here it is. And, yeah, I'd like Charmander please.

Note: I've taken this character from another roleplay I'm participating in, and simply altered it to fit into this one. I find this helps me to stay in character and not get lost in dozens of pages of signup sheets.

Name:
Hunter Martell

Appearance:
Hunter's 6 foot, 170 pound build makes him unmistakeable in an average crowd. With a slim physique, sharp jawline and well-balanced facial proportions, he would certainly be considered attractive by most hormonal teenage girls. Dark brown messy hair sits carefully tossed in a rather specific hairstyle, his fringe only just extending past his eyebrows. Below are his icy blue lose-yourself-in-their-depth eyes, perhaps his most striking feature. Hunter is what you would call a "borderline hipster", judging by today's definition. Dressed for cold weather no matter the actual forecast, he often goes out of his way to wear less-than-practical clothes for the sole purpose of appearance. Despite this, he is not a fully-fledged materialist, usually just striving to reflect his personality in his appearance rather than adhere to current fashions. When asked, he would probably attribute his clothing sense to being “society’s fault”.

Keeping Hunter's nest of hair in check is a pair of brass-rimmed goggles, not unlike the ones seen on aviators of days long past. These are rarely actually worn as goggles are intended to be; unless the heat of the moment is particularly intense, they're generally left to sit amid Hunter's messy brown locks. One thing he is rarely without is his silver-grey parka, which he has decided is an extremely important piece of equipment, but also a rather comfortable item of clothing. Underneath this is generally a plain dark shirt or singlet. The go-to legwear that Hunter has developed an attraction to is a simple pair of dark grey jeans, held up with a plain silver-bucked belt. His shoes are usually in a state of disrepair, and are as such unrecognizable, but when the occasion stands, Hunter will don some simple grey white-striped runners. Completing the "Winter" look is his white scarf, something he is never without, and a pair of black fingerless gloves. As much as he says he "dislikes" them, they are apparently a necessity.

(image enclosed, credit to *Hapuriainen's Pokemon Trainer Creator)
Spoiler:

Personality:
It has been said that "poetry is the best words in the best order". This is precisely the state of mind Hunter has about his life. The most character-building, challenging events, in the best-possible order, resulting in the personality he holds today. Despite his ridiculously tumultuous mind, he prefers to keep quiet about most matters, preferring instead to retreat to the back of a group and let someone else do the talking. Those who know Hunter well, however, know that he can in fact be one of the most talkative and energy-filled people on the planet. Hunter has been seen to be extremely cocky, refusing to accept the fact that he can fail in any of his endeavours - a result of his childhood proximity to the Pokemon League. Viridian City, located on the doorstep of the Kanto Region’s most powerful trainers, would of course be expected to spew such a creature forth from its depths.

Hunter is known by all of his friends to be an extremely creative being, preferring outlandish solutions to problems rather than more methodical ones. This adds a sense of entertainment, and sometimes impossibility, to every task he performs - as a well-suited example, one incident occured in his childhood where rather than find an extension power lead for his game console, he decided to daisy-chain twelve multi-socket powerboards together. The end result nearly burned his house down, but in Hunter's eyes, it was all in good fun.

History:
Hunter sees the 16 years of his existence as a blessing, and is determined to live his life to the absolute maximum. As an infant, he would watch Pokemon tournaments on TV, not fully understanding what was happening, but unable to look away nonetheless. By the time Hunter could walk, he was already shouting (rather incoherent) commands to his imaginary Pokemon, pretending that he was one of the famous Trainers of the Pokemon League.

His parents took notice of this natural attraction to battling, and decided enrolled him in Viridian City’s iconic Trainer School as a result. From the age of 5 he would go to school 5 days a week for 6 hours a day, a cycle repeated for 11 years, ensuring the absolute maximum amount of knowledge would be jammed into his brain. Hunter did not see this as a burdening education forced on him by his parents; he found every lesson to be absolutely fascinating, only increasing his affinity with Pokemon and his will to one day be a Master.

As the window for budding Trainers to claim their very first Pokemon from Professor Oak was a 6 years, Hunter made sure to wait until the last moment in order to meet his partner, staying at Trainer School for longer than most children would. In his eyes, this would ensure that he was at the pinnacle of possible intelligence for anyone his age, and would have a better chance of taking on the Pokemon League than almost anyone. Now, at 16 years of age, Hunter is finally ready to begin his journey, and believes he has all the wit and strategic prowess required to go far.
Old June 27th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

Mangunum that was a great SU, and that's completely fine that you've taken Hunter from another roleplay. You are accepted.

Old June 27th, 2012 (10:24 AM).
Nate_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

OOC: Hope you don't mind me having some fun with the sign-up. I started doing this awhile back when I wrote my first female character, and it helped me understand the character a little bit better. Hope you enjoy it.

Name: The name’s Cedric Stables. Pops likes to call me Kidd. I don’t like it, and you’re not my pops so Cedric or “Hey you,” will work just fine for you, my friend.
Gender: When did people start saying gender instead of sex? I can’t make a joke out of that. You know what? Just to be difficult, I’m not a female.

Appearance: You know, I have always found it to be extremely difficult and strange to describe yourself to someone else. Have you ever tried to do it? You might find that you don’t really know what you look like. I really don’t pay much attention even when I do find myself in front of a mirror, so this might not go well. Anyways, let’s get on with this. I’m a fairly good-looking young man. Handsome even if my mother is to be believed. I doubt either one of those is the quite good enough of an answer though. Let’s see…my hair is black. That I can be sure of. I tend to keep it pretty sort. Long hair has never been my thing. Besides, a real hairstyle would just be hidden under my well-worn cowboy hat anyways. Yes, I wear a cowboy hat. Do you have a problem with that? It is extremely useful for keeping the sun out of your eyes. Never heard any of the girls complain about it.

I’m dark skinned. Black if you want to put a color to it. My eye is dark brown. Yes, I said eye as in singular. I’m blind on the right so don’t be sneaking up on me from that side. Makes me jumpy. Just one of the hazards of growing up and working on a farm. Eventually you’ll do something stupid. If you’re lucky, you won’t get kicked…I wasn’t lucky. Now I have a dimmed out right eye. Doesn’t bother me though, I always thought my left side looked better anyways. Apparently my ears are slightly crooked. And I just thought all my sunglasses were broken…go figure. One of my former girlfriends told me. I’ll have to take her word on it. She seemed to like them more than me anyways. I have a nice set of straight, white teeth. Well, minus one. That kick to the face took a tooth as well. I didn’t even get money for it. The rest of my face is normal I guess. Strong chin. Unbroken nose. No scars. I guess I should move down.

I typically have some kind of bandana around my neck. It is less for looks and more for utility. You tend to sweat a lot outside. Let’s see, the one I have on now is dark red. Don’t know if you care about that, but there you go. I’ll try to cover the rest a little bit quicker. I’m not much one for style. Simple white t-shirts under some kind of well-worn long sleeve buttoned down. The one I have on at the moment is a dirty orange color with some paler orange vertical and horizontal stripes. I have a jean jacket too, but I don’t usually wear it. Dusty jeans and a sturdy pair of brown boots finish out my high quality attire. Yes, I’m pretty much a cowboy. Go ahead and get out your jokes.

As for what is under the clothes…well, you’ll need to buy me dinner first, haha. Alright, alright, but I’m keeping it simple. Athletic body, strong arms and legs, and a nice butt. Well, at least I think it is. Sorry but that is as far as I go with that description.

Personality: I guess you could say that I don’t take things very seriously. That wouldn’t be completely true though. I have my serious moments, my humorous moments, my romantic moments, and even some moments when I’m sad. What can I say; I’m a complicated human being. I have my moments when I’m good, kind, sweet, caring, and the best friend you will ever have. Sometimes you might not like me. One thing is true though. I get things done, and I don’t mind making a hard decision. And once the decision has been made, I let it go. I understand that this world can be a hard place to live. If you don’t harden yourself as well, you are going to get crushed. Well look at that, I’ve gone and ruined the mood. I hope you won’t hold that against me. It was your question after all.

Look, I’m not a bad person. I just understand that everything isn’t peaches and cream. You have a wounded animal? You put it down. Why let it suffer when treatment won’t help. Does that make me cruel or compassionate? I’ll leave all the debates and moral questions to you. Get back to me when you have an answer. I have more important responsibilities. Now don’t go thinking I’m some kind of moody brooding fellow who prefers leaning against trees in the shadows. I’m actually quite a joy to be around. You want a party? I’ll be the first on the dance floor. You want to laugh? I got jokes. You want a kiss? Well, I guess that depends on your ‘gender’ but you get my point. Look, as much as I hope that two paragraphs can completely inform you as to who I am, why don’t you hold off passing judgment until you’ve spent time with me.

History: I was born, I grew up, and now I’m going to start my pokémon adventure. Does it really matter where I came from? Look, why don’t you just tell me what you want to know cause I really don’t feel like starting from conception. Where am I from? Vermillion City if you need a well-known location. My family owned a farm south of the city. We grew crops and raise pokémon for different uses. Nothing big but it was enough to support a family of four. I don’t suppose you would accept that as my full history would you? No, haha, didn’t think so. Fine then, so one night almost 17 years ago my dad had a couple of drinks and my mom wasn’t feeling very pretty. One thing led to another and…what? Am I making you uncomfortable? Good. Can we just skip this? What do you want from me? Do you want me to pour out my heart and soul to you and tell you all my deep dark secrets? People don’t work like that. You should at least compliment my looks and tell me you love me first, haha. You know what. Fine, I’ll fill you in on my life story.

Life growing up on a farm is good. Keeps a guy honest. No idle hands to deal with. You learn responsibility at an early age. If certain things don’t get done, you don’t get to eat. Neither does the rest of the family. Good incentive don’t you think? Well how about the added pressure of possibly causing someone’s death if you screw up. Sound fun to you? Well I love every minute of it. You grow very close to your family considering how much time you spend with them. And becoming a man is a necessity that is required of you at a much earlier age than usual. Dreaming of becoming a pokémon trainer is cute and all but there is work to do in the fields and pokémon that need tending too. Those dreams are best left to kids whose families don’t need them around. What, do I not seem like the ideal trainer? You’re a quick one Sherlock. I’m here out of necessity, not desire. So there you go. You got where I was born and a little bit of my raising, anything else I can help you with?

Reason? You want a reason. Look, you sent me the letter, so you must be the one with the reason. Oh, so you were actually listening. I’m touched. Alright, fine. Sorry for being snippy. I just haven’t had much to do lately. Yeah, I said we use to own a farm. We lost it to the bank after failing to pay on the loans we made with them. You see, Ma got pretty sick and Pops didn’t really like leaving her alone. That left me with the man’s share of the work. Katie, my younger sister, was thankfully able to take care of herself, but it was still too much work for me to do. The first week wasn’t bad. Heck, I was even doing well for the first month. But Ma got sicker, Pops worked less, and I got tired. Two months later Ma died. Pops came back to work, but he wasn’t himself anymore. It wouldn’t have matter anyway. We were too far behind on our payments. Loosing the farm killed dad as much as loosing Ma. Not to mention we no longer had a way of supporting ourselves. I guess I should be more thankful that your letter came when it did. Starting this journey gives Pops one less mouth to feed. If we are lucky, maybe Katie will get her own letter next year. I’m just worried as to what is going to happen to them while I’m gone. Look, I know this is all required, but I think I’m done if that is okay with you.
Old June 27th, 2012 (10:43 AM).
RyanRoksXD
Pokemon Hunger Games Tribute

Nature: Bold
Could I reserve Bulbasaur? I'll write up my SU Soon.
Old June 27th, 2012 (01:41 PM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Ryan; I can't guarantee a place as I'm trying to get rid of Pikachu, Eevee and Clefairy from the starter list and I'm waiting on Century to get back to me. If he doesn't agree to change starters then you can have the place.

Old June 27th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi

Damn, it seems every position is taken now that Pikachu and them are gone.
Old June 27th, 2012 (02:00 PM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Luigi; Yeah, I don't think I'd have been able to control a roleplay with nine people as well as I would have with six.

Old June 27th, 2012 (02:33 PM).
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Quote originally posted by TurkishDelight:
@Luigi; Yeah, I don't think I'd have been able to control a roleplay with nine people as well as I would have with six.
That's reasonable, though.
Just curious, are we going to be able to encounter non-Kanto Pokemon in this roleplay? The Unova starters kind of got me wondering.
Old June 27th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Manganum; Yeah there will be many available! But on most occasions they'll be more difficult to encounter/catch.

Also, Chapter 1 is now up!

Old June 29th, 2012 (09:17 PM).
pokeman10000
Leftie

Nature: Serious
sorry TurkishDelight, I would love to take Eevee, I'll get my SU up soon as I'm currently very busy!darn, too late
Old June 30th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@pokeman10000: Sorry about that man

Old July 1st, 2012 (03:29 PM).
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Yo! Good looking roleplay you have here, i'll check back now and then to see if I can grab a spot. If you can, let me know if something opens up. (:
Old July 1st, 2012 (03:36 PM).
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Charizard_Man: Will do man :D

Old July 1st, 2012 (11:37 PM).
Manganum
Your local sine wave

It would seem that every man and his Lillipup are after a Nidoking, hahaha.

Keen for chapter 2!

The Music

Pendulum - The Terminal
Danny Byrd - Ill Behavior
Netsky - Love Has Gone

The Projects

Unnamed DnB project
Composition for rehearsals

The Inspiration

Pendulum
Blackmill
Enter Shikari

Old July 2nd, 2012 (12:20 AM). Edited July 12th, 2012 by adventure.
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
FORD K N O X

Starter: Pikachu

Theme song: Enter

Appearance: He is rather tall and lean, with skin as pale as they come. Overall, he gives off the air of being a geek who could become cool if he tried. His face is sort of round, without being fat, and he has got somewhat larger front teeth than one would wish for. His eyes are large and brightly blue and he always wears a pair of rectangular glasses. Without them, he won't be able to see very far. His hair is raven black and seems to live its own life. It could probably be tamed, but Ford has never really bothered trying. For clothing on his journey, he will wear his favorite blue hooded shirt and some simple t-shirt underneath as well as gray jeans and black Converse shoes. He also has a black plastic wrist watch and a gray canvas backpack for all the stuff he needs to carry, and his most important accessory is the black smartphone he always carries around.

Personality: Basic geek is a good label for him. Ford knows his ways around the internet and is fascinated by science and fiction alike. He is also quite bright and has good grades in school and is often bullied by the "cool kids". That being said, he's not really a very odd or dumb character and has a lot of friends with similar interests as he has. Many of them are online and they have never seen each other even though some of them live around Kanto. Others are from school in Viridian City, where he grew up. Generally, Ford is a laid-back and somewhat sarcastic type but he can sometimes become easily confused and panic, especially when confronted with problems that need an imminent solution. Whenever this happens, he usually calls up one of his friends over the internet and asks for advice. Actually, he calls up his friends for just about anything and thus he never feels alone, since he's got the smartphone with him at all times and have found ways to connect to satellites that give a good connection all over Kanto.

History: Ford Knox is the son of Kanto's most famous rap artist: Kid Knox. A bit ironic to have a father named Kid, perhaps. He also has a brother who is a few years older than him, named Burt Knox. Kid Knox is cool and famous, but a bit eccentric and peculiar off stage. Burt Knox adores his father's cool side and strives to be cool like him at all times but gets disappointed whenever Kid Knox acts weird. Ford quickly grew tired of trying to be like his brother and instead became his complete opposite. Burt takes every chance to bully Ford even though he wishes that his little brother would look up to him and want to be as cool as he is. Ford sees Burt as a dumb animal pet to put up with and won't let Burt get to him - he has since long developed strategies for putting up with bullies. Where their mother is, nobody knows. Well, Kid Knox claims that he knows but has waved the matter away whenever the boys asked during their time growing up. They have a large house with a butler, a nanny and a chef anyways so they wouldn't need an extra woman there. Burt and Ford eventually went along with that.

One day, a letter got sent to the Knox house, inviting Ford to become pokémon trainers with the help of professor Oak. Burt threw a fit over Ford being chosen over him and swore to become a pokémon trainer on his own and beat Ford when they met again. Ford had never had aspirations of training pokémon - that was what some of his online friends were interested in, rather. But he really did want to annoy Burt and this was a too golden opportunity to pass up. He decided that he'd try, and pretend to Burt that things went well even if they didn't.

PIKACHU
Usually calm and collected, but sometimes unexpectedly playful. Loves to use his electric attacks.
| male | electric |
THUNDERSHOCK - THUNDER WAVE - QUICK ATTACK - TAIL WHIP

PIDGEY
Proud and persistent, not at all as docile as many other Pidgey. Physically strong for his size.
| male | flying / normal |
TACKLE - SAND ATTACK - GUST - QUICK ATTACK - WHIRLWIND

PANSEAR
Mischievous and a bit impatient. Most of the time eager to throw himself into battle and other dangerous situations.
| male | fire |
SCRATCH - LEER - LICK - INCINERATE - FURY SWIPES

SANDSHREW
Shy and quiet, but brave when it really matters. If he really has to be.
| male | ground |
SCRATCH - DEFENSE CURL - POISON STING - SAND ATTACK - ROLLOUT

PSYDUCK
Likes to study Ford's actions. Wise and cunning but somewhat of a douche; he blames the latter on his constant headache though.
| male | water |
SCRATCH - WATER SPORT - WATER GUN - TAIL WHIP - DISABLE

CHIKORITA
Ford doesn't really know her yet. Seems jolly.
| female | grass |
TACKLE - GROWL - RAZOR LEAF - SLEEP POWDER

REAL PEOPLE

Will - Ford's best friend when they were younger. Lives close to him in Viridian City. An inventor who loves to work with machines.

Nanny, Chef etc. - people working in the Knox home. Have been around when Ford grew up and are a bit overprotective still.

Professor Oak - Ford doesn't really know him, but he did give him Pikachu and the pokédex (which is now part of the smartdex). Maybe he should give the man a call some day.

PESTIFY PALS

Sagittarius: this is Ford. He is who he is.

Cancer: a grumpy fellow who seems to want to insult Ford as much as he can. Still Ford can't really dislike him.

Scorpio: an upbeat girl who always have opinions and things she wants Ford to do. On his side in most cases though.

Gemini: smart but also easily annoyed when things don't go as he wants them to, or when people don't do as he tells them.

Leo: naive and childish. Does she really know anything of use?

Virgo: kind and calm and always keen to help with all her knowledge about pokémon.

Aries: not the most unfriendly type, but she seems immune to happy thoughts.

Aquarius: seems to think he's better than everyone else. Not Ford's favorite person.

Taurus: nice and friendly guy but perhaps easily worried at times. Will's alias!

Libra: a girl who likes teasing. And stalking.

Pisces: the only one who seems to care about capitalizing the right letters. Is a trainer, like Ford!

Capricorn: easy going guy.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (06:42 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2012 by TurkishDelight.
TurkishDelight
Scott Mescudi

@Manganum: I was thinking that myself!

@Red: Accepted your character made for an intriguing read

EDIT: Chapter 2 is now up guys :D

Old July 2nd, 2012 (02:37 PM).
Royal
Artist and Writer

Nature: Naughty
Who'd be up for a battle with Rayne after I whip out a few posts? We can work out details in a PM. c:

Currently working on a hack. More information will be released when available.

Note: My apologies, but I am not available to work on any hacks other than the ones I'm currently working on.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:00 PM).
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

@Royal I'd be up for that. May not be too much of a fight considering I've only got two Pokemon against your five (as I don't plan on getting any of the monkey Pokemon or catching anything new right now), but I do want to start getting some interaction going. Besides, Bennet would probably be very interested in Rayne's ability to speak to Pokemon, might even have my own say a few words (though of course I wouldn't be able to understand them) if for nothing else than to flesh out their personalities a bit.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:04 PM).
Royal
Artist and Writer

@Noob Hacker - Rayne battles fairly, so if your trainer only had two, she would only use two. c:
And Rayne actually doesn't go around announcing she can understand Pokemon. She tries to keep it on a down low just for the sake of not looking like a freak. xD She could say something like how your Pokemon 'feels', instead of saying that it actually said it. Haha.

Note: My apologies, but I am not available to work on any hacks other than the ones I'm currently working on.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:16 PM).
The Noob Hacker
Praise the sun.

@Royal Regardless, I look forward to the battle. Besides, assuming all goes well, there's still a lot of things in store for this RP. There will be time to wrench out those secrets. *engage half comical, half evil chuckle*

Anyways, I'll post something to get Bennet on the same date as Rayne and get him out in the town .
Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:18 PM).
Royal
Artist and Writer

@Noob Hacker - Rayne won't be down in Viridian until the afternoon of her second day. She's currently up training on Route 22 and will actually encounter another trainer there too. c:

Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:19 PM).
Century
CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK

Just going to jump on that train as well you guys, if anybody wants to battle in Viridian, Century will have his Pokémon healed, etc. by the morning of the 2nd day, so yeah, get at me hahaha.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (05:29 PM).
Royal
Artist and Writer

Rayne will battle whoever challenges her. xD Just gotta give her time to heal her Pokemon, haha.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links