Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Japanese version of B2/W2

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old June 18th, 2012 (02:02 PM).

I'm wondering if anyone will try out the Japanese version, or get it?
since the Japanese version of B2/W2 is coming up (or already came) this month around, it's about 4 months earlier than the release of the US version

personally I did try the Japanese version of B/W but I didn't get past my home town since I felt it's pointless to go far in a game I'll dump pretty soon, and it's not like I could understand anything lol
I just wanted to get a feel of the game

so will you do that in B2/W2?
Old June 18th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Master of Mediocrity.

No. Don't wanna have to play a game I can't understand. Besides, the fans'll make some translation very soon after the game is released.
Old June 18th, 2012 (02:29 PM).
The God of Fire

Nature: Quiet
I was really considering buying Black 2 in Japanese, but several factors made me just go with English.

1. Money
2. If its region-locked, I won't be able to play it since my DS Lite is basically shot (I have a 3DS and DSi, so I can play the English)
3. The time between the Japanese release and American release is going to be much shorter than it normally would be.
Old June 18th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
I'm going to wait for the UK release for reasons already mentioned in the above posts.

Old June 18th, 2012 (04:03 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd rather wait till the English release. I can't read Japanese, and the games could be expensive.

Old June 18th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
쏘쿨

I'll be playing the Japanese version. I find it fun guessing where to go.

All items have pictures now, so I'll know what each item is.
I clearly know what each Pokemon is.
I can distinguish any move by the PP / base power / type it is.
My only trouble will be if someone wants me to fly back to a town...and I won't have any idea. Like said above, someone will translate all the basics mad fast because all moves and Pokemon and stuff are exactly the same.

I'll also be doing a Let's Play of it, so you can watch me struggle if you want, haha.
I've played tons of Japanese Wii / PSP games, and I've managed to get around in those.
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
Illuminate
Silver Tier

I don't speak Japanese so I will wait for the official English release since I like to enjoy my gaming experience. As far as the user translation goes, its release will probably be the same week B/W 2 are released.
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:18 PM).

Quote:
I'll be playing the Japanese version. I find it fun guessing where to go.

All items have pictures now, so I'll know what each item is.
I clearly know what each Pokemon is.
I can distinguish any move by the PP / base power / type it is.
My only trouble will be if someone wants me to fly back to a town...and I won't have any idea. Like said above, someone will translate all the basics mad fast because all moves and Pokemon and stuff are exactly the same.

I'll also be doing a Let's Play of it, so you can watch me struggle if you want, haha.
I've played tons of Japanese Wii / PSP games, and I've managed to get around in those.
I wish I had half your determination haha! I will definitely be watching, and you actually made me want to go as far as I could in the Japanese game since I'll probably get it
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:21 PM).
쏘쿨

Don't get me wrong people, I would MUCH RATHER have my stuff in English. I'm not one of those people who are all JP or gtfo. I only play Japanese games that don't come overseas, or ones where I am extremely impatient. Pokemon is one of those things ; ;
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:39 PM).

I've bought several Japanese Pokemon versions in the past, but honestly I wish I'd just waited for the USA release.

For instance, when I was in Japan and FR/LG was just coming out the desire to have it was too much, BUT the Japanese wireless adapter didn't work with American games!
Old June 18th, 2012 (04:46 PM).
Never let go.

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by ANinyMouse:
I've bought several Japanese Pokemon versions in the past, but honestly I wish I'd just waited for the USA release.

For instance, when I was in Japan and FR/LG was just coming out the desire to have it was too much, BUT the Japanese wireless adapter didn't work with American games!
When you're in another country who is releasing it, it does get hard to NOT buy it since you know it'd be awhile till release.

I'll be waiting, it's only a few months.. I have my White at the moment to play as well as I have a few other games in the meantime.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I have changed my mind about this several times, I was going to get it when they 1st announced it was coming, then about a month after that I said I wasn't getting it and then 2 days ago I heard about the events that are coming the end of this month for the Jap. game and decided I was going to get them, now once again I am undecided on wheather to get both or just the 1!!
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:02 PM).
쏘쿨

Another positive reason is easier access to Japanese Pokemon for breeding shiny Pokemanz. I don't like like haxin' for shinies. Only stuff I will do are texture hax, like playing as N or making the battlefield more epic. I'm going to have Black 2 in Japanese, then White 2 in English.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:06 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

I could import it but I can't read Japanese and I'd have to rely on Google Translate.

I'll just wait for the Australian release.
Old June 18th, 2012 (05:12 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

^@ ~RNC~
i was undecided too until i realized

One of my favorite things about pokemon (or any other game) is the storyline

Even though pokemons story line is repetative, i still get a kick out of watching the storyline progress and READING the non specific characters conversation

So no, i will not spend 40$ on a game I cannot understand

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 18th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
★七色に光る女★

Nature: Hasty
I want to play the English version too, but since I'm short on money this year, I have a Japanese 3DS and there's region-locking on BW2 AND I want those new features only available to the 3DS, I'll have to make do with the Japanese version.

Oh well. It's not too much of a problem for me, since I know a fair amount of Japanese, and my Chinese can also help me read the kanji (assuming BW2 still have that kanji feature).

Azumi あずみ||:::
deviantart | tumblr | twitter||:::

「我に慢心を捨てろと来たか。||:::
つくづく厚顔なマスターよな!」||:::

Old June 18th, 2012 (07:25 PM).
gotta be one of a kind
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Tachibana Azumi:
I want to play the English version too, but since I'm short on money this year, I have a Japanese 3DS and there's region-locking on BW2 AND I want those new features only available to the 3DS, I'll have to make do with the Japanese version.

Oh well. It's not too much of a problem for me, since I know a fair amount of Japanese, and my Chinese can also help me read the kanji (assuming BW2 still have that kanji feature).
I always thought they put the games in Katakana and Hiragana? Then again it's been a while since I played a Pokemon game in Japanese so things could have easily changed since then. :3
Old June 18th, 2012 (07:36 PM).
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
I'm not sure what I'll do. I may play the untranslated japanese rom, or I may played a translated version of the Japanese rom. I will play it some however, because Fall 2012 is too far away to wait.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old June 18th, 2012 (08:11 PM).
쏘쿨

I'm going to start untranslated, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a move / ability / item translations within a week, tops.
Old June 18th, 2012 (08:12 PM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Just pre-ordered it for my birthday.

I'm all for plot and storyline, and it's going to stink that I won't understand it, but I'll be posting videos and looking up translations online for everything I read(and probably put those translations in my youtube videos). I'm pretty sure some genius, amazing/awesome people will put everything in English once it comes out. I hope so, otherwise I'm going to suuuck

Also, I think it would be a lot more challenging and exciting not knowing where you're going and having to figure out the puzzle by yourself. Plus, you get to be one of the first few to play a brand new, completely hyped-up game! I'm more excited for this than ever. I don't want to wait months for it to come out in the U.S. lol.

I've never gotten a foreign game before... but uhh, hopefully it'll be cool. :'D
I'm not a OMG-JAPAN-DESU nerd btw. Just an overly anxious nerd.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old June 18th, 2012 (09:16 PM).
쏘쿨

Already a Translation Project team starting up, lol.
Old June 18th, 2012 (09:49 PM).

I won't get the Japanese version, just because I can't understand it. It's rather pointless to have a game I can't understand.

However, I haven't even gotten Black and/or White yet... so I feel like I should probably buy one of those first.

Maybe.
Old June 18th, 2012 (11:01 PM).
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
I really wanted the japanese black 2 to further practice my japanese but I only own a 3DS so I'm screwed :< I think I might just find a japanese SS instead to console myself..
Old June 19th, 2012 (01:01 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
I'll be playing Japanese version for sure. (Of course on emulator)
Since the release of HG/SS I've been trying to play the main games in Japanese before their US release so I'll continue with this :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 19th, 2012 (02:00 AM).
Sweet!
Administrator CS

Nature: Lax
Another thread for me to point out how many people are saying the exact opposite to the stuff I've been hearing back when Black/White were released ("Pokemon doesn't have much story and i can get by", etc.)

Not stopping me from importing (and putting down hard cold cash), because I can actually read it. :P

Those with their DS flashcards are probably going to pirate and play it in Japanese. No point spending money if you can't understand the game.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)