Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Longest playtime?

For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

Old February 11th, 2014 (5:26 PM).
A Scene In Between
In any Pokémon game, which would be your longest playtime? Which game is it, and how did you manage to get it that high? At some point in the future, do you have plans to break your record? For me, it'd be around 450 hours, which I've managed to wreak up in Emerald. Was trying to complete my Pokédex, so if it wasn't for that, it probably wouldn't have been that much. xD"
Old February 11th, 2014 (5:30 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I think for me it's 440+ hours I have in Pearl, which I racked up in 2007 and 2008. I've hardly played it since then, though, and I don't know if i'll be able to beat it.

Second highest is I think 270 in White 2. That one I spent quite a bit of time with, although my main Platinum is close behind that also.
Marriland - (Black 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke) (The Southern Island) | Twitter
Wedlocke Challenge | Wonderlocke Challenge | Generation V Fan Club
Old February 11th, 2014 (5:32 PM).
The most time I have on a Pokemon game is approx. 600 hours on my White. I'm still not sure why I have so much time on that game when there's not a whole lot to do on B/W. Did I really spend THAT much time on the Battle Subway? Would like to break that record someday on a Pokemon game that actually has stuff to do in it.
My Trade Shop (currently open)
PC's Introduction to Competitive Battling
PC Smash 4 Tournament
Old February 11th, 2014 (5:52 PM). Edited February 11th, 2014 by Adore.
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Adore
999 hours on Diamond. In that time I completed my Pokedex, beat all of the Master Rank contests, and spent way too much time IV breeding and EV training. There was also a lot of time spent waiting around on WiFi for people that I had arranged battles or trades with to log on.

I don't think it's possible to beat that record (because that's when the game stops recording playtime), and I certainly don't intend to try.
Old February 11th, 2014 (7:08 PM).
Nature: Quirky
I think I got, like, 356 hours in Black 2? Honestly, I don't remember what my longest ever playtime was, because I typically delete my save files so often, I don't really get the chance to build up a ridiculously long time.
3DS FC: 3754 6763 3133
Player Name: Cathy
Friend Safari: Boldore, Pupitar, Rhydon
Old February 12th, 2014 (1:57 PM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Nature: Naughty
I think it was on pokemon Sapphire with 500 hours
Old February 12th, 2014 (2:16 PM).
Element of Harmony
Nature: Relaxed
Just shy of 200 hours in X in all my other games its around 30 -70 hours.
Old February 12th, 2014 (2:16 PM).
"never eat raspberries"
Silver Tier
Every time I turn on Y I actual extend my longest playtime. I'm at about 430 hours I think? None of my other save files on any other game really come close to be honest, which is interesting since Y doesn't exactly have a post game.
Old February 12th, 2014 (5:24 PM).
Nature: Calm
My highest is 250+ hours on X. I completed the Pokedex and I've been really into IV breeding.
Old February 12th, 2014 (5:33 PM).
The Abomination Lives!!!
Nature: Timid
Nobody beats me in terms of playtime. Accumulatively, I amass over 1000 hours in some games (namely, Platinum, Black, and Black 2. That's 1000+ hours in each game). There's no particular reason for it, I just like playing the games a lot, experimenting with movesets/breeding, and I always come back to the games eventually.
Old February 12th, 2014 (9:42 PM).
Long Live The Note
Crystal Tier
Nature: Hasty
The most I have ever put into a pokemon game is 260+ hours, but that was back when Silver and Gold came out. Usually I just restart the game after I beat the Elite 4 to try out different pokemon. I don't really have the patience to grind my team out until level 100 anymore and the online features don't really interest me since you really can't communicate with anyone. Soooo I don't have much to do after the Elite 4 which just leads to me restarting lol.
Old February 12th, 2014 (10:02 PM).
Nature: Gentle
I actually never really paid attention to my play time until I played X. But, in X, I'm at about 250 hours which feels insane. I did some masuda methoding so that could be why, on top of amie games and looots of wonder trading and various other stuff.

Looking at previous answers though I guess 250 hours isn't much. .____.
F L O A T like a Butterfree, S T I N G like a Beedrill!
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:55 AM).
Nature: Careful
In a single playthrough, I believe my time on my first Sapphire save was in the range of 300 hours. If I were to combine my 2 saves of FireRed though, I have a feeling that number would be closer to 450 hours.
Old February 13th, 2014 (10:33 AM).
rollin' around at the speed of sound
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Luster Purge
I just checked, and I have a freaking 928 hours on my Black version. I have absolutely no clue why or how. Pokedex filling I guess? Second place is White 2, which (although not even remotely close) has 200 hours racked up on there. That at least makes a little sense... but 928 hours... what the...

the purge

pair | showdown | claims | <3 Eevee | Latios is awesome

Old February 13th, 2014 (10:42 AM).
FireRed Nuzlocke
I did at least 450+ hours on ruby before emerald came out and amassed maybe nearly 650+ total over several saves of emerald from first game play to tje nuzlockes, to mindless breeding to complete dex, to my emerald races, and then a measly 200-250 hours for diamond. 200- hours for other games all total.
FC: 4528-0285-6218
Omega Ruby!
Team for Omega Ruby:
Blaziken, Primal Groudon, Diancie, Mightyena, Rayquaza

Walking down the path I know. Banning Pokémon just because you don't know how to beat them is just plain wrong. It's like banning alcohol because it makes ugly people pretty.
Old February 13th, 2014 (10:44 AM).
Nature: Quiet
Right now I have over 240 hours in X. I blame all the breeding I've been doing. My longest time before that was 150 ours in Soul Silver.

Old February 13th, 2014 (12:43 PM).
Professionals and all.
Nature: Bold
I've clocked at least 400 on Emerald if I'm not wrong. Blame the Feebas, Pokedex and Master Rank Contests. And breeding there was pretty tedious, but still fun.

“We do have a lot in common.
The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

― Meowth

*~Ghost Type Fan Club~*
'Cause Normals can't touch Specials.
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:49 PM).
400+ on my beloved FireRed, beat the Elite 4 over 100 times, and completed my Pokedex. One of my proudest achievements.
Current Challenges:

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old February 14th, 2014 (4:44 AM).
Silver Tier
Nature: Gentle
Everyone has hours into the hundreds and here I am with only 50+ hours on X ;___; I would have spent more time playing it and adding hours into it catching Pokemon, but I was too excited for Bravely Default so I figured I would complete it before it came out. Now I can devote most of my time there, but I'll eventually come back to Pokemon X to play around~
And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun
There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements
Old February 14th, 2014 (4:17 PM).
All dreams are but another reality.
Emerald: 198 hours
Pearl: 730 hours
Diamond: 203 hours
Platinum: 220 hours
Black: 242 hours
Y: 300 hours

White and White 2 have about 40 hours each, haha. I only restarted Diamond and White a few times, so most of these are 'original' files. On Pearl, I traded A LOT. I also tried breeding things before RNG came around, EV trained before I bought the AR, and chained a box full of shinies.

1973 hours since 2005... //loser
Old February 14th, 2014 (10:10 PM).
I topped out the clock on my white game. I would say roughly 400-450 of that was just trading or cloning for trading. The rest was game play, breeding, battling, that sort of stuff.
Pokemon is the only video game I play still so whenever one comes out, I fully engulf myself in the games. I think I topped out the clock on my diamond game too. And that was before I knew about any of this online stuff.
wet dreams are made of this trade shop
Old February 14th, 2014 (10:15 PM).
Remember NovEnder
I'm at nearly 300 hours in my Pearl version. That was my main version, where I spent a lot of time breeding, training, and trading a lot of Pokemon.

My Black 2 game was getting up there, but it was my Pearl's time that made me sit back and stare at my DS screen.
Old February 15th, 2014 (12:33 AM).
is a Shrew
Nature: Lonely
Diamond version had 999:59, and I played it well beyond the limit, too. It was the first pokemon game I owned in years (since Stadium 1 and Snap), so I couldn't have enough fun with it.

Pokemon X will likely reach 999:59 too at this rate. I currently have 440 hours, but there's so much more I want to breed. :D
3DS FC: 4914-3495-9756 (IGN: Shrew)
Old February 15th, 2014 (12:13 PM).
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Saphyre
My X version has my longest playtime of 96:02. A lot of that has been racked up recently with my Pokedex grinding.

Usually I don't do a lot of the post-game material. Before X, I always got bored and restarted. Luckily, when the games came out I had extra money so I was able to get Y as well, which I use as my "restart" game.
Friend Code: 3883 - 6043 - 7336
IGN: Stephan
Old February 15th, 2014 (9:48 PM).
The Blade's Shadow
Crystal Tier
Nature: Rash
Ok, this may sound near impossible, but.... here goes nothing.

1000+ hours on Black.
I'm trying to get a full box of shiny Magikarps, and Stunfisks. Don't ask. I have an idea.

I'm also trying to complete the pokedex. I CAN'T GET A PAWNIARD TO EVOLVE. I have like 13 of them all at near lv70 and yet they don't evolve. I don't know why. **** you Bisharp. I'm just kidding.... I love you..

I'm also trying to get a perfect battling team. Lots of EV reduction berries, breeding, training, dittos, etc. etc.... you get where this is going.

If anyone else has 1000+ hours played on a game, did yours stop counting on 999:59? Mine did. It won't go higher. At one point it reset and I was at 0:00, and it wouldn't go up. Then one day, it went back to 999:59. Everything is kinda glitchy in that game, also. Some tiles don't appear right, some poke centers play no music, sometimes it just freezes, I've seen wailords appear in grass, alright. I have broken this game.

That totals to like 41 days. Yeah. Adding all my pokemon times together, I might have nearly 200 days. So.... yeah... thats a thing.

"Eventually, my blades will find their way into your heart."
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
I'm hangin' on the edge of heaven"

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links