Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Who knows not are series are the same...
Anyways if remakes are next generation I expect there to be a ton of hints in the new games like DPPt has with GS, and a lot of Hoenn Pokémon evolutions (along with some Unova).
Old July 11th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
Brendonwii
Gooby pls

Nature: Modest
They will do a remake of it, just look at FR/LG and HG/SS, people bought it and loved it.
I believe it will be pretty stupid if they don't do a remake in 2 years time. They like money and it'll sell like hotcakes.

Old July 12th, 2012 (01:44 AM).
razzbat
dancer

Nature: Quiet
i've been thinking about what game freak can do with the series now considering they're kinda stuck in between the ds and 3ds life cycle and the timing for everything, and these are all the possibilities that seem plausable to me

1. gen VI releases late 2013
- while alot of people are saying its too soon for it to happen, take note it would be 3 years from the release of bw which the same gap as rg to gs and gs to rs
-this would mean that they would be leaving the gen V style with just the unova region games, like how the first 2 generations were
2. rs remakes release late 2013
gen VI releases 2014
-if they were to release an rs remake next year they would be doing it in the gen V style. this would suggest that it would need to be on the ds but this is not necessarily the case. 2 years into the 3ds life cycle with sales for the console going strong, they it would be dangerous for them to be still stuck on a past console. already they're using the 3ds for various things with the ar searcher and the 3d pokedex, but at the same time it would be a bad move to pioneer the 6th gen style on a remake. instead what would be most likely is use an updated gen V engine for the 3ds where stylistically it doesn't look too different, just generally sharper and it would be in 3d
-if they were to stick with this idea these games will have full compatibility with the other 5th gen pokemon games trade and battle wise
-if all this happens gen VI in order to have the impact of a new pokemon game i would assume would go through a complete graphical overhaul with 3d polygons similar to the cube pokemon games
3. nothing happens next
gen VI releases 2014
-this i would say is the most unlikely. they've got nothing to go on with gen V with all the event pokemon coming out this year, they took a break last year, idk the market idk the market very well but i would assume it would not be in the best interest to do this. nintendo would probably threaten game freak to do something considering pokemon is a big console seller

out of these i think 1. is the most plausable. but if this was to happen, the chance of an rs remake would be reduced :/

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old July 12th, 2012 (07:48 AM).
Community Supporter

Even if we do move on to the next generation we could get the RS remakes than also note that Kanto and Oak took a break this generation as well, they along with remakes could return. Perhaps GF wanted a break from remaking games as they don't want people to feel like they're just going to remake them those games in 2 generations, with 3 it could be 3 generations later...
Old July 12th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
crystalzapdos

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Who knows not are series are the same...
They are the same in the fact that they both make money. Pokemon is the second best-selling video game franchise in the world and makes millions of dollars. Why would they just decide, "I don't like money, who needs a house or food? We'll just stop making Pokemon! I'll be out of a job, be but who cares?"

Quote originally posted by razzbat:
i've been thinking about what game freak can do with the series now considering they're kinda stuck in between the ds and 3ds life cycle and the timing for everything, and these are all the possibilities that seem plausable to me

1. gen VI releases late 2013
- while alot of people are saying its too soon for it to happen, take note it would be 3 years from the release of bw which the same gap as rg to gs and gs to rs
-this would mean that they would be leaving the gen V style with just the unova region games, like how the first 2 generations were
2. rs remakes release late 2013
gen VI releases 2014
-if they were to release an rs remake next year they would be doing it in the gen V style. this would suggest that it would need to be on the ds but this is not necessarily the case. 2 years into the 3ds life cycle with sales for the console going strong, they it would be dangerous for them to be still stuck on a past console. already they're using the 3ds for various things with the ar searcher and the 3d pokedex, but at the same time it would be a bad move to pioneer the 6th gen style on a remake. instead what would be most likely is use an updated gen V engine for the 3ds where stylistically it doesn't look too different, just generally sharper and it would be in 3d
-if they were to stick with this idea these games will have full compatibility with the other 5th gen pokemon games trade and battle wise
-if all this happens gen VI in order to have the impact of a new pokemon game i would assume would go through a complete graphical overhaul with 3d polygons similar to the cube pokemon games
3. nothing happens next
gen VI releases 2014
-this i would say is the most unlikely. they've got nothing to go on with gen V with all the event pokemon coming out this year, they took a break last year, idk the market idk the market very well but i would assume it would not be in the best interest to do this. nintendo would probably threaten game freak to do something considering pokemon is a big console seller

out of these i think 1. is the most plausable. but if this was to happen, the chance of an rs remake would be reduced :/
I'd say 1 or 3 are most likely. There was year gap between Emerald and D/P, and that was also between consoles, so I don't see a problem with number three.
Old July 12th, 2012 (06:52 PM). Edited July 12th, 2012 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Community Supporter

If they pull a one year gap than we can expect a whole lot of spin off like gen III had after Emerald was released, it's possible as Gen III was sort of rushed too with the remakes coming out than Emerald version all in the same year.

If the remakes were to come next year though I expect we'll get them around the same time as usual games not June like B2W2 were released.

Old July 12th, 2012 (07:10 PM).
RandomDSdevel
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
There is another scenerio that could still make Emerald Canon but wouldn't necessary make Hoenn take place after HgSS' time. Remember we can fight Steven post game in Emerald, he could've been refering to that (though he also called himself champion...) while Wallace was still champ. Both sets of remakes only made things harder to decipher for RS' remakes and it's own timeline (though I think it's somewhere between FrLG's time and HgSs').
Wouldn't Steven want to regain his status as Hoenn League Champion because Wallace beat him? That would mean that the poor guy doesn't understand how he was defeated and can't mentally cede his title to Wallace. Speaking of Wally, wasn't he your rival in RSE?
Old July 12th, 2012 (10:34 PM).
NV
Dracon Leader

Location: In my own little world, taking potshots at your little world.
You know, theres nothing wrong with them just making the games in DS style.
The 3ds plays DS games too after all.
And there's really not much the 3DS would add to market more buyers.
Remember, people probably thought the DS was dieing when the DSi and DSXL were released too!
But DS games can still have added features that work best on the 3ds.

PM me for info about this project.

Old July 12th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by NV:
Remember, people probably thought the DS was dieing when the DSi and DSXL were released too!
Yeah, but I've played normal DS games on my 3DS and they're terrible. The graphics drop down by a big notch!
Old July 12th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Curious.:

Yeah, but I've played normal DS games on my 3DS and they're terrible. The graphics drop down by a big notch!
You never know Nintendo might have picked up on this and doing something about this for BW2 and other future titles. Still wish they released more games for the 3DS.
Old July 13th, 2012 (02:33 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
The 3DS isn't just a DS revision though, it's a whole new console/the successor. There's actually a fair bit more they could do to 'up the games'.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old July 13th, 2012 (05:50 AM).
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
I really hope they make an RSE remake. Emerald was my first ever pokemon game so It'd be great news to hear of a remake (Just as long as it's not 3DS orientated).
Old July 13th, 2012 (07:18 AM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
Guys, there's a 3DS discussion thread in Video Gaming. I'm being quite lenient with this thread so far, much more than I intended, and although the 3DS is slightly relevant to RSE remakes, that doesn't mean we should sidetrack ourselves to discussing it solely.
paired to diddy

Old July 13th, 2012 (07:26 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I think if we know that we want it then surely Nintendo would, they also know how much it would sell which would generate money for them and why wouldn't they create something that would give them millions?
Old July 13th, 2012 (08:51 AM).
crystalzapdos

They don't make games for the GBA, do they? The DS can play those, so why don't they just make games for it?
Old July 13th, 2012 (09:55 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I think if we know that we want it then surely Nintendo would, they also know how much it would sell which would generate money for them and why wouldn't they create something that would give them millions?
Wasn't there a request sent to GF for GS remakes a long time ago? Has anyone done such a thing for RS remakes yet, if not than we...
Old July 13th, 2012 (11:16 AM).
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA

Wasn't there a request sent to GF for GS remakes a long time ago?
Surely that was the reason they made HGSS.

(btw: than=/=then)
Old July 13th, 2012 (12:05 PM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Wasn't there a request sent to GF for GS remakes a long time ago? Has anyone done such a thing for RS remakes yet, if not than we...
There was actually, back in Ocotober someone created a Twitter account asking Junichi Masuda himself something regarding RS Remakes and he replied: ”Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request.”
Old July 13th, 2012 (06:03 PM).
crystalzapdos

I'm sure they get thousands of letters asking Gamefreak to make y game or put x in a certain game. It probably doesn't affect their decisions at all.
Old July 13th, 2012 (08:03 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

I honestly, think that for the most part, a RSE Remake would be rather pointless.

For 1, all the Hoenn Pokemon are attainable, simply by transferring them from the GBA version to the DPPl versions then trading them to HGSS or any other game you would want it.

For 2, the only reason I see that they would make the remakes, and this is a big one, is that they'd want to make a quick buck from die hard POKeMON fans that wouldn't second guess buying another installation to the franchise.

I stand by my previous response though (like 20 pages back) I'd buy it anyway. Despite is uselessness, I'd be excited for any interesting additions. And Hoenn has been the only one that hasn't been redesigned.
Old July 13th, 2012 (08:27 PM).
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Hoenn Pokemon being obtainable has nothing to do with remakes. Hgss already proved this because all gen 2 Pokemon were obtainable in gen 3 in some way.
Old July 13th, 2012 (08:31 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
Like I've said before, remaking the game wouldn't be for the Pokemon you obtain. It would be to go through the region like you did in 2003 (most of us anyway) and battle the trainers, the gym leaders, Team Aqua/Magma, and just savor the region and storyline. So yeah, it's got those Pokemon, but we're remaking the game, not the Pokemon. I know in Pokemon the Pokemon are obviously important, it's the name of the damn game. But I think the point of remaking it now would be to update the region, the story, the characters, etc. The Pokemon go with use onward to future generations, the region and people don't, and it would be great if we could relive it, redone and restored. Does this make sense?

Basically, it's not about getting the Pokemon, the timeline, the canon, all the crazy posts I personally don't feel like reading. It's about the region, people, and going on the adventure anew.
paired to diddy

Old July 13th, 2012 (10:08 PM).
RandomDSdevel
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
Like I've said before, remaking the game wouldn't be for the Pokemon you obtain. It would be to go through the region like you did in 2003 (most of us anyway) and battle the trainers, the gym leaders, Team Aqua/Magma, and just savor the region and storyline. So yeah, it's got those Pokemon, but we're remaking the game, not the Pokemon. I know in Pokemon the Pokemon are obviously important, it's the name of the [doggone]* game. But I think the point of remaking it now would be to update the region, the story, the characters, etc. The Pokemon go with use onward to future generations, the region and people don't, and it would be great if we could relive it, redone and restored. Does this make sense?

Basically, it's not about getting the Pokemon, the timeline, the canon, all the crazy posts I personally don't feel like reading. It's about the region, people, and going on the adventure anew.
*Censored…Sorry!

I most definitely agree with you, Sydian, because I think that playing Pokémon games gives us all unique experiences. Personally, though, I consider the franchise's titles to be the key to travelling the Pokémon universe; in fact, I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to this: I'm starting over in Kanto with FireRed to gear up for the Hoenn remakes and will probably clear out my save file on SoulSilver to continue this reset quest. The RSEmakes have to happen so that I can keep going! Maybe GameFreak will have released DPPt remakes by the time that I get back to the Sinnoh region (wink, wink.) Now where did that FireRed remake speculation thread go; I want to be able to wirelessly import my old save data from my original Nintendo DS's GBA slot. And maybe when I've finished doing that, I'll finally have time to buy Pokémon Black Version or its eventual remake. Or should I just sit over here in the corner mapping out my own little piece of Pokéarth?
Old July 13th, 2012 (11:00 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.
Old July 13th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
Calvolt
Finely tuned machine

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Trainer Timothy:
Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.
They'd probably only make two, considering how they didn't remake Crystal or Yellow/Green.
Anyway, I hope they do make the remake. Hoenn was one of my favorite generations of Pokémon. Plus, I wouldn't mind the nostalgia kick much at all.
If they do make the remakes, I wonder if they'd do remakes for DP or maybe even BW...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links