Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2012 (02:20 AM).
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:31 AM).

Quote originally posted by rocky505:
The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.
There are Magma and Aqua grunts in Icirrus City? It's the first I've heard about it, interesting. Where abouts are they in the city?

If anything, its definitely more of a hint to an Emerald remake rather than R/S remake.
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:40 AM).
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

Nature: Lonely
Well i think it will release in 3DS platform with name

FiercingRuby
VastSapphire
JadeEmerald

well just kiddding,
but i really wait for this game release!

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:59 AM).
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
The grunts would be the closest we got to "hints"...

...if it wasn't for the fact that the same house held a Rocket grunt in BW!

To clarify, it's just text, they aren't in their costumes or anything. Like the equivalent in BW, they say how they were grunts of said teams in the past, and that you should not tell their wife/husband (who was the opposite team and essentially says the same thing).
Old July 19th, 2012 (07:52 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
They took the Funky talking Rocket Member's house in Icirrus. It was mentioned earlier in the thread and written off as an Easter Egg simply because they took the Rocket Member's spot.

And no it doesn't really mean Emerald Remake. Ruby, Magma tried to destroy the Region and expand land. Sapphire, Aqua tried to destroy the region and expand the sea. Both events happened, doesn't matter if it was in one game or 2. Both events still happened.

And no the closets thing we have for a hint is pretty much the cave with different appearances. The Rocket didn't signify anything when he was in B/W and the Aqua/Magma couple took his house which is only accessible in the winter. It was an Easter Egg in B/W so its an Easter Egg in B2W2.
Old July 19th, 2012 (08:45 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

They could both be classed as hints or coincidences, we said the exact same about Gold & Silver with many references to Johto and other similarities so it could just be grasping or Nintendo planted them there purposely since they like to know how we think.
Old July 19th, 2012 (08:51 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).
Old July 19th, 2012 (09:07 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).
That's true, I'd say there's atleast one hint for every Gen IV+ game that could contribute towards Hoenn.. there is also a soundtrack in Black and White 2's coding which is said to be Rustboro City for those who didn't know although to me it doesn't really sound like it.
Old July 19th, 2012 (09:26 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
The thing with that though, no one expected remakes then. Everyone thought we'd just move right along to the next generation of gaming or the third version, but that didn't happen. So no one was really looking for hints. After two remakes though, people are expecting one and ANYTHING that reminds them of RSE, which if the cycle continues they're next in line to be remade, it's taken as a hint. Although I can't think of anything off the top of my head in RS, I'm sure some crazy nut could find things that hint at FRLG. Because you know, blue and red in gen V obviously means RS remakes. Heck, someone could take the fact that Ruby and Sapphire are red and blue respectively, that could have been a sign for Red and Blue to be remade, though of course, it was Red and Green that were remade, but for speculation at that time, it could have worked. But I'm not gonna go on rampage about that. It's just something to think about.

That Rustboro theme is probably one of the worst music pieces I've heard in the series. Mainly because it sounds nothing like it's supposed to be. If it were original and not the Rustboro theme, it could work. But that theme has already been established and that...doesn't work.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old July 19th, 2012 (09:30 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire. However, if they are currently working on the remakes atleast they have the Gym Leader sprites ready which I personally love.
Old July 19th, 2012 (09:33 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire.
Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.

Old July 19th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Sydian:

Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.
I agree,they really aren't hints specially considering Red,Blue, Green, and Yellow are the most common colors in the franchise (at least that I've paid attention to). As Xander said before the Magma and Aqua (Water) caves are the only significant hints we really have within this generation.
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:03 PM).
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold

Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:10 PM).

I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)

Ruby Remake

Sapphire Remake
Old July 19th, 2012 (03:07 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kanto_Johto:
When I said about the hints for RSE being made redundant, I meant that because there are no hints that actually mean anything or actually provide a substantial argument for remakes currently being planned, then unless Game Freak admits that they actually were hints, then none of the "hints" discovered by fans at present have actually been intentional.

This is similar to "hints" from DPPt signalling HGSS remakes. Other than the Red Gyarados hint (which is an actual hint, since that was an exclusive in-game event for GSC) most other hints were similar to "oh look, those flags are red and blue, like Ruby and Sapphire........HOLY CRAP IT'S A CONSPIRACY".
But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond%3F
Old July 19th, 2012 (03:21 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Quote:
Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?
Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.

Old July 19th, 2012 (04:09 PM).
Never glimpse the truth

Sadly, yes, that's the pitiful point of this thread. I should have waited till remakes were announced before making this really. Then the speculation would be about what everyone wants to see in remakes and everything under that category. It's talked about a bit in here, but half the time it's just timeline conspiracies and how the DS is out and about how long generations last and a bunch of other things I don't bother to read.
Agreed. At this moment in time the speculation really is centred on whether or not the remakes are actually going to happen, and as time passes and no mention of remakes have been made by any officials, I'm slowly beginning to become less and less enthusiastic about the possibility of remakes appearing within the year. Don't get me wrong, I would still still be ecstatic if they were announced, but my optimism is dwindling. I'm still hoping that remakes will eventually be announced, but I doubt they will be any time soon.
Old July 19th, 2012 (04:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by StarUmbreon:
I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)
Only different thing, in Sinnoh for the HG/SS remakes that added Lyra into the Anime while still in Sinnoh. That was HG/SS Remake hint in the Anime. We could get another small bonus like that if we get a new character for the RSE remakes showing up during the Junior World Tournament.
Old July 19th, 2012 (08:40 PM).
Silver Tier

Perhaps for the remakes they could also add the Ryukyu islands for new areas to explore,which are south of Kyushu (in Hoenn's case they would be in the east). They could be like Hoenn's version of the Sevii islands.
Old July 19th, 2012 (09:32 PM).

The next year should be interesting, as I think there is no doubt we will get another main game next year since we already had (almost) the two year gap between B/W and B2W2, so we should get at least one other main game next year before GF has another 2 year gap before releasing the next main series game. So, it could be either R/S remakes or Gen VI. I see it being Gen VI though, because I just don't see them releasing R/S remakes on DS anymore and I don't see them making the first 3DS main game.. a remake.
Old July 19th, 2012 (11:20 PM).
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond%3F
Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.

Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...
Old July 20th, 2012 (04:55 AM).

Quote originally posted by MiTjA:
Red Gyarados was not some hint, it was a direct reference to something everyone remembers from GS.

The caves? No, they won't make everyone think of RS. They could still be a homage to RS of course, but they are nowhere near what the Red Gyarados was in for.

Some random kid that doesn't check the internet for any poke news all the time,
when playing White 2, it'll go like "oh a lava cave, how awesome is that", and won't even know its a boring water-themed cave in Black 2 unless they play it too...

I mean, if the caves weren't showcased in corocoro to point out another difference between versions, it would have taken much longer for this thread to notice it.
Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.

Quote originally posted by MiTjA:
Also, the new plasma reminded me of Johtos Rocket if anything, not Aqua/Magma at all...
I meant relation between old and new Plasma. Opposing to each other like Aqua and Magma. N and Ghetis caused Zekrom/Reshiram to fight with Kyurem, the same like Aqua and Magma caused fight between Kyogre and Groudon. Both fights ended with appearance of third Pokemon - Rayquaza of new Kyurem form. It could be considered as hint because there is some resemblance.
Old July 20th, 2012 (06:38 AM).
Never glimpse the truth

Somebody who played only Platinum wouldn't know about red Gyarados on TV either because it wasn't in that game... should we really care about people who don't check version differences? Alternate water cave is version exclusive for B2 and Sapphire, the same goes with alternate magma cave for W2 and Ruby. All versions exclusives need to be checked to make opinion if there is some hint.

It's also arguable if red Gyarados on TV was direct reference to G/S/C because it doesn't say where that Gyarados is. It could every region because shiny Pokemon can appear in every region (except gen 1). I agree it was hint, but disagree with saying that it was direct reference without any doubt.
So of all the shiny Pokemon they could have chosen, they just happened to choose a Shiny Gyarados, which just happened to have been a major part of the storyline in GSC? Why didn't they choose a rampaging shiny Mantine or Dragonite?

The Red Gyarados story from DPPt is most definitely a direct reference to the GSC games. Otherwise why would they just randomly include something as obvious as that?
Old July 20th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
<Now who's awesome!

yes people who played platinum would've heard about the red gyarados. It was even mentioned in one of these remake threads. A cameraman blocking lake valor talks about it.
Old July 20th, 2012 (09:03 AM).

There also wasn't a Water Cave exclusive to Sapphire and a Magma Cave Exclusive to Ruby.

And what? When did Kyurem stop the fight between Zekrom and Reshiram? I never saw that happen. Old Plasma and New Plasma don't oppose each other in the same way that Aqua and Magma did. If anything they hardly oppose each other at all. They simply don't share the same view but are working towards the same goal. The Plasma relationship in B2W2 is nothing like Aqua/Magma's relationship. Cheren, your Rival, and you are the only ones directly attacking Team Plasma the other Plasma team are just sitting and waiting for N.

So there was no fight in B2W2 that relates to any fights in R/S.
Spoiler:
N used his Dragon to stop Kyurem from killing the Main Character. That is no way similar to two Pokemon warring it out in Emerald forcing the Main Character to go awaken a legendary Dragon to stop their fighting. Rayquaza also didn't attack the other two, get stabbed by some item to fuse with one of the other two either. Nor does the opposite legend make an appearance in B2W2. So no there are no similarities between final battles in B2W2 and R/S/E.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)