• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I would say an RS remake is most likely inevitable, sooner or later graphics are going to be far more advanced than they currently are so to keep Hoenn in the current graphics would just be too dated which would kinda give them no choice. That's just basing it off the graphics side of things however, I mean heck even now they're already way ahead of what they were back then.

But again, for the sake of graphics, is equally as good of a reason as for remaking RBY again. x_x

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
But again, for the sake of graphics, is equally as good of a reason as for remaking RBY again. x_x

Graphics or not, they're going to remake it for nostalgia purposes. They've remade every game so far (with the exception of Yellow) so it would be just stupid not to milk POKeFans for their money with a remake of a clearly adored Generation. Then again I don't understand how graphics mean they have to make a remake. God forbid, Gamefreak/PokeCo. believe Hoenn was a masterpiece and decide to leave it as is.

blue

gucci
Years

That's true but Kanto has kinda been updated in HGSS, maybe not the storyline but the region itself has Gen 4+ graphics. Hoenn is the only region that does not have this.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years

That's true but Kanto has kinda been updated in HGSS, maybe not the storyline but the region itself has Gen 4+ graphics. Hoenn is the only region that does not have this.

That too, Not only have the graphics been updated but the maps of each town have been drastically rearranged. I can honestly say that I had a hard time finding my way around Kanto despite how many times I've played in it.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Gen I and II were remade because they were both outdated and the battery died on most of them. Since Gen III is far from outdated, I don't think they'll remake it soon. We need to see Gen VI first and see how the game has evolved.

I really don't see a point in remaking it. I really love the Gen and I think it's fine as it is. Nothing has changed except for graphics. And if they remake this, then fans will demand a new Kanto remake, and then a Sinnoh remake, and a new Johto remake, Unova remake etc.

blue

gucci
Years
Gen I and II were remade because they were both outdated and the battery died on most of them. Since Gen III is far from outdated, I don't think they'll remake it soon. We need to see Gen VI first and see how the game has evolved.

I really don't see a point in remaking it. I really love the Gen and I think it's fine as it is. Nothing has changed except for graphics. And if they remake this, then fans will demand a new Kanto remake, and then a Sinnoh remake, and a new Johto remake, Unova remake etc.

I've heard of batteries dieing out on GBA cartridges too.. besides the Time based event Pokemon no longer work for some reason such as Jirachi and others.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Uh.....Did you even play Ruby/Sapphire? Maxie and Archie did not start a conflict between their legends. The Legends hated each other and started fighting on their own. Magma and Aqua had nothing to do with them fighting.

N vs Ghetsis was a simple Pokemon battle between one of the Old Legends under N's Control and the Third Legend Kyurem. That still isn't any where NEAR being similar. N wasn't even said to be the leader of the Old Team Plasma, he's basically a more helpful Red in the new games. Only reason we associate him with Plasma because he was with Plasma. Also Ghetsis WANTED to absorb the Dragon N was carrying so they didn't stop a conflict between two legend. N lost the battle against Ghetsis and had his dragon stolen. The fight wasn't resolved by a Third Legend, but incited by the third.

The events on B2W2 are not similar to the events of R/S/E. There is still only 1 Evil team in B2W2 not 2 evil teams.

Obviously Emerald and B2/W2 final events seem not similar if we look at details, but looking at simplified scheme they seem to be similar:
1) Two conflicted leaders (or ex-leader in N's case) are responsible of causing fight between two legendaries by awakening them or bringing them to one place,
2) Two legendaries fight,
3) Appearance or creation of another legendary/another form ends the fight,
4) Player is not capable of catching any of seen legendary Pokemon during the final events. Emerald and B2/W2 are the only games with that trait.

I mean that if there is similarity in story scheme in Emerald and B2/W2, it could mean R/S remakes with Emerald story addition in gen 5. Because G/S/C and D/P/Pt also have similarities in story scheme, such as going by boat to new land after beating League or receiving Togepi egg during storyline (in Platinum).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Obviously Emerald and B2/W2 final events seem not similar if we look at details, but looking at simplified scheme they seem to be similar:
1) Two conflicted leaders (or ex-leader in N's case) are responsible of causing fight between two legendaries by awakening them or bringing them to one place,
2) Two legendaries fight,
3) Appearance or creation of another legendary/another form ends the fight,
4) Player is not capable of catching any of seen legendary Pokemon during the final events. Emerald and B2/W2 are the only games with that trait.

I mean that if there is similarity in story scheme in Emerald and B2/W2, it could mean R/S remakes with Emerald story addition in gen 5. Because G/S/C and D/P/Pt also have similarities in story scheme, such as going by boat to new land after beating League or receiving Togepi egg during storyline (in Platinum).

Ok...
1) Major difference. Team Aqua/Magma didn't purposefully make them fight nor did they expect them to fight after being awakened. They both thought that they could control Groudon and Kyogre with the orbs which they could not.

Unlike N and Ghetsis which was a straight Battle between two Pokemon owned by two different trainers. One is an accidental battle and the other was a forced battle.

3) Appearence and Creation are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Ya know what that means? They aren't similar.

Rayquaza had to be awakened to stop the fighting. If not then Rayquaza wouldn't have stopped the fighting and Kyogre and Groudon would have destroyed the region. It also took the appearance of Rayquaza to end the fight.

Spoiler:

Those scenarios are night and day and aren't similar in the smallest bit.

4) You also don't battle Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza during their movie,
Spoiler:
Again the two factors are different as Night and Day. Complete opposites of one another.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The two events are different period now let's move on to some more realistic hints shall we?

This is a theory not a hint but all three weather trio members can only be captured in Emerald (without the need to trade) out of the five games they have been in (RSEHgSs). Perhaps since in the GS remakes they were version exclusives with Kyogre in Hg and Groudon in Ss the three will be together in the remakes in an Emerald like conclusion to the event.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Instead of hints, let's just talk about what we think we'll see/want to see in them then, haha. I know speculation covers a lot of everything else we've all talked about, but that seems to be doing more damage than good really and everyone's just getting sidetracked. :S

As I mentioned before, does anyone think Altering Cave will get better use this time? The 3DS' streetpass/spotpass could be perfect for something like that, along with that Special storage box paper thing(where you can get the Pikachu wallpaper) and Secret Bases of course.

I also wonder how Mirage Island will come into play this time. It was a real pain to access before, although understandable, just hope they'd make it a more realistic chance this time.

Do you think they'll expand on the Safari Zone?

Is anyone looking forward to being able to plant berries all over again? It's one of the things that gave Hoenn its more natural feel, so I'd hope they wouldn't leave it out.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I was thinking that since HGSS had both Johto and Kanto in them, Nintendo might make an RSE remake with Hoenn and Sinnoh? Could be fairly likely.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I was thinking that since HGSS had both Johto and Kanto in them, Nintendo might make an RSE remake with Hoenn and Sinnoh? Could be fairly likely.
Not really. Kanto was in the original Gen II games so it made sense for it to reappear. Sinnoh wasn't in the original Gen III games or part of the storyline so it would make no sense to include it. Also, Hoenn isn't in Sinnoh's back yard like Johto is in Kanto's.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Instead of hints, let's just talk about what we think we'll see/want to see in them then, haha. I know speculation covers a lot of everything else we've all talked about, but that seems to be doing more damage than good really and everyone's just getting sidetracked. :S

This is the reason I wish I had waited till we had an official announcement, because all speculation consists of at the moment is where they'd fit in the timeline, "hints", and all that crap and debates I don't like reading. Makes this thread really, really unenjoyable, in all honesty. I much prefer speculating not if there will be remakes, or when, or why there won't be. I like talking about what we want to see in our redone Hoenn. Though one might argue "hurrr that'll just get your hopes up and we won't get a remake" Actually, in the early days of the old thread, it was just that. A few hints there and there, but not the timeline and hardware and generation debates. Not that I don't appreciate the enthusiasm and activity from the debates, but it gets to be the same thing over and over and it's just not enjoyable to read. So no offense to anyone that does that. It's just my personal opinion on it.

As I mentioned before, does anyone think Altering Cave will get better use this time? The 3DS' streetpass/spotpass could be perfect for something like that, along with that Special storage box paper thing(where you can get the Pikachu wallpaper) and Secret Bases of course.

I also wonder how Mirage Island will come into play this time. It was a real pain to access before, although understandable, just hope they'd make it a more realistic chance this time.

Do you think they'll expand on the Safari Zone?

Is anyone looking forward to being able to plant berries all over again? It's one of the things that gave Hoenn its more natural feel, so I'd hope they wouldn't leave it out.

I would love for Altering Cave to come back with easier mechanics. Though, aren't the Pokemon that appear in the there also the Pokemon that appear in Emerald's extended Safari Zone? Safari Zone in mind, I would like it if they kept the extensions, along with the new Pokemon added in Emerald, even if it's an RS remake. There's a thread in the adv gen forum about how you felt about the region dex, and quite a few people wanted what was in the extended SZ to be in the regular dex. I agree. It adds more variety and some of those Pokemon just fit well into Hoenn, I think. Even though they weren't in the original dexes, I think it would be a good addition, along with the new evolutions of Hoenn Dex Pokemon (Magnezone, Froslass, Roserade, etc).

Mirage Island I'm sure would make a come back. It's not something I care much for though, because I never saw it haha.

And my batteries in RS have died, so I forget about planting berries really, even in Emerald even though my battery isn't dead for that game. I used to really enjoy berries as a kid though, cause I also did lots of contests, so naturally, I was using berries to make Pokeblocks. I would like more incentive to plant berries again though, so if they are remade, I would probably plant berries and do contests, if they're back as well and not too corny like DPPt's Super Contests.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014

I would love for Altering Cave to come back with easier mechanics. Though, aren't the Pokemon that appear in the there also the Pokemon that appear in Emerald's extended Safari Zone? Safari Zone in mind, I would like it if they kept the extensions, along with the new Pokemon added in Emerald, even if it's an RS remake. There's a thread in the adv gen forum about how you felt about the region dex, and quite a few people wanted what was in the extended SZ to be in the regular dex. I agree. It adds more variety and some of those Pokemon just fit well into Hoenn, I think. Even though they weren't in the original dexes, I think it would be a good addition, along with the new evolutions of Hoenn Dex Pokemon (Magnezone, Froslass, Roserade, etc).

Mirage Island I'm sure would make a come back. It's not something I care much for though, because I never saw it haha.

And my batteries in RS have died, so I forget about planting berries really, even in Emerald even though my battery isn't dead for that game. I used to really enjoy berries as a kid though, cause I also did lots of contests, so naturally, I was using berries to make Pokeblocks. I would like more incentive to plant berries again though, so if they are remade, I would probably plant berries and do contests, if they're back as well and not too corny like DPPt's Super Contests.

Yeah, I think Altering Cave pretty much had the same Pokemon as the Safari Zone. I liked it as well for some reason...it was like one of those tiny additions that you don't hear as much about, yet it still has potential. They could really expand on what's available with 3DS' street/spotpass and maybe add an item or two in there to give it more appeal. The Safari Zone could have the Pokeblock use expanded, maybe by letting you have a better chance at some Pokes depending on what Pokeblock you put in the dispensers?

I think I remember seeing Mirage Island only once? It has more potential as well, they could add in more than just Wynatt and Liechi berries. There definitely needs to be more factors involved as well, obviously. Do you think they could allow there to be other Pokes with a higher chance of obtaining ones with DW abilities?

As for berries, I used them a lot as well. The original contests made them more appealing I guess, along with Pokeblocks. It was especially fun to do that kind of stuff with friends. I guess I was just berry happy then; always would stop by if I saw a fully grown berry plant and pick it, then plant another. Even went to the Berry Master and his wife often to get a chance at some rarer ones. They had THE biggest amount of berry plots in one spot, so it was a popular spot to plant as much variety as you could.

Speaking of berries and all of this 'chance' stuff, does anyone remember all of the little "special events" that randomly went on? That Master Pokeblock making guy visiting the Pokemon Contest Hall and helping you make crazy good Pokeblocks? The special Lilycove Dept. Store rooftop sale for even more Secret Base decorations? Those among others were mad fun to do when you got the chance.

Another thing, didn't someone mention how mixing records could work with Street/Spotpass? I remember finding it amusing whenever I saw my friends' achievements on Tv ingame.

RSE added many fun things that we'd hope would get expanded on.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like that idea about the Safari Zone. Also, since you mentioned Dream World Pokemon, how about Altering Cave having DW ability Pokemon after using Street Pass or whatever? Alter makes me think of alternative, which you know, DW abilities are usually a better alternative to the normal abilities. I think it'd work great. I like the idea about Pokeblocks in Safari Zone as well, as long as it's not some convoluted Pokeblock that's hard to make haha. Maybe instead it could attract Pokemon of certain natures? iirc, the cool, cute, etc moves have a color that corresponds to them, as well as the berries corresponding, which goes with natures too. I'd have to go look at Serebii to explain it better. But like you know, yellow Pokeblock attracts Pokemon with +def natures, blue attracts +sp att natures, etc. That make sense?

I never used the Pokeblock man, but I did like the Dept. Store, cause you could get decorations to put in your base to get across holes, which the best ones had holes. But yeah, it's little things like those special events that made it nice too. What else do you think could be added?

Years
Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?

Sadly, yes. Things such as certain things being Red and Blue make R/S remakes inevitable, somehow.

I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)

The way I see it, Best Wishes 2 is the filler saga. I mean, Ash already has all eight gym badges. All there is left to do with B/W is the league. Everything else is B/W2 based. I think they can make that stall out untill September 2013 for gen 6.

I'm thinking Gen6 will come out September of next year, with the first Pokemon being revealed in Feburary's corocoro. Its alot similar to B/W, but every year since 2005, except 2011, we've had a new Pokemon revealed in Feburary. This year, we had Keldeo. 2010 had Zoroark, 2009 had Arceus, 2008 had Shaymin+Giritina's new form, 2007 had Darkrai, 2006 had Manaphy, and 2005 had Lucario.

It makes you wonder what they'll reveal this Feburary. It can't be an event Pokemon, as those have all been revealed already. It leads me to believe that it will be a gen6 Pokemon. If this is true, there won't be R/S remakes in fifth gen, nor would there be a need for a filler saga.

Perhaps for the remakes they could also add the Ryukyu islands for new areas to explore,which are south of Kyushu (in Hoenn's case they would be in the east). They could be like Hoenn's version of the Sevii islands.

I sure hope so. R/S quite literately had no postgame, except the Battle Tower.

Something I though of, that could be totally wrong and probabally sounds REALLY stupid, but maybe possibly, they could release RS remakes as the first games on the 3DS, and maybe put placeholder spots for the 6th generation Pokemon in the data ready to be downloaded when the 6th generation games come out, and when they do, they can do some type of DLC type thing so you can "Update" the games and be able to have 6th gen Pokemon, attacks and abilities? Sounds stupid and unrealistic, I know but hey, it might be possible. I don't know how the whole system works.

If this was the case, wouldn't it just be easier to make them after gen6?

Fairly likely? More like not even a possibility.

This is a good idea. For every Streetpass Tag you get, the Pokemon in the Cave changes. This keeps happening until you get 15 tags. On your 16th tag, it starts over. Also, they should change the Pokemon to be Sinnoh/Unova/6th gen Pokemon.

If they really wanted to, they could also have an item that changes every time, too. The first item would be a Pokeball or Potion, and with every tag you get, the item gets better and better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they will proably due away with the Altering cave, perhaps they'll add some version exclusive location to it like the water and magma caves in B2W2. Or perhaps they could put Hoenn's version of Black City and White forest.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Or perhaps they could put Hoenn's version of Black City and White forest.

I thought they could make for Ruby remake new modern city on new post-game island. The landmass and number of buildings would increase with number of residents. For Sapphire remake they could make town on island with increasing amount of wild Pokemon areas, walkable puddles, wooden houses and bridges. Maybe teams Magma and Aqua would have something to do with those locations.

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
What would be really cool is if Nintendo did a scene like the ones with Reshiram and zekrom in BW, except with Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
On Updating the RSEmakes…

Cartridge games are very finicky with injecting new code into them and corrode very easily when you do, which is why overuse of Action Replays and Game Sharks ruined most of the older games. [It would still be] possible to get them on the 3DS before 6th Gen just not with the ability to update it when they come out.

Methinks you might be quite mistaken, my skeptical friend. After all, Mario Kart 7 was patched after its release to remove some shortcut-related bugs soon after the Nintendo 3DS's own firmware was imbued with the capabilities necessary to allow this to happen. On another note, the only probable reason that Pokémon's fifth generation cannot fully communicate with its fourth one would be because it is limited by its own code so as to not allow this. Generation IV could not communicate directly with its predecessor because the device family which ran it lacked the necessary External Extension Connector. Whoever stated earlier their prediction that Generation VI might be the first generation of Pokémon games not to drop compatibility with previous titles may have hit the nail right on the head, so to speak. Both the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo DS use ad-hoc WiFi networks to communicate during local multiplayer sessions, and the former has full wireless backwards-compatibility with the latter. I hope that Nintendo has GameFreak utilize this fact in developing the remakes as a sort of 'Generation 5.5.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back