The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted October 20th, 2012 (01:24 PM).
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ahg, I can't wait for these remakes to come out. Hoenn is one of my favourite regions, and that generation was actually so good. I personally found it encompassed one of the best story lines, and the two teams were really interesting.
Old Posted October 20th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
you couldnt predict that BW would be on the DS
That was actually very predicable

Quote:
theres been more surprises than expected things.
The only thing that has ever been completely obvious is when legendaries are left for a follow-up game since gen3.
But apart from that, any emerging tradition is broken before it even becomes an actual pattern.

I seriously doubt some underlying pattern has ever decided what the next games will be. Gamefreak simply did what made the most sense at any point.
I know that, I read the interview, but we've always been able to predict a third game or a new one, which one is B2W2?

They can come out with an R/S/E remake, a Gen 6 (which I doubt so far, judging from the anime) or something out of the blue, because like you said, there is no pattern, that was the point I was trying to make.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old Posted October 20th, 2012 (07:18 PM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I suppose they would want to include version exclusives i.e Solrock, Lunatone, Seviper & Zangoose. Although they did include 300 in the B2W2 Pokedex which is the most so far but, two games would pull in more money.
Version exclusives is what encourages trading between versions, although I'd like to see an expanded Pokedex like the massive one in Black 2 & White 2. They could add all the new evolutions that the original Hoenn Dex Pokemon got in Generation 4, sorta like how Ambipom, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Lickilicky and Tangrowth got added to the HG/SS Pokedex.

If we don't have version exclusives, it would not entice us to trade Pokemon to complete the Pokedex.
Old Posted October 20th, 2012 (07:36 PM).
P0kelegend

If the next game is a new generation I'm thinking they'll probably announce it in January. They announced Gen V in Jan 2010 while the games were released all the way in September so that was a 9 month period, and they could do the same this time around. I just want to play in Hoenn again so much! I don't see Gen VI coming out next year though. Masuda said B/W took 4 years to make since it's an entirely new game with the new region and new Pokemon, and HG/SS took 3 years from 2006 - 2009. They only got the 3DS development kit in early 2010 so if remakes take 3 years to create, then 3 years would be next year so we could get it then - but they could have easily just worked extra harder on Gen VI to get it done in time for next year but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Lets say the remakes come out on 3DS before the Gen VI games.. will the remakes even be able to interact with the new Gen VI games to come after them? It seems more plausible for them to release Gen VI first, so the remakes will be able to interact with the Gen VI Pokemon.
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (03:05 AM).
Racingferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
If the next game is a new generation I'm thinking they'll probably announce it in January. They announced Gen V in Jan 2010 while the games were released all the way in September so that was a 9 month period, and they could do the same this time around. I just want to play in Hoenn again so much! I don't see Gen VI coming out next year though. Masuda said B/W took 4 years to make since it's an entirely new game with the new region and new Pokemon, and HG/SS took 3 years from 2006 - 2009. They only got the 3DS development kit in early 2010 so if remakes take 3 years to create, then 3 years would be next year so we could get it then - but they could have easily just worked extra harder on Gen VI to get it done in time for next year but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Lets say the remakes come out on 3DS before the Gen VI games.. will the remakes even be able to interact with the new Gen VI games to come after them? It seems more plausible for them to release Gen VI first, so the remakes will be able to interact with the Gen VI Pokemon.
I'm pretty sure gen VI will come out before the remakes, and why would anyone want it any other way? If they come out beforehand they will not be part of gen VI, it makes no sense, as new generations primary selling point is brand new pokemon. So they'd have to come out on the DS, and then they'll be horiffically outdated soon after (a year at most) by the next generation.

Its not the same as HGSS -> BW because they were on the same console, and didn't really look too different. Plus BW didn't really add any huge game mechanic changes. However, with gen VI being an even numbered generation, what we should expect (excluding bw2 style suprises) is big gameplay changes and evos/prevos for lots of pokemon. Even generations are revolutionary while odd generations are quite literally evolutionary.

Also, the next big announcement will be in January/February, but it'll be movie related. However, we'll probably be able to guess what's coming next from the movie merchandise.
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (03:46 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If Gen IV comes out before the remakes then I'm pretty sure either remakes or some sort of Hoenn related game will be tied in with that region, I can't see them doing just two remakes... they must have something up their sleeves, especially with the demand increasing.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (04:08 AM).
Racingferret

Has anyone seen this? (3:50 onwards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o-2...eature=g-all-u

I'm not sure whether it's just a NOA employee speculating, or whether he knows we will be getting the remakes at some point.
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (11:48 AM).
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingferret View Post

I'm not sure whether it's just a NOA employee speculating, or whether he knows we will be getting the remakes at some point.
The guy is just asking questions.....
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (01:21 PM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingferret View Post

Now thats interesting, awesome find man! Now the Pokemon Company is telling us two different things , still going with what JM said though, which was there is no pattern.

And also, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all to start off with a Hoenn Remake/Game on the 3DS, because as I said before, the GBA is dead, the DS is dying and 3DS has no GBA slot, of course they can add Hoenn pokemon when need be, but the story would be lost, which is something I'm sure they care about.

And besides, with the way the Anime is going, we're sure to see some filler at some point, which would be an ideal time to have the remakes.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (09:52 PM). Edited October 21st, 2012 by P0kelegend.
P0kelegend

That's what I'm worried about.. them just throwing Hoenn into the Gen VI games as a post-story thing. Whenever we visit Hoenn again, I want it to be a remake or a brand new story there like what B2W2 was to B/W. I don't want Hoenn to be a second region in a game since I want a story there too, Hoenn is too beautiful to just be thrown into a game as an extra region.

But yeah, we'll likely see what were getting next in Jan/Feb when we begin to get more movie details!
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (10:03 PM).
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
hm...there's usually 3-4 main series games to a Generation
(Stadium, XD, etc aren't main series)
Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE/FRLG
Gen IV: D/P/Pt, HGSS
Gen V: BW/B2W2
Gen VI: RSE/???

who knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (04:17 AM).
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
hm...there's usually 3-4 main series games to a Generation
(Stadium, XD, etc aren't main series)
Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE/FRLG
Gen IV: D/P/Pt, HGSS
Gen V: BW/B2W2
Gen VI: RSE/???

who knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x
True but the fact we have sequels could mean we are done with usual
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (09:49 AM). Edited October 22nd, 2012 by HyperXhydra.
HyperXhydra

Why some people think Hoenn remakes will be in GenVI? if there's a reason then the next game
could be Pokemon Grey which I doubt will happen.

Maybe it's like this:
FR/LG ----2004---- 10th anniversary of Pokemon
HG/SS ----2009---- 15th anniversary of Pokemon
Hoenn remake(s)--- 2014--- 20th anniversary of Pokemon.

Also 10th anniversary of Pokemon Emerald so they could make Emerald remake.
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (05:45 PM).
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
Also 10th anniversary of Pokemon Emerald so they could make Emerald remake.
They didn't remake Crystal, so I don't see why they would remake Emerald. They'd probably just put in the Battle Frontier into the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire.
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (06:31 PM).
JollyRoger25
Dark Type Master

Nature: Jolly
Ya know, I made a now locked thread about this, and now that I think about it, the timeline says that they won't. Black and White take place after Gold, Silver, Crystal, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. All of the previous remakes have taken place at the same time as the released generation, but Black and White take place in its own timeline, and Black 2 and White 2 take place continuing that timeline, placing the new time at least two generations ahead of the previous remake, and three generations ahead of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I would love a remake, but at least timeline wise, I don't see it happening.
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (08:08 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
They also don't normally give games a direct sequel. Don't underestimate GameFreak after Black and White 2 popped out.
Pokemon games, remakes or mains, are released in pairs. To both, reissue the original versions in an updated system, and to play off their "you should go out and find people to interact with". Pokemon's purpose is the latter, which is why we'll never get home console main games TTwTT. Based on the assumption they don't break thier word on this, emerald centered remakes aten't likely to happen.
Old Posted October 22nd, 2012 (08:59 PM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't released as a pair. I'm just saying that with the recent B2W2 not being the anticipated third game (key word game, without an s, singular, you get it) I don't think we can really accurately predict their next move. I mean, was anyone expecting to get sequels to BW? I don't think it's likely they'd remake Emerald, but at the same time, it's not an option I'd throw out the window given how they've been recently.

k bye bye to this thread for another month or so lol. -dash-
Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't main games either. They were Special Editions that went along with the main games. The Main games from Gen one were Red and Green. with the third being Blue, and then everywhere got yellow as its special edition, only Red and Green were remade. Gold and Silver were the main titles for Generation 2, crystal was a special edition with a story that was added as a mini plot within the remakes.

Ruby and Sapphire are the main games, with Emerald being the "Director's cut" which is the way the story was told through the director's point of view. Platinum is the same way with Diamond and Pearl, which was why we got minor story add ons instead of a story focus change like they did in Crystal.

Generation 5 has 4 main games to it, which yes is unprecedented, but Gamefreak already said they never planned for the games to release the way they did. The pattern just fell into itself and was completely coincidental. Doesn't speak for the way they did remakes. With Emerald only changing a few small aspects of Ruby and Sapphire and Gamefreaks focus of forcing us to trade between a set of games, Emerald would go the way Crystal did and be an add on edit into the story of Ruby and Sapphire revamped with new graphics. And really, only major changes would be Magma's hide out, off screen awakening of rival legend which possibly wouldn't be capturable, and Cinematic fight and arrival of Rayquaza to calm things down.

We already know they aren't doing thirds for Generation 5 (Mana Ibe's interview not to mention there is no way to fuse the storylines for B2W2 since the dragons are game exclusive and N wouldn't have both not to mention you can't have 2 Kyurem alternate forms in one game), which leaves Remakes of Gen 6 next. Though Gamefreak has said that they release 2 games to force us to trade. We won't get 1 game with everything in it just because of that, so Emerald, which would mean there would be a good chunk of Hoenn Pokemon purposefully removed to trade between Remake and what ever Main Generation game is there, isn't really an option.
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (08:47 AM).
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
They didn't remake Crystal, so I don't see why they would remake Emerald. They'd probably just put in the Battle Frontier into the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire.
because 2009 was the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver not Crystal, also 15th anniversary of Pokemon.
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (12:44 PM).
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
because 2009 was the 10th anniversary of Gold and Silver not Crystal, also 15th anniversary of Pokemon.
They don't make games according to things like anniversaries. There is a million real factors that decide what games they create.
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (12:59 PM).
HyperXhydra

Quote:
They don't make games according to things like anniversaries. There is a million real factors that decide what games they create.
I'm just assuming that.
so we'll have to wait for Jan/Feb to see what's the next new games.
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (02:29 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2012 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
[W]ho knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x
They always introduce a new region with each generation, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
The Main games from Gen one were Red and Green. with the third being Blue, and then everywhere got [Y]ellow as its special edition, only Red and Green were remade.
Wait…I thought that Blue was the international version of Green and Yellow was the director's cut because of how it tied the games together with the anime, even if only temporarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
…[W]e got minor story add ons instead of a story focus change like they did in Crystal.
I thought Crystal was a director's cut, too! Director's cuts don't have to merge the two main games within their stories, do they? Except that they usually do…
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (03:51 PM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
They always introduce a new region with each generation, don't they?

Wait…I thought that Blue was the international version of Green and Yellow was the director's cut because of how it tied the games together with the anime, even if only temporarily.

I thought Crystal was a director's cut, too! Director's cuts don't have to merge the two main games within their stories, do they? Except that they usually do…
No, Blue is the third game in Japan, and the one we got internationally. Yellow was the Special Edition for Gen 1 as a tie into the Anime.

As for Gen 2, Director's cuts started in Gen 3. Crystal was a Special edition since it wasn't the same overall story. It was different from Gold and Silver, though it was made to add in the new aesthetic changes to Pokemon as well as the Female Protagonist choice.

Emerald and Platinum are Director's cuts. They have the same original story retold in the way the Director wanted them to be told.

Thinking of Crystal as a part of the original series and not a stand alone title to complement the series kinda writes why Crystal stuff was included with the G/S remakes, though that doesn't write off the possible changes from Emerald not being included into Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I'm kinda hopin that they do the battle scene now with off screen search for uncatchable rival legend.
Old Posted October 23rd, 2012 (04:46 PM).
P0kelegend

Just a random possible hint, in the desert area in B2W2 near the Relic Castle someone randomly standing there mentions the Go-Goggles and the fact that the Mirage Tower in Hoenn has disappeared and how the Relic Castle is slowly being sucked into the ground (probably referring to the fact that the Mirage Tower disappeared by being sucked into the ground/sand too). It probably means nothing at all, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old Posted October 25th, 2012 (08:21 AM).
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

The guy talking about the go-goggles was in bw. But I don't remember him talking about the mirage tower.
Old Posted October 25th, 2012 (02:26 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
The focus is now on the RS remakes, now that BW & B2W2 is released.. that's the only thing next in line going by the pattern. Then there's the possibilty of either a completely new game or Gen IV coming early but I think we're getting closer! Also, The Pokemon Company is attending Jumpa fest in December again.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links