The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #751    
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
KingCyndaquil's Avatar
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The focus is now on the RS remakes, now that BW & B2W2 is released.. that's the only thing next in line going by the pattern. Then there's the possibilty of either a completely new game or Gen IV coming early but I think we're getting closer! Also, The Pokemon Company is attending Jumpa fest in December again.
They attended Jump Fest last year and it wasn't anything special, but may I have a source please?

Also, I do believe we're getting closer, it seems like the time is here, almost like HG/SS.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but the Unova League is starting up pretty soon in Japan, which means no filler before the League, but I still think we're getting some filler afterwords, they still have to take on Team Plasma, which they skipped the introduction for, if there is filler I believe that a remake is coming, if 6th Gen starts, which I highly doubt because of the lack of the "new never before seen Pokemon" in the movie wasn't done, then we may not get one until Emeralds US anniversary and I think they may incorporate Genesect in the show.

We just gotta keep an eye on the anime for what comes next in the games
__________________



3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
  #752    
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The focus is now on the RS remakes, now that BW & B2W2 is released.. that's the only thing next in line going by the pattern. Then there's the possibilty of either a completely new game or Gen IV coming early but I think we're getting closer! Also, The Pokemon Company is attending Jumpa fest in December again.
There is no focus going on right now. There have been no announcements that say they are focusing on a new game, nor on the remakes. If anything Nintendo as a whole is focusing on then new PMD since that is all there is news on currently. That's all Unova/Gen 5 stuff.

Gamefreak has also said that there is no pattern as to how they make games. The games just happened to fall that way. So there never was a specified pattern to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
They attended Jump Fest last year and it wasn't anything special, but may I have a source please?

Also, I do believe we're getting closer, it seems like the time is here, almost like HG/SS.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but the Unova League is starting up pretty soon in Japan, which means no filler before the League, but I still think we're getting some filler afterwords, they still have to take on Team Plasma, which they skipped the introduction for, if there is filler I believe that a remake is coming, if 6th Gen starts, which I highly doubt because of the lack of the "new never before seen Pokemon" in the movie wasn't done, then we may not get one until Emeralds US anniversary and I think they may incorporate Genesect in the show.

We just gotta keep an eye on the anime for what comes next in the games

We aren't guaranteed much in terms of filler. We could end up with reruns until they are ready to start the next series. There are many things that can still happen, but as far as Plasma is concerned, they aren't doing it. They canceled all of Plasma's episodes and future ideas after they canceled the Castellia Earthquake episode so good chance Plasma will not be in the series at all. There has been one hint to possible filler so far, and that hint takes us back to Kanto.

Genesect also has his own Movie coming out soon, so Genesect won't be in the show as far as I can see.
  #753    
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cat's Avatar
Cat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I'm not saying that, what I'm trying to say is that now B2W2 has been released; the next anticipated games will most likely be RS remakes even if that means they're not the next games to be released.
__________________


  #754    
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
AncientWarrior's Avatar
AncientWarrior
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Blue Springs
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Honestly, Hoenn is the only region I haven't played. I've been told by many it's the best, and I would definitely buy one of the remakes to try it out.


Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
__________________
Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.
  #755    
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Sverige's Avatar
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWarrior View Post
Honestly, Hoenn is the only region I haven't played. I've been told by many it's the best, and I would definitely buy one of the remakes to try it out.


Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Me too. I have an Emerald cartridge and I begin to play it but I quickly lose interest and stop. Then, when my interest is gained again, I start over because I don't like what I've done so far (before).
__________________
  #756    
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
HyperXhydra's Avatar
HyperXhydra
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWarrior View Post
Honestly, Hoenn is the only region I haven't played. I've been told by many it's the best, and I would definitely buy one of the remakes to try it out.


Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
I played RSE in my childhood, however imo it's not the best Pokemon game,
to me BW tops all of the Pokemon games(so far) by the story and music also characters.
I think BW is better than B2W2, I like all the generations, and it would be great if
they remade RSE, they should!
  #757    
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
I played RSE in my childhood, however imo it's not the best Pokemon game,
to me BW tops all of the Pokemon games(so far) by the story and music also characters.
I think BW is better than B2W2, I like all the generations, and it would be great if
they remade RSE, they should!
What makes you say BW is better?
  #758    
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
KingCyndaquil's Avatar
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There is no focus going on right now. There have been no announcements that say they are focusing on a new game, nor on the remakes. If anything Nintendo as a whole is focusing on then new PMD since that is all there is news on currently. That's all Unova/Gen 5 stuff.

Gamefreak has also said that there is no pattern as to how they make games. The games just happened to fall that way. So there never was a specified pattern to follow.




We aren't guaranteed much in terms of filler. We could end up with reruns until they are ready to start the next series. There are many things that can still happen, but as far as Plasma is concerned, they aren't doing it. They canceled all of Plasma's episodes and future ideas after they canceled the Castellia Earthquake episode so good chance Plasma will not be in the series at all. There has been one hint to possible filler so far, and that hint takes us back to Kanto.

Genesect also has his own Movie coming out soon, so Genesect won't be in the show as far as I can see.
I don't watch the japanese anime so I can't argue that lol, i just know that the Unnova League is coming up.

It doesn't necessarily mean that their going to Kanto because
Spoiler:
team rocket is in Unnova
they can really go to any region, although Kanto is more likely but still, IF remakes are indeed next they can very well set something up in Hoenn, since it doesnt have an evil team anymore
__________________



3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
  #759    
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
What makes you say BW is better?
They said the story, music and charcters in the post you quoted o.O
__________________
  #760    
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
They said the story, music and charcters in the post you quoted o.O
I'm mean what makes it better BW2 .
They have the same characters plus more
The same music plus more.
The only difference is the story. I would say the story is just as good.
And the story is a continuation of the first .
As far as features BW2 is the best.

So what I wanted to know was why he liked BW story more compared to BW2?
In regards to everything else Bw2 is better
  #761    
Old October 27th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
I don't watch the japanese anime so I can't argue that lol, i just know that the Unnova League is coming up.

It doesn't necessarily mean that their going to Kanto because
Spoiler:
team rocket is in Unnova
they can really go to any region, although Kanto is more likely but still, IF remakes are indeed next they can very well set something up in Hoenn, since it doesnt have an evil team anymore
No Team Rocket returned to Kanto. There isn't any "bad guys" in the Anime anymore for the remainder of the season and the normal bad guys we grew up to are back in Kanto now. Since they are main protagonists, the anime would have to follow them as well or make a reason as to why they appear in a different region.
  #762    
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
SaniOKh's Avatar
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: France
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
I know I'm going against the popular opinion here, but I don't think RSE remakes are necessary. Here is why:

Remember how Gen 3 was incompatible with Gen 1 and 2? Well, when you think about it, this incompatibility broke the five Pokémon generations into two isolated ecosystems (that's how I call them, feel free to coin a better term ):
  • The first one: Red/Blue/Yellow <-> Gold/Silver/Crystal
  • The second (current) one: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen -> Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver -> Black/White/Black 2/White 2

According to the official statements made back then, the main reason for releasing FireRed and LeafGreen was that incompatibility. By releasing these games, Gen 1 was recreated as part of the current ecosystem. A few years later, HeartGold and SoulSilver did the same to Gen 2. Thus, all generations are now available in versions that are compatible with the most recent releases (Gen 3 being compatible by proxy, through Gen 4), and there is no need for continuing the remakes anymore.


One more thing: ever since the reboot between Gen 2 and Gen 3, every new game was either an alternate version of, contemporaneous with or a sequel to the game that came immediately before. In this context, I can hardly imagine them releasing a RSE remake (which would be a prequel, taking place a decade prior to the last games, Black 2 and White 2) and think that if they ever use Hoenn again, it would more likely be for a sequel (I wouldn't mind a new adventure in Hoenn... or better yet, in a whole new region with Hoenn available in post-game) .
  #763    
Old October 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
While you are right that in the current moment they can be transferred to D/P/P and then to B/W/2, but this wont be the case in the future when they move to the 3DS as the 3DS eliminates the use of a GBA slot which means the games will be 100% incompatible with their current handheld console and games.

However it still doesn't mean we will get a remake, as they could just add in Hoenn post-game like you said... however, I'm sure Nintendo would do a full on remake or a sequel since it just means more money for them.
  #764    
Old October 28th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Cat's Avatar
Cat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
There are reasons to hinder a remake but then there are also reasons to support a remake..

The battery in the RSE cartridges can run dry which makes all time based events (Berries, Mirage Island etc) unavailable to access. There are still multiple Pokemon even after the release of B2W2 that aren't catchable from the Hoenn region. The graphics could be classed as outdated which isn't the case for the other four regions since they have some cameo on the DS.
__________________


  #765    
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Surely if these hypothetical games are gonna show up anytime soon, they would have been working on them for some time now.

So why did they insist putting the golems and the Latis into BW2 where they seem out of place if they were to star in their proper games right after these?

Its not a 100% conclusive point, but thought Id bring it up anyway :B
__________________
  #766    
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
jupiter1's Avatar
jupiter1
[]
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: My house
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Just to bring this up, there's an uncanny number of Hoenn music in BW(2).
One of the covers for the BW2 OST even features Rayquaza (vgmdb.net/db/assets/covers-medium/33367-1343711363.jpg)
And you can check the tracklist for yourself in the VGMdb (vgmdb.net/album/33367)
I don't get why such a trivial track (yes, it's only 4 seconds) like "Entry Call" would be even on BW2 OST, which happens to be from Emerald.
So, maybe the rather unusual number of tracks just for Hoenn points to a remake.

And it's fitting that RSE does get released for 3DS sometime, the question is when. I know there's some debate for whether the DS(i) is dead or not, but in retrospect to the GB and GBA it is inevitably destined to be discontinued (for example, the DS Lite is discontinued for some time now.)
I do know that just because some game has a lot of tracks attributed to it, doesn't mean that the game will be remade. Just wanted to point it out.
  #767    
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
ZettaSlowbro's Avatar
ZettaSlowbro
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jax, Fl
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
From what I heard B/W 2 was supposed to be the last (Main series) game on the DS.
So, if they do remake it It'll probably be on the 3DS. Meaning they have the possibly to make much better graphics. Maybe well see battle scenes in it like in Pokemon stadium?
So has Nintendo/Game Freak, said anything on this matter at all?
__________________

White 2 FC: 4427 9506 5247
White FC: 1377 9722 4917
3DS FC: 1736 0570 0480
  #768    
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1 View Post
Just to bring this up, there's an uncanny number of Hoenn music in BW(2).
One of the covers for the BW2 OST even features Rayquaza (vgmdb.net/db/assets/covers-medium/33367-1343711363.jpg)
And you can check the tracklist for yourself in the VGMdb (vgmdb.net/album/33367)
I don't get why such a trivial track (yes, it's only 4 seconds) like "Entry Call" would be even on BW2 OST, which happens to be from Emerald.
The B2W2 OST contains tracks from Emerald and Platinum which were not included on the Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl OSTs. That was confirmed from the pre-release information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaSlowbro View Post
So has Nintendo/Game Freak, said anything on this matter at all?
All we really have is a Tweet by Masuda saying to @RSremake that Ruby and Sapphire are very important to him.
  #769    
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZettaSlowbro View Post
So has Nintendo/Game Freak, said anything on this matter at all?
Well not specifically what you asked, but they are opposed to replacing 2d sprites with 3d polygons for the battles.
__________________
  #770    
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cat's Avatar
Cat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
You could say because The Golems and Latis are in B2W2 that remakes are no longer necessary since the vast majority of Hoenn Legendaries are available to date. However they were included in HGSS & Platinum, in FRLG they included the three legendary dogs and Ho-Oh & Lugia iirc. Jirachi and Deoxys are still unavailable in the later games, there have been no in-game events for those two in DPPT, HGSS, BW or B2W2 as far as I'm aware of.
__________________


  #771    
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
You could say because The Golems and Latis are in B2W2 that remakes are no longer necessary since the vast majority of Hoenn Legendaries are available to date. However they were included in HGSS & Platinum, in FRLG they included the three legendary dogs and Ho-Oh & Lugia iirc. Jirachi and Deoxys are still unavailable in the later games, there have been no in-game events for those two in DPPT, HGSS, BW or B2W2 as far as I'm aware of.
This. Lugia & Ho-Oh were available in both FRLG and Emerald, so the Latis & Golems being in B2W2 is not a big deal especially since they also could have put them in because B2W2 were the last main games on the DS and people needed a way to obtain them on the DS system before they move to the 3DS.
  #772    
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Lugia and Ho-oh needed Event items to get them so no they weren't in the games conventionally unlike the Golems and the Latis who are just in the game without needing to download an item outside of the game to unlock their events in the game.

Way to obtain are completely different. Not everyone can get Lugia/Ho-oh in FR/LG/E so them being readily catchable in their own games it merited. You don't need to go out of your way to download event items to complete the Gen 3 Legend between Gens 4 and 5 as the items you need are available through the normal game.

Jiranchi and Deoxys are Download Events only, they won't get in-game events. Event Legends, Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Manaphi, Shaymin, and Arceus are only released through events. They haven't ever been released through normal game play in a main game. You always have to download either an item of the Pokemon specifically. So baring Events which are not available to everyone, you can only count those that are just in the game.

Last edited by Khrysta; October 28th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
  #773    
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:06 PM
MrGriszell's Avatar
MrGriszell
Madara
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Can we agree on the fact that the need for a RS remakes is the same for a Gen 6 game.
There's really no need for a gen 6 game , but we are gonna get it because the fans want it and GF can make it. I think the same can be said for the remakes. In the end I don't think game freak even considers the reasons that are given on this thread to decide Whether or not we get a remake . If the fans want it and if its marketable we are gonna get it. I think we are gonna get it for gen 5 . Even tho I agree it would be amazing on the 3ds and that there are really good arguments for putting it on the 3ds I believe it's gonna be on the DS . Lets face it eventually the 3ds will be obsolete , and by the time hoen needs to be remade again its not really gonna matter if these remakes were on the DS or the 3ds. It's like arguing about if a game should of come out on the game boy or the gameboy advance . 2012 makes that argument irrelevant , just as in 7-10 years whether we got the gen 3 remakes on the DS or 3ds will be irrelevant .

So what I'm saying is , if we get the remakes its because GF wants to release them not because of lack of pokemon or how hard it is to get certain pokemon
  #774    
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter1 View Post
And it's fitting that RSE does get released for 3DS sometime, the question is when. I know there's some debate for whether the DS(i) is dead or not, but in retrospect to the GB and GBA it is inevitably destined to be discontinued (for example, the DS Lite is discontinued for some time now.)
Even though Nintendo has discontinued support for its Game Boy Advance console for the most part, couldn't the Nintendo 3DS still remain compatible with the Pokémon games released for it through its backwards compatibility with the Nintendo DS family of systems? The Nintendo 3DS can, after all, still act as a Nintendo DS Download Play server. Why couldn't Nintendo issue a Nintendo DS Download Play app that could allow the NIntendo DS or DS Lite to broadcast data from its Nintendo DS Dual Link functionality to the NIntendo 3DS?
  #775    
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
MiTjA's Avatar
MiTjA
Poké-atheist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Slovenia
Age: 24
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
Even tho I agree it would be amazing on the 3ds and that there are really good arguments for putting it on the 3ds I believe it's gonna be on the DS .
How can you possibly believe that?

Do you understand that the 3DS is not just a new gimmicky DS?

It makes absolutely no sense not to do whatever is next on 3DS, Nintendos current handheld for almost 2 years, thats not even taking into account how long after announcement till the games would be released, let alone localized.

There is simply no way Gamefreak makes another DS game.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.