The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
The extras of Crystal and Emerald are not the same logic.

Conceptually
In Gen II, they added a random forced plot with Suicune for C
In Gen III, they excluded Rayquazas plot for RS
So Crystal was probably decided after GS, whereas they planned RSE with the third version already in mind.

If that makes any sense... GS were complete, with C just adding extra stuff, whereas RS were intentionally lacking the prepared full plot, so E could be the proper version.

My point being that based on
"theyve just added the 'extras' to the initial games for the previous remakes"
you cant assume they will keep this approach, because it is not the same problem.

Id be less surprised really if they decided to remake the third version TOO this time, than if they forced the Rayquaza plot where it doesnt belong.
Gamefreak said they don't plan the next set of games until they finished the first set. So Emerald wasn't planned during Ruby/Sapphire, nor would it really matter as Emerald was a Director's Cut already making it different from Crystal. All they had to do for Emerald was ask the current director of the Generation what HE thought the story should be and he merged the stories of Ruby and Sapphire and added a few extra details.
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gamefreak said they don't plan the next set of games until they finished the first set. So Emerald wasn't planned during Ruby/Sapphire, nor would it really matter as Emerald was a Director's Cut already making it different from Crystal. All they had to do for Emerald was ask the current director of the Generation what HE thought the story should be and he merged the stories of Ruby and Sapphire and added a few extra details.
I would perhaps buy if they said that they didn't know how they'll buff Kyurem yet when they made BW,
or even what they'd do with Giratina, since the Torn world and forme seem like something they might have simply thought of later,

but Rayquaza stopping an epic fight was obviously part of the plan all along... e_e

Lets say it this way,
They set up the basics in the main games, so they have something to work with for the extra version. Unlike Crystal, where they had nothing and went with the random Suicune thing, which even the anime might have been the main influence for..
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
As much as I want a RSE remake, I think its never going to happen. They already have connectivity (transfer of Pokemon and all that good stuff) between all the games already. The only reason why there was Gen I and Gen II remakes because there is no connectivity between the newer games and them. But because they might not have brand new ideas for the Gen VI game, they MIGHT remake it to buy some time for their Gen VI game.

Don't flame me, its just my opinion.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:13 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
The issue with the connectivity is that the DS lite will (if not already) be retired thus leaving Gen III out, though B2W2 does have a lot of the Hoenn mon's and HgSs have the legends...hmm I guess that's sort does neutralize the point of remakes other than to enhance graphics, add new areas, and make more money especially if it's a 3Ds game...
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
The issue with the connectivity is that the DS lite will (if not already) be retired thus leaving Gen III out, though B2W2 does have a lot of the Hoenn mon's and HgSs have the legends...hmm I guess that's sort does neutralize the point of remakes other than to enhance graphics, add new areas, and make more money especially if it's a 3Ds game...
Already repeated myself on this many times XD

Only reason for R/S/E Remakes right now is rehash/update of the story and graphic update. This is double-edged to many fans also wanting Gen 1 remakes again seeing as they are also out of date again by the same logic. Some want a one and one, some don't want Gen 1 remade again, some want Gen 1 remade and not Gen 3. (Met a few. Confuses me too.)

Something is gunna happen at some point and time. Eventually all the games will be recycled a second go round just to keep the stories in circulation and to have them keep up with current graphics. 30-40 more years from now we'll (Pokemon Fanbase not specifically us) be asking for Gen 3 remakes again after Gen 1 and Gen 2 reremakes.

Hell Mario does a lot. Its usually the same thing over and over again, sometimes the same exact story with new powers only.
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Community Supporter

...if they remake one of the first two gens I hope it's not for another 3 gens after the original remakes, same goes for Gen III,IV, and V.

Speaking of added stuff what new things might the remakes add, Kanto had the islands, a sevii island Rocket post game quest.
Johto added new routes, a safari zone, and Poketholon.
Also FrLg added the Battle hill (irc) from RS, and HgSs the BF from. So the remakes might add something from B2W2.
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
...if they remake one of the first two gens I hope it's not for another 3 gens after the original remakes, same goes for Gen III,IV, and V.

Speaking of added stuff what new things might the remakes add, Kanto had the islands, a sevii island Rocket post game quest.
Johto added new routes, a safari zone, and Poketholon.
Also FrLg added the Battle hill (irc) from RS, and HgSs the BF from. So the remakes might add something from B2W2.
If you are talking about Trainer Hill, that's exclusive to Emerald. If you mean Battle Tower, that is in all Pokemon Games up to Generation 5, so its inclusion in FR/LG was more along the lines of the Battle Tower is an after story staple to the games. With that, there wasn't anything new from R/S/E added to FR/LG since none of the other exclusives transfered over.

As for Battle Frontier, seems like Main games got Tower by itself and then thirds would get Fronteir. Since Gen 2 already had a Battle tower, it got upgraded into a Frontier.

Time wise, PWT wouldn't fit in as the Unova Leaders would only then be able to consist of those from B/W as Cheren, Roxie, and Marlon were made Gym Leaders after the events of B/W. Not to mention that PWT came into creation after B/W's course and opened up for challenges during the story of B2W2.

I don't see how it could exist in the past when it wasn't thought up until many years later. The Remakes will already have the old Frontier back which is 7 facilities if I remember right, which seems more than enough if they keep it to those 7.
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:00 AM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
I'm sure the PWT won't make a comeback in the remake. Perhaps the original Battle Frontier will, but PWT? No.

What I really miss were the Trick House, Contests and GAME CORNER. I sure hope Gamefreak doesn't neglect these areas if this game were remade.
Old November 9th, 2012, 04:15 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
4 words.

Trick House wifi downloads.
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
4 words.

Trick House wifi downloads.
Creepy. I came in here to post about the wonders that could be done with the Trick House.
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

If the RSE remake were made for 3DS (it IS likely since the DS line is already dying), I would really love to see DLC for trick house. I'll buy every single one of them.
Old November 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Khrysta

Oh god I forgot about Trick House. That would be awesome that after the 7 Badge related ones, you can download more mazes.
Old November 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I was listening to the Trick House music only last night, I kinda forgot about that yet I loved it. I hope they have more complicated puzzles and as Mitja said, it would be great if you could get more via DLC.

Old November 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Heracles4

If they do make it, they should add a battle frontier for after the main game, and make it more like how it is in the anime

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Community Supporter

I hated the anime version of the BF...
Does anyone think they might throw in Kanto into the remakes just for the sake of having it.
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
I hated the anime version of the BF...
Does anyone think they might throw in Kanto into the remakes just for the sake of having it.
I don't think so. To be honest, we had enough of Kanto. With the exception of Generation V, we can go to Kanto in EVERY SINGLE generation. I would be speechless if Gamefreak were to extend Kanto to Gen V.

If there were some sort of remake, maybe they might add the Sevii Islands in.

I am starting to think that Gen V will end with B2W2.
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I am starting to think that Gen V will end with B2W2.
Not unless they have no ideas of new Pokemon, they either end the games (sad but will be coming in the near future) or it will become like Digimon (initially a great franchise, untill Season 4/5) or they actually do something that's sensible such as making a remake, so that they can actually feed the fans something for Game Freak to buy sometime to make Gen VI.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 10th, 2012, 04:43 AM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post
Not unless they have no ideas of new Pokemon, they either end the games (sad but will be coming in the near future) or it will become like Digimon (initially a great franchise, untill Season 4/5) or they actually do something that's sensible such as making a remake, so that they can actually feed the fans something for Game Freak to buy sometime to make Gen VI.
I'm starting to have this feeling that the remake will happen in Gen 6. I'm very certain GF has 3D sprites ready for the next gen (Pokedex 3D and the Harmo Knight game being a test perhaps?)

To be honest, I feel that Gen V can end beautifully without a remake. A full story of a region within one generation seems just right. The last DS compatible Pokemon games being a full story.

I can imagine how much RSE or even FRLG will benefit from a 3DS remake. With enhanced communications, no more pesky friend codes for every game, tremendous music and graphics boost...
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Heracles4

They should still have the HM dive. With way better graphics, it'll be way better

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
They will include dive, it was the only way to access Sootopolois City and it was exclusive to RSE up until BW.

Old November 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Heracles4

Black and White has Dive?

Old November 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
After you finish the main game you can get it.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

I too am thinking remakes won't be coming this gen either...but if they were to include a whole of new things I wouldn't mind them (and evolutions for Hoenn pokémon like gen IV did with Johto which could be added into the Hoenn dex come remake time) I would not mind the wait at all...
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:42 PM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

If RSE remakes were made for the next gen, it would mean Gen 5 is the shortest generation out of all.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
If RSE remakes were made for the next gen, it would mean Gen 5 is the shortest generation out of all.
It would have the same length as Gen 1 and Gen 2 which were 3 years for each. Two years between B/W and B2W2 and then a year after that for Gen 6 would make Gen 5 a 3 year Generation like the first two.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here