Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
I wonder what will Game Freak do with the new jet-form Genesect? I thought it might be added for remakes (since that form is not found even in B2W2), or is it just me?
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart View Post
I wonder what will Game Freak do with the new jet-form Genesect? I thought it might be added for remakes (since that form is not found even in B2W2), or is it just me?
Genesect doesn't have any alternate forms. Where did you get this "Jet Form" from?
Old December 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Where did you get this "Jet Form" from?
It's in the trailer of the upcoming movie "The Extremespeed Genesect".

EDIT: Found the trailer!
Spoiler:

For me it looks like a red jet a bit.
Starry Windy

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 23rd, 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spoilers?
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
scprepschool

Quote:

Spoiler:

I think thats just the way genesect flys. If they gave genesect a flying form it would defeat the purpose of genesects base form being able to learn the hm fly... just saying a company as aesthetically gifting as game freak would notice that loop hole. It would be neat in future games though if you teach a genesect fly thatit sprite changes when using the move lol i guess
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:00 AM
~Dreamscape~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
The recently released issue of Nintendo Dream magazine contains a New Year card signed by Game Freak. In it, they promise to "do their best to work toward the next evolution of the Pokémon world".

Definitely seems like they are talking about something brand new, rather than remaking something so it's probably Gen VI.
Great information. (:

I expect some bigger annoucement for the next game soon.
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:

Spoiler:

That is simply how Genesect uses Fly.

A perfect co-example of this is Golurk, who can also learn HM2 Fly, and as seen by various media, it does so by retracting its legs and hands, then using them as engines.

The only thing new about this Genesect is that it is shiny and has Extremespeed.
Old December 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

And strangely, as seen in images posted by P0kelegend 5 pages ago, this is confirmed to be Genesect's new form (Japan call it High-speed flight form). And there are pictures of Groudon and Kyogre, too.

Quote:
If they gave genesect a flying form it would defeat the purpose of genesects base form being able to learn the hm fly...
You remind me of Keldeo which if it learns Secret Sword in B2W2, it changes to Resolute form (and does not change form in original BW).
Starry Windy

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 24th, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I hope there is a Ruby and Sapphire remake.

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:18 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
And strangely, as seen in images posted by P0kelegend 5 pages ago, this is confirmed to be Genesect's new form (Japan call it High-speed flight form). And there are pictures of Groudon and Kyogre, too.

You remind me of Keldeo which if it learns Secret Sword in B2W2, it changes to Resolute form (and does not change form in original BW).
It might be worth noting that Metagross has a similar "form" for flying in the anime where it retracts its legs and levitates. Serebii has yet to make any note of Genesect having another form/forme, so I would wait until we see some official news. People also thought that the Overdrive for Reshiram, Zekrom, and the Kyurem formes was going to be alternate forms/formes as well.
"Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
=====

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:05 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Perhaps this is a hint for what's next: "Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream has posted a greetings card sent out by GameFreak. This greetings card doesn't reveal much news but does state that Junichi Masuda has said that during 2013, they intend to further evolve the world of Pokémon. It's currently unclear as to what exactly this means for Pokémon games but we'll bring the announcements as they come- Source Serebii" The evolve the world of Pokemon makes me think that they might go for another generation in other worlds expand it by adding a new region aka a new generation. Either that or the remakes better have a whole lot of new things.
Stand for Life
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM
P0kelegend

Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Perhaps this is a hint for what's next: "Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream has posted a greetings card sent out by GameFreak. This greetings card doesn't reveal much news but does state that Junichi Masuda has said that during 2013, they intend to further evolve the world of Pokémon. It's currently unclear as to what exactly this means for Pokémon games but we'll bring the announcements as they come- Source Serebii" The evolve the world of Pokemon makes me think that they might go for another generation in other worlds expand it by adding a new region aka a new generation. Either that or the remakes better have a whole lot of new things.
This was posted on the last page.

I think its pretty clear Gen VI is next, it's hard to argue against it.

Lets just hope remakes will be after that.
Old December 25th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Or maybe they'll want to connect them somehow? The regions? I just hope they do RSE because it's the only game not on the DS now and it was great ;; It's old enough now that newer kids will most likely think "new Pokemon game! New region!" instead of, "I have this game already, it's a remake"
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old December 25th, 2012, 01:51 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:

It simply calls it the Extremespeed-Genesect.
Its distinguishing traits are being shiny and having Extremespeed.
The "Forme" term is nowhere to be seen and its not even implied.

Ignore Groudon and Kyogre, they are there to mention that their events are still going on, and will be replaced by Genesect halfway through January. Ala "dont forget to get these guys while you still can" kind of thing.

Keldeo actually gained a horn though, instead of just retracting limbs like several Pokemon do when they fly. It was pointless, but not as pointless as this, because Keldeo needed some kind of upgrade to show that its not just a fourth musketeer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Or maybe they'll want to connect them somehow? The regions? I just hope they do RSE because it's the only game not on the DS now and it was great ;;"
Its not gonna be on DS even if they made a Hoenn game next.

And HGSS was already on DS, which makes this sound like when people wanted GS remakes on GBA back then..
Old December 25th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I hope this is true, not a fan of 3rd gen.

Never understood why people wanted a remake of RSE. From a technical standpoint, it isn't necessary, since you can (with some work of course) transfer Pokémon from RSEFRLG all the way to BW if you have all the necessary games, as well as the DS with the GBA slot. What would a remake be for? Shiny graphics?

FRLG and HGSS were good ideas because the original games were so outdated, only a remake could make them compatible with the new gens. RSE doesn't need a remake.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old December 25th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Actually, I was just asking what will Game Freak do about Genesect's flight mode because I heard the announcement in last page. Remakes or no remakes, either way, I hope Game Freak will do their best to this best franchise.
Starry Windy

Last edited by Starry Windy; December 25th, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old December 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I hope this is true, not a fan of 3rd gen.

Never understood why people wanted a remake of RSE. From a technical standpoint, it isn't necessary, since you can (with some work of course) transfer Pokémon from RSEFRLG all the way to BW if you have all the necessary games, as well as the DS with the GBA slot. What would a remake be for? Shiny graphics?

FRLG and HGSS were good ideas because the original games were so outdated, only a remake could make them compatible with the new gens. RSE doesn't need a remake.
Its the same reason to remake any game really. To have updated graphics and control, to have a new wave of players to be able to play them. For some reason people think the only reason to do a remake is to get pokemon. While that's been a major reason for the last remakes, that wouldn't be a factor for future remakes. They can easily give us areas via DLC to get pokemon that are not readily available. So really for systems 3DS and onward the decision to remake a pokemon game won't be just because of pokemon availability it would be for enhanced story and etc.
Of course if there is no reason for remakes to come out on gen 5 the. There's no reason for it to come on gen 6 they should just wait to gen 7.
Hey if GF wants to keep on delivering games for IOS they could easily port 1,2 and 3rd gen games. They would sell like crazy.
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:13 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

If the remakes come out next gen and on the 3ds I think it should have enhanced capabilities in syncing with a new pokemon stadium like game.

Imagine you can unlock areas that you upload your remake save file to the Wii U game and play the area in 3d HD world. The trainers you'd fight would between levels 50-100. And imagine if there were special pokemon in the Wii U game and you could catch them with your save file and transfer them to your handheld. It would also be cool for random match up battles in Wii U graphics. And maybe instead of the dream world only being an Internet game, why not make it part of the stadium game where you do the mini games with the Wii pad and just transfer the pokemon to your 3DS. I figure I transferred my Mii from my 3ds to the Wii U why not my DW pikachu
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

At the end of a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 trailer being aired in Japan, a teaser cropped up at the end and has stated that the next big news regarding Pokémon will be revealed on January 8th 2013. It's currently unknown what this news is, whether it's related to current games, such as a new WiFi event or if it's a new game reveal. We'll be sure to post the new information, whatever it is, as soon as it is revealed
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

At the end of a Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 trailer being aired in Japan, a teaser cropped up at the end and has stated that the next big news regarding Pokémon will be revealed on January 8th 2013. It's currently unknown what this news is, whether it's related to current games, such as a new WiFi event or if it's a new game reveal. We'll be sure to post the new information, whatever it is, as soon as it is revealed
Only a little over a week away, I'm sooo excited. I just hope its something good
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Emrald
Togepi

I'm excited to learn what this is as well. This could be something really big such as the next Generations reveal or about a new Wi-Fi event. I don't know what else they could hand out though.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

It pretty much ties in with the fact that Masuda will appear on smash after new year.

I'm hyped

But why am I still in THIS thread? xDD
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
It pretty much ties in with the fact that Masuda will appear on smash after new year.

I'm hyped ;)

But why am I still in THIS thread? xDD
Yeah, he pre-recorded the Smash Episode at the beginning of December so I'm sure this is what he's talking about.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

Why doesn't someone try to translate it? (I know its quality is a bit poor)
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Why doesn't someone try to translate it? (I know its quality is a bit poor)
"We at Pokemon want to share the latest news with you. Scheduled announcement: January 8th."
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Quote:

This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here