Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2013 (08:00 PM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
That reminds me, did Gamefreak give any clue in the teaser about what they are going to reveal?
Old January 2nd, 2013 (08:02 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by slayerz96:
That reminds me, did Gamefreak give any clue in the teaser about what they are going to reveal?
Nope. Nothing on the Smash site about why Junichi and his Developer are there, the commercial was a black smokey background with a date on it. There isn't anything that has any hint on what to expect.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (08:06 PM).
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Nope. Nothing on the Smash site about why Junichi and his Developer are there, the commercial was a black smokey background with a date on it. There isn't anything that has any hint on what to expect.
It would be funny if what they were revealing was behind the black smokey background
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 2nd, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

I doubt the reveal will be showing a next gen game, because the anime continues with Ash meeting N. Maybe they might reveal a next gen pokemon. Or announce a remake. Or show us something which is just related to BW2.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Marilynasol

Maybe there's going to be Pokemon Black 3 and Pokemon White 3? Ooooh.

I think that the possibility of a return to the Hoenn region is diminishing quickly for this generation. Pokemon Black and White are set some time after Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years after that. And Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's events occurred three years prior to Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There would have to be quite some changes to the Hoenn region. And on a personal note, Brendan and May probably won't return as player characters if that were the case. And May's my favorite, and we're all pretty sick of how they introduce new characters for no good reason (I'm looking at you, Lyra).
Old January 2nd, 2013 (09:40 PM).
shubshub
Master of The Y

I doubt the reveal will be showing a next gen game, because the anime continues with Ash meeting N. Maybe they might reveal a next gen pokemon. Or announce a remake. Or show us something which is just related to BW2.
If they release a Gen VI Pokemon that pretty much means
the games are already in development just they haven't physically anounced them yet

I Mean Pokemon Black and White were In Development Before Platinum
and Platinum was released in 2008
BW Were released in 2010
That means That BW Had About 3-4 Years in Development
So for all we Know the Gen VI Games could do the same to make sure that they Truly show the Potential of the 3DS

I Mean Black and White 2 Pretty Much Pushed the Nintendo DS to its Limits and is probably the final game in the nintendo ds library

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp

Coming Soon!
Old January 2nd, 2013 (10:49 PM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Marilynasol:
Maybe there's going to be Pokemon Black 3 and Pokemon White 3? Ooooh.

I think that the possibility of a return to the Hoenn region is diminishing quickly for this generation. Pokemon Black and White are set some time after Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years after that. And Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's events occurred three years prior to Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There would have to be quite some changes to the Hoenn region. And on a personal note, Brendan and May probably won't return as player characters if that were the case. And May's my favorite, and we're all pretty sick of how they introduce new characters for no good reason (I'm looking at you, Lyra).
I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly if the anime were to start off in a new place. However the anime is now all going to be about N, Colress and Plasma - which means it will stay in Unova.

Black/White 3 will not happen (but I'll still give it a 5% chance). BW2 simply ends off what was left behind from BW. You captured N's legendary. You dissolved Team Plasma. Done. However, it MIGHT be an enhancement of BW2... Or some sort of "director's cut", just like Emerald and Platinum.

Of course, the reveal can also be about another BW2 event since it is tied with a BW2 commercial.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:27 PM).
shubshub
Master of The Y

I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly if the anime were to start off in a new place. However the anime is now all going to be about N, Colress and Plasma - which means it will stay in Unova.

Black/White 3 will not happen (but I'll still give it a 5% chance). BW2 simply ends off what was left behind from BW. You captured N's legendary. You dissolved Team Plasma. Done. However, it MIGHT be an enhancement of BW2... Or some sort of "director's cut", just like Emerald and Platinum.

Of course, the reveal can also be about another BW2 event since it is tied with a BW2 commercial.

See now if they had made BW2 for 3ds they could have just added extra content via Updates
With Like an Extra Story Mode

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp

Coming Soon!
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:46 PM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by shubshub:
See now if they had made BW2 for 3ds they could have just added extra content via Updates
With Like an Extra Story Mode
I seriously hope GF doesn't do that.

I'm really really sick of Unova.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (11:48 PM).
shubshub
Master of The Y

I seriously hope GF doesn't do that.

I'm really really sick of Unova.
Well they could also Include the new region in a Paid Update

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp

Coming Soon!
Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:34 AM).
Emrald
Togepi

Nature: Serious
I still have that hope for RSE Remakes this year. But as time goes on and developments continue to shift away from the possibilities the chances grow slimmer. But, yah. Giancarloparimango11 and ZephyrSonic on Youtube are both going to be live Streaming Pokemon Smash on January 6th, or on the 5th for those of us in the West. I've also been hearing a lot of rage from Youtubers if they don't announce the RSE Remakes during this weekends Pokemon Smash. Especially on Giancarlo's channel.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (01:36 AM).
P0kelegend

Do not get any of of your hopes up for any game to be announced on Smash. There is a battle tournament that episode so its likely that Masuda/Morimoto are there for that like they usually are. The announcement is scheduled for January 8th anyway, why would they announce it on January 6th?
Old January 3rd, 2013 (02:15 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

If they announce a RSE remake, I would be so happy! But I'm willing to eat my shoes if they do, because I believe the chance of this is so slim. My hopes aren't high, but a man can dream! n_n
Old January 3rd, 2013 (03:19 AM).
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
I don't even know how many times Ive said this now, but again:

If gen VI is announced soon, it does not mean it comes out the next freakin day *facepalm*

The realistic thing after that would be more info and hype for more than half a year, and THEN the games would come out. Do you think the N/Plasma series in the anime will last til fall or something? Wtf.

It is actually the complete opposite case, as this "filler series" is just what they needed if gen VI is getting announced soon, otherwise they would have literally nothing for plenty of months to show!

Why is this so hard to figure out?
Old January 3rd, 2013 (03:25 AM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by MiTjA:
I don't even know how many times Ive said this now, but again:

If gen VI is announced soon, it does not mean it comes out the next freakin day *facepalm*

The realistic thing after that would be more info and hype for more than half a year, and THEN the games would come out. Do you think the N/Plasma series in the anime will last til fall or something? Wtf.

It is actually the complete opposite case, as this "filler series" is just what they needed if gen VI is getting announced soon, otherwise they would have literally nothing for plenty of months to show!

Why is this so hard to figure out?
... And let the hype die down.

For something next generation, I doubt people can wait for more than half a year.
BW announcement -> release (Japanese) was only about 5 months and I already see people going crazy.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (04:27 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by P0kelegend:
Do not get any of of your hopes up for any game to be announced on Smash. There is a battle tournament that episode so its likely that Masuda/Morimoto are there for that like they usually are. The announcement is scheduled for January 8th anyway, why would they announce it on January 6th?
So you're saying they're both attending to reveal nothing? Even though they have stated on their Twitter that they are attending. They may have helped out with battles in the past but they could at least tease at something to follow up on the 8th.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:13 AM).
P0kelegend

So you're saying they're both attending to reveal nothing? Even though they have stated on their Twitter that they are attending. They may have helped out with battles in the past but they could at least tease at something to follow up on the 8th.
They may tease/foreshadow the announcement for the 8th, but they wont actually announce it there. It doesn't matter if that tweeted that they are attending, Masuda usually tweets when he records Smash and 90% of the time he's there just for battles. Morimoto has appeared for battles before too, why should we think this is anything different (ESPECIALLY since they are having a battle tournament on the episode)? The most we will see is them tease something for the 8th.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Altius
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Many websites are reporting 'Big Announcement on Jan 8'. Well, I have no idea if its a mistranslation or not (and my Japanese sucks), but I just hope to see something
Old January 3rd, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

I think they will tease at something i.e silhouette of something relevant to remakes, Gen VI or a new game say on the Wii U during Smash since they're both attending and then it will obviously be revealed on the 8th since it seems a coincidence that it's two days prior to this "announcement" Either that or they will announce something on Smash and then two days later announce something to follow the previous announcement.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (07:31 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by legendhunter14:
C Payne, did you made that Hoenn map in BW style by yourself? it's very awesome.
btw, how about the names MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire for the remakes?
Nope, I even sourced it right underneath; I think it's awesome as well.

DSi's are $99 and 3DS' are $169.

But as repeated many times, there are NO DS games listed for release this year. I'll check Gamestop sometime later this week to see if there is still no update, but the last three months I've checked had no games listed for 2013 for the DS console. Nintendo most likely forced a full console switch with all of its development companies. Which was why B/W/B2/W2 were made so fast. Gamefreak wanted to finish making them for the DS while they still could.
This says hi: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/lego_laying_more_bricks_with_legends_of_chima_this_year

But seriously, @P0kelegend this announcement, unless poorly translated like stated before, has this...more feeling to it. It seems to be too big to be just a simple battle announcement.

That dark gray/black cloud is interesting though...why does it look like something is just really blurred behind it(at least on the Serebii one)? It looks like a blurry 3DS screen now that I think about it, with the folded, suspended, and slightly shadowed image in the back while the 3D home message is popping out ahead of it.

Btw, IIRC, isn't there still a pokemon reveal missing from that whole upcoming Genesect movie thing? Sorry if I'm late on that but I haven't really been around in a while.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old January 3rd, 2013 (09:19 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
If that link didn't show a game that has more 3DS support than DS support that would have been more substantial. The new Lego game is a Dual release with the 3DS version getting priority. 3rd party companies like that tend to produce games like that well after a system's decommission. The Lego company was still making PS2 games up until early last year. The PS2 has been discontinued for about 3 years now though some stores still had models to sell.

If you find a single release game for the DS that would hold a lot more water. But Dual releases are common after a system's decommission. Gamefreak doesn't dual release for two systems.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (09:56 AM).
MrGriszell
Madara

If that link didn't show a game that has more 3DS support than DS support that would have been more substantial. The new Lego game is a Dual release with the 3DS version getting priority. 3rd party companies like that tend to produce games like that well after a system's decommission. The Lego company was still making PS2 games up until early last year. The PS2 has been discontinued for about 3 years now though some stores still had models to sell.

If you find a single release game for the DS that would hold a lot more water. But Dual releases are common after a system's decommission. Gamefreak doesn't dual release for two systems.
I think what he was trying to get at( please correct me if I'm wrong ) is you said there were "NO" games slated to be released in 2013 , and the link made you a lier bro.

But one thing I was wondering Xander , would GameStop have the info about the release of a DS games before Nintendo announced it? I mean do they get specifics before we do?. For instance did GameStop know about BW before Nintendo announced it?

I for one would like a new gen but I won't hate on a remake , especially if they are going to release a new game next year as well. Even tho GF doesn't use patterns in release doesn't mean they can't use a similar release pattern.

I don't think this would be a spinoff or a Wii u game , because I believe it's game freak that's making the announcement and I'm told GF only makes main series game
Old January 3rd, 2013 (09:59 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2013 by C Payne.
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I do not recall stating that Gamefreak does dual releases, that was just a response to you mentioning the DS not having any scheduled releases this year; dual support or not, it's still a release. What's odd though is that the DS title is getting released later than the 3DS one...but that's for another topic, since I would still doubt about us receiving another maingame on the DS anyways.

What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old January 3rd, 2013 (11:08 AM).
scprepschool

My shift from a hoenn remake was with their promise to further evolve pokemon for us.
To me that also could mean a hoenn remake, a gen 6, maybe they are going to introduce a new online compatibility, a further expansion of the dream world in a big way

If we get a new pokemon reveal
Hands down we get a new gen
If we get a genesect jet form like mentioned somewhere earlier
Hands down i quit...
There is nothing different
... he tucked his legs in

you gotta know that I adore you
Old January 3rd, 2013 (11:16 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

The whole meaning of "evolve" could just simply be onto a new console ala 3DS.

Sponsored Links