The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Yeah, like you don't need to acsess the dream world by accsessing the internet!

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
I think what he was trying to get at( please correct me if I'm wrong ) is you said there were "NO" games slated to be released in 2013 , and the link made you a lier bro.

But one thing I was wondering Xander , would GameStop have the info about the release of a DS games before Nintendo announced it? I mean do they get specifics before we do?. For instance did GameStop know about BW before Nintendo announced it?

I for one would like a new gen but I won't hate on a remake , especially if they are going to release a new game next year as well. Even tho GF doesn't use patterns in release doesn't mean they can't use a similar release pattern.

I don't think this would be a spinoff or a Wii u game , because I believe it's game freak that's making the announcement and I'm told GF only makes main series game
Ok, and how long have, not only I but a few others have been saying that? Since around November. First game to "possibly" be released for the DS wasn't known until today, January 3rd. So in no way shape or form am I a liar.

Normally, it would depend on what company platform the games are being released. With Nintendo, Gamestop usually finds out (corporate) a few weeks before general public because Gamestop has its own commercials to play in their stores. With others, Gamestop can get word a few weeks to a few months in advance. Gamestop and one other store that I can't remember the name of but its the international version of Gamestop tend to be the first in line to learn of new releases. They even have conferences that all the store managers go to every few months. The conferences are similar to E3 where the managers meet with development teams and find out about the games being released.

As far as Pokemon, no, Gamefreak doesn't leak any information about the games until the release since TPC handles majority of the advertising and sales. They did however have a place holder for "Grey" before B2W2's confirmation for like a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
I do not recall stating that Gamefreak does dual releases, that was just a response to you mentioning the DS not having any scheduled releases this year; dual support or not, it's still a release. What's odd though is that the DS title is getting released later than the 3DS one...but that's for another topic, since I would still doubt about us receiving another maingame on the DS anyways.

What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...
And you did not thoroughly read what was written. The Company that makes the Lego games is WELL KNOWN FOR MAKING GAMES FOR DEAD SYSTEMS. Dual release games within the same platform is not credible sources, especially one that says that there is no definate chance for release. The DS version is either not in development or unknown to be released. They are "aiming" for a Fall release. When a gaming company publishes this, this means that they are unsure if they are going to release it for that system at that time. It could easily mean that it could come earlier or later, yes, but a lot of times, especially with a company like the one that makes the lego games, it is an unsure guess on whether or not they intend to follow through.

They have a secure guess for release for the 3DS title because that system is available for sale and won't be taken off the market anytime soon. You don't have to take my word for it, but at Gamestop, there was no DS list Print out. I told the manager there about the Lego Chima game and of course she didn't hear about it seeing as the info was posted today, though they do have Chima on the 3DS's list as a 5/1/13 which is a really horrible place holder date.

So I will again say, find info for a single release DS game. Dual releases mean absolutely nothing as the release for the older models is a hat toss. I don't think there are any other release dates posted for the DS "AS OF YET". Though I did confirm that the DS is to be slated for discontinuing later this year. I got to speak with a nintendo rep while in Gamestop who was collecting DSiXLs from the store. Apparently the XLs were discontinued in November and they are leaving the DSi's on the market for a little while longer.

As for the announcement for the 8th, I don't remember anyone saying Gamefreak was making the announcement. The text on the commercial only said a "Big announcement" and January 8th 2013 from all the translations I've seen.

As for Evolve, transferring to a new system does not equate to an evolution. Evolution is a heavy change. While the flat definition isn't set in stone, as even I've said it could be anything other than rehashing the old games with updates. Most obvious thing it means is new generation, but that is too obvious. It can be something more subtle like a change that is coming to the Anime world, or a new set of games that are completely different than what we've grown to expect.

You can take the literal approach as a great many are doing...though...I really do not want a 4th Gen repeat of massive amount of evolutions.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The whole meaning of "evolve" could just simply be onto a new console ala 3DS.
Yeah it could also be that too... to me though, that is inevitable though and shouldnt be a promise because we already know its going to happen soon ( also earlier incase it gets brought up again, i never said gamefreak would release the next game on ds with factual barring, i said i wanted and would prefer one more on the ds)

But yeah you could be most likely right... it would be a let down for me.... although they do have titles on the 3ds already just not core titles... it would seem odd explaining the mass of their fan base (children) that the reason why they are announcing 3ds shifts again is because different crews and teams work on different games etc. They know young kids arent interested in the politocs of it..
I hope that sums up what im trying to say its kind of difficult trying to go in depth off of a phone while your at work
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
And you did not thoroughly read what was written. The Company that makes the Lego games is WELL KNOWN FOR MAKING GAMES FOR DEAD SYSTEMS. Dual release games within the same platform is not credible sources, especially one that says that there is no definate chance for release. The DS version is either not in development or unknown to be released. They are "aiming" for a Fall release. When a gaming company publishes this, this means that they are unsure if they are going to release it for that system at that time. It could easily mean that it could come earlier or later, yes, but a lot of times, especially with a company like the one that makes the lego games, it is an unsure guess on whether or not they intend to follow through.

They have a secure guess for release for the 3DS title because that system is available for sale and won't be taken off the market anytime soon. You don't have to take my word for it, but at Gamestop, there was no DS list Print out. I told the manager there about the Lego Chima game and of course she didn't hear about it seeing as the info was posted today, though they do have Chima on the 3DS's list as a 5/1/13 which is a really horrible place holder date.

So I will again say, find info for a single release DS game. Dual releases mean absolutely nothing as the release for the older models is a hat toss. I don't think there are any other release dates posted for the DS "AS OF YET". Though I did confirm that the DS is to be slated for discontinuing later this year. I got to speak with a nintendo rep while in Gamestop who was collecting DSiXLs from the store. Apparently the XLs were discontinued in November and they are leaving the DSi's on the market for a little while longer.
Ok firstly, please calm down; I'm not sure why you're acting as if I came out and said you were a liar in the sense MrGris was putting it. My point there was that, whether or not they are thinking about it, the possibility is still there and the link I gave wasn't really the best way to put it because different sites are wording it differently, some even implying a confirmed release.

I was not implying that we were going to get a whole bunch of 'new and awesome DS exclusive games this year!' and so far nobody has come to collect DS' anywhere around here(not that they couldn't possibly be coming soon), you just took this too seriously, imo.

This is getting slightly off topic though, so I'm going to leave it there.

Quote:
As for the announcement for the 8th, I don't remember anyone saying Gamefreak was making the announcement. The text on the commercial only said a "Big announcement" and January 8th 2013 from all the translations I've seen.
Oh, there I just considered them mentioning the whole evolving thing and then this announcement showing up meaning that they could have something to do with each other; I didn't mean it to bunch up like that. I'm still curious about the way the picture looks, too(not that it will mean a thing).

Quote:
As for Evolve, transferring to a new system does not equate to an evolution. Evolution is a heavy change. While the flat definition isn't set in stone, as even I've said it could be anything other than rehashing the old games with updates. Most obvious thing it means is new generation, but that is too obvious. It can be something more subtle like a change that is coming to the Anime world, or a new set of games that are completely different than what we've grown to expect.

You can take the literal approach as a great many are doing...though...I really do not want a 4th Gen repeat of massive amount of evolutions.
It could be a play on words, it could really be a big change, more so the latter it seems; I guess we won't know what's up until the announcement arrives.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922

Last edited by C Payne; January 3rd, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
That may be true but their use of wording doesn't strengthen anything, we won't know until they reveal anything so unless you know something then it's still reasonable to speculate what I think as a valid possibility.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
P0kelegend

But seriously, @P0kelegend this announcement, unless poorly translated like stated before, has this...more feeling to it. It seems to be too big to be just a simple battle announcement.
I know, I agree. All I'm saying is that I don't believe it will be announced on Smash which is January 6th, when the announcement has been set for the 8th. The most we will likely get is a foreshadow of the announcement.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Well that may be the purpose of their attendance, to promote this announcement as much as they can since it could be a major announcement in terms of the next game(s). Either way I think we will get something interesting and game related on either the 6th or 8th.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Well that may be the purpose of their attendance, to promote this announcement as much as they can since it could be a major announcement in terms of the next game(s). Either way I think we will get something interesting and game related on either the 6th or 8th.
Just try not to put too much emphasis on them being there. Last time they were both there it was for the "battle school" and tournament updates. Last time matsuda was on for a big announcement, we got unrelated mewtwo event.

@c payne, the liar thing was at mc grizz and i capped for emphasis. Sorry bout that.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Just try not to put too much emphasis on them being there. Last time they were both there it was for the "battle school" and tournament updates. Last time matsuda was on for a big announcement, we got unrelated mewtwo event.
I know, they have attended for other less important reasons in the past and it's just as likely that's the reason why they are attending this week and I know not to get my hopes up since they've been dashed on previous similar situations where it's built up to be something spectacular and then in the end it's something completely irrelevant but I'm still going to keep an open mind regardless.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

Yeah and sorry if I came across like that at all either.

Why can't I get over the thought of that picture looking like what it does though??! Haha...it's like stuck in my mind now that someone had brought it up.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Why can't I get over the thought of that picture looking like what it does though??! Haha...it's like stuck in my mind now that someone had brought it up.
Subjective thinking. You want something related to what it could be. Therefore when you see that picture you see what you want to see in it rather than the nothing that is in the picture. Its like taking a Rorschach test. Its just ink blots with no definite form yet everyone that looks at them sees something that isn't on the paper.

The same thing can be said for all the "Hints". We want them to be in the game, therefore we see them even if they aren't exactly what we see.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

That was more of a rhetorical question, haha. It doesn't stand out exactly as remakes or Gen VI or anything, but I guess in a sense it's like what you pointed out because I still see it looking like a 3DS screen in standby mode. Eh...

Last edited by C Payne; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
crystalzapdos

I'd say the most likely thing the announcement could be would be a silhouette of a new Pokemon, then said Pokemon would get revealed in corocoro this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
... And let the hype die down.

For something next generation, I doubt people can wait for more than half a year.
BW announcement -> release (Japanese) was only about 5 months and I already see people going crazy.
We started hearing rumors of new Pokemon for gen 5 on Janurary 6, 2010, and the games were release on September 18, 2010, which is a 8 month gap.

Quote:
What I'm still curious about is that gray cloud-like picture that mentions that Game Freak is hoping to announce something to us on the 8th. Even though it's a given that the next main games will be released on the 3DS, I swear the picture looks like a 3DS in standby mode, with the image in the background blurred. I took a closer look when I saw someone suggesting that the announcement could be 'behind the cloud'.

The 8th can't come soon enough...
It's probably just the reflection of the person taking the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
Yeah, like you don't need to acsess the dream world by accsessing the internet!
....Which would be impossible.

Quote:
May be what it is though, just like the past two even generations. I really hope its not considering those two are my least favorite gens.

Last edited by crystalzapdos; January 3rd, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:43 PM
~Dreamscape~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle
Now there's a official page for the announcement on the 08.01:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/importan...ce/?a001=msign

So i hope they won't troll us this time again.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:03 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dreamscape~ View Post
Now there's a official page for the announcement on the 08.01:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/importan...ce/?a001=msign

So i hope they won't troll us this time again.
When this happens, it is definitely something serious.

It's looking more like some Gen 6 info though.
I seriously doubt a remake would need THAT much hype.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:43 AM
P0kelegend

There is a countdown embedded into the page that is not yet visible:
Quote:
/*
CountDown Unit
*/
#important_announce #cdUnit{
position: relative;
width: 480px;
height: 63px;
margin: 0 auto;
background: url(/ex/important_announce/images/page_cd_bg.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}
So, a countdown should be up later. It would make sense for Msauda/Morimoto to foreshadow the announcement on Smash, which would then lead to the countdown going up (hopefully).
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Nepse
Dragonite<3

Nature: Mild
Quote:
That was more of a rhetorical question, haha. It doesn't stand out exactly as remakes or Gen VI or anything, but I guess in a sense it's like what you pointed out because I still see it looking like a 3DS screen in standby mode. Eh...
Well, to me it looks more like the Unova region, which would make sense since this was at the end of a BW2 trailer (BTW did anyone actually see the trailer, because all I've seen is a picture. If none of us have seen the trailer then we can only guess how the announcement appeared; the fog could have covered up the possible Unova region background). If you look at giancarloparimango11's video freeze at the pic, put the quality to 720p and look closely under the 6th and 7th "letter thingy" on the second line, you can barely see Opelucid City through the mist. Here's a map for comparison:

Spoiler:
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
There is a countdown embedded into the page that is not yet visible:

So, a countdown should be up later. It would make sense for Msauda/Morimoto to foreshadow the announcement on Smash, which would then lead to the countdown going up (hopefully).
They actually don't have to mention anything if it isn't related to thier games. TPC runs the pokemon.co.jp site. So if it is Anime or movie related, neither of them may say or hint at anything.

Do we have a translation of what is on that page?
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:30 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
They actually don't have to mention anything if it isn't related to thier games. TPC runs the pokemon.co.jp site. So if it is Anime or movie related, neither of them may say or hint at anything.

Do we have a translation of what is on that page?
This translation isn't the most accurate but...

Latest pokemon information will be out for everyone on Jan 8 2013!
Do not miss it! Bookmark this page! Do not forget to check back!
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Yeah if you're using Google Chrome it will translate to this:

"From "Pokemon" on this page, I will tell you up-to-date information to everyone! On Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Do not miss it! Come and bookmark it, check this page do not forget!"

It certainly looks like it's something big the way they've worded it, also the URL includes "/important_announce/". But I tell you now, if this is another Unova-based game I won't be impressed.

Btw can anybody translate the wording in the image?

Last edited by Hoenn; January 4th, 2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah if you're using Google Chrome it will translate to this:

"From "Pokemon" on this page, I will tell you up-to-date information to everyone! On Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Do not miss it! Come and bookmark it, check this page do not forget!"

It certainly looks interesting due to the fact that the URL has important_ announcement under it. But I tell you now, if this is another Unova-based game I won't be impressed.
I dunno but I feel that Unova is one of the worst regions Gamefreak has ever created.

I really don't get why they hype it so much. It's boring and dull.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerz96 View Post
I dunno but I feel that Unova is one of the worst regions Gamefreak has ever created.

I really don't get why they hype it so much. It's boring and dull.
It's not so much that it's a bad region, I think Unova is a great region but it's had two appearances now and I think that B2W2 should be the last we see of it, if they were to reveal say B3W3 then that would just be a little too far IMO.

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:22 AM
AltiusX
Flygon Fan
Community Supporter

Quote:
It's not so much that it's a bad region, I think Unova is a great region but it's had two appearances now and I think that B2W2 should be the last we see of it, if they were to reveal say B3W3 then that would just be a little too far IMO.
To me it doesn't appeal too much as the other regions. Hoenn was a region of sea. Sinnoh was a region of legends. Kanto and Johto together were like a close bond. Unova? Eh... Not so sure. Maybe variety?

Unova isn't bad, no region is bad IMO really. I just feel that it doesn't really live up the hype as the other regions. Or maybe I'm getting too sick of Unova.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Emrald
Togepi

Nature: Serious
Don't get me wrong. I liked Unova, but going thorugh it three times in a row in one generation is just redundant in my opinion. Look we will see Unova back again one day either in a different game in another generation or in a Remake if the main series Pokemon games continues for a very long time.

But then again if it is Black 3 and White 3 or Gray. Then I bet most of us here are going to buy it anyway.

Last edited by Emrald; January 4th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM
scprepschool

I noticed something else that could be one more hint to an rse remake or absolutely something intirely different that could be a guess to this all being effortless ( as far as rse goes)
The last games that the evil teams wanted to use a legend to change the geography of a region was ruby sapphire emerald line.
In bw2 the new plasma faction are trying to use kyurem to freeze unova. It is almost the same if you remove the first black and white and look at it without the dragon legend.
At first i didnt see it this way. I saw it as convenient trouble making for the plasma crew but then on another playthrough i noticed in the dialogue between you and one of the seven sages outside of the gym he actually sais that they want to turn unova to ice.
So this to me could be taken as a light hint in similarity.
Unfortunately im starting to see things a different way...
Maybe they felt like hoenn wont be revisited for quite some time because they had already begun a 6th gen development. So they tried to implement a whole bunch of hoenn elements to keep what hoenn was in a sense, from getting stale.
I surely hope this isnt the case...
What with the little things that were added for no apparent reason...
The aqua and magma grunts
And the gamefreak employees dialogue change
( reversal mountain, marlon, humilau, lentimas, geography manipulation, two factions at war resembling two teams, hm dive etc.)
All of those other things can support both theories equally.
But the aqua and magma grunts, and the gf employee have no purpose...other than nostalgia for the grunts and hint for the employee...
But if nostalgia was what they were going for why would they put the grunts in a house only accessible one season of the year in a town only accessible after the main story line...

you gotta know that I adore you
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links