• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Who do you choose?

• Total voters

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
487-origin.png
487.png

"Giratina is called the Renegade Pokemon in the Pokedex. Renegade is synonymous with "rebellious". Giratina was banished to a different dimension for being violent.
Satan is often known as the Rebellious One. He was banished by God to Hell for leading a rebellion against God and the angels.

Giratina in Origin Form resembles a serpent and in Altered form a basilisk. Satan takes the form of a serpent and a basilisk many times in the Bible.

When in Origin Form, Giratina has 6 wings, 6 rib bones, and 6 spikes.
When in Altered Form, Giratina has 6 rib bones, 6 spikes, and 6 legs.
The number of the Devil is 666."​

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am going to of to go with Dialga. I never played Pt. so I can't give a very good answer. But Girtina is extremly close 2nd. I don't really care much for Palkia.

Max'd_Out

Keyblade Master
Years
I always thought Palkia was kind of cool, and Spacial Rend is nice because you don't have to recharge after using it, even if it didn't do the same massive damage as Roar of Time, but I'm going to go with Giratina. Outside of it's Distortion World form, it just looks OK, but when it's in that form, I think it's one of the coolest looking legends in Pokemon.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
At risk of sounding clichè, I'd say Giratina. Although it's orgin form looks horrible, the alternate one is awesome and just looks epic. I loved it instantly. Also, Giratina's special move may not be as strong as Dialga/Palkia's (subject to opinion) but I still love its move pool.

487-origin.png
487.png

"Giratina is called the Renegade Pokemon in the Pokedex. Renegade is synonymous with "rebellious". Giratina was banished to a different dimension for being violent.
Satan is often known as the Rebellious One. He was banished by God to Hell for leading a rebellion against God and the angels.

Giratina in Origin Form resembles a serpent and in Altered form a basilisk. Satan takes the form of a serpent and a basilisk many times in the Bible.

When in Origin Form, Giratina has 6 wings, 6 rib bones, and 6 spikes.
When in Altered Form, Giratina has 6 rib bones, 6 spikes, and 6 legs.
The number of the Devil is 666."
And btw, I found this really creepy. Never noticed it.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Defenatly Giratina, it's a pain to find in Diamond/Perl though.

Really? I found it pretty easy. Catching it was the hard part, especially when you're using ultra balls.

And personally, I liked Palkia the best out of them. Giratina looked prett-y weird looking to me.

Years
Palkia. Pearl was my 4th gen game, and I always thought that it looked fierce and pretty cool as a shiny.

I liked Giratina a lot as my 2nd favorite, but Dialga isn't the best in my opinion.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Dialga and Palkia look like statues that can't move, designed to go on parade floats more than anything. Same with Reshiram and Zekrom.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I first got them (all) in Pokemon Raptor EX, so I'm not biased I think.

If I had to choose one, I would go with Dialga. Because it has the best design and best type combination out of the three imo. Dialga is steel/dragon. I don't know if it's unique in that but it gives really good type effectiveness. Only weak to two types, takes normal damage from three types and immune to poison.

Palkia is water/dragon. If I wanted that type combination I could use Kingdra too although I don't like Kingdra's design that much either. It is a good type combo though. Also, I'm not a fan of Palkia's design.

Although Giratina has more immunities than the other two it has more weaknesses than Dialga and not really rare types in that. I don't like Giratina's design either. In it's origin forme it looks like an overgrown caterpillar and altered forme looks like a big fat creature, like an elephant.

Zeyon

Beginning Trainer
Years
I'm gonna have to go with Dialga on this one.. I got the short end of the stick when it came down to Legendaries with my fiancee. We buy the partner games (ie: Pearl/Diamond (she lost Platinum), and intend to get B&W, and B2&W2. We pick which one we want, and that's that. Did the same with HG/SS. Being a gentleman, I let her pick first.. she takes the cool one. I see Palkia, and I'm like, "Okay.. he looks damn tough.." I get him (without using Master Ball; was a PAIN), playing with him, get him to 70+.. then I see my fiancee's Dialga..

.......... I was pissed. I don't know anything about Giratina, but even though I have Palkia in my game.. I would prefer Dialga.. so, my vote goes to Diamond.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2012
Definitely Dialga. It has a massive amount of resistances, and it looks awesome. That and the fact it resists other dragon types. I prefer spatial rend to roar of time, however, and I really don't like shadow force. If your opponent has a single normal type on their team, they can just switch out and you have wasted two turns. As such, Giratina 3rd; Palkia 2nd and Dialga definitely the best

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Giratina. Love it's design, typing, backstory, world, etc more than the other two. Also Origin form is adorable okok.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Dialga. I think it's pretty fierce some, and looks pretty neat.
And it's unique typing is also pretty neat. It's the only Dragon type to take neutral damage from dragon type moves.

Back