Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by FrostPheonix:
Got two questions.
First, its about the Genesect Event. If I recieve the event, and then restart the game, is it possible to recieve the event again, as long as it's before the event expires?

Second, for N's pokemon, is it possible to make it faint? And if it is, is it possible to encounter it again to get it? Because I usually don't pay attention while beating up wild pokemon...
1. The Genesect advertisment you get in the game box states it can only be received once per game card.

2. It'll respawn until you catch it.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:39 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by PokeHunter212:
MY question is about the relocater; I know what I need to tell the scientist in Castelia city but he's not there..why is he not there? I need him if I want a Zorua cause I have my poor Celebi waiting in my Diamond game.
The scientist in Castelia is only available in the original B/W. You don't need the event Celebi in B2/W2 to get Zorua; you get Zorua as a gift from Rood in Driftveil.

Old October 24th, 2012 (06:23 PM).
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
My question is to do with the shaky grass and Audino. I don't see the point in it? Anyone care to fill me in on its use?
Old October 24th, 2012 (06:34 PM).
Tyrantrum
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Quote originally posted by PokeInfuse:
My question is to do with the shaky grass and Audino. I don't see the point in it? Anyone care to fill me in on its use?
It's just how you encounter Audino; they do, however, make great Pokémon to train off of if you happen to encounter one, as they give a lot of experience points! :) I believe they can also be good team members when it comes to support, such as using the move Heal Pulse in double battles to restore your Pokémon's HP. I've never used one for myself, though, so you'd probably need someone's else opinion in terms of having one on your team.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old October 24th, 2012 (06:37 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by PokeHunter212:
MY question is about the relocater; I know what I need to tell the scientist in Castelia city but he's not there..why is he not there? I need him if I want a Zorua cause I have my poor Celebi waiting in my Diamond game.
You get zorua in driftveil city, you don't need celebi for this one!!
Old October 24th, 2012 (06:40 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by PokeInfuse:
Don't forget that it's not always going to be an Audino from the grass. There's also fishing and surfing spots and dust clouds that offer essentially rarer Pokemon, which is like the shaking grass.
Old October 24th, 2012 (09:39 PM).
RugbyPlayer
Unhatched Egg

I am completely novice when it comes to this whole EV thing, and breeding for certain traits etc.

What i am wanting to know is what nature corresponds to what stats?

An example of what i want it to breed/train an Umbreon for attack/speed which means i need to breed an eevee, get the right nature, and then raise its happiness to evolve it at its first level up correct?

Is there a website that tells you which natures correspond to which stats?

Next i want to know how to tell what my EV's are. I know there is some formula but i cant seem to find it right now. also with this formula how do you know what the base stat is at a given level for that specfic pokemon?

In order to breed for specific pokemon is it necessary to breed said pokemon together? or use a ditto? or are there other ways to ensure a hatchling of what you want?

Is there a database that tells me where to go to train for certain stats?

Also im unsure about the whole multiple levels during a single fight, will the EV's be calculated the same for each individual level?

How do EV's work with EXP share? will the pokemon with the exp share recieve the same EV bonuses as those who directly earned the experience?

Thanks
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:13 PM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Quote originally posted by RugbyPlayer:
I am completely novice when it comes to this whole EV thing, and breeding for certain traits etc.

What i am wanting to know is what nature corresponds to what stats?
Natures Chart
An example of what i want it to breed/train an Umbreon for attack/speed which means i need to breed an eevee, get the right nature, and then raise its happiness to evolve it at its first level up correct?
Umbreon is not much of a physical attacker with an attack stat of 66. It is better used for support as shines in defenses. A careful nature is preferred
Is there a website that tells you which natures correspond to which stats?
The link is up above
Next i want to know how to tell what my EV's are. I know there is some formula but i cant seem to find it right now. also with this formula how do you know what the base stat is at a given level for that specfic pokemon?
There are 510 EVs. Only 255 can belong to one stat. If you divide the number of EV's by 5 than thats how much stats will be added onto the Pokemon's stats.
In order to breed for specific pokemon is it necessary to breed said pokemon together? or use a ditto? or are there other ways to ensure a hatchling of what you want?
Ditto/Female + Everstone = Nature. Also, the better the stats of the parents, the better the chances of good stats on the kid

Is there a database that tells me where to go to train for certain stats?

Each Pokemon gives off some kind of effort values, and there are good areas to train for each. Remember the "power" items, the medicines (only go up to 100Evs), and Pokerus'
HP - Stunfisk (Iccurus City)
Sp.Atk - Litwick (Celestial Tower)
Atk - Patrat/Lilpup
Speed - Basculin (Surf, Wellspring Cave)
Sp.Def - Frillish (Surf, Route 18)
Def - Durrant (Twist Mt) Vennipede/Swadloon (Various)

Also im unsure about the whole multiple levels during a single fight, will the EV's be calculated the same for each individual level?
Yes, whatever EV values you get addonto the next level
How do EV's work with EXP share? will the pokemon with the exp share recieve the same EV bonuses as those who directly earned the experience?
Yes, EXP Shares work~
Thanks
Links
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49733/t1672411-pokemon-black-ev-training-breeding-guides/#pr
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/umbreon
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev

EDIT - Ditto, and Pokemon with the ability Schyonize(sp?) (Munna, Elgym, Abra) are good to have for natures. The ability will effect the natures of pokemon you catch, and dtto is for breeding. Both have a 50% chance to pass down their nature to the offspring or to the newley caught pokemon,
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:24 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Serebii.net will have EV things on it as well
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
RugbyPlayer
Unhatched Egg

awesome thanks for the links, umbreon wasnt what i meant i actually want to tune espeon for attack/speed.

My question here though, what is the diff between attack/sp attack and def/sp def?

Im guessing sp attack corresponds to your pokemons type wheres attack is all other moves?

Im not sure how that correlation works with SP defense though
Old October 24th, 2012 (10:42 PM).
jamesmikehj

My question here though, what is the diff between attack/sp attack and def/sp def? the range of move for example fighting type mostly use their fist(att) will phyic most use ranged atts (sp att) you can tell them by the move symbol

Im guessing sp attack corresponds to your pokemons type wheres attack is all other moves? it corresponds with the pokemon itself

Im not sure how that correlation works with SP defense though
sp def blocks the damage of sp att in a sence

Old October 24th, 2012 (10:47 PM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

There are two types of attacks, those that are physical and those that are special.

Physical - Have a red and yellow icon
Special - Have a blue and silver icon
Other - Have a white icon

Special Defense is defense against special type attacks.

Also, Espeon is a Special Attacker.
Old October 24th, 2012 (11:56 PM).
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Err...just for confirmation, is the Focus Sash suppose to "disappear" after some use? I gave my Infernape a Focus Sash, used it for a while and when I put it in the BOX and tried retrieving it later, the Focus Sash wasn't there. Is this part of the game mechanics? You know it isn't a cheap item....
Old October 25th, 2012 (04:01 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by SchwarzRozen:
There are 510 EVs. Only 255 can belong to one stat. If you divide the number of EV's by 5 than thats how much stats will be added onto the Pokemon's stats.
Not exactly. It's actually 4 EVs = 1 stat point, not 5 EVs.
That's why it's best not to have 255 EVs in one stat but to have 252. The usual spreads are 252 + 252 + 4 with 2 adding randomly to anything as those EVs do not do a thing.

Quote originally posted by Charicific:
Err...just for confirmation, is the Focus Sash suppose to "disappear" after some use? I gave my Infernape a Focus Sash, used it for a while and when I put it in the BOX and tried retrieving it later, the Focus Sash wasn't there. Is this part of the game mechanics? You know it isn't a cheap item....
Focus Sash disappears after its first use.
So if your Infernape was about to be killed by one hit, he/she used the Focus Sash and it disappeared.
Only if you are in PWT, Battle Subway or some other battling facility, even after use, Focus Sash will be returned to your Pokémon.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 25th, 2012 (04:10 AM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

^Heh, I swear that part was a typo on my end. I apologize ^,^''
Old October 25th, 2012 (08:35 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I need to find a trainer that uses a Skitty in Black 2. I need credit for having seen it.
Old October 25th, 2012 (10:08 AM).
squirtlesqad
Unhatched Egg

You can, I caught Latias in the Dreamyard and after the battle, there was an item that appeared on the ground. It was Souldew.
Old October 25th, 2012 (11:12 AM).
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Keiran777:
1. The Genesect advertisment you get in the game box states it can only be received once per game card.
I just wanted to say, I restarted eventually and got it for a second time. So I suppose the advertisement is wrong.

Quote originally posted by Charicific:
If the infernape already got 'hit' or was supposed to be OHKOd then the item disappears. Its a one time use item, similar to berries. If it disappeared before you even used it, it was a glitch. Sorry then.
Old October 25th, 2012 (11:23 AM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
I need to find a trainer that uses a Skitty in Black 2. I need credit for having seen it.
No trainer uses Skitty according to serebii. Sorry. :(
Old October 25th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
So I was going to ask why Deino's moves kept missing, then I realized it was its Ability. It's horrid. And I EV trained it. Urgh.

Any ideas on how to remedy or bypass this. I guess I should leave it as a Special Attacker as I intended to anyway, which makes its Ability pointless.
Old October 25th, 2012 (01:15 PM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

I don't know if you are trying to do the Little Cup with Deino, but if your going for Hydreigon, the ability that it has is Levitate.
Old October 25th, 2012 (01:17 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
So I was going to ask why Deino's moves kept missing, then I realized it was its Ability. It's horrid. And I EV trained it. Urgh.

Any ideas on how to remedy or bypass this. I guess I should leave it as a Special Attacker as I intended to anyway, which makes its Ability pointless.
Wide Lens helps alleviate the accuracy reduction Deino's Hustle brings, but it comes at the cost of being unable to use EV-enhancing held items (Power Lens, Power Anklet, etc.) or Lucky Egg (for the increased EXP after battle)

Old October 25th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
Synerjee
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
I stuck with Deino's Hustle ability while training him and it wasn't a huge problem for me, but if you really can't stand it, you could try doing what PlatinumDude suggested. :) All I can say that is, the end results will be well worth it. All the best with your training.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old October 25th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I would like tothank you all for your suggestions! Especially Rozen for reminding me that Hydreigon has Levitate
Old October 26th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
So, has anyone actually managed to Recruit other people as assistants for their Join Avenue? All the info I find says you can recruit "fans" to become your assistants, but so far all I've been able to recruit, and fail to, are other players from GTS trading. I've reached Rank 20, and still can't recruit new assistants. =/

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links