The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Thats the point i dont have a wifi thats compatible with my ds so i cant get my friend code making the c gear useless.
If your friend lives near you, you don't need a Friend Code to battle one another. Like I said, you can do infrared battles via the C-Gear, and that doesn't need Friend Codes.

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Rainbow Daaash
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and I couldn't find something like it in the 5th gen sections I need to evolve my Shelmet ASAP, so I need someone to trade with. I have a Karrablast, I can give it to you just to evolve the Shelmet and trade back for whatever you trade me right away. Can annnnybody help?
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Daaash View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new and I couldn't find something like it in the 5th gen sections I need to evolve my Shelmet ASAP, so I need someone to trade with. I have a Karrablast, I can give it to you just to evolve the Shelmet and trade back for whatever you trade me right away. Can annnnybody help?
You don't necessarily need to find someone to trade with, but if you have a second DS you can trade them yourself. Just have the Karrablast in the game on one DS and the Shelmet in a game on the other and trade them both to evolve them.

Otherwise you can just ask for a trade request in the Quick Trade Thread, located in Trade Corner. Just remember to read that thread's first post before you post your trade request.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old February 17th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Rainbow Daaash
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
You don't necessarily need to find someone to trade with, but if you have a second DS you can trade them yourself. Just have the Karrablast in the game on one DS and the Shelmet in a game on the other and trade them both to evolve them.

Otherwise you can just ask for a trade request in the located in Trade Corner. Just remember to read that thread's first post before you post your trade request.
Ah, thank you very much for your assistance. That is exactly the kind of thread / place I was looking for. I'll be asking there - as I do not own a second DS.
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM
MellowJello
Unhatched Egg

Has anyone managed to RNG for B/W2 on the 3DS XL (Or 3DS if it's the same)? Please help me out... ;__; I really want to make my dream team
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:34 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowJello View Post
Has anyone managed to RNG for B/W2 on the 3DS XL (Or 3DS if it's the same)? Please help me out... ;__; I really want to make my dream team
You should try PMing one of the more popular RNGers on here. I think there is a whole thread about them in the Trade center. The thing about RNG is that its easiest on the DS and DSlite because of how their clocks are set. DSi and 3DS has something extra set in that makes RNGing harder. I think 3DS' capabilities haven't been cracked yet which is why some believe that the art of RNG abuse will be non-existent with the new games and Pokemon. But if you want more than just rumors, try asking one of the RNGers.
Old February 21st, 2013, 11:55 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
You should try PMing one of the more popular RNGers on here. I think there is a whole thread about them in the Trade center. The thing about RNG is that its easiest on the DS and DSlite because of how their clocks are set. DSi and 3DS has something extra set in that makes RNGing harder. I think 3DS' capabilities haven't been cracked yet which is why some believe that the art of RNG abuse will be non-existent with the new games and Pokemon. But if you want more than just rumors, try asking one of the RNGers.
To put it simply, the 3DS has more "Timer0s" (like a type of master-seed) so it's harder to pinpoint which one is your actual Timer0. Generation 6 RNG is rumored to be broken if it's free-movement instead of being tiled (I think that would be the issue...)

Anyways, @MellowJello; Both Mac and Gonz0 rng on those platforms, that I know of, and I'm sure more have. We have quite a few RNG'ers nowadays. :3 Feel free to ask inThe Art of RNG thread, people will be glad to help you (I personally use a DSi XL and DS phat, not a 3DS).

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud

Last edited by Keiran; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:36 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know If there are suppose to be differences between these Friendly wi-fi events and just random battles? I use this same team except for a faster Garchomp and it did really well, but I go on the Random match up and they cant hold a candle light to anyone. I am confused and annoyed with this
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Does anyone know If there are suppose to be differences between these Friendly wi-fi events and just random battles? I use this same team except for a faster Garchomp and it did really well, but I go on the Random match up and they cant hold a candle light to anyone. I am confused and annoyed with this
From what I heard it pulls you into a special server where you just battle against other people participating it the same tournament. The other Random Battle is unfiltered so you battle against more people.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:53 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
From what I heard it pulls you into a special server where you just battle against other people participating it the same tournament. The other Random Battle is unfiltered so you battle against more people.
So it suppose to be more of a challenge with this unfiltered thing?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
So it suppose to be more of a challenge with this unfiltered thing?
Not so much more of a challenge. With the special tournaments they can only have X amount of players. Some more serious don't compete in those cause of the way its set up. So its all luck of the draw if you get a good or bad player while in the tournament. While in the unfiltered one its every person with the game as opposed to the 100-1000 people in certain regions.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
Ok so since I started playing pokemon many many many many years ago i've always used pretty much nothing but a butt load of ultra balls because I don't really understand how balls work.

Do Dusk and net and timer and fast and all the other type of balls work better than ultra balls? Or do they work just as well only on that type of pokemon but just cost less?

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteed View Post
Ok so since I started playing pokemon many many many many years ago i've always used pretty much nothing but a butt load of ultra balls because I don't really understand how balls work.

Do Dusk and net and timer and fast and all the other type of balls work better than ultra balls? Or do they work just as well only on that type of pokemon but just cost less?

Each type of ball will explain what its specialty is. Dusk balls do well in the night time or caves. Read the ball information it will be self-explanatory
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
peteed

Quote:
Each type of ball will explain what its specialty is. Dusk balls do well in the night time or caves. Read the ball information it will be self-explanatory
Thats my point lol it isn't self-explanatory.

Dusk Ball - A somewhat different Poke Ball that makes it easier to catch wild Pokemon at night or in dark places like caves.

The wording of that doesn't say if it makes it "easier" compared to a Poke Ball or Ultra Ball. For years i've just bought like 200+ Ultra Balls and never used the others because nintendo doesn't explain the other balls very well.

If I were to read it i'd assume the easier would be comparing it to the base Poke Ball and then it doesn't say how much easier.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Thats my point lol it isn't self-explanatory.

Dusk Ball - A somewhat different Poke Ball that makes it easier to catch wild Pokemon at night or in dark places like caves.

The wording of that doesn't say if it makes it "easier" compared to a Poke Ball or Ultra Ball. For years i've just bought like 200+ Ultra Balls and never used the others because nintendo doesn't explain the other balls very well.

If I were to read it i'd assume the easier would be comparing it to the base Poke Ball and then it doesn't say how much easier.
If you look at the item description for each Poké Ball very carefully, it basically explains itself when/where/how the Ball should be used, except its actual catch rate. A Dusk Ball's catch rate is 3.5x at night or in caves, but it's 1x if it's used during the day or out in the open. An Ultra Ball's catch rate is 2x no matter what.Read here for the catch rates of each different Poké Ball and here for how the catch rate formula works.

Old February 25th, 2013, 04:18 AM
sjaeger172004

Hi just wondering what are the most wanted berries and Pokemon DW pokemon/pokemon Nature

Black 2 FC: 3826-6587-1380
Trainer Name: XiShNik

White 2 FC: 4642-7014-2662
Trainer Name: 007

3DS FC 3196 - 3383 -0879
3ds name 007

Successful Trades:
Masterlink, valor555, ShivaDF, EV, Peteed
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:12 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

In-game, DW Pokémon are available in the Hidden Grottoes scattered throughout Unova, though they may yield items instead. The contents of each Hidden Grotto have a 5% chance of regenerating every 256 steps. Berries can be bought at Join Avenue's Florist.

Anyway, here they are:
-Immunity Gligar (evolves into Poison Heal Gliscor) in Route 23's Hidden Grotto
-Multiscale Dragonite in Route 18's Hidden Grotto
-Regenerator Foongus/Amoonguss in just about any Hidden Grotto
-Technician Breloom in Pinwheel Forest's inner Hidden Grotto
-Prankster Murkrow (evolves into Moxie Honchkrow) in Pinwheel Forest's inner Hidden Grotto
-Regenerator Tangela in Route 13's Hidden Grotto
-Hustle Nidoran (Female/Male; evolves into Sheer Force Nidoqueen/Nidoking) in Route 2's Hidden Grotto
-Sheer Force Bagon in Pinwheel Forest's outer Hidden Grotto
-Swift Swim Poliwhirl > Drizzle Politoed in Pinwheel Forest's outer Hidden Grotto
-Toxic Boost Zangoose in Route 23's and Route 7's Hidden Grottoes

The Liechi, Petaya and Salac Berries are among the most sought-berries in B2/W2. They can be obtained in the following ways, though you have to rank-up the shop to 8 to obtain them:
-Salac Berry: hire a Florist from your own W2 game
-Liechi Berry: after connecting with a White game, hire that person as they wander into the avenue
-Petaya Berry: after connecting with a Black game, hire that person as they wander into the avenue.

Old February 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I can't find a concrete answer. I'm trying to get some of the event Pokemon, and I was able to buy the Jirachi Pokemon Colosseum pre-order disc and get legit Jirachis. : ) But I've heard conflicting information about if you can transfer the Pokemon Ranch Mew to Black 2. If I were to buy Pokemon Ranch, get mew, and trade it to my pearl version, would I then be able to transfer it to Black 2? I'm a big fan of the first three generation's Pokemon, so I want to try my best to get as many of them as I can in black 2.
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I can't find a concrete answer. I'm trying to get some of the event Pokemon, and I was able to buy the Jirachi Pokemon Colosseum pre-order disc and get legit Jirachis. : ) But I've heard conflicting information about if you can transfer the Pokemon Ranch Mew to Black 2. If I were to buy Pokemon Ranch, get mew, and trade it to my pearl version, would I then be able to transfer it to Black 2? I'm a big fan of the first three generation's Pokemon, so I want to try my best to get as many of them as I can in black 2.
Yes, as long as it has no HM moves, you can transfer as normal.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:39 PM
peteed

What are the most useful shops for join avenue?

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Heartouch
Look up to the stars.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
Quote:
What are the most useful shops for join avenue?
IMO, the most useful Join Avenue shop would be Fitness shop, Cafe and Mart.
Fitness shop and Cafe both can make your Pokemon strong, and in Mart, you could buy Fresh Waters or MooMoo Milks in a set, with the price of one (by leveling up the shop, and it's much cheaper than just buying one item alone)!
PC Family | PC Blog | EGC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lunar Crescent
okay so, i'm getting a Nintendo Dsi XL tomorrow with White 2 alongside it, i wanted the original game so i can experience good trades and be more connected with people and having general fun, note that i haven't played Pokemon since Emerald, the question i have is how can i go on about going into multiplayer, Any stuff i need to know about? Thanks!
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
There isn't much multiplayer outside of the two-cart interactions, which can be done simply via the 'Unova Link' option on the starting screen.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lunar Crescent
So basically if i do the Unova link, i can trade pokemon i guess?
Also how can i find my Friend code so others here can add me? I've bought a new White 2 from Bartsmit.nl its Retail and all legit!
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Mr. Whiscash
Unegged Hatch

Nature: Sassy
You need to beat the first gym to get your pal pad.

Sponsored Links