Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old February 28th, 2013 (05:38 PM).
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
You might as well get a 3DS (assuming you don't have one) over the XL. But other than that do what Whiscash said
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old March 1st, 2013 (04:36 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lunar Crescent
I already bought the DsI XL, just waiting for it to arrive, i'm only getting it for pokemon so no need for a 3ds when there is no 3D options for pokemon, atleast as of yet, will buy one when X/Y Come out!
Old March 1st, 2013 (12:30 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Lunar Crescent:
I already bought the DsI XL, just waiting for it to arrive, i'm only getting it for pokemon so no need for a 3ds when there is no 3D options for pokemon, atleast as of yet, will buy one when X/Y Come out!
If you are getting B2W2, 3DS is the only way to get the Dream Radar which is a tag on game that syncs up with B2W2. Its the only way to get Tornadus, Landurous, and Thundurus without trading from B/W and the ones from the Dream Radar are in Therian form with Dream World abilities.

So if you are getting B2W2 there is a psuedo 3D option.
Old March 1st, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Yeah, i don't reckon i'll be getting a 3DS i'm afraid, i'll still have plenty of fun with DsI XL right? i think i will have some fun atleast!
Old March 1st, 2013 (08:50 PM).
peteed

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peteed
Yeah, i don't reckon i'll be getting a 3DS i'm afraid, i'll still have plenty of fun with DsI XL right? i think i will have some fun atleast!
3DS XL has screens almost double the size of the 3DS as well as double the bettery life so its what i'm planning on soon

Anyway my question is do Magma Armor and Flame Body still work for halving the steps to hatch eggs in black and white 2? I know in the GBA games it did but serebii doesn't really explain if it still works or not.

3DS FC: 2449-4891-9980
Old March 1st, 2013 (09:14 PM).
Hikamaru
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by peteed:
Anyway my question is do Magma Armor and Flame Body still work for halving the steps to hatch eggs in black and white 2? I know in the GBA games it did but serebii doesn't really explain if it still works or not.
Yes, it still works but it needs to be the lead in your party.

And remember the Day Care is only available in the post-game, so you can't breed until then. However, you can still use it to hatch traded eggs as well.
Old March 1st, 2013 (10:07 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Yes, it still works but it needs to be the lead in your party.

And remember the Day Care is only available in the post-game, so you can't breed until then. However, you can still use it to hatch traded eggs as well.
Doesn't have to lead the party, just has to be in the party. Though that's better than what I wanted to say cause I always thought the eggs had to be in the nearest slot for it to work on them. I usually kept mine in the middle and rotated the eggs closer to it, but as it turns out it just has to be in the party regardless of location.
Old March 1st, 2013 (10:19 PM).
Hikamaru
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

Also, to add on to what Xander said, Flame Body's additional effect of hatching eggs has been present in all games where abilities exist, not just Black 2/White 2.

In Black 2/White 2, your best bet for a good Flame Body Pokemon is a Litwick (found in Celestial Tower and Strange House, just keep in mind they have a 50% chance of having Flame Body or Flash Fire, so it's not guaranteed).

Otherwise, if you're playing Black 2, you can get Magby in the Virbank Complex. Unlike Litwick, wild Magby always have Flame Body. If it's White 2 that you're playing, you can also catch Camerupt in Reversal Mountain, like Litwick above, some may not always have Magma Armor (which also has the same egg-hatching effect as Flame Body).
Old March 1st, 2013 (11:27 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Also, to add on to what Xander said, Flame Body's additional effect of hatching eggs has been present in all games where abilities exist, not just Black 2/White 2.
Just to correct this, the egg hatching ability wasn't present in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (01:20 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
In Black 2/White 2, your best bet for a good Flame Body Pokemon is a Litwick (found in Celestial Tower and Strange House, just keep in mind they have a 50% chance of having Flame Body or Flash Fire, so it's not guaranteed).
Um... since we're in B2W2, I would say that the best bet is Relic Castle's Volcarona

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 2nd, 2013 (06:39 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

So once i get my game i can ask a member on here to trade me a pokemon ( Assuming i finish the first gym ) and then they can trade some Pokemon over? i'd like to ditch my starter and get a Starter Riolu instead, would that work out?
Old March 2nd, 2013 (06:44 AM).
Hikamaru
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

So once i get my game i can ask a member on here to trade me a pokemon ( Assuming i finish the first gym ) and then they can trade some Pokemon over? i'd like to ditch my starter and get a Starter Riolu instead, would that work out?
Yup, we have a thread solely for the purpose of quick, simple trades: Quick Trade Thread

Don't use the GTS since the requests are often illegal stuff, while the Quick Trade Thread will give you a guaranteed trade. Remember that thread is there if you're ever in need of a certain Pokemon.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (07:28 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Thanks Hikari, sorry for lots of questions but i need to know certain stuff!
I won't use the GTS at all, i'll ask fellow members here to trade me one, do i get the option to trade via Friend code and such quite early? How can i trade?
Old March 2nd, 2013 (07:38 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Thanks Hikari, sorry for lots of questions but i need to know certain stuff!
I won't use the GTS at all, i'll ask fellow members here to trade me one, do i get the option to trade via Friend code and such quite early? How can i trade?
You get the Pal Pad at the start of the game, but you won't be able to trade until you get the Basic Badge from the Aspertia Gym.

Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:14 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

When do i get that badge? Quite early in the game?
Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:19 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
When do i get that badge? Quite early in the game?
It's the very first badge.

Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:40 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Great! As my last question, which generations can i trade with? I have White 2.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (09:55 AM).
Forever
let it go

Great! As my last question, which generations can i trade with? I have White 2.
Black, White, and Black 2 (and White 2!) For previous generations you'll need to get two DS' though, as you have to use PokeTransfer. :(
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:07 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

But people can still trade me their Generation III Pokemon or for example Riolu, like they put it on their Black 2 and trade me it?
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:15 AM).
Forever
let it go

But people can still trade me their Generation III Pokemon or for example Riolu, like they put it on their Black 2 and trade me it?
Yeah that's totally possible :) You just can't trade directly to them, that's all!
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:37 AM).
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Also, are there people here who would do adoptions of sorts? like give pokemon away for anything, don't know where else to post this!
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:40 AM).
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Hi! I have a question about the Gamestop Meloetta event who will take place in march 4th to 14th. So this will be a in-life event and I have to ask, do you have to buy the game to get her? I mean like, if you already have the game, do you have to buy a new copie of B2/W2 in order to get her or will they have a wi-fi connection running in 10 days so you and others can connect to mystery gift in their stores in order to get her?
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:53 AM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
Hi! I have a question about the Gamestop Meloetta event who will take place in march 4th to 14th. So this will be a in-life event and I have to ask, do you have to buy the game to get her? I mean like, if you already have the game, do you have to buy a new copie of B2/W2 in order to get her or will they have a wi-fi connection running in 10 days so you and others can connect to mystery gift in their stores in order to get her?
You don't need to buy another game to receive Meloetta. You just have to bring in your copy of B/W or B2/W2 to receive Meloetta. It won't be Wi-Fi though, you'll want to choose the Wireless option in "Receive Mystery Gift".

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old March 2nd, 2013 (10:57 AM).
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by tabor62:
You don't need to buy another game to receive Meloetta. You just have to bring in your copy of B/W or B2/W2 to receive Meloetta. It won't be Wi-Fi though, you'll want to choose the Wireless option in "Receive Mystery Gift".
Ok, Thank you very much! Will every gamestop all around the world participate? I currently live in Sweden.
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old March 2nd, 2013 (11:04 AM).
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by WishCookie:
Ok, Thank you very much! Will every gamestop all around the world participate? I currently live in Sweden.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I recommend that you call your local Gamestop and ask them.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links