The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
trotz59
Professor in-training

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to trotz59
Okay, so I have not played on the random battles at all yet in my white 2 version, however I did play in the Pokemon spring regional championships. Well yesterday I was trying to do random battles and it isn't letting me saying that's have to wait one hour because I disconnected from a battle (which I haven't even played in a wifi battle yet). So I wait an hour, and try again but I get the same message. I don't know what to do

Info
YouTube: NidoGia
Twitter: trotz59
Tumblr: trotz59 (barely use)
Deviantart: ka-ting (very old, barely updated)
Serebii and Bulbagarden forum accounts: trotz59
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
reploidbill
Unhatched Egg

Sry if this has already been asked but right now I'm at work overtime and I can't read the entire thing. My q is. Today I caught an ot pokemon. Is this rare? Did I do something great? I feel real good like finding a shinny of my favorite guy in the wild but still I want to know just how rare or common is this? White 2 is my game.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Shucklulz
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Shucklulz
Quote:
Originally Posted by reploidbill View Post
Sry if this has already been asked but right now I'm at work overtime and I can't read the entire thing. My q is. Today I caught an ot pokemon. Is this rare? Did I do something great? I feel real good like finding a shinny of my favorite guy in the wild but still I want to know just how rare or common is this? White 2 is my game.
It sounds like you caught one of N's Pokemon. If you've used Game Sync, some of the Pokemon N used in Black and White can be caught by the player in B2W2 (he released them off-screen, but it was shown in a flashback in B2W2). It is akin to catching a Shiny (thus the animation when they enter battle). There's only one of each of his Pokemon in the wild, but I believe it's much more common to find one of them than a Shiny. You can find out more about them here if you're interested!

nyoom | tumblr
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

I've read this is possible, and I want to know before moving my cartridge between systems.

Is it possible to send a received Wonder Card to another game? i.e. let's say I want to receive the Wonder Card for Deoxys, B2/W2 only, then send it to B/W and receive it there. Can that be done?

(Yes, I know a second Wonder Card is not later generated.)

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I've read this is possible, and I want to know before moving my cartridge between systems.

Is it possible to send a received Wonder Card to another game? i.e. let's say I want to receive the Wonder Card for Deoxys, B2/W2 only, then send it to B/W and receive it there. Can that be done?

(Yes, I know a second Wonder Card is not later generated.)

Cyclone
What do you mean? As in trade the wonder card to B/W? No Wonder cards are locked to your game you received it on. Gamefreak and TPC were supposed to make some Woder cards that would allow you to send out a signal that your friends could receive but they never made an event like that. at the bottom of the wonder card its supposed to say whether or not its re-sendable. none of the events are however.

Even still if we could, those cards are locked to specific games. If it can only be downloaded on B2W2 then even if we could transfer them to B/W through Inferred, we couldn't since B/W isn't able to receive the download.
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
New quick question. I know that every major status ailment helps a Pokemon's catch rate but does confusion and/or infatuation also increase the catch rate?
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:18 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
New quick question. I know that every major status ailment helps a Pokemon's catch rate but does confusion and/or infatuation also increase the catch rate?
Nope, they don't change the capture rate.
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
TheBShue
Unhatched Egg

Hey everyone! Old school Pokemon fan trying to get back into the games. The last games I played were Fire Red & Leaf Green for Advance SP. I don't know any Pokemon outside the first 251, so I'm excited to jump in & see how much its expanded! Anyways, I'm taking the hit today and heading to Game Stop to buy a used DS. I was told I should def invest in Black 2 or White 2. Suggestions? Why should I choose one over the other? Anything to help me out would be AWESOME! Thank you!
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBShue View Post
Hey everyone! Old school Pokemon fan trying to get back into the games. The last games I played were Fire Red & Leaf Green for Advance SP. I don't know any Pokemon outside the first 251, so I'm excited to jump in & see how much its expanded! Anyways, I'm taking the hit today and heading to Game Stop to buy a used DS. I was told I should def invest in Black 2 or White 2. Suggestions? Why should I choose one over the other? Anything to help me out would be AWESOME! Thank you!
I'd get White 2 if I were you, as it has better exclusives, IMO, like Reuniclus and Reshiram.

Old May 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Zorogami
ON VACATION!!!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
The biggest difference is if either you want to catch Reshiram (Fire/Dragon) or Zekrom (Electric/Dragon), and of course the version exclusive Pokemon. You can click here for a full list of them. I got Black2 because i love Zekrom and i really like the exclusives, like Heracross and Magmar. In the end it's up to you though

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBShue View Post
Let's see if I can sort some of this out for you.

B/W and B2/W2 have generally the same wild Unova Pokémon exclusive to them; for instance, Gothita is in B/B2 and Solosis in W/W2. So research Unova exclusives and decide what you like. You may prefer B2/W2 with past generation Pokémon in the wild everywhere, not just in eastern Unova.

B/W2 allow you to catch Reshiram. W/B2 allow you to catch Zekrom.

B/W allow Tornadus (B only)/Thundurus (W only)/Landorus (must have both) to be caught in-game. B2/W2 allow all three as well, but in Therian form and you must use Dream Radar (a separate application) if you don't want to trade for them.

Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion can all be caught; in B2/W2 they appear in front of you starting with Cobalion at Route 13. Terrakion comes out after you defeat the final Gym; I don't recall seeing it before clearing all eight Gyms. In B/W, you must seek their chambers, two of which can be found in B2/W2 as well (but are empty).

Liberty Garden Victini is event-only in B/W. Event has passed. You can technically Action Replay the item into your game, but some see this as cheating even though it's an expired event. You can still trade for many other Victini events, however.

Finally, Kyurem is available in all four games. The final three after it (Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect) are exclusively events.

B2/W2 feature a lot of past legendaries; for instance, Cresselia and the Lake Guardians appear post-E4, as does either Latios or Latias. Also, the Golems put in an eventual appearance post-E4. Deoxys is a CURRENT EVENT. Heatran appears at Reversal Mountain. If you like getting legendaries, get either B2/W2, but use the exclusives in each game (such as Reshiram in W2, Zekrom in B2) to decide what you prefer. I chose Black for Reshiram, myself, and got W2 because I wanted to change colours.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:04 AM
TheBShue
Unhatched Egg

Ha wow, you guys are great! I'm kind a fire guy... always have been! Might have to go with White 2 then. I'll be back later today with the update! Thank you!
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
How would the EV distribution work on White Kyurem or Black Kyurem? If I separated them will all the EVs be moved to Kyurem or how would it work?
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Thrash
Feebas Führer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
How would the EV distribution work on White Kyurem or Black Kyurem? If I separated them will all the EVs be moved to Kyurem or how would it work?
Pretty sure they'll be with Kyurem.

MOON PRISM POWER
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:55 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Is it possible to get the IVs of White Kyruem or do I have to do it separately
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
BlastoisePuka1985u
Unhatched Egg

So my brother gave me his black 2 and when I try to wifi battle it doesn't give me that option. Just the option to global trade.

Does anyone know why it's doing this?
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
H0tB3ans
What is Sylveon?~

Nature: Jolly
Is it possible for you to reset the game card's data? If not, remove the wifi from the DS, turn your router on and off and renew all your IP address and stuff an then re-connect. If that doesn't work, Google's your God.

What is this Pokémon's type?
Only she knows, and it'll stay that way for a long time.
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
BlastoisePuka1985u
Unhatched Egg

Ill try but google no luck
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
Where can I get earthquake?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

You need to find where it says "Random Matchup" It wont just say Wi-Fi Battle
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
Where can I get earthquake?
Earthquake, as TM26, can be found at Relic Castle or Route 15 depending on the set of games you're playing.

Given this is the B2/W2 QQ thread you're asking in, you want to try Route 15; I wanted to give a complete answer.

Cyclone

Old May 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Krookodile777
Togepi

I've heard that if you use a BURN ORB on a pokemon with GUTS that it ignores the attack drop

This is where I get confused

Attack = 1x
Burnt attack = 0.5x
Guts attack = 1.5x, or = 1x?

I need to know so I can pick between Toxic orb or Flame orb for a Conkeldurr

I mean, yeah I hear Guts ignores burns attack drop... but is that because guts equalizes back to 1x damage? or does it 100% truly ignore the attack drop and allows you to go to 1.5X as you would with a toxic orb?

Cause you know... eventually toxic orb will hurt BAD, if I can still have 1.5x attack power w/ the burn orb that'd be easier to survive the set low dmg per turn

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)

Last edited by Krookodile777; May 14th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookodile777 View Post
I've heard that if you use a BURN ORB on a pokemon with GUTS that it ignores the attack drop

This is where I get confused

Attack = 1x
Burnt attack = 0.5x
Guts attack = 1.5x, or = 1x?

I need to know so I can pick between Toxic orb or Flame orb for a Conkeldurr

I mean, yeah I hear Guts ignores burns attack drop... but is that because guts equalizes back to 1x damage? or does it 100% truly ignore the attack drop and allows you to go to 1.5X as you would with a toxic orb?

Cause you know... eventually toxic orb will hurt BAD, if I can still have 1.5x attack power w/ the burn orb that'd be easier to survive the set low dmg per turn
When a Pokémon with Guts gets burned, its Attack doesn't suffer at all and instead its Attack gets multiplied by 1.5x, making Flame Orb the safer option on Guts users.

Old May 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Krookodile777
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
When a Pokémon with Guts gets burned, its Attack doesn't suffer at all and instead its Attack gets multiplied by 1.5x, making Flame Orb the safer option on Guts users.
Thanks and... lol... this isn't even working out in random wifi matches. The only way this crazy speed boost baton pass to a conkeldurr with guts thing would work is if I was facing idiots apparently Lots of well studied players on random wifi battles :/

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
(^Good battle video of mine)
Old May 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Krieg_
Unhatched Egg

I have tried making pokemon using PokeSav but for some reason they are not allowed to compete in Random Matchups online. I can put them up for trade on the GTS though. I used a preset pokemon package so there is a legit trainer ID and everything but I changed the EVs and the pokemons Nickname if that may have made them illegal? Can someone help me make legit pokemon using this program?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links