Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2013 (02:02 PM).
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
Am I right in assuming that even though my Lapras is in the one-spot of my team and is switched out to my Golduck to beat the Pokémon, she still receive's EV points? Keep in mind the Lapras didn't attack before being switched out.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (02:12 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Trainer Timothy:
Am I right in assuming that even though my Lapras is in the one-spot of my team and is switched out to my Golduck to beat the Pokémon, she still receive's EV points? Keep in mind the Lapras didn't attack before being switched out.
Yes, all the Pokemon involved in a battle receive EVs and EXP even if they were switched out before attacking. Also, a Pokemon will receive EVs even if it's only wearing an Exp. Share and not participating in the battle.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (02:15 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
Um...after I ride the ferris wheel with Yancey, will she ALWAYS offer to trade a pokemon? Or will she only trade with me if I've beaten the E4?
It's only after beating the Elite Four.

She'll trade you the following Pokemon, in this order once a day: Meowth*, Wobbuffet, Ralts, Shieldon*, Rhyhorn, Shellos^, Mawile*, Spiritomb, Snorlax, Teddiursa*, Spinda and Togepi. All of them come with their Hidden Abilities as well. If playing as a female character, Curtis will be there instead and some of the Pokemon he trades will be slightly different.

^ Shellos' Form will differ on the gender you are playing as. If playing as a female it will be an East Sea Shellos instead of West Sea.

* These Pokemon will be different if playing as a female. Female players get Mankey instead of Meowth, Cranidos instead of Shieldon, Sableye instead of Mawile and Phanpy instead of Teddiursa.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (05:39 PM).
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote originally posted by pokemon221a:
how do i play black 2?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I think for that question, every one will agree what exactly do you mean.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old June 2nd, 2013 (06:57 PM).

Nature: Timid
I've got a question about dream radar for Black 2. I was curious about the demand for certain Pokemon with certain DW abilities. I thought each Pokemon (like all Munnas) have the same DW ability? Anything else I should know about DW/DR abilities?

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (07:15 PM). Edited June 2nd, 2013 by tabor62.
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Each Pokemon has a different hidden ability. Also people prefer females over males as only the females can pass on the ability. And there are also people who only want the ones directly from the Dream World, Dream Radar, or Hidden Grotto.

EDIT: Er, or were you looking for AdrianD's answer

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 2nd, 2013 (07:17 PM). Edited June 3rd, 2013 by Jellicent♀.
Competitive Trainer

Quote originally posted by rebelxgirl:
I've got a question about dream radar for Black 2. I was curious about the demand for certain Pokemon with certain DW abilities. I thought each Pokemon (like all Munnas) have the same DW ability? Anything else I should know about DW/DR abilities?
I pretty sure there is no difference DR is DW abilities. So there is nothing different
Old June 2nd, 2013 (07:46 PM).

Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
I pretty sure there is no difference DR is DW abilities. So there is nothing different
I know, that's why I put the slash. Guess I should have clarified I knew they were the same Pokemon.

Quote originally posted by tabor62:
Each Pokemon has a different hidden ability. Also people prefer females over males as only the females can pass on the ability. And there are also people who only want the ones directly from the Dream World, Dream Radar, or Hidden Grotto.

EDIT: Er, or were you looking for AdrianD's answer
No, I wasn't looking for Adrian's answer. Yours is more along the lines of what I was looking for. So my next question I guess would be, if each Pokemon (ie all Munas from the DR/DW) has a hidden ability, how do you know what each Muna's (or other Pokemon from the DW/DR) hidden ability is? And are hidden abilities & DW abilities used interchangeably?

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (07:52 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Yes they can be used interchangeably. And I just go on a site with information like Serebii or Bulbapedia to figure out if it has the Hidden Ability or not. Though some people here have memorized all the important or useful ones.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 2nd, 2013 (10:36 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by pokemon221a:
how do i play black 2?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Like a boss.

Quote originally posted by rebelxgirl:
I know, that's why I put the slash. Guess I should have clarified I knew they were the same Pokemon.

No, I wasn't looking for Adrian's answer. Yours is more along the lines of what I was looking for. So my next question I guess would be, if each Pokemon (ie all Munas from the DR/DW) has a hidden ability, how do you know what each Muna's (or other Pokemon from the DW/DR) hidden ability is? And are hidden abilities & DW abilities used interchangeably?
DW abilities are set to Pokemon. So not everyone has the same ability.
As tabor already mentioned, Serebii/Bulbapedia has list of them under name "Hidden Ability". That's ability you will get from DW.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 4th, 2013 (07:36 PM).

I know this has probably been asked before but... I have a 3DS and was wondering what the differences are between B/W vs B/W 2? I completed the White version and was debating if it get Black 2.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 4th, 2013 (07:59 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by billyjoseph:
I know this has probably been asked before but... I have a 3DS and was wondering what the differences are between B/W vs B/W 2? I completed the White version and was debating if it get Black 2.
I'd be glad to be of assistance, since I've played both pairs of games myself.

Basically, there's loads of differences between Black/White and Black 2/White 2. First, the Unova Pokedex. In B/W, only Unova Pokemon are obtainable prior to the National Pokedex, but B2/W2 has a mixture of both Unova Pokemon and several previous-gen Pokemon. Second, the storyline. B/W's story mainly focuses a lot on N and eventually ends with you catching Reshiram/Zekrom and then taking on both N and Ghetsis as the final battles as opposed to the usual Champion that would be the final boss in the main story. B2/W2's story is much different, and there's also new characters introduced (including new player characters).

Features-wise, it's also different. If you have the original Black and White, you can connect one of the games with Black 2/White 2 using the Memory Link (it does need a second DS though) and it unlocks cutscenes that won't appear without it, and also unlocks N's Pokemon available for capture. Seeing as you have a 3DS, you can also pay a little to download the Pokemon Dream Radar app which gives you some useful Pokemon that you can then transfer to Black 2/White 2, among them include the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.

My recommendation would be get the same color sequel that matches your original one, just because for example, Zekrom is in White and Reshiram is in White 2, but since you'd miss out on the Black version exclusives, you can get Black 2 if you want those Pokemon as well. Also, Black 2 and White 2 on their own have a lot of locations that differ in appearance and layout between versions.

If you're still confused, I'd highly advise reading this post in the 5th Generation FAQ thread, and you'll soon learn that having both the original B/W and the sequels can enhance your Unova experience much better.
Old June 4th, 2013 (08:45 PM).

^ Thanks for the response.
I was basically wondering if certain pokemon are only available in either version for example I was never able to come across a Sigilyph. Also how different the layouts were so it wasn't like I was replaying the same game just to catch a different legendary pokemon. But i'll get the second version to keep me busy until the new gen comes out. At gamestop they said I couldnt play B/W 2 on the 3DS but ppl on here say that you can.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 4th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

^ Thanks for the response.
I was basically wondering if certain pokemon are only available in either version for example I was never able to come across a Sigilyph. Also how different the layouts were so it wasn't like I was replaying the same game just to catch a different legendary pokemon. But i'll get the second version to keep me busy until the new gen comes out. At gamestop they said I couldnt play B/W 2 on the 3DS but ppl on here say that you can.
You can play Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS, just like with all other Nintendo DS games. You just can't play a 3DS game on an original DS that's all. Also, Sigilyph can be found in both versions in the Desert Resort.

And I have the full list of Black 2 and White 2's version exclusive Pokemon over here.
Old June 4th, 2013 (10:40 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
I was basically wondering if certain pokemon are only available in either version for example I was never able to come across a Sigilyph.
As Hikari mentioned, Sigilyph is in Desert Resort. Not to mention if you set up Memory Link feature, you can even get N's one in B2/W2!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:19 AM).
Working...Don't bother me...

Nature: Bold
How do you get rid of these guy blocking the way to Black City?
Attachment 68511
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Quote originally posted by zortac:
How do you get rid of these guy blocking the way to Black City?
Attachment 68511
Those guys will unfortunately keep blocking your path to Black City (or White Forest) until you've beaten the Elite Four.
Old June 5th, 2013 (11:38 AM). Edited June 5th, 2013 by catroZ.
Working...Don't bother me...

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Brendino:
Those guys will unfortunately keep blocking your path to Black City (or White Forest) until you've beaten the Elite Four.
And the Skyarrow bridge- will I have to wait until I've beaten the Elite Four to get through it?
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Quote originally posted by zortac:
And the Skyarrow bridge- will I have to wait until I've beaten the Elite Four to get through it?
Yes, the Skyarrow Bridge and the cities past it (Nuvema, Accumula, Striaton and Nacrene) are only available during the postgame of Black/White 2, along with Black City/White Forest.
Old June 5th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Brendino:
There is also a blockage at the east end of Route 16, just like in B/W. The difference this time is that you can walk into the building and step up to the elevator; unfortunately, it won't operate.

Spoiler:
Later, once you beat the E4, you can speak to an NPC and find out that a Rotom was having some fun with the elevator.

This makes Route 15 the only area in Unova that is only accessible after defeating the E4 regardless of the game played. Of course, because the building to bring in Pokémon from Gen. IV is here, this makes sense. I merely wish, instead of blocking off the area again, that they'd put the guy on a long travel vacation and lock the door. Having a septet of dancing dudes just makes no sense.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 5th, 2013 (07:59 PM).

What does it mean when a game is for a sale and says it is unlocked and all shineys are available?

Old June 5th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

What does it mean when a game is for a sale and says it is unlocked and all shineys are available?
It means it is hacked up, highly unlikely anyone can get most Shiny Pokemon and just sell it. In addition, certain Pokemon cannot be shiny legitly. Such as Celebi, Zekrom, Reshiram, and etc.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 9th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Is guard split a status change?
Old June 9th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
space dorito
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
Is guard split a status change?
Here's the description from Bulbapedia:

Quote originally posted by Bulbapedia:
Guard Split averages the user's Defense and Special Defense stats with those of the target Pokémon. Guard Split will ignore both the user and the target's stat changes when calculating the average.
So yeah I guess it does count as a status change, same with Power Split.
Old June 9th, 2013 (06:52 PM).
Competitive Trainer

I ask because I am using Psych up and wonder if the defense and Sp def get passed along as well
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links