Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old June 9th, 2013 (09:03 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by AdrianD:
I ask because I am using Psych up and wonder if the defense and Sp def get passed along as well
The source page at Bulbapedia doesn't specify, but I would presume that because changes to stats are usually passed on (i.e. with Baton Pass), that the changes from Psych Up are as well.

If anyone knows otherwise, however, do not hesitate to correct me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 11th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
The Danish Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyndafan
if i start a new game will that affect my global link account? or after i start the new game can i reconnect so i dont lose anything? pls pm the answer
Old June 11th, 2013 (11:36 AM).

Nature: Adamant
You won't be able to connect with that game anymore, because when you restart, you will also get a new Game Sync ID. I think you can email the PGL staff to get your old ID removed from your account so you can register your new save file but I'm not sure about that.
Old June 11th, 2013 (06:34 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know the rule who wins when Perish Song is in play?
Old June 12th, 2013 (12:48 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Does anyone know the rule who wins when Perish Song is in play?
You mean when both players have 1 Pokemon left and one uses Perish Song?
Then it's a draw.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 12th, 2013 (02:17 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

A few questions about the Masuda Method:
~Let's say a Japanese person trades a Squirtle to an American person. The American person can breed that JP Squirtle with his USA Squirtle to do the method, if I'm correct. So, what happens if that American trades the JP Squirtle to another American? Will the Masuda Method still work? Will it still work after 50 trades within America, as long as the pokemon originated in Japan?

~A Japanese person hacks a Mudkip into his game, and then trades it to an American. If the American breeds the hacked JP Mudkip with his/her USA Mudkip, will the Masuda Method still work?

~An American generates a japanese Munna in PokeGen. When that Munna is imported into their game and bred with a USA Munna, will the Masuda Method take effect?

~Does breeding a foreign pokemon with a Ditto or breeding a foreign Ditto with a pokemon still let the Masuda Method take effect?

~Finally, and just to be clear, the odds of Masuda'ing without a Shiny Charm, getting a shiny pokemon is 1/1366 instead of 1/8192, right?
Old June 12th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
~Let's say a Japanese person trades a Squirtle to an American person. The American person can breed that JP Squirtle with his USA Squirtle to do the method, if I'm correct. So, what happens if that American trades the JP Squirtle to another American? Will the Masuda Method still work? Will it still work after 50 trades within America, as long as the pokemon originated in Japan?

~A Japanese person hacks a Mudkip into his game, and then trades it to an American. If the American breeds the hacked JP Mudkip with his/her USA Mudkip, will the Masuda Method still work?

~An American generates a japanese Munna in PokeGen. When that Munna is imported into their game and bred with a USA Munna, will the Masuda Method take effect?

~Does breeding a foreign pokemon with a Ditto or breeding a foreign Ditto with a pokemon still let the Masuda Method take effect?

~Finally, and just to be clear, the odds of Masuda'ing without a Shiny Charm, getting a shiny pokemon is 1/1366 instead of 1/8192, right?
The Masuda Method still works as long as the Pokémon was first generated in a foreign-language game. In your example, even if your Japanese Squirtle was traded over and over, the method still works because it was generated in a Japanese cartridge.

Ditto still works with the Masuda method, since it never said anything about Ditto messing with the method.

The odds of you getting a shiny Pokémon using the Masuda Method while you have the Shiny Charm is 1/1024.

Old June 12th, 2013 (02:47 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:

So long as the Pokemon is generated on a foreign device and game, it'll work. Doesn't matter how you try to dissect it. If it counts as a foreign country you'll be able to use the Matsuda method for breeding.

With the Charm the chances drop to: 1/1024

Quote originally posted by bulbapedia:
Increases the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon. The chance of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is changed to 1/2730. The chance of an egg producing a Shiny Pokémon via the Masuda method is changed to 1/1024.
Old June 14th, 2013 (09:33 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

^Thanks for the help! But now i have another question.
I was trading and I came across a giveaway for a Mew. Of course, I took it. But, I have just confirmed the Mew is a fake...will it mess up my game in any way or is it pretty much harmless?
Old June 15th, 2013 (12:01 AM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
From what I can tell, hacked Pokemon cannot harm your game. Could you do me a big favor and post the details of it into Trade Corner's Hack Report Thread? If it was a giveaway there could be more hacks floating around I want to add it to the black list. If you can't provide a legality analysis, I'm more than happy to take it off your hands so I can check it for you ;)

(Er, does that count as off topic or advertising?)

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 16th, 2013 (01:45 AM).
TheRedReshiram

Nature: Jolly
Hey guys!
I just started white 2 (so far I'm absolutely loving it) and I have a team planned and although I refuse to use ubers and pseudo-legendaries, I'm afraid my team is too weak. Here it is;

Samurott- Not changing him.
Magnezone - Give suggestions for a replacement.
Krookodile - Not changing him.
Chandelure - Not changing him.
Pinsir - Give suggestions for a replacement.
Unfezant - Give suggestions for a replacement.

This is just purely for in-game purposes and not for competitive battling. Also, I really don't have time to search for super rare Pokemon (such as in Hidden Grottoes). In addition, I would really appreciate it if you can tell me which ability is best and the move sets for my current team and/or your suggestions. I don't really care about natures. When choosing move sets, please be mindful that I will not be grinding levels and the maximum levels my Pokemon will be when facing the champion are probably around fifties.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for the time to reply. Yeah, it is a lot of requirements to ask for, but you know, I don't wanna go all the way to the champion only to find out my team sucks.

Thanks again!
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:26 AM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by RedReshiram:
Hey guys!
I just started white 2 (so far I'm absolutely loving it) and I have a team planned and although I refuse to use ubers and pseudo-legendaries, I'm afraid my team is too weak. Here it is;

Samurott- Not changing him.
Magnezone - Give suggestions for a replacement.
Krookodile - Not changing him.
Chandelure - Not changing him.
Pinsir - Give suggestions for a replacement.
Unfezant - Give suggestions for a replacement.

This is just purely for in-game purposes and not for competitive battling. Also, I really don't have time to search for super rare Pokemon (such as in Hidden Grottoes). In addition, I would really appreciate it if you can tell me which ability is best and the move sets for my current team and/or your suggestions. I don't really care about natures. When choosing move sets, please be mindful that I will not be grinding levels and the maximum levels my Pokemon will be when facing the champion are probably around fifties.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for the time to reply. Yeah, it is a lot of requirements to ask for, but you know, I don't wanna go all the way to the champion only to find out my team sucks.

Thanks again!
The way the games are made you can beat it with the worst team you could build (theoretically). Your team is only as bad as you make them and treat them. That being said if you want an in depth review if your team, try the in game team help section in the Battle Center forum. More people wouldbe able to assist you there.
Old June 16th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
Competitive Trainer

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
You mean when both players have 1 Pokemon left and one uses Perish Song?
Then it's a draw.
I know in Pokemon there is no such thing as a draw
Old June 16th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I know in Pokemon there is no such thing as a draw
The Trainer whose Pokémon faints first loses.

Old June 17th, 2013 (09:45 AM).
Competitive Trainer

Quote originally posted by PlatinumDude:
The Trainer whose Pokémon faints first loses.
Normally I agree with you, but I asked their customer service people and they replied this to me

Hello Adrian,

thank you for contacting the Pokémon Support.

When using attacks like "Perish Song" the user of the attack loses the battle as we want to reward players who win matches without those kind of attacks. This is the same for "Destiny Bond", "Selfdestruct" and "Explosion".

If you have any further questions or issues, please let us know.

Thank you,
The Pokémon Support Team
Old June 17th, 2013 (11:18 AM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
This was taken from the official PDF for Pokemon tournament rules for B/W2:
Quote:
  • If the player’s final Pokémon used Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond, or Final Gambit, and both players’ final Pokémon are knocked out as a result, that player loses that game
  • If a player’s final Pokémon used Double‐Edge, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Take Down, Submission, Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Head Smash, Struggle, or Wild Charge, or was holding Life Orb, and both players’ final Pokémon are knocked out as a result, that player wins that game
  • If both players’ final Pokémon is knocked out by a weather condition, such as Hail or Sandstorm, the player whose Pokémon is knocked out last wins the game
  • If a Pokémon’s Ability or held item, such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, Iron Barbs, or Rocky Helmet, results in each player’s final Pokémon being knocked out, the player with the Ability or held item will win the game
So while it doesn't explicitly say using Destiny Bond causes you to lose, it looks like any move that purposely makes your own Pokemon faint at the same time the battle is ended, results in a loss.
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Ok, so I know Foul Play bases its power on the opponent's Attack stat, not the user's. I also know its power is affected by type (just got "super effective" against a Solrock), and imagine it can be affected by STAB. I guess my question is, does the user's Attack stat affect things at all (ex: does it matter whether my Attack stat is currently 10 or 100)? Also, how does the base power factor in? If the opponent has a weak Attack stat, does it sort of subtract from the 95 base power?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:41 PM).
✿♥✿
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Fairly new to trying to play Pokemon competitively so I have a few questions regarding stats and nature.

I have a Riolu, Growlithe, and Elekid.

Which stat should I focus on being highest for each? And which nature benefits them most?

(I noticed in the stat section one seems to be highlighted red and another blue, what does that mean?)
Old June 20th, 2013 (01:25 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Natures increase a stat by 10% while decreasing another one by 10%. There are also neutral natures, meaning they don't increase or decrease any stat. This is shown on the stats page, the increased stat is highlighted in red, while the decreased stat is in blue. So you should chose a nature that would benefit your Pokemon, for example Arcanine and Electivire have higher Attack, so maybe one of Lonely, Brave, Adamant, or Naughty. Keep in mind though that these will also lower another stat, so for example Brave wouldn't be the best choice for Arcanine since it would lower it Speed.

You can read more on natures here > http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
Old June 20th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
Ok, so I know Foul Play bases its power on the opponent's Attack stat, not the user's. I also know its power is affected by type (just got "super effective" against a Solrock), and imagine it can be affected by STAB. I guess my question is, does the user's Attack stat affect things at all (ex: does it matter whether my Attack stat is currently 10 or 100)? Also, how does the base power factor in? If the opponent has a weak Attack stat, does it sort of subtract from the 95 base power?
No, your attack stat does not matter. STAB, ability, and item are factored in, as well as being burned. All it does is use your targets attack stat, boosts included, as if it were your own.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old June 20th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
RNG Sommelier
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
the funny thing is that it doesn't count you opponent's burn, but yours so keep that in mind

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 20th, 2013 (04:51 PM).

I finally have the Pokemon I want (Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander) and I would like to keep them on their second evolution. Would this hurt anything stat wise? Would this hurt my chances at completing the game?
Old June 20th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
#radreds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I know there are some people who don't like evolving their Pokemon, but in my personal opinion, evolving your Pokemon makes them stronger in the long run. Evolving them can make them strong enough for those later fights, and the stats actually get better with evolution.

Evolving your Pokemon to their final stage is actually well-worth it. I don't think it would hurt your chances of finishing the game by a long mile. I definitely advise evolving them is the better route.
Old June 20th, 2013 (05:14 PM).

I just really wanted to keep my Squirtle a Wartortle really. I never liked the look of Blastoise... If I do stop the evolution and get my Wartortle to level 100, is there a way to progress it to it's final stage?
Old June 20th, 2013 (05:17 PM).
#radreds
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by DTACBLF:
I just really wanted to keep my Squirtle a Wartortle really. I never liked the look of Blastoise... If I do stop the evolution and get my Wartortle to level 100, is there a way to progress it to it's final stage?
Level 100 is the level cap, it won't gain a level after that.

Sponsored Links