The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
If you get Wartortle to 100, you can't evolve him into Blastoise anymore. I also want to add that while playing the game with Pokemon that are not fully evolved makes it more of a challenge, it's still fun and definitely doable. I played Black and had a Wartortle on my team before and he did just fine. Also remember to give them an Eviolite. :) It makes things go much smoother.

paired to peeta
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:12 AM
Pikachukid
VOLT TACKLE >:D

Nature: Lonely
So I was in the Battle Subway using a Kabutops with Base 80 Speed. I'm up against the Battle Subway leader guy at the 20 battles mark and he sends out Crustle with a base 45 Speed. He had no stat boosts or anything and my Kabutops is Jolly Natured and not really EV trained but still his Crustle went before me for some reason. Can anyone explain to me how? I mean I'm not mad or anything and I did end up winning but its been bugging me since i had the battle because a Tympole outsped it as well during the challenge though I can't remember if there was rain or not...

Finished the FR/LG monotype a loooooong time ago. Not that anyone cares though.
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachukid View Post
So I was in the Battle Subway using a Kabutops with Base 80 Speed. I'm up against the Battle Subway leader guy at the 20 battles mark and he sends out Crustle with a base 45 Speed. He had no stat boosts or anything and my Kabutops is Jolly Natured and not really EV trained but still his Crustle went before me for some reason. Can anyone explain to me how? I mean I'm not mad or anything and I did end up winning but its been bugging me since i had the battle because a Tympole outsped it as well during the challenge though I can't remember if there was rain or not...
This could be due to them using attacks that have a built in priority. I could be mistaken but I believe that may be the case. n_n

What's the earliest I can catch a Petilil? I'd really love to have one as soon as possible. I just beat the second gym.

Last edited by Xolace; June 21st, 2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM
bugsy555

Quote:
What's the earliest I can catch a Petilil? I'd really love to have one as soon as possible. I just beat the second gym.
White 2 exclusive. The earliest you can get it is castelia city. If your playing black 2 then you can try the quick trade thread.
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy555 View Post
White 2 exclusive. The earliest you can get it is castelia city. If your playing black 2 then you can try the quick trade thread.
In Black 2, there is a girl on Route 4 who will trade her Petilil to you if you trade her a Cottonee. This specific one comes with a Modest nature and maxed Sp. Attack IVs (the other IVs are sorta well-rounded) so it makes a pretty good team addition. So basically you can necessarily get it in both versions.
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
bugsy555

Quote:
In Black 2, there is a girl on Route 4 who will trade her Petilil to you if you trade her a Cottonee. This specific one comes with a Modest nature and maxed Sp. Attack IVs (the other IVs are sorta well-rounded) so it makes a pretty good team addition. So basically you can necessarily get it in both versions.
I stand corrected. I completely forgot about that one lol
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿

Quote:
Where in the city can I get it? And around what level?
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xolace View Post
Where in the city can I get it? And around what level?
In the garden that can be accessed via a staircase in the Castelia Sewers. The Cottonee (B2) or Petilil (W2) found there are around Level 16-18 and have a 35% encounter rate, making them the most common encounter in the area. Also note that the water is lowered in Autumn/Winter and raised in Spring/Summer, but regardless of that the staircase is easily accessible.

Last edited by Hikamaru; June 22nd, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:14 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
In the garden that can be accessed via a staircase in the Castelia Sewers. The Cottonee found there are around Level 16-18 and have a 35% encounter rate, making them the most common encounter in the area. Also note that the water is lowered in Autumn/Winter and raised in Spring/Summer, but regardless of that the staircase is easily accessible.
Thank you very much! I'll be one step closer to finishing up my team!

Riolu *
Growlithe *
Elekid *
Petilil
Seabass
Gothita

Got the top three just need the others. I'll have to trade for Gothita though. :T
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
How does everyone articulate your words when describing the purpose of your team? I have issues with articulation. I know what I want them to do, but knowing and doing are always two different things with this team.

Also How does one get a tyrogue into a hitmontop out of a adamant nature

Last edited by AdrianD; June 23rd, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Also How does one get a tyrogue into a hitmontop out of a adamant nature
I don't know much about natures or EVs, but I think you should just encourage the lower stat and press B if you are getting the wrong result from the evolution. Just keep trying.
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Cryptonix

I just started playing, caught some pretty cool Pokemon and all, but...it's too complicated to train my Pokemon. There aren't nearly enough trainers behind Virbank City for me to level up efficiently and the Wild Pokemon only go up to Level 7. The Gym leader's Pokemon are 16-18, but my Pokemon are too far behind that even with a good hour of training them all to level 14 back at Floccesy Ranch.

Now I'm at Castelia where the Pokemon in the desert above are too complicated to train with and while me and Hugh are in the sewer, he already has a level 20 Pokemon and my max is 18.

If I just keep trying to progress with my weak Pokemon, I'll just end up ripping my hair out.

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:53 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
I just started playing, caught some pretty cool Pokemon and all, but...it's too complicated to train my Pokemon. There aren't nearly enough trainers behind Virbank City for me to level up efficiently and the Wild Pokemon only go up to Level 7. The Gym leader's Pokemon are 16-18, but my Pokemon are too far behind that even with a good hour of training them all to level 14 back at Floccesy Ranch.

Now I'm at Castelia where the Pokemon in the desert above are too complicated to train with and while me and Hugh are in the sewer, he already has a level 20 Pokemon and my max is 18.

If I just keep trying to progress with my weak Pokemon, I'll just end up ripping my hair out.

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka
Grind. I'm afraid, if you've exhausted every other option, it would be best to switch off your battle animation and battle what ever provides the most experience for you in other areas of the game that you said you can handle efficiently. Keep grinding until you feel your team is at an adequate level to handle whatever comes next.
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka
Get near a patch of grass with out standing in it. Run (press and hold the B button) back and forth until one of the pieces of grass start to shake. Enter the shaking grass and fight Audino. Audino have a large EXP hand out. Only way to train is to grind.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

So...how do I train?

Level 18 Dewott
Level 18 Flaffy
Level 17 Riolu
Level 16 Pidove
Level 15 Darumaka
You have too many pokemon, that's why you are underleveled. The Vibank gym has like 2 pokemon. So you should have 2 main guys and a third catching up.

add new pokes to the team slowly so you level faster.
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

I am training the lv 50 Zapdos. If I EV train it to the max, if I go into wi-fi battles will it register my EV training?
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Zekrom1066
Master of Ideals

Nature: Naughty
If I'm not wrong, you have the option to set your Pokemon to Lv100 when playing Wifi-battles. Your EV training will also be registered.

Naughty Nature Zekrom with 422 Attack stat and 252 Attack EVs traded from Pokemon White Version FTW!!!
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:50 AM
{NM}Redwolf
Rebels against the God

Nature: Quiet
My question more of involves an action replay card. I have one that i use to use on my old DS Lite but when i try to use it in my 3DS for White 2 i keep getting error messages that tell me to turn it off. Is this action replay card no longer compatable with the 3DS?
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:05 AM
simons545
Aspiring Master

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by {NM}Redwolf View Post
My question more of involves an action replay card. I have one that i use to use on my old DS Lite but when i try to use it in my 3DS for White 2 i keep getting error messages that tell me to turn it off. Is this action replay card no longer compatable with the 3DS?
Is that action replay by any chance "action replay ds"? Don't mean to be smart or anything but, its kinda self-explanatory...

Current Pokémon Black 2:
Monobug
Old June 26th, 2013, 07:41 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekrom1066 View Post
If I'm not wrong, you have the option to set your Pokemon to Lv100 when playing Wifi-battles. Your EV training will also be registered.
Sadly, you're wrong here. Level 100 battles weren't implemented in B/W onward. However, level 50 battles still stand.

Old June 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Xolace
✿♥✿

I've decided to use a Scolipede in my main team and am having a hard time deciding between Natures. Jolly and Adamant are two I have at the moment. Scolipede seems to have pretty good Speed on its own however more couldn't hurt.

Any suggestions?
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
@Cryptonix
By behind Virbank you mean Virbank Complex right? The wild Pokemon there are like 10-14, plus there are 6 trainers.

Quote:
I've decided to use a Scolipede in my main team and am having a hard time deciding between Natures. Jolly and Adamant are two I have at the moment. Scolipede seems to have pretty good Speed on its own however more couldn't hurt.

Any suggestions?
Scolipede should outspeed everything in the campaign other than the rare Crobat and the single Jolteon, so Adamant will be more useful.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old June 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Scolipede should outspeed everything in the campaign other than the rare Crobat and the single Jolteon, so Adamant will be more useful.
What about for competitive play? Would Jolly be better? Due to its abundant weaknesses I figure Jolly might come in handy.
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Quote:
What about for competitive play? Would Jolly be better? Due to its abundant weaknesses I figure Jolly might come in handy.
Based on information from its Smogon page, Jolly is the better ability for competitive because it needs all the speed it can get.
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Xolace
✿♥✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Based on information from its Smogon page, Jolly is the better ability for competitive because it needs all the speed it can get.
I felt that might be the case. Now to come up with a sexy move set. :D

Sponsored Links