Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old July 7th, 2013 (01:21 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Ryback:
How to i can play pokemon B2W2 in more speed.
If you are playing on console then there's no way.
If you are playing on emulator, use speed button (Tab because you must play on DeSmuME) and use speed cheats if they are released.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 7th, 2013 (01:53 PM).
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
It's probably because there was one situation where you were trying to steal an item off a Pokemon who has the Sticky Hold ability, like Trubbish or Accelgor. Maybe that's why you couldn't steal the item. It should work against all other Pokemon though.
Old July 7th, 2013 (07:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
The reason you can't steal is because of Dark Gem. The Gem is still on you when you first use the attack. Even though it uses up the item, it was still being held when you first used the attack and until the turn after it treats the Pokemon as holding an item.

Other than that there are abilities the prevents you from stealing from the opponent, but because you were holding an item it blocked you from stealing the first time using it.
Old July 8th, 2013 (10:53 AM).

I'm playing through Pokemon White Version with a view to completing the regional Pokedex, but I don't have wifi connection on my DS. For the version exclusives, starters, fossils etc. I can probably manage with local trades, but for the event Pokemon I'll have to resort to hacking. The problem is, if I were to hack it and have it just appear, there would be no challenge, and no sense of accomplishment. As a result, I was wondering if anyone would mind suggesting a set of hoops for me to jump through to 'unlock' an event Pokemon.

As an example, maybe I would have to defeat the elite four with only an Archeops and Carracosta to unlock Genesect, after which I would allow myself to hack a Genesect into my game. I need 'unlock criteria' for Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, but I'd rather not come up with them for myself, it would feel more of an acheivement to complete a challenge set by something external to myself.

Thanks in advance!
Old July 9th, 2013 (12:34 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Posiden:
I'm playing through Pokemon White Version with a view to completing the regional Pokedex, but I don't have wifi connection on my DS. For the version exclusives, starters, fossils etc. I can probably manage with local trades, but for the event Pokemon I'll have to resort to hacking. The problem is, if I were to hack it and have it just appear, there would be no challenge, and no sense of accomplishment. As a result, I was wondering if anyone would mind suggesting a set of hoops for me to jump through to 'unlock' an event Pokemon.

As an example, maybe I would have to defeat the elite four with only an Archeops and Carracosta to unlock Genesect, after which I would allow myself to hack a Genesect into my game. I need 'unlock criteria' for Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, but I'd rather not come up with them for myself, it would feel more of an acheivement to complete a challenge set by something external to myself.

Thanks in advance!
I don't really think you can do that...
(Not to mention you shouldn't ask this here but in ROM hacking section...)
What you can do is Mystery Gift them so they would look like events =)
But doing "unlock criteria" can only be done by advanced DS hacking which is not that known at the moment...
You can probably ask some DS hackers who managed to hack BW and get some tips from them.

Old July 10th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Why i cant send keys to my newly bought White 2 from my already completed Black 2?
I havent reached the first Gym in White 2 but i want to play in Challenge mode.It cant find another DS.(I am trying to send from a 3ds xl to a Ds lite)

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 10th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
Why i cant send keys to my newly bought White 2 from my already completed Black 2?
I havent reached the first Gym in White 2 but i want to play in Challenge mode.It cant find another DS.(I am trying to send from a 3ds xl to a Ds lite)
You went to "Send and Receive Keys" on both games, correct? Then you have to line up the games with each other, because it sends by Infrared, not normal wireless. Make sure the cartridges themselves are lined up with each other. Then it should work.

Old July 10th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Posiden:

Thanks in advance!
You can get the diploma without the Event Legendaries. I got my diploma, so I know.
Old July 10th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Alliterating Artist

Nature: Quiet
are there any recommended strategies to catch cobalion and the like? i keep either killing it, or dying after using 15+ pokeballs of varied types (and failing, obviously).
i've tried quick, poke, great, ultra, timer, dusk (at night), luxury, heal, and premier balls... i'm extremely reluctant to use a masterball until i gain more than one...

fc: 1075-0821-0618
b2: 3741 0655 5412
name: matsuko

also, i do draw pokemon often. check out my album on here, or go to my deviant art which is linked on my profile!
Old July 10th, 2013 (06:04 PM).

The easiest, but most tedious, way to do it is to save in front of it, then start the battle and use a Quick Ball. If it doesn't work, reload and do it again. Sooner or later, it'll work.

The better way to do it is to set your team up with a catcher or two. Magneton or Magnezone are good, since they can learn Thunderwave (paralysis increases catch rate) and they're pretty bulky. Anything that learns a paralysis move or a sleep move is good, but it has to be bulky, since legendaries hit hard. And a pokemon that learns False Swipe is handy, since that'll never knock a pokemon below 1HP. Samurott, Leavanny, the Axew line, the Pawniard line and the Karrablast line can all learn it. So can Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion, and they actually make really good catchers, since they're tough. But you have to catch one of them first of course.
Old July 10th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
Alliterating Artist

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Arlo:
The easiest, but most tedious, way to do it is to save in front of it, then start the battle and use a Quick Ball. If it doesn't work, reload and do it again. Sooner or later, it'll work.

The better way to do it is to set your team up with a catcher or two. Magneton or Magnezone are good, since they can learn Thunderwave (paralysis increases catch rate) and they're pretty bulky. Anything that learns a paralysis move or a sleep move is good, but it has to be bulky, since legendaries hit hard. And a pokemon that learns False Swipe is handy, since that'll never knock a pokemon below 1HP. Samurott, Leavanny, the Axew line, the Pawniard line and the Karrablast line can all learn it. So can Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion, and they actually make really good catchers, since they're tough. But you have to catch one of them first of course.
thanks, i've pretty much just been saving in front of it, and every time i fail i reload. i've only just been looking into the sleep/paralysis moves today, and i need to level up my magnemite or a grass type that i already have before i can sic them on cobalion. XD

fc: 1075-0821-0618
b2: 3741 0655 5412
name: matsuko

also, i do draw pokemon often. check out my album on here, or go to my deviant art which is linked on my profile!
Old July 11th, 2013 (01:22 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Arlo:

I wouldn't use Mag-line as it survives only 2 Sacred Swords at best...

Old July 11th, 2013 (07:33 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

I still cant unlock challenge mode.Any other suggestions?

Old July 11th, 2013 (10:02 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I still cant unlock challenge mode.Any other suggestions?
If you can't unlock it you are doing something wrong as there is only one way to unlock it. You have to have the games on, select from the main menu the option to interact with the other game, select the keys, select send for the sending copy and receive for the receiving copy.

If that doesn't work you are doin something wrong.
Old July 12th, 2013 (12:11 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
If you can't unlock it you are doing something wrong as there is only one way to unlock it. You have to have the games on, select from the main menu the option to interact with the other game, select the keys, select send for the sending copy and receive for the receiving copy.

If that doesn't work you are doin something wrong.
Thats the point!I dont have different options of send and receive only one that says send and receive in the same Box.
What i am doing:1)Turn both games on(3ds xl and DS lite)
2)Go to Unova Link
3)The single option send and receive keys
4) Wireless communications which always fail

Old July 12th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Thats the point!I dont have different options of send and receive only one that says send and receive in the same Box.
What i am doing:1)Turn both games on(3ds xl and DS lite)
2)Go to Unova Link
3)The single option send and receive keys
4) Wireless communications which always fail
It's not a Wireless thing, it's an IR thing. Which means you have to line up the cartridges themselves with each other or it will never do it. And the games are just supposed to share the keys automatically, it just swaps them, which is why there's only one option, not split options for send and receive. If this still isn't working I honestly don't know what to say. I can't think of anything that would be stopping it.

Old July 12th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
I was wondering if there was anyway to get a Dream World Washibon (Rufflet). As I understand it, it can't be found in the Dream World or AR Searcher (Dream Radar), yet Smogon's movesets for Wargle (Braviary) recommend one use its Dream World ability. Is there anyway to get a Washibon with its Hidden Ability?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old July 12th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
born under saturn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
I was wondering if there was anyway to get a Dream World Washibon (Rufflet). As I understand it, it can't be found in the Dream World or AR Searcher (Dream Radar), yet Smogon's movesets for Wargle (Braviary) recommend one use its Dream World ability. Is there anyway to get a Washibon with its Hidden Ability?
I don't think you can specifically get a Rufflet with Hustle but there is a Braviary on Route 4 that you can catch on Mondays in White 2 that has Defiant. Defiant is Braviary's hidden ability fyi.

EDIT: Dammit I was ninja'd. But at least you have an answer now.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pair
adoption center mentor | fairy-type club
on reduced activity for a while | #radreds

Old July 12th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Jeikobu:
It's impossible to get a Hustle Rufflet, but you can catch a Defiant Braviary only in White 2 on Route 4 on Mondays. It's interactable and not a random encounter, so you just go up and talk to it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Hikari lol.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Pokémon Spiral

Nature: Relaxed
So I soft resettled until I finally found Shiny Cobalion! Is he supposed to be Fatefully met, or not?
Old July 16th, 2013 (09:03 PM).
born under saturn
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ben96atkinson:
So I soft resettled until I finally found Shiny Cobalion! Is he supposed to be Fatefully met, or not?
No sadly it isn't a fateful encounter. It's basically the same as any other Cobalion caught in the game.

Old July 16th, 2013 (09:28 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by matsuko:
are there any recommended strategies to catch cobalion and the like? i keep either killing it, or dying after using 15+ pokeballs of varied types (and failing, obviously).
i've tried quick, poke, great, ultra, timer, dusk (at night), luxury, heal, and premier balls... i'm extremely reluctant to use a masterball until i gain more than one...
Late answer, but basically, paralyze/sleep (I like paralyze better, doesn't wear off), get it to red health, chuck Dusk Balls at it. Takes around 10 balls for me. Ultra Balls only if you need to catch it during the day for some reason, but I don't recommend Ultra Balls anymore after nearly wasting my entire stash on Latios in my B2 run.

Quick question: When is the earliest you can trade in 5th gen games? Would be nice to know for future Mystery Egg runs.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old July 16th, 2013 (09:38 PM).
born under saturn
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Cerberus87:
Quick question: When is the earliest you can trade in 5th gen games? Would be nice to know for future Mystery Egg runs.
As soon as you get your first Gym Badge. The Trio Badge in B/W and the Basic Badge in B2/W2.

This is the case for both local and online trading. It's not as soon as you get the Pokedex like in earlier games.

Old July 18th, 2013 (09:30 AM).

Is there a way to get the iceberg key in pokemon black 2 without using IR connection with another device? I really want regice and regigigas.
Old July 18th, 2013 (10:48 AM).
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
No, there is no other way. Though, possibly by using an AR, but I don't know for sure and wouldn't recommend it.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links