The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenerdmania View Post
is it possible to catch a lotad or catch a lombre to breed a lotad in Black 2?
Lombres can be located in the Hidden Grotto, north of the pond, in Route 3.

However, like all Hidden Grottos, there is only a 20% chance that there will be a Pokemon, and Lobre is one of three possible Pokemon. After the first encounter, you must walk 256 steps in order for there to be a 5% chance of the Grotto regenerating, and then you have a 40% chance of an item or a hidden item appearing, and still only 20% for a Lombre to appear. It's tough, but if you're patient you can do it for sure! c:

The Lombre that appears, however, will have its Hidden Ability, Own Tempo.
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
What's everything you can do after you beat story mode (the champion for the first time) besides PWT and Battle Subway? Also list things like legendaries you can capture. I wouldn't expect someone to be able to name them all, so multiple answers (if the other post didn't mention them) would be appreciated.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
What's everything you can do after you beat story mode (the champion for the first time) besides PWT and Battle Subway? Also list things like legendaries you can capture. I wouldn't expect someone to be able to name them all, so multiple answers (if the other post didn't mention them) would be appreciated.
You can explore the rest of Unova, thus capturing more Pokémon, battle more trainers along the routes you had no access to, and so much more such as run after the Lake guardians (Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf).
Fairy
Old August 7th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
Explore the rest of the map, challenge Black Tower/White Treehollow, build up your Join Avenue, collect Medals, film every movie, finish your dex, battle all of the strong trainers (Alder, Colress, GAMEFREAK, Cynthia, Hugh, Cheren, Bianca, N, Shadow Triad), Musicals, Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

Legendaries:
Regirock, Regigigas, Heatran, Terrakion/Virizion/Cobalion, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Kyurem, Cresselia
B2: Latios, Registeel, Zekrom
W2: Latias, Regice, Reshiram
Special Encounters: Shiny Haxorus, Volcarona

Note you can catch all of the Regis in one game if you are sent the opposite key.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Explore the rest of the map, challenge Black Tower/White Treehollow, build up your Join Avenue, collect Medals, film every movie, finish your dex, battle all of the strong trainers (Alder, Colress, GAMEFREAK, Cynthia, Hugh, Cheren, Bianca, N, Shadow Triad), Musicals, Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

Legendaries:
Regirock, Regigigas, Heatran, Terrakion/Virizion/Cobalion, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Kyurem, Cresselia
B2: Latios, Registeel, Zekrom
W2: Latias, Regice, Reshiram
Special Encounters: Shiny Haxorus, Volcarona

Note you can catch all of the Regis in one game if you are sent the opposite key.
Volcarona can be caught pre-National Dex. You can also get gift Pokemon that can only be obtainable post-game like Adaptability Eevee from Amanita in Castelia and Gible/Dratini from Benga after clearing Area 10 of Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Old August 10th, 2013, 11:19 PM
toxictwinkie
Mini moose will rule you all

I want to watch the finals for the Pokemon World Championships (Which is based in Vancouver) Though I don't know what time to tune in. I live in Melbourne, Australia? Would that be 2am, AEST? I just want to make sure.....

Thanks
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Volcarona can be caught pre-National Dex. You can also get gift Pokemon that can only be obtainable post-game like Adaptability Eevee from Amanita in Castelia and Gible/Dratini from Benga after clearing Area 10 of Black Tower/White Treehollow.
The musketeers can be caught before National Dex too.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 11th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictwinkie View Post
I want to watch the finals for the Pokemon World Championships (Which is based in Vancouver) Though I don't know what time to tune in. I live in Melbourne, Australia? Would that be 2am, AEST? I just want to make sure.....

Thanks
The finals start at 9AM Sunday PDT, which is 2AM Monday AEST. So you were right.

(The stream will be at twitch.tv/pokemon for anyone who was curious.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
The musketeers can be caught before National Dex too.
Yeah, I was just being thorough in response to how the question was worded.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM
MarcBilynk

So I just got my 3ds and I'm playing the 5th gen for the first time, I was passing the driftveil bridge and encountered a Ducklett I was going to try to capture it , and it used leftovers. My question is, can I steal it if I encounter another pokemon with it or something ? I don't know if bug bite may do it, I actually forgot to use it and fainted him lol
thnx
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Bug Bite only steals Berries, and Leftovers isn't a Berry. Thief is your only bet for taking non-Berry items, since you keep them after the battle. Also, wild Ducklett don't hold items.

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:40 PM
MarcBilynk

Yea but it did use it, I never used a cheat or action replay, so must be a weird bug.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Ducklett don't hold Leftovers. It must have used Aqua Ring, which does the same job as Leftovers, restoring 1/16th HP each turn. That's what got you confused.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Cryptonix

Question for anyone: In Pokemon Black 2, does Zekrom always have the same IVs and Nature for every game? I ask this because you can't get it as a Shiny so is it already a pre-determined Pokemon or is there still some RNG involved? I saved after I caught it, so I can't test it.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
Question for anyone: In Pokemon Black 2, does Zekrom always have the same IVs and Nature for every game? I ask this because you can't get it as a Shiny so is it already a pre-determined Pokemon or is there still some RNG involved? I saved after I caught it, so I can't test it.
No. You can save before trying for it, and if it doesn't have the nature/IVs you want you can reset and try again. Same goes for all stationary Pokémon like legendaries and such.
Old August 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptonix View Post
I believe Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are all Shiny Locked in both Gen 5 games. You can't get them shiny by catching them through normal game means.

B/W Kyurem can be Shiny....B2W2 Kyurem I believe cannot. This is because they are story locked into their current sprites. The ones listed below are "impossible" to get Shiny outside of an event or hacking.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok.C3.A9mon
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Juxapose

Hey there Forum. New to the board seeking help and advice on Pokemon.

Today I am asking for advice on an EV related problem.

So I was EV training my Pokemon. I was able to count the exact number of Pokemon I defeated to get exactly 152 EV's on attack only. I have been KOing only Riolu's, Pidoves, Patrats, and Lilipups for about an hour. According to the local guides, each of these Pokemon grants 1 Attack EV point a pop. Since I had a Macho Brace on, I defeated only 76 Pokemon to get 152. Satisfied, I run to the mall to buy 10 proteins to get the last 100 EV points to make 252 attack EV.

But this is when I encountered a problem.

When I try to use my Proteins, the game tells me that the item will have no effect, and my proteins won't get consumed. This tells me that my Pokemon has already reached 255 Attack EV's, which I cannot believe to be possible. I tried to check if maybe in my EV training, my Pokemon might have caught the Pokerus. After checking it's status, nothing tells me that this Pokemon does or ever had the Pokerus.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened?I know I shouldn't complain too much, cause my Pokemon has max attack EV's in less time than expected. But I worry that maybe I ran into a glitch that won't let me max my EV's, especially since I made a strong effort to track my KO pokemon exactly.

Please keep these facts in mind:
I have not battled any Pokemon before training with this Pokemon.
This Pokemon did not take any vitamins before training.
This Pokemon is a Terrakion level 65.
This Pokemon does not have the Pokerus, and there is no indication that it ever had it.
The Pokemon that were battled were Pidove, Riolu, Patrat, and Lilipup. Each grants only 1 EV each to Attack. 76 Pokemon were defeated.
I used a Macho Brace, which doubles EV count.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
To feed a Pokémon proteins and other things like that, its EVs need to be under 100. Since you already have more than 100 EVs in that stat it won't work. You should feed them first and then train.
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Use wings instead of vitamins. As VH said, vitamins only work when your EV is 0-99.
Once it's >99 you can only raise it by training and by wings.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 14th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Just so you know, you can find wings by walking in those shadows on the Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge. Be warned because sometimes they spawn Ducklett or Swanna instead.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cryptonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I believe Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are all Shiny Locked in both Gen 5 games. You can't get them shiny by catching them through normal game means.

B/W Kyurem can be Shiny....B2W2 Kyurem I believe cannot. This is because they are story locked into their current sprites. The ones listed below are "impossible" to get Shiny outside of an event or hacking.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok.C3.A9mon
I know Kyurem can be caught as a Shiny in B2W2. However, you didn't answer my question (though I think someone else did). I was asking if they regardless could still have different natures and IVs if you recapture them.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Stargazer
Now pay me.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Yes, they can have different natures and IVs if you rebattle them after. Those are never set in stone; you can reset for them freely.
Old August 17th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by novachief37 View Post
Yes, they can have different natures and IVs if you rebattle them after. Those are never set in stone; you can reset for them freely.
I wouldn't say "never" but yeah... Kyurem can be soft reset for the desired nature and IVs.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 17th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Juxapose

Thanks for answering my previous question. Now I have another opinion based question.

I just hatched a Growlithe. When it was born, it had Decent IV scores (which is the lowest rank). But the highest IV's are Attack and Speed with 26/33 each. These are pretty nice IV stats, but the other stats are pretty low except special defense which is a moderate score of 19.

My question is: Should I go ahead and EV train this Pokemon? Or should I keep breeding for a better Growlithe?
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:25 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
Thanks for answering my previous question. Now I have another opinion based question.

I just hatched a Growlithe. When it was born, it had Decent IV scores (which is the lowest rank). But the highest IV's are Attack and Speed with 26/33 each. These are pretty nice IV stats, but the other stats are pretty low except special defense which is a moderate score of 19.

My question is: Should I go ahead and EV train this Pokemon? Or should I keep breeding for a better Growlithe?
Attack and Speed are all that you should care about on Growlithe. Nothing else. Also, the max IV a Pokemon can have is 31.

Old August 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
umbryan

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to umbryan
I started out the game with an Oshawatt and I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon I should get next! My friend suggested Riolu as a good addition, what do you all think?

Team: (The Cute & The Fluffy)

Paris- Female Furfrou
Sam- Male Togekiss
Blueberry- Female Altaria
Logan- Male Flareon
Ramchop IV- Female Ampharos
Mademoiselle- Female Gardevoir (MEGA) (SHINY)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here