The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:58 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Did you take one step back from where your Dowsing Machine says the item is, face the same spot, and hit A there? It's a hidden Sun Stone in that room (which I just picked up myself), and you don't have to do anything but hit A while facing the spot the Dowsing Machine pings in.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
While exploring Relic Castle, I got a "ping" from the Dowsing Machine; however, my screenshot didn't reveal any item where I was standing. What do I do to get this hidden object when the usual "press A" doesn't work?
Aren't you just standing on it?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I'm not sure whether I should post here or start a new thread about this. But the fact that I have doubt probably means I should post this here:

After beating the Elite 4 once in Black 2, the only thing I've done is Black Tower and Battle Subway. Before moving on to XY, I want to finish up every other sidequest, etc. in the game. Can you guys name as many things to do after story mode?
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
I'm not sure whether I should post here or start a new thread about this. But the fact that I have doubt probably means I should post this here:

After beating the Elite 4 once in Black 2, the only thing I've done is Black Tower and Battle Subway. Before moving on to XY, I want to finish up every other sidequest, etc. in the game. Can you guys name as many things to do after story mode?
Well, there's the south-eastern side of Unova, as well as the area around Icirrus City and Twist Mountain where you can battle very powerful trainers and catch even more Pokemon. There's also a tag battle with Cilan, Cress and Chili in Striaton City, more battles you can do at the Pokemon World Tournament, the Dropped Item sidequest involving Yancy/Curtis, you can build up your Join Avenue, and also catch several Legendary Pokemon including Latias/Latios, Heatran, the Lake Guardians, Reshiram/Zekrom, Kyurem as well as the Regis, and if you have all three Regis in your team you can also catch Regigigas.
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Well, there's the south-eastern side of Unova, as well as the area around Icirrus City and Twist Mountain where you can battle very powerful trainers and catch even more Pokemon. There's also a tag battle with Cilan, Cress and Chili in Striaton City, more battles you can do at the Pokemon World Tournament, the Dropped Item sidequest involving Yancy/Curtis, you can build up your Join Avenue, and also catch several Legendary Pokemon including Latias/Latios, Heatran, the Lake Guardians, Reshiram/Zekrom, Kyurem as well as the Regis, and if you have all three Regis in your team you can also catch Regigigas.
Aside from Hikari's suggestions, if you haven't finished the filming in Pokéstar Studios, then it's your time to shine!
There's also Pokemon Musical, Medal Rally. Completing both National and Unova Pokedex grants you special items, so look forward to that!
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:35 AM
BourbonWhiskey
Pokemon Trainer Since 1998

Is it possible to get a Shiny from someone in this game?

FOR TRADE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JcTlORmc#gid=0

3DS Friend Code: 2380 4375 5632
3DS Friend Code: 5215-0717-7839
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonWhiskey View Post
Is it possible to get a Shiny from someone in this game?
After winning Benga in Black Tower(B2)/White Treehollow(W2) for the very first time,
he will give you a Pokemon in Alder's house depending on which version you are playing:
  • B2 Gible
  • W2 Dratini
Note that both giveaways are shiny.

After seeing all non-event Unova Pokemon (Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect not included).,
you will obtain a Permit from Aurea Juniper to visit Nature Preserve.
There you can catch the one and only shiny Haxorus.
Old August 24th, 2013, 02:24 AM
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
can every pokemon in the field egg group learn any egg move due to smergle? Or is it just for combos like, eevee's moves are helping hand, tackle, tailwhip, and detect (the egg move)
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne1571 View Post
can every pokemon in the field egg group learn any egg move due to smergle? Or is it just for combos like, eevee's moves are helping hand, tackle, tailwhip, and detect (the egg move)
Not every move of male Smeargle will pass on the offspring.
For example a male Smeargle knowing the move Hydro Pump will not pass it to an Eevee offspring.
But if it sketched the moves like Yawn or Wish it will pass to the Eevee offspring.

If the Smeargle knows a move that the offspring can learn only by breeding, the offspring will be born knowing the move.
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:25 AM
White Raven
Working on The Mysterious Meteorite

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
Not every move of male Smeargle will pass on the offspring.
For example a male Smeargle knowing the move Hydro Pump will not pass it to an Eevee offspring.
But if it sketched the moves like Yawn or Wish it will pass to the Eevee offspring.

If the Smeargle knows a move that the offspring can learn only by breeding, the offspring will be born knowing the move.
THANK YOU!!!! No more breeding for false swipe.
Old August 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
So I do a lot of breeding, and thought it would be worth while to get myself a nursery in my Join Ave to help things along.

It has been extremely helpful, as I can basically go from being handed an egg to it hatching in about 3 minutes (even with 41 egg cycles). This also means I can reset for egg IVs/natures right? Because the IVs and natures are generated when you are handed the egg?

Nay nay. I saved right before getting the egg from the day-care, then flew to Join Ave and hatched it at the nursery. Checked the IVs and they weren't what I wanted, so I soft reset. Repeated the process and...

got the same exact nature and IVs. Not gender though...

So I decided to try again and hatch the egg normally. It ALSO had the same nature and stats.

So what's going on? I thought everything about an egg was determined when you receive it from the daycare, not when it was first generated in the day-care. Did this change for gen 5 or something? Or did I encounter a glitch somewhere along the way?
Since nobody seems to have answered this, i'll do it.

Sorry to say, but yes, this is in fact the case with B2/W2. When the first egg is generated, its IVs and ability are set no matter what you do. In fact, even if you reset before putting the two Pokémon in (same items and everything), the egg will still be the same. That means you literally have to skip the first egg of each batch to try for the egg you want. :/ That's another one of my few complaints with the game - the way the breeding system was kinda nerfed.
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
Here's an interesting question.

SO I'm trying to breed Metagross to hatch a good Beldum with proper IV scores and Adamant nature. But since both Ditto and Metagross are genderless Pokemon, I can't take advantage of the mother passing down it's nature to offspring.

Anyone has any tricks to breed Beldums with only Adamant Nature?
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
Here's an interesting question.

SO I'm trying to breed Metagross to hatch a good Beldum with proper IV scores and Adamant nature. But since both Ditto and Metagross are genderless Pokemon, I can't take advantage of the mother passing down it's nature to offspring.

Anyone has any tricks to breed Beldums with only Adamant Nature?
Please correct me if I'm wrong,
the mechanic of breeding a Starmie for Staryu,
is just like a breeding a Metagross for Beldum, right?
Because I have no problem of passing its Timid Nature to its offsprings.

I have a lot of them, would you like one?
Old August 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Would the actual species being bred be the one that is considered female in that instance?

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Would the actual species being bred be the one that is considered female in that instance?
If memory serves right,
that was also what bulbapedia said,
last time I checked about genderless-yet breed-able Pokemon.
However my personal experience said different,
it contradicted bulbapedia,
by my Staryu offspring having all TM moves as 'Egg Moves'.
Which makes the Starmie male -- since we know that TM moves and Egg Moves must be learnt by the father.

Note that starting in Gen IV,
male Pokemon are also able to pass Natures in breeding with an Everstone,
like their female counterparts.

I don't have a precise answer for him,
but still my answer still stands for Pokemon like Metagross,
are able to pass their Nature with Everstone.

Last edited by Fiery Dash; August 24th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old August 24th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
I don't have a precise answer for him,
but still my answer still stands for Pokemon like Metagross,
are able to pass their Nature with Everstone.
Yep. This is it.
He should give either Ditto or Metagross the Everstone to pass nature.

Old August 25th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Can the move tutor teach moves to Pokemon that never got high leveled enough to learn them in previous forms? If not, what moves of Pokemon that evolve via stone/trade is irreplaceable?
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
Can the move tutor teach moves to Pokemon that never got high leveled enough to learn them in previous forms? If not, what moves of Pokemon that evolve via stone/trade is irreplaceable?
Move tutor can teach any move that Pokemon has in its movepool (refer to bulbapedia or serebii) so if evolved form has move X in its movepool, move tutor can teach it.
And no move is irreplaceable... why would it even be? You plan moveset for your pokemon.
Obviously if you need a move that only pre-evolved form can learn, you need to get it from the pre-evolved Pokemon.

Old August 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Cryptonix

This question's for anyone familiar with 5th generation RNG. I've recently discovered how to RNG Abuse in Pokemon Emerald and I've used it to catch most of the legendaries and other set-location Pokemon like the starters as shiny Pokemon.

I, however, will not be using RNG Abuse in 5th generation and I've reverted back to soft-resetting. My question is: Do shiny frames always stay the same throughout the games in B2W2? In Emerald, RNG frames were always the same and what they were depended on your ID and SID. While I think the basis of that is still present, I don't know if the frames remain the same throughout the game despite the same ID and SID.

I ask this because if they remain the same, then I probably don't have the right RNG frame to soft-reset.
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Corrosive
Conspiracy Realist

Nature: Careful
My sincere apologies if this is in the incorrect forum/thread, but is the Global Link website down for anyone else? It's been in "maintenance" for 3 hours or more now and I was wondering if this is a usual thing; i've barely just started doing Dream World yesterday.

Edit: Just found the Maintenance page from the official site, and it shows Maint. being from 3 am to 7 am Tuesdays EST. Will that still be happening in light of this downtime?

Last edited by Corrosive; August 26th, 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Gained info.
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
My sincere apologies if this is in the incorrect forum/thread, but is the Global Link website down for anyone else? It's been in "maintenance" for 3 hours or more now and I was wondering if this is a usual thing; i've barely just started doing Dream World yesterday.

Edit: Just found the Maintenance page from the official site, and it shows Maint. being from 3 am to 7 am Tuesdays EST. Will that still be happening in light of this downtime?
GLB is on maintenance for every Tuesday, though please note that DW for Generation V games will be shutting down soon for less than 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon.com
Japan and Korea: Tuesdays 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. JST/KST
US: Tuesdays 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT
UK: Tuesdays 7 a.m. to Wednesdays 1 a.m. UTC
Australia: Tuesdays 3 p.m. to Wednesdays 9 p.m. AWST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
The Pokémon Global Link will be closed for maintenance from Oct. 1 to 12, 2013. After this maintenance, users will not be able to sign up for new accounts, and players will not have access to the demo nor be able to add additional games to their accounts. On Dec. 10, 2013, players will no longer be able to tuck in new Pokémon, although Pokémon currently tucked in can be played with and woken up. On Jan. 14, 2014, all services offered by the Global Link will be shut down, except the player's ability to untuck Pokémon. This means that players will no longer be able to change their C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, or Pokédex skin.
The GTS will not be affected by this closure, except that the trade history will no longer be viewable. Random Matchup Rating Mode will be shut down, although Free Mode will still be available.
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Juxapose

Thanks for answering my earlier question. Noww another opinion based question. I pretty much know the answer already, but I need someone's feed back.

I got myself a teddiursa, and I want to EV train it. But it's a Hardy nature, which I cannot get any bonuses from it's nature. It has a nice IV score, but it can be better with patience. It's IV scores are:
HP: 14
Attack:23
Defense: 20
Sp.Def:14
(It has a high special attack IV score of 22, but why does it need it?)

So I ask, What should I do with this Pokemon? Should I EV train, and live without the 10% bonus to one of it's main 3 stats?

Should I breed this Pokemon, and get a Adamant/Impish/Careful nature (and pray that I get a Pokemon with IV scores this nice)?
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Thanks for answering my earlier question. Noww another opinion based question. I pretty much know the answer already, but I need someone's feed back.

I got myself a teddiursa, and I want to EV train it. But it's a Hardy nature, which I cannot get any bonuses from it's nature. It has a nice IV score, but it can be better with patience. It's IV scores are:
HP: 14
Attack:23
Defense: 20
Sp.Def:14
(It has a high special attack IV score of 22, but why does it need it?)

So I ask, What should I do with this Pokemon? Should I EV train, and live without the 10% bonus to one of it's main 3 stats?

Should I breed this Pokemon, and get a Adamant/Impish/Careful nature (and pray that I get a Pokemon with IV scores this nice)?
My method and advice is this way,
for now I'll considering that Teddiusa is male.
If you have an Adamant Ditto then have it attached with an Everstone to pass the Nature.
Keep breeding it till you get the desired IV or you could just RNG it if you know how to.

If your Teddiusa is a female, while lacking an Adamant Ditto.
You can instead look for a Pokemon that is in the same egg group as Teddi with an Adamant Nature,
then have that male Pokemon hold the Everstone.
If you are playing BW2 the passing percentage of Nature with Everstone held is 100%.

Hope that helps you a lot!
Old August 27th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Juxapose

Thanks for your answer. Turns out that my Teddiursa has an ability which I do not like. So either way, I need to breed it in order to get the "Guts" ability anyway.

My Ditto is Serious Nature, which means I'll either need to recatch a Ditto with the proper nature, or just keep breeding Teddiursa until an Adamant one is born.

So my next question is: What is RNG?

Quote:
Keep breeding it till you get the desired IV or you could just RNG it if you know how to.
Old August 27th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Thanks for your answer. Turns out that my Teddiursa has an ability which I do not like. So either way, I need to breed it in order to get the "Guts" ability anyway.

My Ditto is Serious Nature, which means I'll either need to recatch a Ditto with the proper nature, or just keep breeding Teddiursa until an Adamant one is born.

So my next question is: What is RNG?
This is the answer that I quote from the RNG expert himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
RNG is short for Random Number Generator and is what is responsible for how everything in the game is generated. The RNG in Pokemon games can be manipulated so you can obtain the exact Pokemon you want. More info can be found here in this thread. As for what others want when trading, you can browse through the shops to get a feel for what others have and want. Hope this answers your questions.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links