The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Corrosive
Conspiracy Realist

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
GLB is on maintenance for every Tuesday, though please note that DW for Generation V games will be shutting down soon for less than 2 months.
I found that out, my problem is GLB, for me, has been under maintenance from about 7pm Central Standard Time last night, all the way until now, where it's still under maintenance. I'm trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing this =/
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
I found that out, my problem is GLB, for me, has been under maintenance from about 7pm Central Standard Time last night, all the way until now, where it's still under maintenance. I'm trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing this =/
But the web page itself is working, right?(sorry for this question, but I couldn't access PGL with my phone!)
When I said working I meant it by you can log in already, to clarify.
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Corrosive
Conspiracy Realist

Nature: Careful
Unfortunately I can't log in at all. The log in spot on the left still says the page is undergoing maintenance ;;
Old August 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I just checked myself, and I can't log into the Global Link website either. The website itself is still up, but there's no option to log-in. I can still log-in for the actual Pokemon website, but the Global Link says under maintenance. Best thing to do is see if it'll be back up tomorrow, when the people working on the servers had some time to look at it and see what's going on.

It's a good thing I gave up on getting those Dream World medals!
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
Unfortunately I can't log in at all. The log in spot on the left still says the page is undergoing maintenance ;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I just checked myself, and I can't log into the Global Link website either. The website itself is still up, but there's no option to log-in. I can still log-in for the actual Pokemon website, but the Global Link says under maintenance. Best thing to do is see if it'll be back up tomorrow, when the people working on the servers had some time to look at it and see what's going on.

In fact I also checked 15 minutes ago, the site is still in maintenance, despite it's already Wednesday and about 4PM in Japan now.

I'm sure some a--hole must have pressed a wrong button and screwed up the data or program. It's Nintendo/Game Freak's fault so there is not much we can do about it currently.

Personally I thought Gen V DW's gonna 'bye-bye a go-go' for less than 2 months, but they even disabled the site for one more day for us(albeit intended or not), which is unacceptable. They should apologize by giving us the unreleased DW starters.
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post

I still think it is asinine that they would tie medals into something that they planned to shut down eventually. It basically means that, in order to achieve 100% completion someday, one must *gasp* cheat.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Fiery Dash

That brings up my question, lol.
Please list the Dream World related Medals,
including those Medals that have to do with Entree Forest.

Thank you so much!
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Here's what I see, though I just did a quick glance:

Dozing Capture - Catch 1 Pokémon within the Entralink
Sleeping Capture - Catch 10 Pokémon within the Entralink
Deep Sleep Capture - Catch 50 Pokémon within the Entralink
Sweet Dreamer - Catch 100 Pokémon within the Entralink

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
Here's a Hard one. I like the move assurance, but it does double damage when the victim took damage before using the move.

Besides the obvious (Rock helmet/Recoil moves, None of these would work anyway because the Pokemon learning this move is faster than most opposing Pokemon) how do I make a pokemon take damage before assurance hits?
Old August 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxapose View Post
Here's a Hard one. I like the move assurance, but it does double damage when the victim took damage before using the move.

Besides the obvious (Rock helmet/Recoil moves, None of these would work anyway because the Pokemon learning this move is faster than most opposing Pokemon) how do I make a pokemon take damage before assurance hits?
Use Stealth Rock/Spikes on the turn before using Assurance, would do the trick.
When your opponent send out their second Pokemon,
you are aware that SR and Spikes will cut the opponent's Pokemon's HP for a little, right?
That is the time you should be using Assurance.
One of the few Pokemon that I remember who can learn both SR and Assurance is Donphan!
You may consider this Pokemon for your team!
Old August 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Juxapose

Quote:
Use Stealth Rock/Spikes on the turn before using Assurance, would do the trick.
When your opponent send out their second Pokemon,
you are aware that SR and Spikes will cut the opponent's Pokemon's HP for a little, right?
That is the time you should be using Assurance.
One of the few Pokemon that I remember who can learn both SR and Assurance is Donphan!
You may consider this Pokemon for your team!
I didn't think SR/Spike damage would count, since the damage would be done before you would choose assurance as an attack. I will give that a try, see where that leads.
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
I didn't think SR/Spike damage would count, since the damage would be done before you would choose assurance as an attack. I will give that a try, see where that leads.
I'm sorry if I'm not clear,
here's a rundown example.
Turn 1: Stealth Rock/Spikes turn.
Turn 2: Opposite party switched Pokemon, HP cut down a bit by hazards.
You should be using Assurance this turn.

Alternative way:
Turn 1: Foe received recoil from its moves/item/attack itself due to confuse before launching Assurance. (All must happen in the same turn.)

Thus condition like Poison and Burn does not work, since they reduce the foe's HP on turn end.

Hope that clarifies for a bit.
Old August 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Juxapose

New question. If a Mamoswine and an Arcanine both trained for speed go in a match, is it possible for the Mamoswine to outspeed an Arcanine?
Old August 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
New question. If a Mamoswine and an Arcanine both trained for speed go in a match, is it possible for the Mamoswine to outspeed an Arcanine?
Arcanine's base Speed is 95. Mamoswine's base Speed is 80. So Arcanine always goes before Mamoswine. At level 100, Mamoswine's max Speed (with a Jolly nature) is 284, while Arcanine's max Speed at level 100 (with an Adamant nature) is 289. In other words, Arcanine is guaranteed to outspeed Mamoswine unless Mamoswine carries Choice Scarf or is Baton Passed a Speed boost or two.

Old August 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Juxapose

Thanks for the quick answer. Reason I asked is because While I was battling via Wifi, My Ungramax (Level 50 Arcanine) with 252 Speed EV and 26 Speed IV was outsped by a level 50 Mamoswine. Just wanted to double check before I scream HAX!!

Because the mamoswine attacked first, I lost the battle. If my Arcanine would have attacked first like it was supposed to, I would have won the battle.
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Thanks for the quick answer. Reason I asked is because While I was battling via Wifi, My Ungramax (Level 50 Arcanine) with 252 Speed EV and 26 Speed IV was outsped by a level 50 Mamoswine. Just wanted to double check before I scream HAX!!

Because the mamoswine attacked first, I lost the battle. If my Arcanine would have attacked first like it was supposed to, I would have won the battle.
Wasn't priority of attack the case?
Mamoswine is almost always played with Ice Shard which gets priority.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Juxapose

No, my opponent used Earthquake. Earthquake has no priority bonuses. Plus Ice shard would not have 1-hit KO my Arcanine since it is resistant to ice attacks.
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
No, my opponent used Earthquake. Earthquake has no priority bonuses. Plus Ice shard would not have 1-hit KO my Arcanine since it is resistant to ice attacks.
I guess he was using a Choice Scarf, it boosts the user's Speed but locks them into one attack.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old August 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Juxapose

He used a different attack against my second Pokemon >.>
Old August 30th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
He used a different attack against my second Pokemon >.>
There's a chance that the Mamoswine's stat's were hacked then,
since it was not stat boosted by items, baton pass and by itself.

Last edited by Fiery Dash; August 30th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old August 30th, 2013, 06:11 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
There's a chance that the Mamoswine's stat's were hacked then,
since it was not stat boosted by items, baton pass and by itself.
I don't think that's the case. Juxapose previously said that his Arcanine had a 26 Speed IV. The opposing Mamoswine could have had a perfect Speed IV, with max EVs, allowing it to outspeed Arcanine.

Old August 30th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Fiery Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I don't think that's the case. Juxapose previously said that his Arcanine had a 26 Speed IV. The opposing Mamoswine could have had a perfect Speed IV, with max EVs, allowing it to outspeed Arcanine.
Don't worry I said there's a chance!

Though you might be right!

Comparison of stat by Speed,
  • Mamoswine in Speed IV 31
  • Mamoswine in Speed boosting nature + full EV train in Speed: 145

Ungramax's Speed IV 26
  • Arcanine in Speed boosting nature + full EV train in Speed: 158
  • Arcanine not in Speed boosting nature + but with full EV train in Speed: 144

*All in Level 50, full IV , credit: calculated with IV Calculator from serebii.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

If you use a berry during an online match do you get to keep it after it?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Yes, if it's over Wi-fi you'll get it back afterward. Same goes for all one-time items like Focus Sash and such.
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Juxapose

I'm pretty sure this was already asked somewhere, but I couldn't find the post that answered it.

Okay, money is starting to be an issue in my games. Services at Join Avenue, Vitamins, Full restores and other expenses have wiped me clean. Does anyone have any advice to get more.

Please no Gameshark codes or the likes.

Before anyone points at the Underwater temple and go treasure hunting, I have already done that for both my games.

Rechallenging the Elite 4 is time consuming, and it costs money unless I have a team of Level 100 Pokemon. My team is still level 85-ish, and still receive nasty damage from the Elite 4 and champion.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here