The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonWhiskey View Post
Where should I EV Train the Shiny Gible I just got at lvl1? I wanna use him for competitive battling.

Also, how will the EV be distributed if 2 Pokemon gained experience in battle? Will the 2 EV Points be divided to the two Pokemon? (1 each?)
EV train it at Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Patrat, Lillipup, Pidove and Riolu provide 1 Attack EV each; you have a 60% chance of running into one of them). For Speed, EV train by Surfing at the pond in Route 19; the Basculin there provide 2 Speed EVs each. But first, I'd recommend battling a high level Audino to level Gible up to an acceptable level for battling. (send Gible in first, preferably holding the Lucky Egg, then switch to something else that can take Audino). While you're doing the EV training, I'd recommend giving Gible the Power Bracer, then the Power Anklet (or vice-versa; make sure that while you EV train for Attack, use the Bracer and for Speed, use the Anklet).

If two Pokemon participate in the same battle, they still gain EVs from that battle.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
What stats are you planning to raise?

Attack power: I'd train at Victory Road and fight Golurk and Banett. Each gives you 2 attack EV each, and if you have a ghost Pokemon, you can quickly dispose of them while transfering the EV points via EXP share.

If you want Gible to fight them on it's own, place it in the Daycare until around level 50. Then teach it Shadow Claw, and make it wear Macho Brace (4 attack EV) or the EV power item (I can't remember it's name, but you buy it at PWT or Battle Subway. It gets you 6 attack EV a pop!)

When 2 Pokemon gain exp in battle, each Pokemon gains the full EV count, and are not divided in any way. So it is in your best interest to use EXP share to EV train 2 Pokemon at one time. Note: the Pokemon using EXP share cannot hold macho Brace or any Power item.
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:14 AM
rex862
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
is it possible to get soul dew in the game? now that latias and latios are in the game? cant find a definitive answer on thee web
Yes if you Capture Latios/Latias They are carrying a soul dew :3

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex862 View Post
Yes if you Capture Latios/Latias They are carrying a soul dew :3
Correction: They're not holding the item as soon as you catch it. It's dropped by either one of them as an overworld item after you catch/defeat them.

Old September 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I just wanna say one thing before this continues any further,

I believe this will be my second time doing this, but I know it will be my last. A lot of the questions I have recently seen pop up here in both Quick Questions threads have been pretty off topic from the Fifth Generation. If you have a small question concerning Black and White, or Black 2 and White 2, please, post them in their respective Quick Questions thread. Otherwise, if you have questions about such things as EV/IVs, damage calculation, Hidden Power calculation, ROMs, trading, competitive battling of any kind, in-game team help, which of the Fifth Generation games you should buy, do not post them here.

Competitive Battling help can be found here: Battle Center
Trading Pokemon can be found here: Trade Corner
In-Game Team Help can be found here: In-Game Team Help thread
Other Pokemon General Gaming topics can be found here: Pokemon Gaming Central

If in no way your question does not specifically, 100% deal with the Fifth Generation, such as Pokemon locations, Pokemon movesets, Pokemon etc, trainers, gym leaders, characters, areas, item locations, what to do next, etc, your post will be deleted, and you will receive a warning from here on out.
Old September 29th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Andrew Shard
Shards of Fury

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
EV train it at Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Patrat, Lillipup, Pidove and Riolu provide 1 Attack EV each; you have a 60% chance of running into one of them). For Speed, EV train by Surfing at the pond in Route 19; the Basculin there provide 2 Speed EVs each. But first, I'd recommend battling a high level Audino to level Gible up to an acceptable level for battling. (send Gible in first, preferably holding the Lucky Egg, then switch to something else that can take Audino). While you're doing the EV training, I'd recommend giving Gible the Power Bracer, then the Power Anklet (or vice-versa; make sure that while you EV train for Attack, use the Bracer and for Speed, use the Anklet).

If two Pokemon participate in the same battle, they still gain EVs from that battle.
No! If you train with audino, I will gain HP points! And you don't want that at least before attack and speed! give rare candys or let it in the day care to level 10 or something. It won't gain EV points there
Old September 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM
James169

Is it possible to get black/white/black 2/white 2 on nintendo e shop ?
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
bleri1200
Bleri

So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a few questions before I start if you only know the answer to one that is ok.

1. Is there a way for me to "force" multiscale on to my Dragonite when it evolves? For example can I save before the evolution and if it is not mutiscale I can restart or would that not work?

2. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:06 PM
ParanoidPenguin

Nature: Lax
Sadly no, they are not on the eShop. The eShop doesn't carry DS games (except for DSiWare)
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Unfortunately not

Nintendo would be raking in the $ if they were offered, though
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleri1200 View Post
So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a few questions before I start if you only know the answer to one that is ok.

1. Is there a way for me to "force" multiscale on to my Dragonite when it evolves? For example can I save before the evolution and if it is not mutiscale I can restart or would that not work?

2. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134
For the Battle and EV training oriented...please go to Battle Center...about your question on abilities:

If your Dratini has Shed Skin, it will evolve into a Dragonite with Inner Focus. If Dratini has Marvel Scale it will evolve intoa Dragonite with Multiscale.

You cannot manipulate the ability once it is on a Pokemon and all Pokemon follow a set pathway with abilities.
Old October 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Ohad1th

Sorry for the noob question
but How do i get the national pokedex at pokemon white 2 ?
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 pokedex and I really tried everything and I don't understand how I get the full national pokedex , already talked to both Junipers , got the permit to get the shiny haxuros
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Stargazer
Y'know that i'm a crazy b****, I do what I want when I feel like it.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
I may not be getting what you're asking here, but you SHOULD get the National Pokédex, which allows you to see Pokémon not native to the Unova Dex, after you've beaten Iris. If that's not what you're asking, i'm not really sure, sorry.
Masuda Method #1 - Shiny Noibat, 2/12/14, 174 eggs
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
bleri1200
Bleri

Now that I know what to do for my stats, I need some good wild pokemon to defeat to get Attack, Speed, Hp and Defense EVs. Any pokemon in mind and can I have some EV training tips for a level 1 Dratini (ex. use exp share or no?)
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:08 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleri1200 View Post
Now that I know what to do for my stats, I need some good wild pokemon to defeat to get Attack, Speed, Hp and Defense EVs. Any pokemon in mind and can I have some EV training tips for a level 1 Dratini (ex. use exp share or no?)
Bring Dratini against a wild Audino first (preferably one with a high level, like in one of the post-game areas), then switch to something that can take it out. Dratini will then gain enough EXP to get to an acceptable level in which it can battle on its own (having Dratini hold the Lucky Egg is highly recommended, as it increases the EXP it gains).

Once that's out of the way, EV train in the following places:
-Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Lillipup, Patrat, Riolu and Pidove give 1 Attack EV each)
-Surf in the pond at Route 19 (Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs each)

Old October 1st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Ohad1th

anyone knows how do i get the national pokedex ???
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 dex and cought the shiny haxuros with the permit juniper gave me but I still don't have the national dex and most pokemon are numberless after i catch them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by novachief37 View Post
I may not be getting what you're asking here, but you SHOULD get the National Pokédex, which allows you to see Pokémon not native to the Unova Dex, after you've beaten Iris. If that's not what you're asking, i'm not really sure, sorry.
I already beat Iris and I can see pokemon not from Unova but they don't have a number in the pokedex
when I see their details they have question marks over their name as their dex number

Last edited by Ohad1th; October 1st, 2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohad1th View Post
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 dex and cought the shiny haxuros with the permit juniper gave me but I still don't have the national dex and most pokemon are numberless after i catch them...

I already beat Iris and I can see pokemon not from Unova but they don't have a number in the pokedex
when I see their details they have question marks over their name as their dex number
You get the National Dex from Cedric Juniper when you leave your room (at your house in Aspertia).

Old October 1st, 2013, 09:00 PM
Fiery Dash

Quote:

If you beat the Champion, you will be granted a National Dex by Cedric, upon exiting your house in Apertia.

For those question mark names, it means you have not seen them or caught them.
To see them:
- You can migrate your Pokemon from Gen IV games to your Gen V game;
- Battle trainers that uses non-Unova Pokemon (Battle facilities do NOT apply here);
- Trade with people in real life, Wi-Fi with PokeCommunity members or wireless/IR trading with friends;
- Dream World method, which is currently being in maintenance til OCT 12, and will be closing permanent after few weeks.(For details please visit Pokemon Global Link official website).
- Some non-Unova Pokemon will appear in some post game locations, like Striaton City. Some will appear as "Mass Outbreak".

Note that ALL above answers shall NOT 'unlock' ALL non-Unova Pokemon at once. Rather than for example, if you saw a Dratini, then you will be able to see it's Area, Cry, Forms and detailed Info if you caught it.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
Ohad1th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Dash View Post
If you beat the Champion, you will be granted a National Dex by Cedric, upon exiting your house in Apertia.

For those question mark names, it means you have not seen them or caught them.
To see them:
- You can migrate your Pokemon from Gen IV games to your Gen V game;
- Battle trainers that uses non-Unova Pokemon (Battle facilities do NOT apply here);
- Trade with people in real life, Wi-Fi with PokeCommunity members or wireless/IR trading with friends;
- Dream World method, which is currently being in maintenance til OCT 12, and will be closing permanent after few weeks.(For details please visit Pokemon Global Link official website).
- Some non-Unova Pokemon will appear in some post game locations, like Striaton City. Some will appear as "Mass Outbreak".

Note that ALL above answers shall NOT 'unlock' ALL non-Unova Pokemon at once. Rather than for example, if you saw a Dratini, then you will be able to see it's Area, Cry, Forms and detailed Info if you caught it.
Dude I see question marks on pokemon I have , I cought a Nuzleaf on the island with the shiny Haxuros and when I cought him got him out of the PC he didn't have a number he had question marks, And nothing happened after I talked to Juniper he just asked me how many pokemon I cought...
Old October 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Dude I see question marks on pokemon I have , I cought a Nuzleaf on the island with the shiny Haxuros and when I cought him got him out of the PC he didn't have a number he had question marks, And nothing happened after I talked to Juniper he just asked me how many pokemon I cought...
Can you please include a screen cap?
So we can all see what's the problem you are facing.

CSS originally by laugh
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:14 AM
uchinio

Hello everyone

Well i have this shiny charizard which is incredibly strong
its Iv's seem to be maxxed and the ev's are also very well balanced between special attack and speed
I traded it for my shiny rayquaza which wasnt nearly that strong. Its in a pokeball, met at lvl 5 and all that stuff, but just the stats are kinda too good.
So i want to know if my charizard is hacked and what i should do about it.
i dont want to release it, so if it is hacked, is it detectable?
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
^I've moved your question into the Quick Questions thread.

Can you post the nature, level, HP, and stats? It could be within the possible stat ranges, or it could be hacked like you suspect. You'll have some difficulty using it in battle tournaments or trading. Owning a hacked Pokemon won't corrupt your save file, though.

There is also a website where you can send your Charizard to using the GTS. Follow the directions and click Legality Analysis to see if it's hacked. https://www.pokecheck.org/
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:33 AM
uchinio

well the stats are:
hp: 298
attack:183
defense:192
special attack: 348
special defense: 205
speed: 299
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:36 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchinio View Post
well the stats are:
hp: 298
attack:183
defense:192
special attack: 348
special defense: 205
speed: 299
Those stats are legit. Link to Charizard's max stats. Min = 31 IVs without investment and neutral nature; max = 31 IVs with max investment and neutral nature; max + = 31 IVs with max investment and positive nature

Old October 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM
bleri1200
Bleri

How do I get Registeel? (I have White 2). I know that I have to get someone elses Iron Key but I do not know how... And is anyone willing to give me an Iron Key?

Sponsored Links