Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2013 (09:15 PM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by bleri1200:
How do I get Registeel? (I have White 2). I know that I have to get someone elses Iron Key but I do not know how... And is anyone willing to give me an Iron Key?
You can't trade the keys over wi-fi I'm afraid. You need a second DS to trade the keys over. But yes you do need the Iron Key, but you have to trade it over from Black 2.
Old October 6th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Nature: Relaxed
I encountered a Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It had this green shine when it appeared, kind of like a Zoroark that enters battle without a disquise. The text said "A wild Joltik appeared!?" What does this mean?
EDIT: Nvm, I encountered one of N's pokemon!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 6th, 2013 (04:50 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
If Joltik had 'this green shine' that's definitely the shiny form. You should've caught it!
Old October 6th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Boilurn:
If Joltik had 'this green shine' that's definitely the shiny form. You should've caught it!
Wrong. He said that was N's Pokemon. His Pokemon have that green shine when encountered.

Old October 7th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Boilurn:
While shiny Joltik is green, shiny Pokemon do not shine green they have blue stars around them.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 10th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
MocasFocas
artist

i defeated mesprit the first time i battle him.
will he appear again? if yes where?
Old October 10th, 2013 (09:14 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by MocasFocas:
i defeated mesprit the first time i battle him.
will he appear again? if yes where?
Most of the Legendaries in 5th Gen can easily be encountered again after beating the Elite Four if you accidentally knock them out. I'd say you should beat the Elite Four and Champion again and I guess Mesprit will reappear on the top of Celestial Tower like it was encountered the first time.
Old October 10th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
MocasFocas
artist

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Most of the Legendaries in 5th Gen can easily be encountered again after beating the Elite Four if you accidentally knock them out. I'd say you should beat the Elite Four and Champion again and I guess Mesprit will reappear on the top of Celestial Tower like it was encountered the first time.
that makes sense
thank you very much
Old October 11th, 2013 (09:41 PM).
Spongey

Can you breed legends with ditto?
Old October 11th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Spongey:
Can you breed legends with ditto?
Only if the legendary can breed. I'm believe only manaphy can, and even then, you won't get a manaphy egg (you'll get a phione instead).

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old October 20th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Mesty
Deadpool

So Pokemon X was my first Pokemon game in a while, since Silver. So I missed out a lot, so I wanted to pick up and older game to play and transfer my pokemon. Which one is the better of the games? Black, White, Black 2, White 2.

Game: Pokemon X
3DS Friend Code: 4227-2023-1447
If you add my friend code please PM me letting me know so I can add you as well. Thanks!
Old October 20th, 2013 (10:32 AM).
Pendraflare
DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
He was asking which Gen V game he should go for, not Gen III or IV.

OP: While I personally much prefer Black 2 or White 2, you might find it better to play the original Black or White first. But if you're the kind who cares more about variety than using present generation stuff, BW2 is better since BW only has Unova Pokémon before beating the game, while BW2 has lots of Pokémon to choose from. And much more post-game than BW (as far as post-game content goes, it rivals HGSS).

But if you're the kind that cares more about story or difficulty than gameplay, you'll surely want the original BW instead. They're both solid, but it depends on your style.
Old October 20th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
adventure
impossible girl

Nature: Naive
If there are direct sequels, of any games, I always want to play the first ones before the sequel. As with BW and BW2. I think you should start with BW :3 But like novachief says, there are many minor differences that might make you enjoy BW2 more. But maybe you can enjoy both games to their fullest if you move from BW to BW2 rather than the other way around.
Old October 24th, 2013 (02:14 AM).
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I'm trying to move the boulder in the Dreamyard in Black 2, but can't go around the hole where the boulder is supposed to fit (see my attached screenshot). How do I get to the side where I need to be?

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old October 24th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
You actually would start exploring the Dreamyard by going further west, where you'll find stairs going underground. Then you'll find an exit from underground that brings you up on the other side of that boulder.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 80 Obtained 57
Kalos Medals: 82
Kalos Ribbons: 10

Old November 1st, 2013 (07:38 AM).
§1
Rocket grunt

are there any breeding advantages that weren't in SS/HG in this gen?

i just now got B2, and i'm wanting to eventually transfer a scizor that knows super power to X; and i'm trying to decide whether it would be better to breed it in SS or B2.

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old November 1st, 2013 (07:48 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by §1:

i just now got B2, and i'm wanting to eventually transfer a scizor that knows super power to X; and i'm trying to decide whether it would be better to breed it in SS or B2.
Well, in B/W they have the same breeding mechanics as HG/SS. Such as both gendered parents being able to pass nature down if holding an Everstone.

However, B2/W2 edited the Everstone breeding trick by now making the baby Pokemon always inherit the nature of the Everstone holder should one of the parents hold an Everstone.

Other than that, all the breeding mechanics from older games are the same, such as females passing down the species of the baby and males passing down the egg moves. If you want a specific nature, B2/W2 is more better in this case due to the fact that in these games the nature has a 100% chance of being inherited if you give one parent an Everstone.

I hope I wasn't too confusing with this post, but I was basically explaining in-depth info about breeding.
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Personally, I try to avoid breeding in Gen V and stick with HGSS whenever possible, because in BW2 they kinda nerfed the breeding system. This is one of the few things I don't like about the game - they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do, so if you don't like them you have to keep turning down the first egg offered. And in BW, even if you save before picking up the Egg, there's no guarantee that the gender, nature or ability will be the same, unlike in HGSS. Yes, BW2 does have the Nursery at Join Avenue (long story), which I do use when trying to get Hidden Abilities and Gen V egg moves, but if it's a Pokémon that has nothing that can only be obtained in Gen V, I stick with HGSS almost every time. That's where I bred stuff like a Garchomp I bred before BW2 even released in the US, and my Scizor I have there as well.
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:36 AM).
Makoto Tachibana
Mako-chan

And also the inherit of Ability from its mother Pokemon. Some see it as an improvement while there are some don't feel the same. For example if you have a Female Lopunny with Klutz, you have 60%(?) of gaining a Buneary with the said Ability instead of its other Ability, in this case Run Away. It can be no good, depending on the situation.

CSS originally by laugh
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:54 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Makoto Tachibana:
And also the inherit of Ability from its mother Pokemon. Some see it as an improvement while there are some don't feel the same. For example if you have a Female Lopunny with Klutz, you have 60%(?) of gaining a Buneary with the said Ability instead of its other Ability, in this case Run Away. It can be no good, depending on the situation.
Quote originally posted by novachief37:
Personally, I try to avoid breeding in Gen V and stick with HGSS whenever possible, because in BW2 they kinda nerfed the breeding system. This is one of the few things I don't like about the game - they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do, so if you don't like them you have to keep turning down the first egg offered. And in BW, even if you save before picking up the Egg, there's no guarantee that the gender, nature or ability will be the same, unlike in HGSS. Yes, BW2 does have the Nursery at Join Avenue (long story), which I do use when trying to get Hidden Abilities and Gen V egg moves, but if it's a Pokémon that has nothing that can only be obtained in Gen V, I stick with HGSS almost every time. That's where I bred stuff like a Garchomp I bred before BW2 even released in the US, and my Scizor I have there as well.
Despite the breeding nerf, I use B2/W2 breeding because there's an 80% chance that the mother's ability will be passed down.

Old November 1st, 2013 (11:39 PM).
§1
Rocket grunt

Quote originally posted by novachief37:
they made it so that whatever the first egg your two Pokémon generate is, its IVs (and I think the ability, I could be wrong there though) will be the same no matter what you do.
what do you mean by the same?
same as one of the parents, or just consistently the same?

and does that mean than the power items have no effect on that first egg?

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old November 1st, 2013 (11:54 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

what do you mean by the same?
same as one of the parents, or just consistently the same?

and does that mean than the power items have no effect on that first egg?
The Power Items will always take effect. What he means is that the IVs and nature of the egg will be fixed when you receive it.

Old November 2nd, 2013 (07:23 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Actually, I don't remember if the nature is fixed (unless you use an Everstone), but i'm pretty sure the ability is fixed. The gender isn't, though.

And despite the fact that BW2 gives you an 80% chance of passing the mother's ability, in HGSS the egg's ability is fixed (as with nature and gender), so once you have the ability you want you don't have to worry about that changing. One time when I was trying to breed for a Timburr with Guts, and the female Gurdurr had Guts as well, I hatched 15+ Timburr and at least half of them had Sheer Force.
Old November 8th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Just beat Humilau Gym this morning; I'm now following my rival's suggestion to track down Team Plasma on Route 22. So far, the only member I've spotted is Colress (who left after giving me his machine); everyone else I met on Route 22 was a normal trainer. Have I overlooked any hiding places?

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old November 8th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ISNorden:
Just beat Humilau Gym this morning; I'm now following my rival's suggestion to track down Team Plasma on Route 22. So far, the only member I've spotted is Colress (who left after giving me his machine); everyone else I met on Route 22 was a normal trainer. Have I overlooked any hiding places?
If you got the Colress Machine from him, you have to go to the Seaside Cave. There, you'll find a Crustle that's blocking your path to the Plasma Frigate.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links