The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttfarewell View Post
pardon me and my silly question but ._.
is it worth to get pokemon b2/w2 even if i have both black and white already? :/
It's all up to you whether you want to get the games.

I'll just add on to what Zupplu said. Black 2 and White 2 take place 2 years after the story of Black and White.

There are new locations, and the Pokedex is now a mix of Unova Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations. There are also new Gym Leaders and new features.
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister

There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindelphine View Post
There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?
It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.
Sounds good to hear. Challenge mode here I go!
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?
White 2 may seem like a logical choice because it has similar same version exclusives to White 1.

Old September 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
White 2 may seem like a logical choice because it has similar same version exclusives to White 1.
I know the version exclusives are the same, but does it continue the story from white or black? You get a different legend, but the same exclusives, so I'm a bit confused...
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
I know the version exclusives are the same, but does it continue the story from white or black? You get a different legend, but the same exclusives, so I'm a bit confused...
Sorry; didn't make myself clear here. To clarify, White 2 follows White 1's storyline. In White 1, Reshiram was N's legendary dragon. At some point in White 2, N will come to the player's aid while riding Reshiram.

Old September 14th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Raging Man
Ace Trainer

Nature: Naughty
I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?

Old September 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Man View Post
I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?
Shinies are always great to have , but remember it's only for rarity , not how it performs in battle .

IMO , I suggest breeding a gible with a better nature , and keep the shiny gible on the side

~ Jay

My Trade Shop: Jay's Swagon Corner (An RNG Shop)

My FC - White: 3654 7325 5400
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?
First you must of course defeat the first Gym Leader, and then receive the C-Gear from Bianca (which she will give you almost immediately after defeating Cheren). Then, you are able to trade and battle with Black and White.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

I wanted to do that too. Is trading only through Wi-Fi? Or can two DS's near each other trade without it?
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I wanted to do that too. Is trading only through Wi-Fi? Or can two DS's near each other trade without it?
Two DS's near each other can trade without Wi-Fi, so the latter I take as a yes.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Jeikobu
God's beloved child

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Is that also when I can first connect to the Dream World in White 2?
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
You can't connect to the Dream World until you get the C-gear. I think you get that after the first badge.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!

Nature: Serious
Ok so I've read the article on serebii a million times and I'm still confused. How am I gunna send my pokes and items to black and white 2 ?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:10 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeskate View Post
Ok so I've read the article on serebii a million times and I'm still confused. How am I gunna send my pokes and items to black and white 2 ?:)
B/W and B2/W2 can trade back and forth freely.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!

Nature: Serious
You know what, I looked through the thread and jellicent provided an answer to my question perfectly, even though they responded to someone else . But thanks vaporeon!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Aaron40

Is Keldeo going to be available in B2/W2
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Is Keldeo going to be available in B2/W2
The current Keldeo giveaway ends one day before B2W2's release in America/Europe/Australia. So not this event, no, you'll have to get it in BW and trade it to B2W2.
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Scorpiopt

Question is souldew allowed on random match? in BW2

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Spicy94
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Yes. After a certain point, most likely after beating the E4 and Champion, you unlock the PokeTransfer just like in B/W. You can also trade with B/W after you beat Cheren and get your C-gear.
can you trade any pokemon from black to black 2 right when you get the C-gear? like charmander and pichu?
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy94 View Post
can you trade any pokemon from black to black 2 right when you get the C-gear? like charmander and pichu?
As soon as yuo get it you can trade with Black or white. No restrictions on trades.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg

Is there a way to get Hoenn starters in B2/W2 besides trading?
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links