The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttfarewell View Post
pardon me and my silly question but ._.
is it worth to get pokemon b2/w2 even if i have both black and white already? :/
It's all up to you whether you want to get the games.

I'll just add on to what Zupplu said. Black 2 and White 2 take place 2 years after the story of Black and White.

There are new locations, and the Pokedex is now a mix of Unova Pokemon and Pokemon from previous generations. There are also new Gym Leaders and new features.
__________________
  #202    
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
twindelphine's Avatar
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?
  #203    
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Jellicent♀'s Avatar
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindelphine View Post
There's something on my mind lately about the game, & I wish to resolve it right here.

Let's say I completed the game in Black 2. I unlock the Challenge Mode. Will I be able to unlock Challenge Mode when starting a new game in another cartridge, say White 2?
It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.
__________________

Let the little fairy in you fly!
  #204    
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
twindelphine's Avatar
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
It's a little confusing, but you kinda hit it on the nail, there.

You first must unlock it in black 2, as it is an exclusive Black 2 feature.
Beat the game, unlock Challenge Mode. After that, you are able to send the Challenge Mode data via Unova Link to another cartridge, even another copy of Black 2. Then, you are able to start the game using the Challenge Mode, thus making the game harder.
Sounds good to hear. Challenge mode here I go!
  #205    
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?
  #206    
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
black 2 white 2 coming out soon! So I was wondering...
I have pokemon white, and I have since finished it off and am bored. I want to buy one, but my question is, which one should I buy for continuity of storyline? I don't care if I don't get a specific pokemon, I just checked serebii and the version exclusive pokes are fine, but because I don't want to spoil the story for myself like I did for almost every other game I have played, I can't check to see. i want to have a sequel to white. I don't want N to suddenly have zekrom cuz I have it in white... it wouldn't make sense. for me at least.

So, my question summed up is: Which game should I buy for continuity in the storyline?
White 2 may seem like a logical choice because it has similar same version exclusives to White 1.
__________________

  #207    
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:18 AM
FrostPheonix's Avatar
FrostPheonix
Eternity.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bored-topia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
White 2 may seem like a logical choice because it has similar same version exclusives to White 1.
I know the version exclusives are the same, but does it continue the story from white or black? You get a different legend, but the same exclusives, so I'm a bit confused...
  #208    
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
I know the version exclusives are the same, but does it continue the story from white or black? You get a different legend, but the same exclusives, so I'm a bit confused...
Sorry; didn't make myself clear here. To clarify, White 2 follows White 1's storyline. In White 1, Reshiram was N's legendary dragon. At some point in White 2, N will come to the player's aid while riding Reshiram.
__________________

  #209    
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Raging Man's Avatar
Raging Man
Ace Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cerulean City, Kanto
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?
__________________
Like there isn't a signature

  #210    
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
JaySawn's Avatar
JaySawn
Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hawaii
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Man View Post
I've been playing the japanese version of Pokemon Black 2 for a while now and decided to finish the Black Tower once and for all to get the Shiny Gible.

So, i've been giving it a lot of though and since i will use Garchomp, is it a good idea to evolve my Shiny Gible to get a Shiny Garchomp which i know it looks terribly the same, or should i breed it to get one with a better nature (The shiny one has a Bashful Nature that doesn't lower nor increase stats) and keep the better looking Shiny Gible?
Shinies are always great to have , but remember it's only for rarity , not how it performs in battle .

IMO , I suggest breeding a gible with a better nature , and keep the shiny gible on the side

~ Jay
__________________


My Trade Shop: Jay's Swagon Corner (An RNG Shop)

My FC - White: 3654 7325 5400
  #211    
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Jeikobu's Avatar
Jeikobu
God's beloved child
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In God's timing, Japan!
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?
__________________
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
  #212    
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Jellicent♀'s Avatar
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
How do I transfer Pokemon from White to White 2? Do I need the PokeShifter like in White when I move Pokemon from Generation IV games, or can I just trade them straight over?
First you must of course defeat the first Gym Leader, and then receive the C-Gear from Bianca (which she will give you almost immediately after defeating Cheren). Then, you are able to trade and battle with Black and White.
__________________

Let the little fairy in you fly!
  #213    
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thomas's Avatar
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lafayette, LA
Age: 26
Gender: Male
I wanted to do that too. Is trading only through Wi-Fi? Or can two DS's near each other trade without it?
  #214    
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I wanted to do that too. Is trading only through Wi-Fi? Or can two DS's near each other trade without it?
Two DS's near each other can trade without Wi-Fi, so the latter I take as a yes.
__________________
  #215    
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Jeikobu's Avatar
Jeikobu
God's beloved child
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In God's timing, Japan!
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeikobu
Is that also when I can first connect to the Dream World in White 2?
__________________
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20


Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
  #216    
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
You can't connect to the Dream World until you get the C-gear. I think you get that after the first badge.
  #217    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
pokeskate's Avatar
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CALI boy over here!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Ok so I've read the article on serebii a million times and I'm still confused. How am I gunna send my pokes and items to black and white 2 ?
  #218    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:10 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeskate View Post
Ok so I've read the article on serebii a million times and I'm still confused. How am I gunna send my pokes and items to black and white 2 ?:)
B/W and B2/W2 can trade back and forth freely.
__________________
  #219    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
pokeskate's Avatar
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CALI boy over here!
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
You know what, I looked through the thread and jellicent provided an answer to my question perfectly, even though they responded to someone else . But thanks vaporeon!
  #220    
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Aaron40's Avatar
Aaron40
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Is Keldeo going to be available in B2/W2
__________________
Black 2 FC: 1550 3375 7432
  #221    
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron40 View Post
Is Keldeo going to be available in B2/W2
The current Keldeo giveaway ends one day before B2W2's release in America/Europe/Australia. So not this event, no, you'll have to get it in BW and trade it to B2W2.
__________________
  #222    
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Scorpiopt's Avatar
Scorpiopt
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Question is souldew allowed on random match? in BW2
__________________
Don't take life too serious no one is getting out alive

  #223    
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Spicy94
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Omaha
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Yes. After a certain point, most likely after beating the E4 and Champion, you unlock the PokeTransfer just like in B/W. You can also trade with B/W after you beat Cheren and get your C-gear.
can you trade any pokemon from black to black 2 right when you get the C-gear? like charmander and pichu?
  #224    
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy94 View Post
can you trade any pokemon from black to black 2 right when you get the C-gear? like charmander and pichu?
As soon as yuo get it you can trade with Black or white. No restrictions on trades.
  #225    
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Mochaccino's Avatar
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dubai, UAE
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Is there a way to get Hoenn starters in B2/W2 besides trading?
thanks in advance.
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.