Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old June 26th, 2012 (02:44 AM).
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Image explains everything. I've set the BG for the route in the screen in the editor and put the graphics in the correct folder with the correct name, yet it won't work.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old June 26th, 2012 (04:10 AM).
Pokemon 3000
huh?

Nature: Rash
The editor puts quotemarks for the battlebg in the metadata.txt, so the graphic will doesn't appear. Open metadata.txt in your PBS-Folder and look at the metadata for you map. It should be

BattleBack=002

not

BattleBack="002"
Old June 26th, 2012 (05:40 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

I thought I'd fixed that, but no. I seriously don't know why it happens. If you manually replace the editor's quote marks with the same quote marks in metadata.txt, it works. When I print the desired filename in-game, the quote marks aren't included and it looks like it should work, but it doesn't.

I'm open to any suggestions.
Old June 26th, 2012 (06:03 AM). Edited June 26th, 2012 by FL.
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

I really don't know if this will works, but instead of StringProperty try something like:
Code:
Wrong code deleted
EDIT: I am wrong, and I reversed the problem XD
EDIT2: In line 'file.write(csvquote(rec[i]))' put a flag or something to won't call csvquote method in battleback case. I really don't know if this will works.
Old July 8th, 2012 (05:53 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

I've tracked down the problem to def csvquote, specifically the code str[/\s$/] which I interpret to mean "a space then the end of a line". Removing this code will prevent quote marks being put around the BattleBack phrase.

For some reason this code always returns true, even if there are no spaces in the phrase. If the meaning I came up with is correct, I can't think of any instance where it would be useful, so I don't think removing it would adversely affect anything.

Please let me know if you find any problems caused by removing this particular bit of code. It will also be applied to the next release of Essentials, so hopefully any problems will appear soon because of the (hopefully) many users.

Sponsored Links