The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Forever
let it go

With all the new information out now, many who didn't want to be spoiled before are reading all about it and those who thought they would actually aren't.

How far are you going to avoid the spoilers? Do you intend to stay mostly spoiler-free? Did you think you'd be doing what you are now - either getting involved with all the spoilers or actually not? How do you feel about others who are giving out major game spoilers without actually saying it's a spoiler? Do things like that make you want to know more, and eventually, everything? Are the games enhanced knowing spoilers? Discuss.

DON'T MENTION SPOILERS HERE KTHX.

Last edited by Forever; June 26th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:53 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Only spoilers ive seen is the new map which I like. Kind of hope they made the storyline longer in this one.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I've spoiled myself on almost all fronts but have managed to keep the juicy details spoiler free for me.
I proably will continue doing so until release.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
As mentioned before, I'm steering clear completely. Saw the new formes. That's it. I want to go in knowing nothing.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

Nature: Quirky
At this point I feel I am mostly spoiled. Will just bee keeping an eye on the Pokedex related things until release.

Best time for spoilers in my opinion are when the game would be in my hands so I can "Holy crap, it's true!" on my own.
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I didn't care about spoilers in fact I like them :D
And anyways I've finished the storyline of White 2 so I know pretty much everything :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:56 AM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
Personally, I get information (or spoilers) about the game before I get it. Sometimes I will find my own secrets here and there but mostly I love spoilers! lol

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I love finding out spoilers but I think they might make the game boring for me....

The only spoiler I haven't liked so far was THE HORRIBLE PICTURE OF DREAM CRUSHINGNESS oh well I really didn't believe that anyway...Wooot if you know what I'm talking about...
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I have to admit, when these games were first announced, due to my rage of them not being R/S remakes, I wanted nothing to do with them. Then, I saw one little clip from the trailers, and I was hooked. I actually sat and said, "I want to play these blind." Needless to say (due to me being on of the highest posters here) I am all about the spoilers. I like them, and any new information that comes out I want to know about it ASAP.
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I'm just not looking at any threads related to the plot in depth, its hard because **** like the champion's identity is everywhere, but I've been holding up the fort well.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Count

Nature: Bold
I'm managing quite well, I've read some spoilers here and there but it's not like I know every detail so far and I intend to keep it that way. I want to avoid most spoilers and I think I can do that.

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:32 AM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
I gave up trying to avoid Pokemon spoilers long ago. Besides, it's not like the games have ever had some deep, complicated plot, so I'm not to worried about it anyway

Old June 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Arago
Community Supporter

I read through the Serebii walkthrough thing they have going up during the weekend. Apart from that, I haven't really bothered spoiling myself. I've actually forgotten some of what was put in the walkthrough, and more of it tends to leave my mind as the days go by. I imagine by the time the game's released in America, I'd have forgotten a good majority of it.
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I could care less about spoilers, really. Part of the fun is being around for the leaks and seeing all the new features & whatnot when they come out, instead of waiting 4 more months. :p
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I have disabled avatars and signatures on here. Yeah I'm that serious. Forum kinda looks better too haha. Unfortunately, I found out who the Champion is, shocker, but not the E4 which is good. I want to know the entire Pokedex to plan out my team, which I more or less have. Love the Pokemon options. The Champion thing still hurts... But I'm kinda over it. I want to know Shizui's town, and about Pokewood and the World Tournament, the latter I am now more informed about.

However, I want nothing to do with the storyline, completely ruins the game for me. The E4, as I said earlier, and Gym Leader's Pokemon levels. All of these I managed to avoid during BW and hope to do the same here, especially since the English game waiting period is shorter.

Also, I am avoiding all threads to do with said topics.
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

I intend to keep myself as unspoiled as possible.
The goal would be to have gone in completely blind, but I've already accidentally learned some pretty big things, so. Eh.

Since release I've tried to stay away from places where spoiler can occur.
SO WHAT AM I EVEN DOING IN THIS SECTION. OH GOD, THIS WAS A BAD IDEA.

Old June 27th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Forever
let it go

TIME TO REPLY TO MY OWN THREAD. Well I'm avoiding the major storyline things (yes I intentionally read about akuroma and champion) but not features but um except Hiroshi Sotomura spoiled something v deep and he actually should repay me thinking about it - but I forgive him so all is well. I'm pretty open with spoilers though lucky people don't discuss stuff I don't wanna know lmao.
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Spoiler:
He dies at the end.
:O

Eh...I would love to know, but just all the spoilers are strategically placed so that I think that this game is a tiny bit too big for a Pokémon game...

but all is well in the land of droomph because I don't really care as long as the game is good

Old June 27th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I can't help myself when it comes to spoilers, I just have to look at them all. ): It's annoying sometimes because for Black & White 1 I wanted to be surprised, but then I saw peoples signatures and avatars and just gave up. Maybe I'll have more luck in Gen VI ;(
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
The Veteran

Nature: Quiet
I'm actually expectant of spoilers nowadays tbh, gives me something to prepare for as far as battles go if anything and I could care less about the "plot" in-game as well.

Let the game begin.
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I think the only thing I haven't spoiled myself to at this point is the minor plot details. While I didn't necessarily go out to look for spoilers about the game, I did willingly go to places where they might be present. I don't really mind them, though. And, if anything, they've just made me more excited about the game, haha.
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I don't care

I played the BW rom before I got the game and i loved it both times on my comp and my DS

Emulators can never accurately portray what actually happens in-game effects and cut-scene wise, so nothing's been spoiled for me
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I honestly don't care. Heck, it's going to be revealed to me some how (believe me, the world works like that ;D) in some way and it's going to be a spoiler. You can't escape... Though I guess I do see the cons in seeing/looking at a spoiler (such as "Oh noes, the surprise has been ruined!"), to me if a key plot spoiler appears and I see it- "Oh well, meh." Unless it's about a book that I really want to read...
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Sakura Rain
→Let's laugh at everything!

I'M EATING THEM UP. seriously I can't control myself. I really tried to avoid them, but then I saw the screenshots and stuff on Serebii and sdkflsdjf. MY RESOLVE WAS SHATTERED.

♫A message I've thought much too much about,
Maybe it'll reach somebody, who can say?
Certainly, I've always been this way,
A patched up, crazy matryoshka♫

"Matryoshka" - hachi/Hatsune Miku & Megpoid Gumi

Old June 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I have been reading things on Serebii. I'm honestly not easily impressed, excited, or surprised about anything, so avoiding spoilers would do me no good. I am avoiding music though just because I like hearing it in the game and knowing the surroundings or the battle instead of just listening to it on YouTube. But yeah, not really avoiding any. Besides, I tried that with Black and White, and for that to have fully worked, I would have had to quit being a moderator so that I didn't have to come here and see the new Pokemon in peoples sigs and stuff. Cause you know, when you're a member, you can just leave till you have the game. If you're a mod, you have to come here lol. So it was just unavoidable.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links