The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I've been Away for the past 9 days without any access to the Internet so as I've found myself with heaps of updates which I'm tempted to read but haven't done so yet, I'm trying to last out until the release but eh.

Old July 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Found another spoiler, albeit an obvious on >!< Stupid tumblr. And GameFreak make things really obvious haha.
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I honestly havent seen many spoilers. I only found out about black2 and white2 because gamefly already reserves a spot on their site for it.

There is still so much I havent done on white version :/ im not ready for this.
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Uchiha
Switchin' It Up

Nature: Adamant
I'm starting to have trouble not reading up on the game before I play it (obvious by the fact that I'm posting here now) but for the most part I've been doing a good job at not looking into the game too much.

Old July 11th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Pika-D
<(*ΦωΦ*)>

Nature: Timid
Personally, I don't mind spoilers. They make me want to see things for myself and to see if they're true. From everything I've seen for B2 and W2, I just want to buy the games even more.

Old July 11th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Anyway, I'm still getting over the rage of a certain English translation typo....
Old July 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I usually don't mind spoilers, but this time I've tried to keep spoilers at a minimum; if I start reading something that may contain a spoiler I just stop myself.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old July 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

I havent been looking for spoilers, nor am I avoiding them, and pretty much the only one I saw was....you thought I was going to say it! Gotcha!

But seriously, only one thing has been spoiled for me, and its not really a spoiler...I still dont know anything about the story, or gyms, or even the new map really. And I havent even tried avoiding it.

You play too much
Old July 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

When the game was first released in Japan and all of the news was on Serebii, I'll admit that I read most of it as it was coming in with a sense of glee. As weird as this is going to sound, I've never really been around the Pokemon fandom when a new series of games has come out (I joined PC after RS came out, left around the FRLG time, and came back after BW came out) so all of this talk about spoiler etiquette is a new thing for me. Having said that, after a few days of vociferously learning everything I could about the new games, I just stopped! I haven't become a spoiler hermit, but for whatever reason I don't have much of a desire to learn new stuff about the game. If someone tells me a spoiler - either by accident or on purpose - I'm not going to mind too much, but I'll probably also forget it like I have with most of the other ones that I've learned so far. Spoiling video games is a new thing with me, and I don't know how different my feelings are on it from films/TV, of which I'm vehemently against.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

I've embraced myself for spoilers. Plus I don't like feeling left out, so yeah. I read the stuff on Serebii and Bulbagarden a lot. But I'm not gonna watch playthroughs or anything, I'm gonna find out that part myself.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I could care less about spoilers, really. Part of the fun is being around for the leaks and seeing all the new features & whatnot when they come out, instead of waiting 4 more months. :p
This.
I feel the exact same way, its pretty fun uncovering everything leak by leak until the releases. Then you get to see the full fledged potential of the game.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I could care less about spoilers, really. Part of the fun is being around for the leaks and seeing all the new features & whatnot when they come out, instead of waiting 4 more months. :p
I could not have wrote it better myself. Plus if I tried to resist the spoilers, there would be some sort of build up and I'd go crazy.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
I'm always looking for any officially revealed new info, like corocoro scans etc. When it comes to leaks of ingame stuff, I would skim through it and focus only on anything seriously important.

I dislike the whole deal of ingame info leaking.
Because its always completely unprofessional and all presented in an awful way.
I can deal with it, its everyone else I'm worried about.

To explain what I mean, lets take gen V leaks for example.
At one point, someone ripped all the pokemon sprites and data, put every single one on a huge sheet and put that on the internet.
What followed was way too much unnecessary initial hatred towards the new pokemon. (It settled down like it always does but still was uncalled for)
The particular problem with this kind of reveal was, that the sprites looked very unaesthetic on some ugly grey and turquoise grid background, and more importantly, it was ALL of them.
You simply cannot digest hundreds of new pokemon in 2 minutes.
We are meant to encounter pokemon one by one, which actually gives you time to look at them and consider the details. Or see them in reveals that have at most a dozen of very distinct designs presented in their sugimori art (like official sources tend to do) along with some interesting stuff about them.

Its not easy with the internet lol.
I can never prevent myself from checking new pokemon designs in particular regardless of where they came from.

I remember back in times like GS or RS, where I would catch a pokemon and train it to see whether it evolves etc. That kind of discovering is impossible as it is now.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Clucknadus
Tornadus Therian Form

Spoilers? I honestly have been following every detail of B2/W2 as it's become available. I know, I'm terrible about that stuff. Very impatient. I know who the champion is, I know which legendaries are obtainable and when, I know how Kyurem changes form, I even played a Japanese ROM of Black 2 through the Elite Four. The only thing I'm saving for when I buy the actual version is to play the post-game stuff. Yeah, spoilers don't bother me. However, not posting any here, not only because the OP says not to, but out of respect for those who don't want them.

White 2 FC: 4256-1301-5374 (I legally PokeGen my competitive teams)
My Facebook Page
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Chibi Buizel
Where the heck is the airport?

Nature: Naive
I'm mostly trying to avoid story spoilers. So far, so good...
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I like to know what's in the game like the new features that make it different from BW, so I didn't avoid any of those. However I did avoid anything plot related best I could, sometimes I would get curious and spoil myself and then I would be disappointed. I know the new towns and some new characters and that half the region's frozen, but I don't really know how it all fits together. I'd much rather play it myself.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old July 14th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I am embracing spoilers and will gladly take any spoilers that anyone wants to send my way.

For me, spoilers are vital to me making an informed buying decision regarding these games. It's like buying a car or house - I can't purchase it blind. I need to know what it features, what it can offer, whether it will be a good match for me, and what things I need to beware of or try to avoid with it. I need to make sure that the game will be satisfactory before I plunk down cash for it. I don't want to be burned like I was with certain previous Pokemon games. So spoilers are actually pretty essential to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old July 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Calvolt
Finely tuned machine

I've taken spoilers on important battles, but nothing else. No story, Pokémon, or location knowledge for me!
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

To be honest, I don't really care much for spoilers. It's like, I know I'm not gonna get the game, so I don't go out of my way to avoid reading spoilers, but I don't really frequent the forum reading the spoilers either. The only times I've really been updated on the whole thing is either when someone mentions it in a club, or when someone spoils on the IRC chats.

Spoilers on the plot and stuff never reached me though, so it's mainly important characters and event that I've been spoiled though.
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evisector

Nature: Calm
I try to learn only the important spoilers, such as people which may include Gym Leaders, rivals or even the player themselves. This also includes new places within a new game.

Anything plot wise I tend to avoid, since I want to learn for myself whilst playing.
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I'm staying away from everything involving the games in fear of learning something I don't want to know yet. As of now, I only know who the characters are, who's in the game, what the map looks like, the order of Leaders, one of the Elite 4(on accident), and some characteristics of the Champion(on accident). Anything else plot-wise and League-wise, I don't know. And I'd prefer it stayed that way until I get the game myself. I've already been accidentally spoiled enough as it is.
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I've been doing a fairly good job with avoiding spoilers so far and I want to try to keep that up until I get the game. The most I have seen are sprites and that's fine since that was going to be unavoidable anyways. Oh, and who the champion is but what was because of someone's theme so I suppose that was a bit unavoidable as well. As long as I don't know the story and plot points I think I'll be fine.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:28 AM
iTeruri
iAm

With Black and White I avoided almost all spoilers. I hardly knew any of the new Pokémon when first playing trough the games and didn't know what the story was about. It was very different from my playtrough of Diamond, where I knew of every new Pokémon and knew the story before playing.

With Black 2 and White 2 I figured that I knew the Pokémon and the region, so I was mostly interested in the new features. So I embraced the spoilers and I even follow a Let's Play of the games. So yeah, very different from my pre-Black/White experience (but I'll be doing that again for Gen VI. It was very fun exploring the games and encountering each Pokémon and figuring out how the rustling grass worked, etc. especially when I played alongside my brother.)
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

Well don't get me wrong I love a good story but come on... most Pokemon games story lines can be described in under 5 sentences. Not really a huge deal...

Example: Team A wants to take over the water! Team B wants to take over the land! you beat the gyms while training Pokemon and then beat the crap out of both teams. Your the big hero afterwards you catch Pokemon/battle until the next set of games come out.
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I really try my best not to look too deep into spoilers because they can ruin my game experience if I already know what's gonna happen. Though usually whenever I look at content containing spoilers, I just skim over the spoilers to get a general summary of what's gonna happen.
Fairy

Last edited by Khrysta; July 15th, 2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Deleted Spoilers >=C Do not post Spoilers
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links