Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2012 (08:57 AM).
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

I will play through the game normally but only catch Pokémon found in the NU tier (if my starter Pokémon is in a higher or lower tier he will not be used (except in the opening rival battle)). Any Pokémon in a tier above or below that tier are essentially banned from my team.

Also I will not trade Pokémon from Black or White to Black 2 or White 2 (an exception is when I want to evolve one of my Pokémon on Black 2 or White 2 (if applicable)).
Old August 6th, 2012 (03:39 AM).
Pika-D
<(*ΦωΦ*)>

Nature: Timid
I just plan on running through the game normally. Then after I bet it, well, I don't know yet.

Old August 6th, 2012 (04:26 AM).
GibbyGibson
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to GibbyGibson Send a message via Yahoo to GibbyGibson Send a message via Skype™ to GibbyGibson
I will do like I normally do with my Pokémon games. I will capture each and every lowest stage Pokémon I come across, train them as I travel through the game, and right before I challenge the Elite Four (like I always do), I will decide to change up my strategy on the Pokémon I'm using, and have to level up an entirely new team. That, in the end, ends up adding more time to my already extended game time.

Beyond that, I've always been one who checks out each nook-and-cranny of my games. I think all those years of RPGs has gotten me into the mindset that you don't know what's up there till you get that special power-up, so come back later to check it out. So each time I get a new HM, I have to backtrack to the start and try and find those places I skipped.

I do plan to, with this generation, try and get as many of the special distributions as possible, this time around. I normally don't deal with the special distributions, but I think with Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, I will. Not sure what sparked me into wanting to try this, but I do plan to attempt it and see how it goes. Who knows? Maybe I will find some aspect of this that will enhance this game with me. :3

GibbyGibson
Old August 6th, 2012 (11:48 AM).
iiZqHD
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
I will probably take it Slow, Catch a lot of pokemon and find the best/strongest. Then just become the pokemon master

Current Challenges:
Ultimate Solo Challenge: Dratini
[FR,R,HG,P]

Check Out My Lets Plays Here
Old August 7th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
GengarShade
Eat some Gengar cake!

Nature: Jolly
Haven't planned my team yet for the games.Definite Growlithe on the team though.I will probably choose my team by putting random names in a bag and selecting 5 to create the best team I ever had!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old August 12th, 2012 (10:38 AM).
HypnoFreak
Beginning Trainer

I will be using pokemon that aren't competitively viable outside of NU. My favourite, Hypno, is guaranteed a spot, and I'd like to try rain dance Seismitoad, too. I intend to stay spoiler-free as to the plot of the game, but I don't extend my game by exploring every inch, though I do enjoy to read what the people in Unova have to say. I use the same team throughout the whole game.
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:45 AM).
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I often play Pokémon games this way: when they first come out in Japan, I play them as fast as I can (it usually takes around 2 or 3 days) and I keep on playing it till they come out in Spain. Then, I buy the opposite version I played in Japanese (well, that didn't happen with HG/SS, I played the japanese HG version but I bought both HG and SS) and play it slowly and calmly, talking to everyone, catching every Pokémon and, basically, completing the whole game.

Allez, hop!
Old August 12th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Lunacrest
has ninja'd: 2600

Nature: Hasty
I have a team that uses 1 Pokémon from each region, except I have two for Hoenn because Hoenn <3.

The Gender Discrimination Challenge
Game: Pokémon Moemon Emerald

The Trainer Type Challenge!
Trainer Type: Rival
Game: Pokémon Leaf Green Randomizer
Old August 13th, 2012 (01:08 AM).
ranimal101
Ran

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ranimal101
I play it with the world watching me as I do walkthroughs. However, I will go in blindly!
Old August 16th, 2012 (08:19 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Nature: Modest
Anybody thinking about ditching your starter at the beginning of the game and just playing with regular pokemon that weren't available in Black and White? I know that I am. I will train my snivy post-game so I can ev train it, but I know that I will be catching a mareep and riolu very early on and making them the staple of my teams. Who will you use?
Old August 16th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
To be honest... normally.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old August 17th, 2012 (11:03 PM).
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'll take it slowly and steadily, much as I did in the previous games. I would explore every corner and battle all trainers that come my way.

I don't want to spoil myself yet, but there are times when I'm too lazy to battle all trainers and just sneak past them.
Old August 18th, 2012 (05:41 PM).
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner's Avatar
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
☁Blown Away

Well after my white experience I will not have a preplanned team because in my first and only play through of white I planned on using Zebstrika which failed XD! With my White 2 I will go slowly through the game not like my first White which I had a badge a day XD! And I might go with the card thing you mentioned in my Black 2 and also play through my Black 2 slowly! XD
Old August 19th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
ThisOrTheApocalypse
Bananas

As I do with, what it seems every Pokemon game, I'll probably plan out a team and progress through the game slowly and/or very quickly.
Old August 21st, 2012 (01:23 PM).
PokemonMaster Red
Pokemon Master

I might play through black 2 as a normal playthrough with a preplanned team or just wing it. Then for White 2 I would play through it using a team made from 6 of the 7 Eeveelutions( Eevee's Evolution's). Or 4 eeveeloutions an hm slave and a lucario just because lucario is badass.
Old August 22nd, 2012 (05:43 AM).
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Nature: Lonely
I'll do what I always forget to do - every area I catch them all. I'll use pokemon.marriland.com 's Black/Whaite 2 Walkthrough, also using a walkthrough for the hidden items. I'll do the equivelent o a solo run, but train 5 other pokemon on Audinos and only one for trainers (rpob Oshawott)

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/user/25081-chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old August 22nd, 2012 (05:52 AM).
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

First time I think I'm just going to catch anything, so many awesome pokemon have been added <3 second time will be a nuzlocke :3 planning to get white 2 I think!
Old August 22nd, 2012 (06:58 AM).
empty streets
Ace trainer ★

Nature: Brave
I'll play like a nerd battling and talking to every single character in the game and using a pre-planned team. I'll dump my starter because there are finally many cool non-Unova pokemon that I want to use like Crobat, Eevee and Ampharos *_*
Old August 25th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I'll go through the game normally like I have with just about any other game~! Though to be honest, I think I should train my Pokemon bit more too, in case the difficulty is a bit harder this time around, haha.
Old August 25th, 2012 (10:56 PM).
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Usually when I play I rush through the game and try to beat the E4 as fast as possible. This time I am gonna talk to everyone, get all the items, catch a lot of Pokemon's, explore all the areas.
Old September 10th, 2012 (04:35 AM).
me.as.mei
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
I'm planning do it nice and slow whitout a guide of what to do everytime. After all, I want to have fun.

Old September 16th, 2012 (05:35 PM).
§acred†Beo!
F.A.T.E.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to §acred†Beo!
As I have done with every pokemon game the first time through. Nice and slow, so I can take time to enjoy the plot etc.

Old September 16th, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'll go through it normally, I may trade over some Pokemon early on in the game like a Deerling with an egg move or something but nothing that'll completely throw off the legitimacy of it, like a level 100 Mewtwo. :p
Old September 16th, 2012 (06:31 PM).
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I'm gonna take it slow, do lot's of grinding, work my way towards completing my pokedex, pay attention to the story.. Not Usain Bolt style. I've gone through too many games that way lol.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 17th, 2012 (09:13 PM).
Mato

Nature: Docile
I'm going to play it at my own pace. No need to rush and finish it in a few days. I won't have much time to play it, anyway.

I have a fairly good idea on who I'm starting out with this time around (Snivy, choose Oshawott in Black). As well as who I'm catching in the beginning and using throughout the game. Alas, I spoiled it for myself already.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links