Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page POKéMON- synchronicity [T] (OOC/SU)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 26th, 2012 (03:15 PM).
resident slacker
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
~Still~ expressing interest. xD If any open spots pop up while you guys fix, I'll put up an SU asap. :D
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:20 PM).
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
There's an open spot from what I've heard Mega.

Old August 26th, 2012 (03:21 PM).
This is how we live!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Starsprite
There actually happen to be several members that are inactive right now, which is the main problem. I'm about to go to work on figuring out who is and isn't still interested in this RP, and hopefully it should be sorted out soon enough. A messy start shouldn't be a problem.

@Megan: We have an open spot, actually (probably several), so, your SU is definitely welcome.
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:32 PM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Just let us know if you need any help Starsprite, we'll all do what we can to get it moving :D
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:37 PM).
resident slacker
Crystal Tier

Alright! I should be able to get it up by late tonight, if not tomorrow. I am entirely grateful to be part of this roleplay. I don't want to see it go tbh ;__;
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:53 PM).
This is how we live!

asdfghsgd I love all of you so much, you don't even know.

Alright, well there are three spots open other than the one that's currently reserved, as of now. Another may be opening up very soon, unfortunately, but I'm going to ask the person about it.

One idea I had, actually was to close two of the spots. It will obviously reduce the number of replacements to find, and it will reduce the amount of maintenance involved. In fact, if I find any two that are no longer interested then I can reduce the number and operate on a much smaller number. Does that sound too awful to anyone? The only problem I can think of is that I may have to change an existing pair around.
Old August 26th, 2012 (03:59 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Starsprite:
The only problem I can think of is that I may have to change an existing pair around.
Half the people that have gone inactive are paired with an active person (eg my partner hasn't been on in weeks) so pairs will have to be re-decided anyway, that's a given :p But nah, the making it smaller idea sounds alright tbh, it'll help things go a bit faster and it'll mean we can get into the story a lot quicker :D

I'll see if I can find anyone that's interested.
Old August 27th, 2012 (07:59 AM).
resident slacker
Crystal Tier

Alright! Got this SU ready to go! This took me quicker than anticipated. xD It was a piece of cake. :D Let me know if I'm missing something ok!

Spoiler:

Name: Selena Bravo
Date of Birth: 05/07/1996
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova
Reason for Entering: for fun! She needs to live her life by battling. : )

Appearance: Spunky, tough, and ready for anything that comes to her. Selena likes modern day clothing, from cut-up t-shirts, to jeans with bleached stains or ripped holes. Any t-shirt with a red heart as the design is always her favorite. In fact, her short, tight black t-shirt with an angelic heart picture is her favorite, along with her dark blue skinny jeans. This is usually what she wears on a daily basis. Black military-style boots are also her preferred shoes, and she wouldn’t leave the house without them.

Her natural hair color is dark brown, but currently she has it dyed lighter because it “reflects the lights at the club”. The length of her hair is a bit past the shoulders, and prefers to leave it loose rather than style it in a different manner. The length of her bangs cover most of her face, but leaves one eye out to see the world.

Physically, she is tall…about 5’7 at least. Weighing at around 125 pounds and has a pale white skin tone. She is athletic, keeping her body in shape by exercising. She is nicknamed “The Nature DJ” because of her emerald green eyes.

History: Born and raised in Castelia City, Selena grew up in this huge city. Living with her grandparents almost all her life, she never got to know her parents growing up. Her parents are both doctors, traveling from region to region helping each of the Pokemon Centers curing each Pokemon disease everywhere. But Selena isn’t planning to become a doctor like her parents, she had other plans.

Her grandparents couldn’t afford to put Selena in a private school to get a better education, she stayed in public school for most of her childhood. She was gratefully exposed to Pokemon, and hung out with a few trainers. At age 10, she was introduced to battling. A guy friend of hers at the same age had plans on competing for the Pokemon League in Unova. He had asked her to accompany him in his journey, but she rejected the offer because of her grandparents not letting her go off on her own.

With approval finally, she was able to attend the Nimbasa Trainer Academy at Nimbasa City, at the age of 13. Her friend had already completed his journey from Unova and is doing yet another journey in Johto. He was gifted a Cyndaquil as a starter Pokemon, but he already had his Samurott from his previous journey. So, he decided to give the Cyndaquil to Selena, naming him “Cinder”. Both Selena and Cinder built a strong bond between each other, and they both worked together in battles…whether required for assignments or just because. Cinder evolved into a Quilava during a final exam, and then to a Typhlosion during a summer battle with a classmate. At age 15, she graduated from the Academy, with a thirst to go somewhere in the region.

Returning to Castelia after a year at the Trainer’s School in Nimbasa, she wanted to practice her skills as a trainer, as her interest in starting a journey was increasing, wholeheartedly regretting her decision to go with her best friend. At age 16, she travelled to the Dragonspiral Tower by herself to find Pokemon to battle. Having a lucky encounter with both a Mienshao and a Druddigon. Successfully, Cinder was able to defeat them both and Selena caught them both at the same time. Selena’s guy friend had completed his journey in Johto once again, becoming the champion of the Pokemon league. He offered to trade his Ariados for her Druddigon, and she had accepted it, obtaining another Pokemon without capture. The Ariados was nicknamed Aria.

At the same age, she got a part-time job at the Castelia Night Club as a DJ. She likes music and likes to create her own mixes, she had been doing so while being a student at Nimbasa Trainer Academy. Clubgoers appreciate her very much, and donned her the nickname “The Nature DJ” because her green eyes illuminate the shining lights in the club. Her Pokemon, especially Lina the Mienshao, love creating mixes together, and making people satisfied with her music. One day during her work day, she spotted a flyer at the night club’s bulletin board, advertising a “Grand Tournament” coming soon. As Selena gained much interest on the tournament, she had to beg to her grandparents to let her go.

After bragging for a few days, they finally gave her permission…because she showed responsibility and loyalty to the family. Selena was excited to attend the grand tournament, as she traveled to the Sinnoh Region to register for the tournament. Selena, Lina, Cinder, and Aria are all excited to enter this fantastic tournament. She won’t go for the money, or for the competitive battling. She just wants to have fun for the heck of it.

Pokemon:

Mienshao (Brave) Lina
- Force Palm
- Reversal
- Calm Mind
- Drain Punch

Typhlosion (Timid) Cinder
- Flame Wheel
- Flame Charge
- Swift
- Rollout

Ariados (Docile) Aria
- Pin Missle
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Agility
Old August 27th, 2012 (12:57 PM).
This is how we live!

Looks lovely to me~ Your SU is accepted.

So, since I'm going to be reducing the spots, we will be operating on only 12 players now, meaning this RP is full again. There's still one person I need to contact, but we're almost ready to move on.
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:18 PM).
The Evil Queen
Moderator, CS

Yay welcome aboard Megan! :D

12 people sounds A-Ok to me :3 that's still quite a big group!
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:21 PM).
Crystal Tier

Great, can't wait to see it kick off again :D Shame about having to get a new partner though haha. And welcome Megan, your character looks terrific <3
Old August 27th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
Battle!

Yay, this is settled then. Hi! So... are the new partners going up IC? *is slightly confused*

Old August 27th, 2012 (01:47 PM).
Gentlemen.

SO CAN WE POST NOW? ._. Will the partners be rearranged in any way? And HI MEGAN.
Old August 27th, 2012 (02:01 PM).
resident slacker
Crystal Tier

12 RPers is fine. I can totally work with that. :)

And thanks for the welcomes/greetings/etc! I feel part of the RP already. ;3 I wonder who I'll get for a partner? :P Just can't wait to get started. :D
Old August 27th, 2012 (03:24 PM).
Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsyful
Speaking of partners... I haven't exactly been vocal, but Fortworth, is everything okay? I don't mean to nag you.

Would you like me to make another post that might help out a bit? Or is that shaking up too much?
Old August 27th, 2012 (03:41 PM).
Crystal Tier

Thankfully we don't seem to be at a point where partners are necessary yet, so hopefully we'll be able to sort them out soon before anything big gets under way. :D I'm guessing this is the up to date list of characters:

1.) parallelzero as Eria Estella
2.) AlexOzzyCake as Ryudo Skye
3.) The Final Watchman as Kirkland Lawrence
4.) Baker's Bulbasaur as Cody Rhodes
5.) SwiftSign as Alex Hall
6.) Fuyu as Rion Mazer
7.) Reader_Maniac as Orion Pierce
8.) fortworth96 as Mina Avery
9.) xelarator as Alex Tinajero
10.) Whimsyful as Salem "Rolly" Walters
11.) Curious. as Anson Amador
12.) Meganium90 as Selena Bravo

So we'll have to sort out who's lost a partner and who needs a new one, then after that we should be ready to go right? :D It'd probably help if we worked out who actually needs a new partner though, so who does?

I do.
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:32 PM).
This is how we live!

Okay, so here is my attempt at shifting around the partners in a non-destructive manner:

Rion Mazer (Fuyu) moves to Space and is partnered with Ryudo Skye (AlexOzzyCake).

Kirkland Lawrence (The Final Watchman) moves to Distortion and is partnered with Eria Estella (parallelzero).

Anson Amador (Curious.) and Selena Bravo (Meganium90)are paired in Time.

Why did I do it like that? Well, as far as I can see, that was the way to do it with the least movement. Does any party involved have any objections? As for posts, once we get this sorted out then you're free to go. I mean, you were already free to post, but at the risk of being extraordinarily confusing.
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:38 PM).
Crystal Tier

Sounds good to me! Are we pretending that our old partners were never there and that we've been with our new partners the whole time? Or are we meeting them for the first time in our upcoming posts? :)
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
This is how we live!

I'd say you should pretend your partner never existed, but meet for the first time in the upcoming posts too. Kind of like you never went to your room like you were supposed to and just ran into your partner later. It seems the easiest to justify.
Old August 27th, 2012 (05:58 PM).
Crystal Tier

Okie dokie! Fuyu I'll VM you now and we can arrange to meet in the stadium once Ryudo and Alex are finished on the balcony :D
Old August 27th, 2012 (06:19 PM).
Battle!

That's fine by me! I have a really aww way to make this happen. :D

Old August 28th, 2012 (12:06 AM).
The Evil Queen
Moderator, CS

Is parallelzero still around? Haven't seen him in a while...

Alex and Cody :D dream team right there eh Baker? since we are the only original team now muahaha.
Old August 28th, 2012 (01:02 AM).
Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsyful
Quote originally posted by Starsprite:
I'd say you should pretend your partner never existed, but meet for the first time in the upcoming posts too. Kind of like you never went to your room like you were supposed to and just ran into your partner later. It seems the easiest to justify.
Hold on, I thought we discussed this.

Man. Eating. Bulbasaurs.
Old August 28th, 2012 (09:19 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Whimsyful:
Man. Eating. Bulbasaurs.
... Okay I am officially in love with this idea. It would be a realistic way to swap partners without having to pretend they never existed x] (I mean writing them out, not necessarily death lmao.) Maybe Malik could leave a note in the room saying he went home or something? And other people's old partners could do similar? The story would flow properly then and we'd have something to talk about with our new partners o3o
Old August 28th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
This is how we live!

You could write them out as last second disqualifications, yes. However, I'm going to have to ask that the reason be more uniform, like a last second disqualification. Normally, the idea of man-eating Bulbasaurs wouldn't be so unappealing, but I think it wouldn't really fit with this RP.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)